PDA

View Full Version : Citadel: Total War released!!!

Silver Rusher
01-18-2005, 19:50
Now that I have your attention, I would like to inform you that from now on I will not be around as much as I was before. I will come on occasionally, but for now there is just too much pressure on me to lead the team, with all these people, as well as work etc. So just a quick notice, I will come on here occasionally but not quite as often as I did before. Work on the mod will still continue, don't worry. ~;)

Thanks,
Silver Rusher

P.S. Oh, and by the way, CTW hasn't been released, I just used that title to get your attention.

Uesugi Kenshin
01-19-2005, 03:47
Well that got my attention.....

Anyway I think we need to nominate someone who comes on very regularly and has been with the team a while to lead the development. I do not think this person needs modding skills, but just an understanding of the period and the ability to coordinate the modding effort. If people would like to list nominees here we could make a vot, though I suggest it is a post vote not a poll vote because anyone can add to a poll and I think we should be able to know who is nominating/voting for who and why....

Enjoy life outside the mod SR! :bow: :bow:

oblivious maximus
01-19-2005, 21:43
:furious3:

Saranalos
01-20-2005, 01:48
Anyway I think we need to nominate someone who comes on very regularly and has been with the team a while to lead the development. I do not think this person needs modding skills, but just an understanding of the period and the ability to coordinate the modding effort

Hmmm....... Not suggesting anyone in particular are you.... :rolleyes:

Uesugi Kenshin
01-20-2005, 03:22
I would love to do it..... But I would like to see if anyone else wants to, if anyone thinks I should/can do it or if people think someone is more qualified. I like to keep an open mind about everything. I would never vote for myself over someone who is more qualified and has shown that they are reliable....
It would be nice if people would make more comments though.... I personally do not remember who has been on here all the time because I am horrible with names, but I do know that the modellers have been on recently, their names refuse to come to me right now...
So anyone else want to lead?

GodsPetMonkey
01-20-2005, 03:31
You spend more time here than anyone else, so you must have time to burn
~D

To my knowledge I am the only active modeler... if there are others, I would like to know about it, I could do with some help...

But really, if someone was to take some of the responsibilities of Silver Rusher (I think he should remain the team lead) your definately one of the better possibles, Saranalos too.

Yggdrasill
01-20-2005, 11:38
I sent this PM to Silver two days ago but he hasn't received it yet (it seems he is very serious about not coming here anymore - I just hope he finishes the campaign map since he took that onto himself and he's the only one working on it sofar).

Anyway this is my take on what we should do next. It seems to me that all of us have just been waiting for the campaing map and units to be finished to actually do something, and I think that's wrong. We have to work on all of the elements of the mod at the same time so we maximize our efforts.

So this is what I sent him, if everybody agrees this is how we should proceed (and no this is not a suptile nomination on my part, I'm way too busy with exams right now to take the lead nor have I been here that often)

With the modelers situation being as it is (there are 3 graphics guys on the team besides GodsPetMonkey, where are they? do they plan on doing some work eventually?), I'll be on hand for him with units, pictures and unit lists, might even do some modeling myself if it doesn't turn out to be too complicated. So I'll keep researching that. For now, unit scripting is way too premature, with unit lists still incomplete, one faction still missing (what did you decide on that? I kinda need to know now to do some reserching, my vote goes to Byzantium), etc. So a lot of people will be doing nothing. So why don't you give each a specific task, something that can be done now without too much scripting. For example
1. new vices and virtues, new retinue members
2. new names for family members and leaders
3. new music
4. new sound effects, notably for crossbows and gunpowder weapons (can we reuse old sound effects from MTW since those were pretty good IIRC)
5. new portraits of faction members (again, is it possible to reuse old ones from MTW since they are way cooler than what we have now in RTW IMHO, also fit the period and already available)
6. research for various notices about advances that appear at the beginning of a turn, like archimedean screw in RTW (in Citadel it would be for example the Gutenberg press, the Copernicus theory and his subsequent burning at the stakes, Jean Bodin and his theories of state, John Locke, Shakespeare etc.) I volunteer for that, and the aforementioned unit reaserch....

And other things if you think of something. All of this is really very simple when taken in isolation, but it makes up for a large number of manhours. But this doesn't have to wait for other elements of the mod to be ready like unit scripting does, and since a lot of people are just waiting for that to happen, they could do this in the meantime. It can be done individually, and overall it will speed things up if we have these elements ready by the time units and the campaign map are finished.

I think that Celtic or Uesugi can take the lead by the way.

Saranalos
01-20-2005, 22:43
I am around a lot but I will be happy if someone puts my name on the team list. :bow: :bow:
I was also wondering what are the two other graphics people on the list there for? I have not seen any sign of them doing anything.

I have mtw so if any sound effects are needed....

And the best candidates for a team leader are Yggdrasill, GodsPetMonkey, Uesugi Kenshin, Celtic Winter and maybe me because we seem to be around the most.... ~D ~D

Uesugi Kenshin
01-21-2005, 03:59
Aaahhh 5 people suggested..... Hmmmmm I think we should all meet in Nowhere, Alabama and have a fight to the death over who takes the lead....
Don't forget your weapon!

Seriously: Is everyone on the list interested in being team lead?
If so who do people want as team lead?

Uesugi Kenshin
01-21-2005, 05:02
THIS IS UNRELATED AND NOT IMPORTANT:

Galaxies must be aligned, 4-5 threads have me as having posted last...

Freaky...

GodsPetMonkey
01-21-2005, 06:23
Its been a slow couple of days ~D

Uesugi Kenshin
01-22-2005, 04:45
Well as long as you don't count exams, yeah it has been. Could people reply to my previous question, whenever you get a chance. Then we can have a proper vote or discussion of individual merit and such.
BTW I couldn't get on the forum earlier, but when I googled CTW I found a link that let me on the forums and when I checked my favorites link it also worked again. Strange...

Saranalos
01-22-2005, 17:56
Maybe the site was down for awhile lots of sites I have tried to get onto in the past week seemed to be down as well, although they have worked perfectly before. Or maybe its a scheme to get everyone who is using dialup to get broadband.

Anyway I am bringing my crossbow to Nowhere, Alabama..... ~D ~D

also I will try to re-align the galaxies.

Uesugi Kenshin
01-23-2005, 04:13
I was going to bring the shotgun.... ~D

Yeah, when I couldn't get on Tosa was backing everything up.
The galaxies need realignment.

So does everyone on the list want to be project leader?
Is there anyone we have missed that should be nominated as well?

Saranalos
01-23-2005, 05:23
I dont think think there is anyone else to be nominated.

And since you are going to bring the shotgun im going to bring the W2000(Sniper Rifle) ~D ~D ~D ~:joker: ~:joker: ~:joker:~:joker:~:joker:~:joker:

And the galaxies are staying un-alinged beacause I was disconnected 5 times when I was trying to re-alaign them. ~:confused: ~:confused:

Uesugi Kenshin
01-23-2005, 05:41
Then I will bring an M82A1 antimaterial rifle. AAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNND
A tank equipped with a giant shotgun that can take out a building!

So who do people want to lead the development?

Saranalos
01-23-2005, 05:45
Oops did I just accenditally hit the LAUNCH NUKE DO NOT TOUCH button why I did and look where its heading........ ~:joker: ~:joker: ~:joker: ~:joker:~:joker:~:joker:~:joker:~:joker:~:joker:~:joker:~:joker:~:joker:

Uesugi Kenshin
01-23-2005, 06:06
wow we are really good at tangents, just like D&D night in the real world, 5 hours set aside for D&D and about 1 hour of playing.

Other members of the team please give your opinions on who the team leader should be whenever you get on.

Saranalos I may be getting off soon so the tangents will eventually end...

Saranalos
01-23-2005, 06:20
Unfortunatley I require sleep so I will have to logoff now anyway it was worth staying up till 5:30 to re-align the galaxies.