PDA

View Full Version : Samnite Total War

BabylonTW
01-23-2005, 06:58
Im making a n mod on VERY early rome its gonna have about 4-6 new nations it will also have the greeks,All roman familys,thrace, and guals
the setting will be in about 500 bc to about 370 bc

It will be a map of italy the sorounding countrys it willl have more than 1 city per provance to make up for not very many provences

each new fraction will have atleast 1 new unit and the turns if i can figure it out will be years not 6 months i hoppe to get it finished with in a month and a half it wont be a very larg download eaither so dont worry maby 1-3mb if that. ill try too have updates every week help is wanted but i can handle it by my self

Status of SAMTW

maps-15%
--- |
nations-3%
- |
Region R&D-75%
--------- |
New Units-0%
|

BabylonTW
01-23-2005, 07:08
http://us.f537.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter/PREVIEW.JPG?box=Inbox&MsgId=3225_724843_11901_1520_13766_0_1101_19649_2715354795&bodyPart=2&filename=PREVIEW.JPG&tnef=&YY=95022&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b

(sorrry bad pic but u get the idea)
THIS WONT BE THE MAP .its way to badly drawn but u get the idea
(NO VIRUS )(i scan all my files)

Aldaceleb
01-23-2005, 09:05
What a great idea for mod ~:cheers: !
Good luck with it

BabylonTW
01-23-2005, 10:02
Update

maps-100%
-----------------|
finish every map
the rigions the hights the fetures the ....... well u get it

BabylonTW
01-23-2005, 10:32
update

got regions done and abot 67 % of the paper work done (the dsrc start stuff)

Region R&D-100%
--------------|
Dscr strat- 67%(overall)
---------- |

Attalus
01-23-2005, 10:47
Sounds good BabylonTW.

Looking forward to seeing your mod!

caesar44
01-23-2005, 11:39
goog idea
you should remember that the samnite wars began in 343 bc and ended in 290 bc
rome at that time was one nation
thrace was far away (from the roman point of view)
good luck

Suraknar
01-23-2005, 17:32
Hello, nice Idea for a mod indeed.

If you are going back as far as 500 BC, hope the Etruscans are there as well ~:)

Cheers!

BabylonTW
01-24-2005, 06:14
ive run into a litle road block im testing the map rite now but the game keeps crashing . I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS going on but i will find out.

Here are the 5 new nations

Samnites-good line infanitry,heavy calv
Urbrians-great ambusher units/not alot of calvery
Etruskans-Flexible type of units/superior spearmen
Alpi-poor line inf./not alot of calv/ but superior archers
Liguries-poor archers/ superior calvery/ good line inf.

Romans-(julii) there will only be one roman family in this mod

tharce-

greeks-

guals-

Overall-65%
--------------|

BabylonTW
01-24-2005, 07:05
Samnite update-
still no clue on the crashing thing

im reading something that mite help if u know any thing please tell me

heres the positive i got the SAM TW fourms up
http://s3.invisionfree.com/Samnite_Total_War/index.php?

Monkwarrior
01-24-2005, 11:55
Samnite update-
still no clue on the crashing thing

After reading this thread and your post in the Tutorials forum I can give you some advices from my own experience.

My small map didn't work with any roman faction different from the senate. Thus if I were you I would try first this approach. Give to the senate all the roman regions and eliminate all the traces of other roman factions from all the files in the campaign folder.
My hipothesis is that senate missions are hard-coded, and any reduction in the map creates some conflict between the orders and the eliminated regions.
This problem can only be solved by scripting, but at the moment nobody knows how to do.

If this don't work it will be necessary to explore all the steps you did in the design of the map.
Sorry, but I cannot be more precise in this regard.
Good luck! :bow:

ShadowStriker
01-25-2005, 03:28
what does Samnite stand for?

caesar44
01-25-2005, 21:37
its one of the many ancient italics tribs

blindfaithnogod
01-26-2005, 01:40
After reading this thread and your post in the Tutorials forum I can give you some advices from my own experience.

My small map didn't work with any roman faction different from the senate. Thus if I were you I would try first this approach. Give to the senate all the roman regions and eliminate all the traces of other roman factions from all the files in the campaign folder.
My hipothesis is that senate missions are hard-coded, and any reduction in the map creates some conflict between the orders and the eliminated regions.
This problem can only be solved by scripting, but at the moment nobody knows how to do.

If this don't work it will be necessary to explore all the steps you did in the design of the map.
Sorry, but I cannot be more precise in this regard.
Good luck! :bow:

i agree that the senate missons are hardcoded. for the blue lotus map we used the romans so i had to include the targets of the original senate missions. you can change the names in game by editing the regions_and_settlements text file.
on the right hand side. also if you didnt know. the senate has to be in there and also a provence named latium and its city named rome. ~D i hope you have success with your mod. ~:cheers:

also have you seen the modding template (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=39773) by duke john. its great for a starting point. (its halfway down the page. at the begining of his second post.)