PDA

View Full Version : Changing the Cultures and Rearranging Factions

Ignoramus
01-23-2005, 22:50
I just had a brainwave. Instead of having the Crusader Orders subject to the Pope, Make it the Italian Kingdoms. Get rid of the Knights of St. John, and instead replace them with Naples. Then shift the Teutinic Knights and the Knights of the Dragon to Western Catholic Culture. Then make the three Italian kingdoms subject to the Pope. Because, say you were the Teutonic Knights, And got enough popular support, and declared war on the Papacy, it would be just silly! And who would want to play as the Knights of St. John with only Cypress? Please any comments or feedback?

Uesugi Kenshin
01-24-2005, 04:29
I don't know enough about the italian kingdom's relationship to the pope to know what to tell ya. Sounds like it could work, but our historical experts will need to back up or refute it, I am not well enough informed to make a decision. Good thing I admit it!

Ignoramus
01-24-2005, 05:09
I don't know enough about the italian kingdom's relationship to the pope to know what to tell ya. Sounds like it could work, but our historical experts will need to back up or refute it, I am not well enough informed to make a decision. Good thing I admit it!

Well, I mean it would make much more sense. Because otherwise there is no danger in defying the Pope. I mean, he can't send his forces through Germany or the Balkans now could he? I think it would be reasonably historical, of my broad historical knowledge, the Italian Kingdoms respected the Pope, because if they didn't, the Pope would certainly at least, ask Spain or France to Launch a Crusade against them, so the Pope could expand his lands.

Yggdrasill
01-24-2005, 09:50
That's actually not bad. It would also help us in getting rid of the Order of the Dragon, and include Wallachia.
So the Papal factions would be: The Venice, Naples, Milano... And instead of Milano and Venice as Western culture factions, we would have the Hospitallers and the Teutons...oops, no third spot for the Wallachians... Well this is just as well. MAybe the Knights of Saint John could stay as a crusader faction (I believe they had the strongest ties with the Pope), so no Naples, and then we could have the Teutons and Wallachians as factions?

I like the first option better.
How far has the developement in the old direction progressed? We really need Silver to come and agree on this, otherwise it's all academic. How often does he visit the forum lately, does anybody know?

Yggdrasill
01-24-2005, 10:15
No, this is how it should be:
Papal faction: The Pope, Venice, Milano, Knights of St. John
Western Factions: Teutonic order, BURGUNDY

I always wanted to include Burgundy. So no Naples (we really don't need a third Italian faction, besides, Naples was for a long time ruled by Spain) and no Wallachians (which is a shame, but Burgundy is more important).

Ignoramus
01-24-2005, 10:31
No, this is how it should be:
Papal faction: The Pope, Venice, Milano, Knights of St. John
Western Factions: Teutonic order, BURGUNDY

I always wanted to include Burgundy. So no Naples (we really don't need a third Italian faction, besides, Naples was for a long time ruled by Spain) and no Wallachians (which is a shame, but Burgundy is more important).

That's good. Burgundy was becoming a major power a the start of this time period. But don't give Southern Italy to Spain, because otherwise it will disrupt the balance of power.

Hang on, why not give Sicily to Aragon, At the start of this period, Aragon already had it, they took it of the Germans in 1277, who had acquired it through blood ties to the Norman Kings.

Celtic_Winter
01-24-2005, 22:17
I think this is somewhat a good idea. It would give the players and even bigger and more diverse selection of units.

Uesugi Kenshin
01-26-2005, 04:32
SilverRusher has pretty much abdicated responsibility without choosing an heir. He has not been on since the 23 and before that the 18, we need a new project lead to contact him, find out what he ahs done, gather his work and assume responsibility for leading the mod and helping to reach decisions on these issues, or at least guide development while allowing the people with more knowledge of the period to make most of the decisions on including factions and such.

Yggdrasill
01-26-2005, 08:59
As far as I know, he's still working on the campaign map, I have no idea how far he's progressed. Uesugi, if you want to reach him, by all means try, but send him a pm and an e-mail, bring him up to speed and simply tell him that we've decided to go in another direction as far as factions are concerned. If he doesn't want to lead, well that's fine it's his life, but that means he can't be making all the final decisions anymore, especially since he's nowhere to be foumd. So I definitely think that this is the way to go (faction-wise)

Uesugi Kenshin
01-26-2005, 18:36
I am going to pm and e-mail him now. I will try to find out how much progress he has done and gather his work via e-mail. I think this new setup for factions would work quite well. I only wish we could sneak Ireland in. Oh well...

Ignoramus
01-26-2005, 21:18
Well make sure Burgandy is much better than Medieval's. Because t was a disgrace to Byrgandy in Medieval. Oh if any historical imput is needed just say so and to whom I should send it.

Yggdrasill
01-26-2005, 21:25
No need I already compiled a preliminary unit list for them.

Just one question if you perchance know this: did the Burgundian men-at-arms from the Compaignes d'Ordonnance use any horse armour?

You could make a list of leaders for them (Charles the Bold etc.)..

How is the historical events reaserchj going?

Yggdrasill
01-26-2005, 21:26
:embarassed:

Uesugi Kenshin
01-26-2005, 22:14
I don't know how the historical events research is going. I have yet to contact SR but when I do he will hopefully be able to tell me.