PDA

View Full Version : League?

1master1Boromir
05-15-2001, 00:04
As mentioned in my post in general forum, I am thinking of creating an ongoing league for dedicated players.
rules would be simple and I aim to start off small with the view to increasing the number of players.
Think anyone would be interested?

RaZoRstrike
05-15-2001, 00:14
I WOULD PROBABLY BE INTERESTED IN THIS. DEPEND ON THE TIMEFRAME WE COULD PLAY THE GAMES. PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL HELP ANYWAY I CAN.

THANKS,
RaZoRstrike

Vanya
05-15-2001, 00:41
What exactly does this mean? A Clan? Or eternal competition?

"[Man] has become strong through eternal struggle, and it is only through eternal peace that he shall perish."

-- Do you know who said that??

TenkiKagutsuchi
05-15-2001, 01:09
I think you just said that!!

But i and my clan would be interested Master1Boromir!!!

Let me know what i can do to help/join in!!

TenkiKagutsuchi

1master1Boromir
05-15-2001, 04:19
Thanks for your interest so far.
This is an 'external' 1v1 league that will be ongoing. The rules have yet to be finalised as i thought i would guage interest first. The website for the league is well into production and I will post the addy when it is ready for people to join up.
Initially, I hope that about 40 players will be involved in 4 divisions of 10-12 with the chance of promotion relegation etc, to provide an incentive for good clean, hard fought battles.

I will keep everyone updated and once again thanks.

Boromir

SzuTagatoi
05-15-2001, 05:59
Salutations All

This is a great idea Boromir!

With the successfull result the Tenki tourney did amoung the Shogun community, I think anything is possible if we put time and dedication into it. The Tenki's tourney was a good proof of what can be accomplished, in a very well organized manner.

As for the "league", I think we have a few path we could take. This is just some suggestions, cause I don't want to interrupt the path u chose to take for this league.

1-We could make one league with only warriors fighting straight against each other and have some ranking and standings.

2-Or we could try and make one league with the online clans that are interested to join and fight in monthly battles.

I think the player league would be easier than the clan, cause we only have to wait for one players and not a hole bunch of warriors. But both ideas are good, and should rise the spirit of competition. Especially the Clan League, this could be quite exciting. the Masters against the NoFears? http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif then next week, they take up the RW's? http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif hehe.

I really am interested in helping all warriors to have fun. And this league idea is a great suggestion.

Schedules fights will put pressure and make it more intense and competitive in the eventual ranking.

Anyhow, just wanted to "Salute" this idea, and if you need a warrior to help you in any manner, feel free to contact me. It would be an honour to help such idea.

Sincere Salutations

Taga

Vanya
05-15-2001, 21:38
Schedules will kill it...

"[So-and-so] just won 'cause I had to go do [whatever] and I therefore could not make the game...! [He/She] is therefore a lame-duck champion!"

How many people moved on in the various tourneys because their match couldn't show up at the scheduled time? Since players are from all over the world, it will be highly unlikely that the player in US will be able to play the one in Kazakstan or China on an even/fair time for both.

1master1Boromir
05-16-2001, 07:17
Good Point, but as a counter to your post I will say that I am in UK and Most of my clan is in the U.S.A and Cananda. I play with them all the time. If all entrants submit an email etc then the 'home' player must contact their opponent for a suitable time to play within a week maybe.
I appreciate your post and I will endevour to find the best way for all players to participate.
Thanks

Boromir.

Vanya
05-17-2001, 00:46
And how can you prove who was a 'noshow'? Take one player's word? What if both claim the other never showed?!?

Zen Blade
05-17-2001, 07:24
I never realized how constructive Vanya could be!

Good point Vanya!

: )

btw, I was being sarcastic...

-Zen Blade

------------------
Zen Blade Asai
Red Devil
Last of the RSG
Clan Tenki Council-Unity

Vanya
05-17-2001, 23:02
I do not build, I just ravage, pillage and destroy. I will bleed the country dry so that I can fill my coffers with the riches and geishas of the lands. I am the destroyer of worlds.

The Zen of Vanya

ElmarkOFear
05-18-2001, 03:34
That is not the Zen of Vanya . . That is George Bush's political platform!!! http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Zen Blade
05-18-2001, 04:12
I agree with Elm!

dang GWB

all of our energy problems will be solved if we just give the American ppl a tax cut... then they will have more money to pay their energy bills with...

he actually said that... no kidding.

-Zen Blade

------------------
Zen Blade Asai
Red Devil
Last of the RSG
Clan Tenki Council-Unity

Vanya
05-18-2001, 21:12
Erh... over here in Texas, for those that dont know, we all had to go to re-edukasun programs when Bush took over. Everyday life now consists of catatonic zombie walks to the death chamber with blank expressions chanting in a monotone voice: "BUSH! BUSH!" (much akin to the way the old egyptian chaps chanted "IMHOTEP! IMHOTEP!" in 'The Mummy').

For non-Texans, let me explain his energy policy: Kill the immates, then burn their bodies to generate electricity. This, fellas, is what he means by 'drilling' (needle-poking) in the 'artic refuge' (the cold, dead bodies of deathrow inmates)...

For his "We are the World" tour, he plans to send Jenna to bars across the country to scout out the best watering holes so he can later visit them in cognito.

So for us Texans, the Zen of Bush is our Zen as well...

*** Damn! That re-edukasun is kicking in again! Got to fight it! ***

I, for one, cannot fathom how some folks can question the intelligence of the man who DEFEATED the INVENTOR OF THE INTERNET in an election!!

LOL

[This message has been edited by Vanya (edited 05-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Vanya (edited 05-18-2001).]