PDA

View Full Version : Continent: Total War Mod Idea (WORKING TITLE)

ShadowStriker
01-25-2005, 03:02
hi I had this crazy idea that we could have all 6 continents (dont look at me like that!!! Antarctica doesnt count!!! :furious3: ) each continent can be one map and one own campaign. here's a list of some possible factions... i havent studied some of the factions in the ancient times so how would i know.

Africa_natives???, ect...
North America_natives, ect...
Asia_china, russia, japan, ect...
Europe_ you know what, ect...
South America_natives???, ect
Australlia_natives???, ect

well anyone gonna comment/critizice/murder_me?

Zharakov
01-25-2005, 03:32
I think it would be cool if all 6 (he is right Anartican dosn't count) were on one campaign.

You could also do something similer to NTW but with more focous on say America, China, India, Imperial Japan, The Empire of Keorea, The American Civial War, the Japanese Civial War, Tzarist Russia.... and so much more.

ShadowStriker
01-25-2005, 03:37
i said each continent on one map, which is one campaign, meaning 6 campaigns.. and yes you know how the viking invasion for MTW is only like the upper part of Europe but the other campaigns are the whole Europe we could like put each continent on an individual campaign for the player who doesnt like too big campaings and the one big juicy campaign with all 6 continents

Zharakov
01-25-2005, 03:39
Ahh, I see. But the question is. How could you make it so that what you do on one map effects the others?

BassV2
01-25-2005, 07:30
it won't work for one reason:

the lag the map produces

in RTR, tyey added a little bit of more east, and the game had sucha bad lag, even on the first turn, factions took like 5 - 10 seconds each to think.

Monkwarrior
01-25-2005, 12:29
I find one more important problem.
The same factions will appear in all the maps.
There is no way, for the moment (waiting for the patch), to include more than 20 factions and they are common for all the maps.
Would it be interesting a campaign with only 4 factions (x5 continents = 20)? I don't know.
Cheers.

Zharakov
01-25-2005, 22:18
In other words you can only put all the factions on all the maps...

Well that sucks...

And as for AI lagg, my game usualy takes about 5-10 seconds for the AI to think. Come on its AI, of corse its dum and slow. ~D

ShadowStriker
01-27-2005, 01:38
hmmmm well we could just try to do another continent i mean its boring seeing that most mods has something to do with Europe.....

Zharakov
01-28-2005, 02:15
Russia total war *tomatos fly at his head*

Ok never mind ~D

Another continent would be cool. Perhaps like a modern Shogun Total war...

Or Americas Total war.... (Aztec, Maya, Incia...)

eadingas
01-28-2005, 12:08
Civilization Total War :) One big map, factions:

Europe (Roman):
- England
- France
- Spain
- Germany

Russia (Egyptian)

Asia (Greek):
- India
- Mongols
- China
- Japan

Africa+Middle East (Barbarian):
- Turkey
- Persia
- Arabs
- Ghana
- Zimbabwe
- Zulu

South America (Carthage):
- Incas
- Tupi

North America (Eastern):
- Iroquois
- Sioux
- Aztec

:)

Paul Peru
01-28-2005, 12:30
Russia total war Actually, given a good starting time, that would be very interesting. The russian factions are among my favourites in MTW/mods.

*tomatos fly at his head*
I get that a lot ~;)

Kaiser of Arabia
01-28-2005, 17:47
Check ACTW for an American mod, check out forums at
www.stratcommandcenter.com

Zharakov
01-28-2005, 21:34
Being Russian in a world that still dosnt like us is hard...

which is why we invented Vodka ~D ~:cheers:

A civilization total war would be odd because the Aztecs and the Romans were not from the same time period...

eadingas
01-28-2005, 21:55
But it doesn't have any Romans...

Zharakov
01-29-2005, 07:32
.... O well then Im a compleate moron... ~D

I was confused by the Europe (Roman) thing...

Any thing you feel like doing is fine with me.