PDA

View Full Version : Date for release

Wanderer30
01-19-2005, 07:46
Hey guys,
Do you guys have an approximate date for release??? Haven't found any info in any of the threads on this board...just dying to get my hands on this thing.
~:)

khelvan
01-19-2005, 08:11
Yes: When it is ready. ~:cool:

No date attached...

Wanderer30
01-19-2005, 15:54
um, yeah...
weeks, months, 6 months, a year???
I wasn't looking for the exact second, just a general idea of whether I should wait for the release, or try to find another mod that is both available and playable. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Big_John
01-19-2005, 16:07
just a general idea of whether I should wait for the release, or try to find another mod that is both available and playable.neither, you should make your own mod, release it immediately, and call it rome: total promptness. how do you like them apples mr. impatient!?

don't mind me..
~:handball:

masp_82
01-19-2005, 17:28
i wanted to ask the same as wanderer30. Iam not a impatient person but i like to know if i have to wait 1 month 1 year or 10 years for the mod.

If possible it would be nice when in the status thread there is a little statistic which says "units 10% ready" "map 30% ready" and so on. I know its hard to estimate such things but maybe this is possible when the mod has progressed further.

Urnamma
01-19-2005, 18:19
Be patient ~:)

This last idea is a good one, we might just post some status updates. I'll talk to the team about it.

khelvan
01-19-2005, 19:53
It is something I had planned on doing, but that requires having coordinators who can update me with the status on each of our areas, hint hint ;)

Wanderer30
01-19-2005, 21:58
Thanks Urnamma and Khelvan,
I like masp 82's ideas as well. As far as the cooridinator idea, Khelvan, I am extremely organized and meticulous. If you need help with this area, I'll gladly offer my help. This mod looks like it has the potential to be the best one out there. Keep up the good work, and let me know if you need my help.
Thanks,
Wanderer30 ~D

khelvan
01-19-2005, 22:58
Oh, I meant internally we still have a faction or two that needs someone to step up and take charge out of the group who is working on them. I've tried bringing in people specifically to do organizational work but I have found they tend to disappear rather quickly.

frisian28ad
01-19-2005, 23:05
May I ask which factions? Not that I.......

khelvan
01-19-2005, 23:14
I thought you were a member now? Check the planning for public release thread, you will see all you need to know!

Turin
01-20-2005, 03:04
I know how it is to have modding partners drop out on you. I hate it too. I made a samurai model and sent it to someone to texture so that I could submit it to the Sengoku Jidai mod (they're really exclusive). The guy seemed excited about it in beginning, but despite my efforts to chack on his progress, he seems to have just dropped off.

I would love to help you all organize this mod. I have the time and the know how. I install a lot of mods and I know the Data folder like the back of my hand. I also know how to work photoshop and 3DsMax6. But I really have neither the time nor the artistic skill to model and skin. So, if you can give me a list of what everyone on the group does. I can keep a thread going about the overall progress as well as specific advances. I think it will keep the fans interested and really give this mod the kind of popular backing that it deserves. Also, we may be able to attract new talent into the group. There are many out there who work on their own petty mods but can't put together anything big because they are only one person. I visit all the modding forums so I know who they are.

It's like running track. An athelete performs better when he knows the goals and how far he is away from them. I'll make it so that everyone knows what is being done and what still needs to be done.

khelvan
01-20-2005, 03:42
Thank you for the offer, Turin. We've sorted most of it out internally. As a project manager I think I'm doing an ok job, but I just haven't gotten around to making a public status thread the way I want it to. Mostly because we haven't had people in the right positions to give the right feedback for it. We're nearly there.

Cheers,

-khel