PDA

View Full Version : britain total war

kingwill
01-27-2005, 15:36
I'm new to modding, and I don't know if this has been thought of already, but a mod of the roman invasion of Britain would be very cool in my opinion. Have the Romans start off in southern England with some large advanced armies but not much infrastructure to replenish lost forces. Maybe give them 2 barbarian factions that start as protectorates. Have the senate type faction as a barbarian druidic council. I don’t know if this is possible but if the "senate" could be modded so that it gave loads of missions to its allies (is there a limit to the number of factions ruled by the senate?) making senate rating rise and fall very quickly. Also give them more than one realm and if it is possible change their personality into despotic overlords who would invade enemy provinces themselves if the option arises.

One problem is that I don’t know that much about this time period and all the British tribes will be pretty similar.

I have almost finished the map, although I don’t know if it will work (i used bitmap to create it ~:confused: )

Some faction ideas:
ROMANS-good navy, large starting armies, very rich situated somewhere on the south coast.
TRINOVANTES-will probably stat as a protectorate of the Romans. Situated in Essex
CATEVELLAUNI-start as an enemy of the Trinovantes. Situated north of the Thames around Buckinghamshire
SEGONTIACI (DRUIDIC COUNCIL)-"senate" faction. Situated on Anglesey Island
ICENI-enemies of the Romans. Situated in Norfolk
ATREBATES-allies of the Romans. Situated in Wiltshire and Hampshire
BELGAE-protectorates of the Romans. Situated on the south coast
CALEDOINIAN PICTS-situated in north western Scotland
VOTADINI PICTS-situated in south eastern Scotland.
BRIGANTES-quite powerful. Situated in north east England*
CARVETII-enemies of the Picts. Located in Carlisle and Cumbria.
CORIELTAUVI-rich but militarily insuperior. Situated in Leicester*
SILURES-fought against the Romans fiercely. Situated in south Wales*
DUMNONII-situated in Cornwall*
DECEANGI-strong military. Situated in north Wales*

*represents the faction being atatched to the "senate"

The map so far is Scotland Wales and England. I dont think that i will include Ireland.

i have no idea how to edit models so if anyone whas interested in helping me :help: i would be very grateful.

Myrddraal
01-27-2005, 16:50
I like the idea a lot. It would be great to see a mod like this.

A couple of points:
1. The limit to the number of factions the Senate can influence is three.
2. A faction cannot begin as a protectorate as far as I know.

You could 'get rid of' the senate, but placing them in the middle of dense forest, and have a script which kills them off as soon as the game starts.

dclare4
01-28-2005, 05:21
Actually tried doing this before and I added a truckload of new locations to the British isles of the original map - problem is it hugely off-balances the rest of the map - unless you're doing just the british isles (which would be cool too - and you can probably get help from King Malcolm who is working on a Jacobite Rising mod) - so if it's just Britain then that would be nice and best of luck to you :-)

Cheers,
Clare

kingwill
01-28-2005, 10:59
its just a map of england scotland and wales like the one from viking tw

Myrddraal
01-28-2005, 13:56
That would be great. Pls do it, I don't have time to help u, but if you have any modding questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Levite
02-18-2005, 04:46
I would be willing to help set up a website and forums for this mod. I have a passion for Brittish history, even though I am a Texan! (Go Mavs!) If you haven't checked this thread in a while I'll send you an e-mail. (I'll be sending you one anyways. Muhahahaha! ~:cool: )

kingwill
02-21-2005, 16:49
I haven't really done enough for a website yet but thanks for the offer. I've been busy with exams and my computer screwed up so i lost the camp map.
I can't be bothered to start the map all over again so I've started on the text files once i've got something thats worth showing I shall get in touch

mounted head hurlers as a generals unit for the Epidii Picts how cool would that be?

The Romans make a Desert and they call it peace. - Calgacus

kingwill
02-21-2005, 16:50
I haven't really done enough for a website yet but thanks for the offer. I've been busy with exams and my computer screwed up so i lost the camp map.
I can't be bothered to start the map all over again so I've started on the text files once i've got something thats worth showing I shall get in touch

mounted head hurlers as a generals unit for the Epidii Picts, how cool would that be?

The Romans make a Desert and they call it peace. - Calgacus

Levite
02-22-2005, 01:51
Too cool. feel free to e-mail me anytime with anything, and i'll get pics up or what not. This is an awesome idea. I can't wait to help or to play.

Levite
02-22-2005, 01:53
oh, btw...good luck with exams. (levite@thebible.com) or (levite28@yahoo.com)

Myrddraal
03-03-2005, 13:42
By the way guys, a while ago I worked on a map of britain based on the maps in the Worlords series by bernard cornwall sp?

It doesn't have any features, its just an outline of britain half or ireland and a bit of france with regions. Do you want it?

kingwill
03-23-2005, 12:12
i havent really done anything for ages becasue i dont have much free time but the map would be a great help, does it have the towns done?

Captain-Tiguris
03-23-2005, 22:25
here is another thread on twcenter with the same idea, you guys should hook up

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25452

khelvan
03-26-2005, 08:08
Some of our EB members were planning on working on an Iron Age Britain mod once we're further along in the EB process. Is your effort still ongoing?

Myrddraal
03-27-2005, 00:01
Well my map isn't 100% done, but I wouldn't take much to finish it...

lanky316
03-27-2005, 12:49
One idea would be for the map to have just one province/maybe two in Northern Gaul on the map. That way the romans have to actually invade rathere then already having some sort of base.