PDA

View Full Version : Possible project : Diadochi Total War

Meneldil
01-19-2005, 07:03
Hello all.
A few hours ago, I was looking through the org modding forum for MTW, and I found a topic about a mod for MTW called Diadochi.

Though Alogic (the creator of the topic) had a lot of good idea and planned almost everything, he kinda disapeared a few months ago, not to be seen again.
Since I think the Successors era is a very interesting and exciting one, and since Alogic borrowed a load of information for his mod, I was wondering if any modder would be interested in making a Diadochi Total War mod for RTW.

I have some basic skills at text editing and modding the map, but I have absolutely no knowledge in skinning and all graphical art.
As I don't want to start a 'to-be-aborted-later' project, I'm looking for people who are quite motivated, and who already have some knowledge about modding RTW. If you are either a mapper, a skinner, a modeler, if you have some skill with photoshop, or if you have some knowledge about this period, leave me a PM.

caesar44
01-19-2005, 21:55
go for it !
think about all this men - attalus , seleucus , ptolamy , antipater - great period , great struggle , great battles
ye

SpartanCaesar
01-19-2005, 22:33
Sounds awesome! I say go for it! Although, while you're at it, why not make an Alexander the Great: Total War? You'd be covering the same area...

Meneldil
01-19-2005, 23:05
I think a TW games about the Diadochi would be funnier and more exciting than one about Alexander.
Everyone already know who was Alexander and what he have done, while many people don't really know who were the successors and their states.

I'll happilly go for it, if I can find some skinners, and 2D artists at least.

Meneldil
02-05-2005, 11:21
A small update for the few people who bother about this mod.

The faction list is being finalised.
Currently, we are looking for more infos about the Successors' banners (since I'm fairly sure the ones we have in vanilla RTW are wrong).
I'm going to make a new icon for the Seleucid Kingdom (the anchor) and for Macedonia (the star).

We are looking for banners for the Antigonid, the Ptolemaic and Lysimachus' Kingdom aswell, any help would be nice (other factions will also get new banners).

The first official Diadochi Total War skin (by Xanthipos), the Thuerophoroi Peltast is almost ready. I'll probably post a screenshot once its 100% finished.

JR-
02-05-2005, 11:51
ace, i always thought it a shame that the M:TW version ended up stillborn.

caesar44
02-05-2005, 13:32
hi
can you tell us about the factions in the mod and the size of the map ? :book:

Myrddraal
02-05-2005, 15:39
This thread has some good posts, so instead of deleting it, this thread is closed on request from Meneldil.

The new thread is here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=43105), post all your question there.