PDA

View Full Version : Tourney Registration,numbers,etc...

Zen Blade
05-04-2001, 23:09
Ok,

first off,

How's everyone doing?

second,

As of last I heard, we had 132 entrants. So, we decided to cut off registration at 135 entrants even. (anyone not registered yet, hurry... there may still be a spot)

This being said, if you want to play, but didn't make the registration cut, then please do show up to the tourney (May13 7PM (GMT)) as it is likely that there will be a few holes that will need to be filled in the brackets.

Also, with 135 ppl we will be doing a two weekend event. First weekend will be the narrowing down, and the second weekend will be the finals (perhaps 16 finalists).

The preliminary VS table/brackets should be up shortly at the tourney page. Since there are so many entrants it is unlikely that you will each recieve an e-mail (not making any gurantees). Look for your name on the bracket/vs-table page at the website.

ALSO, our sponsors... hopefully the link to ORIENTAL SWORDS will be up shortly. They are the company that is donating the Tanto. Also, EA is providing two copies of what appears to be an amazing expansion pack!

-If there are any questions, please ask.

-Zen Blade

------------------
Zen Blade Asai
Red Devil
Last of the RSG
Clan Tenki Council-Unity

05-04-2001, 23:35
Zen,

That simply awe-inspiring...

135 ppl! amazing...this will be great http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Honour to Clan No Fear.

Visit my resource centre at: http://terazawa.totalwar.org

ElmarkOFear
05-05-2001, 03:04
Wow, I will be worn out by the time I get to the final game . . Since you know I am going to win the tourney (see my post). How about just putting me in the final bracket and letting all the others practice up for their match with me? LOL BWAHAHAHAHA :P Sounds like this tourney will be lots of fun!! Good luck Tenki's

TenkiKagutsuchi
05-05-2001, 17:30
The Thanks goes to you guys, Without you lot, what kinda tourney would it be???

So again THANK YOU, and i hope it (please,please,please)goes smoothly
And EVERYONE has fun!!

We closed at 141 entrants, and i am busy updating and completing the Vs table.

The emails will come soon, to inform you of the finer details.

Until the fateful day.... GL

BTW, Oriental Swords, tell me that their New website has been delayed, it should have been ready at the start of May (which is why they agreed to provide the 1st prize)

I am told that the website will be up ASAP, and if it is before the 20th of may (which they don't expect it will be) AND the tourney goes well, and everyone enjoys it, they may be willing to donate another prize
For any further tournaments to be run, either by us (Clan Tenki) or anyone else who decides they want to host a go!!

So... http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

TenkiKagutsuchi

Daimyo of Tenki-Okibi

Zen Blade
05-07-2001, 04:37
OK, the Tourney VS. table IS UP.

So, stop on by the tourney page and see it for yourselves.

On the vs table, click on whatever color block corresponds to your room for the actual vs table.

As you can all see, there are 140 registered. Some though will not show up and so, IF YOU WANT TO PLAY, BUT HAVE NOT REGISTERED... SHOW UP EARLY TO THE TOURNEY.

We will fill vacancies as they come.

Also, don't give the hosts any lip.

Btw, some of the groups are tough... a testiment to the skill of the STW players!

GL everyone

-Zen Blade

------------------
Zen Blade Asai
Red Devil
Last of the RSG
Clan Tenki Council-Unity

Whitey
05-07-2001, 21:24
OK - how did you define 'your group has been defined as 'QUITE TOUGH' or so on...how many brackets are they, and does this mean I get to face veterens from the offset???

I mean I hoped to at least make the finals http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif

TenkiKagutsuchi
05-07-2001, 22:19
The..

Your group has been defined as: *******

Was simply my idea... a piece of something to get a bit of a debate going as to who the hell i was to judge the brackets and all that : )

I hope no-one is upset by my "definitions"
but i think that those of you in magy's or TheLonelyWolfs group will agree with the "extremely hard" definition i came up with...

just so you know. i graded the groups like this

easy
quite easy
average
quite tough
tough
quite hard
hard and very hard

it just indecates that the harder the group, the more frantic practicing you will have to do...... No rusties in the hard ones : )

It isn't an indication to anyones personal playing ability. just how tough a couple of fights your in for!!!

the matches were randomly picked, so no.. unfair cries please!

Clan Tenki

TenkiKagutsuchi
05-07-2001, 22:25
Just so you know...The website and some of the emails contradict each other regarding the unit limit rule.(any emails recieved on or after the 7th are correct)

The WEBSITE displayed version is CORRECT, and the rule favours the ATTACKER slightly, in order to try and balance the inherent
advantage the defender gets

Sorry, for the mistake, but there are bound to be the odd 1 or 2...and i hope i can be forgiven!! please....

TenkiKagutsuchi

Daimyo of Tenki-Okibi

Zen Blade
05-08-2001, 00:35
Just as a personal note,

I think Atilla's group (in my red room) is also a very very tough group...

you have him, MasterIce, DaGoodDaBad..., SkullXII of the Celtibero, and.... oh... who is it... I can't remember but I know he is a decent player.

-Zen Blade

------------------
Zen Blade Asai
Red Devil
Last of the RSG
Clan Tenki Council-Unity

Whitey
05-08-2001, 02:08
excellent - so a 'quite tough' group is 'moderate'...I can handle moderate (I hope)

and how is this ranking done? in relation to your skills or the overall group skills?

just a quick question about structure...from the group stage, do the winners play the runners up in the next phase?

and does the final involve a single match or a 'four fight' kind of deal but with only two players

TenkiKagutsuchi
05-08-2001, 02:32
After the group battles... on the 13th.

It will simply an elimination competition, until we have

2 finalists
and
2 runners up

They will fight on green, in a 5000 koku match,

as far as how the wiiners of the group stage continue...

the winner of a group will ATTACK against the runner up from another group. the same rules as the group stage will apply.

Hope this answers it... all will be explained to you on the 13th of may

AND THE Vs table will be updated to show the next stage of battles, due to be fought on the 20th of May

Hope this answers it!

TenkiKagutsuchi

Daimyo of Tenki-Okibi