PDA

View Full Version : Tenki Tourney Part II

TenkiKagutsuchi
05-14-2001, 07:46
Thank you to all for your kind words.. and for playing in it!! it was hard organizing such an event... Elmo least of all will know what we mean

Anyway, soon we will post the Vs table for the next round at the same site... info soon!

Hopefully we can enjoy the final leg of this tourney, the way we should of this weekend!!

it will be the same time, same place on sunday May 20th!
Elimination.... all rules will apply.. attacker chooses map!

Anyway.. we'll see if we can do a better job next weekend!

TenkiKagutsuchi

Daimyo of Clan Tenki-Okibi

ElmarkOFear
05-14-2001, 08:06
Kagu and Tenki clan members, I would like to thank you once again for hosting this tourney. You did a wonderful job, especially with the server problem at the beginning. I look forward to playing next weekend in the next round. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Vanya
05-19-2001, 02:01
Now that I have finished making my comments [In the other thread], I'd like to [post this here for those for which the other thread is too long to sift through]. From the ancient scrolls at the ruins of Nagashima, I have managed to dig up and decipher this little piece of history surrounding the infamous Tenki tourney... Enjoy and have fun!
------

The Tenki Tourney
==============

INTRODUCTION
In the chaos that followed the first Mongol Invasion of Japan, a powerful force emerged in the neigboring island of Hokkaido that would threaten the very existence of the samurai. A massive Ainu army unexpectedly descended on eastern Honshu and slaughtered the splintered clans that stood up to them. Lead by the young and ambitious Llama King, the Ainu army swept over the whole Kwanto, devastating and depopulating a once thriving land. His lust for conquest drove the Llama King to drive on the Imperial palace at Edo, where his Ainu army faced the determined remnants of Lord Hojo's mighty Horde.

The battle that ensued raged on for days, leaving hundreds of thousands of men dead. But Hojo managed to defeat the young King. Destitute and defeated, the Llama King attempted to flee for his worthless life through the highlands of Shinano and Kozuke. But the bitter winter slowly killed off the survivors of his army until there was none left but the young King himself. Famished and at the verge of death, the Llama King made a pact with Buddha: that if he were to spare his life and allow him to conquer his enemies, he would give Buddha his soul in return. Buddha agreed, and provided the young king with a brussel sprout for sustenance. He also granted the king command of his Holy Army of Buddhist Monks. At the head of this holy army, the Llama King tore through the lands of Japan laying waste to all remaining clans in his mad rush for conquest.

But after his men sacked the Imperial palace of Edo (the last Hojo fortress to fall), Buddha swept the Llama King away and forced him to be his servant. And the Holy Army of Buddhist Monks was returned to the sands of Hokkaido, where they would await the return of their commander, the Llama King.

THE TOURNEY
Shinobis of the noble Tenki clan have discovered inroads by Mongol raiding parties into Hokkaido. The local populace alleges they are searching for the lost Buddhist Temple of Emu. At first, the Tenkis dismissed this as mere folklore. But further shinobi missions confirmed that the Mongols believed that the temple really did exist.

If the legend was true, the Tenkis feared that the Mongols, if successful, would enter the cursed temple, awaken the Llama King from his eternal sleep, and seize command of Buddha's Holy Buddhist Monk Army by killing the awakened King so they could conquer the world! But the legend also says that he who takes command of the Holy army can also choose to return it to Buddha.

In haste, the Tenkis sent emissaries to all the clans of Japan, seeking the bravest warriors to join them in an epic journey to the wastelands of Hokkaido in a quest to seek out and destroy the Temple and return the Holy army to Buddha in order to save the world.

Many warriors joined the adventure. But when the Tenkis entered the Temple compound, they soon found out that in the restricted spaces of its labyrinthian corridors, that only a single fighter would be able to face the evil Llama king. Therefore, to ensure that they were to have the best chance of defeating this abomination, the brave samurai of Japan would face off against each other for the right and privilege of awakening and slaying the dormant Llama King.

MAY THE BEST WARRIOR WIN!

NagaoKagetora
05-19-2001, 03:39
Every time I put my shogun CD into my excuse for a computer I hope to have fun. I thought the first round of the Tenki tourny was great and very enjoyable http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

My decision to withdraw was hard to do but I considered it the right thing to do for me and the tourny.

Obake has pointed out to me that my reasons for withdrawing no longer exist.

My actions have not been designed to hurt The Hosts or those involved, but I realise that this may actually have happened. For this reason I have been worried about returning to the tournament lest it cause more discontent.

But if you guys will have me back then I will be gratefull....If anyone objects then I will respect that also.

KenchiKagetora

ElmarkOFear
05-19-2001, 05:09
Personally I welcome you back, and I think the Tenkis want you back as well. If you are ugly like me then that is even better!! http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif May we meet in the quarter-semi-finals so that I may introduce you to the art of the routing army . . mine that is!! LOL

NagaoKagetora
05-19-2001, 13:23
Elmo!

As ugly as if I have been siting in the "ugly tree" and hit every branch on my way down!!! lol

If we ever face each other in battle I feel I must warn you.... I have been learning from the masters (Takage and Kiku) in that most ancient and deadly of martial art forms - "The Mooning Ashigaru"

ElmarkOFear
05-19-2001, 16:25
My men have felt the unholy wrath of Kiku's infamous martial art technique . . The Flaming Baboon Buttocks. His Ashi's bright red and swollen buttocks, caused my men to halt, wretch profusely, then run as fast as they could to their doctor so that they could get a shot or two of penicillen, just in case it was contagious. ***SHUDDER*** the horror of it all!!! http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif