PDA

View Full Version : Contributors to Pike & Musket

Ignoramus
01-28-2005, 03:57
I am actually helping eith historical facts for Citadel: Total War, but I can help you too, if you want. I am curious about Pike and MUsket. It sounds very interesting. I think that although they almost cover the same time period, it looks like the two different mods will be GREAT, and each mod will have its own character and feel. I like the Detail with the factions, I think you are doing a great job! And if you would like me to help with historical facts, province allocations, or unit names, just send me a Private Message.
I would like somebody just to give me the bare facts and other main points of the mod. I hope it goes well, and Good Luck on the Mod.

SwordsMaster
01-28-2005, 14:19
Thanks m8!

Could you post info about tradable resources in Italy, if you have any.

Ignoramus
01-28-2005, 21:07
Thanks m8!

Could you post info about tradable resources in Italy, if you have any.

Sure!

Oh, I heard this mod was workable for both MTW and RTW. Is that true?

SwordsMaster
01-28-2005, 21:33
Oh, I heard this mod was workable for both MTW and RTW. Is that true?

Well, technically. The MTW version is in its testing stage right now. The RTW, well, we´ll get there.

Lord Havelock Vetinari
01-29-2005, 12:42
Hello everyone.

I think this mod looks very promising an i am looking forward to the 1,0 release. If you need any info about the swedish army for the mod you can ask me, I can probably dig it up somewhere (I am a member of a swedish history forum where a lot of the members are professional historians).

Good luck with the mod! ~:cheers:

cegorach
01-31-2005, 09:43
Swedish historians you say...
All right, I need more historical heroes for the MTW edition - up to 30 per factions - so if you have any ideas present them.
If you played the MTW you know what stats I need.
One note - command - from 1 to 7 and 7 is for legendary commanders only. ~;)

Eastside Character
02-04-2005, 21:44
Swedish historians you say...
All right, I need more historical heroes for the MTW edition - up to 30 per factions - so if you have any ideas present them.
If you played the MTW you know what stats I need.
One note - command - from 1 to 7 and 7 is for legendary commanders only. ~;)

Why not then to change this thread into a historical database of the mod as well as a place for those who would like to help with some particular faction(s) on historical part?
There are, as it appears to me, many people who would make some contributions as historians. What do you think Tom?

Regards
EC

cegorach
02-06-2005, 10:36
Why not then to change this thread into a historical database of the mod as well as a place for those who would like to help with some particular faction(s) on historical part?
There are, as it appears to me, many people who would make some contributions as historians. What do you think Tom?

Regards
EC

Very good idea. ~:cheers:

Eastside Character
02-06-2005, 11:22
So it's done. This from now is the thread for any people out there who wish to help us in this way or another. There is quite some work to be done concerning history. :book:

Regads
EC

Ignoramus
02-07-2005, 07:12
Could you please give me a list of the provinces in Northern Italy, so I can group the resouces according to their respective territories?

Thanks.

Eastside Character
02-07-2005, 09:45
Visit this thread. (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=42485)

Regards
EC

Ignoramus
02-09-2005, 22:27
Thanks!

Lord Havelock Vetinari
02-10-2005, 16:13
Here are some suggestions for swedish generals' stats. I'll also post them on the skalman history forum to see what they think. If they think the stats are totally wrong I'll change them.

Note: many of the generals have very high stats, especially in command. This is historically accurate and shouls be balanced by giving sweden low income and few troops (if the generals are used in the campaign).

Karl Gustav Wrangel (1613-1676)
Swedish Commander during the 30 years war and the wars against Denmark 1644-1660. Commanded the swedish army that invaded Brandenburg in 1674.

Suggestions for stats
Loyalty: 7 (all swedish generals during the 1600s should have very high loyalty)
Piety: Whatever you consider to be the average
Dread: 4 or 5
Command: 3
Acumen: Average

Johan Banér (1596-1641)
Swedish Commander during the 30-years war. Saved the Swedish army from being driven out of Germany after Nördlingen. Superb commander, but he was often drunk and discipline was low among his troops (many atrocities were comitted agains civilians).

Loyalty: 7
Piety: 1 or 2
Dread: 6, or possibly even 7
Command: 5

Lennart Torstenson (1603-1651)
Took part in the war agains Poland in the 1620s. Became commander of the forces in germany after the death of Banér in 1641. Retired in 1645 because of his bad healt.

Piety: Average
Command: 6

King Karl IX (1550-1611, ruler 1599-1611)
A worthles military commander, but a very good administrator. Wanted to introduce laws based on the Ten Commandments. Executed many of his political enemies (those loyal to king Sigismund) after becoming king. Was perhaps slightly insane towards the end of his life.

Piety: 6
Dread: 5
Command: 1
Acumen: 6

King Gustav II Adolf (1594-1632, king 1611-1632)
Excellent commander. Good administrator. Very religious. Tried to prevent his troops from exessive looting and killing of civilians.

Piety: 6
Dread: 3
Command: 7
Acumen: 4

Gustav Horn (1592-1657)
Fairly good commander. Won many battles against Poland and Russia, but lost at Nördlingen in 1634. Commanded the army invading Skåne in 1644.

Command: 3
Acumen: Average.

King Karl X Gustav (1622-1660, king 1654-1660)
Fought in the 30 years war. Succeded his cousin Queen Kristina wgen she decided to turn catholic and leave Sweden. Fought wars against all of Sweden’s neighbours plus Austra and the Netherlands. Firly good commander, but he didn’t use any particularly advanced tactics, if you compare him to Banér, Gustav II Adolf or Torstenson. His forces comitted serious attrocities in Poland.

Dread: 5
Command: 4

King Karl XI (1655-1697, king 1660-1697)
Was very young and inexperienced when he became king. After the initial disasters in the war against Denmark, Brandenburg, etc, in the 1670s he reformed the army and managed to defeat Denmark. He also improved the finances of the realm by confiscating land and property from the nobility. Troops under his command fought a bitter war agains guerilla forces in skåne during the war, which made the civilians suffer greatly.

Piety: 4 or 5
Dread: 4
Command: 4
Acumen: 4

cegorach
02-13-2005, 12:58
It is a very good hero list.

Some notes - famous kings will get +2 command because they cannot get office titles increasing it further.

It would be nice if you could propose one virtue/vice for every one of them - the full list is ( MTW) in MTW/Loc/Eng changes and events txt files. Only one - so choose carefully.

So we have 4 heroes for Sweden(Wrangel,Banér,Torstenson and Horn - kings do not use any entry) - there are still 26 entries free !!!

For Poland I have used them all, but had more than 60 good candidates..

Please add as many as possible including anti-heroes, bishops, assassins, spies, admirals ( will fight as generals on the ground) and emissaries, but generals are preferred ones.

My ultimate goal is to have 30 historical heroes for every faction - now I have only 30 for Poland, 9 for Spain, 3 for HRE, 2 for England, 1 for Moldavia, 1 for Ireland, 3-5 for Rebels and I NEED MORE - portraits can be added for them if I get them in colour, so please find them if possible.

Regards Cegorach

Ignoramus
02-15-2005, 02:27
So this is the one for Medieval? It looks good so far. How is the Rome one going?

cegorach
02-15-2005, 10:17
Well, but it is much more complicated project. :book:

wilpuri
02-15-2005, 17:43
It is a very good hero list.

Some notes - famous kings will get +2 command because they cannot get office titles increasing it further.

It would be nice if you could propose one virtue/vice for every one of them - the full list is ( MTW) in MTW/Loc/Eng changes and events txt files. Only one - so choose carefully.

So we have 4 heroes for Sweden(Wrangel,Banér,Torstenson and Horn - kings do not use any entry) - there are still 26 entries free !!!

For Poland I have used them all, but had more than 60 good candidates..

Please add as many as possible including anti-heroes, bishops, assassins, spies, admirals ( will fight as generals on the ground) and emissaries, but generals are preferred ones.

My ultimate goal is to have 30 historical heroes for every faction - now I have only 30 for Poland, 9 for Spain, 3 for HRE, 2 for England, 1 for Moldavia, 1 for Ireland, 3-5 for Rebels and I NEED MORE - portraits can be added for them if I get them in colour, so please find them if possible.

Regards Cegorach

I proposed Torsten Ståhlhandske(1594-1644) to be a Swedish hero for the mod ages ago. He was the commander of the Hackapels and was nicknamed "The King's Snow plough". He was important in the battles of Lützen and Breitenfeld, and took part in almost every important Swedish battle of the 30 year war.

I don't know what stats I would give him, perhaps
3 command
average piety
average acumen
high dread
high loyalty

cegorach
02-16-2005, 13:02
Too late for now, but I will add him later. ~;)

Lord Havelock Vetinari
02-19-2005, 12:50
Here is a list of all swedish Field Marshals from the late 16th century to 1824. Unfortunately there is not much info about each commander, but i'll try to find some more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Swedish_Field_Marshals

And in swedish (with birth and death years)

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_%F6ver_svenska_f%E4ltmarskalkar

Ignoramus
02-21-2005, 03:41
Need any historical heros? I can provide plenty, just specify which factions.

cegorach
02-23-2005, 13:03
The full list can be seen in XVI-XVII thread - all except Poland. ~;)

ParthianWarrior
02-24-2005, 02:10
Cegorach, Did you get my email?

cegorach
02-24-2005, 12:15
Cegorach, Did you get my email?

Yes,but I am in Derry and I am unable to send anything for now,even though
I have everything ready. :help:

Snjorri_Bevlarson
02-24-2005, 21:33
Just out of curiousity dude, when will the pike and musket mod for mtw be out? I love the idea, but with rome total war out, are you going to scrap the mtw pike and musket version?

SwordsMaster
02-25-2005, 05:09
Just out of curiousity dude, when will the pike and musket mod for mtw be out? I love the idea, but with rome total war out, are you going to scrap the mtw pike and musket version?

No. The MTW version is in the testing phase and as soon as cegorach manages to email the testers the final version, and we test it, it will be available.

Maybe a week or 10 days. (cross fingers) ~;)

cegorach
02-28-2005, 10:49
Not possible Swordmaster. Currently I have no broadband connection to the web ( not yet), so without some help from 'the natives' I won't send anything to test ~:confused:

Lonely Soldier
03-16-2005, 11:07
Hi all!

Another great looking mod from an incredibly skilled community!!

I only hope my humble efforts will come close!

I have recently started a mod ( https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=717652 ) with the aim of adding considerably to the size and realism of the cities in ROme Total War. After recieving much valued support from your own Swordsmaster, the mod is starting to look more possible every day. As this mod is quite unspecific in its application, I believe it has a lot of potential for other mods not based in the original era. If applied to Pike & Musket, just imagine the sprawling cities you could recreate!

That said, I leave you to post on the thread with ideas/comments if you wish. If not simply ignore this post...

Yours'

Lonely Soldier

PS - Thanks again Swordsmaster for your continued interest!

Inal_the_Great
02-17-2006, 04:14
Sounds intresting good luck with your mod friend! ~:cheers: