PDA

View Full Version : Devastatin Dave

TosaInu
02-03-2005, 17:30
I guess I won't be allowed to post or view the Watchtower along with my perminant expulsion from the Backroom now!!!

From this statement and some others, I'm believing you would like to regain those Backroom posting privileges? Is that right Devastatin Dave?

Devastatin Dave
02-03-2005, 18:20
No sir, I would just like to read some of the threads that I've been involved with back over the years or read the reactions of certain events in the news. I don't want or deserve poting priviledges because I cannot keep my self from calling people out, usually in an unacceptable way, whe I see posts that call for the death of myself, coworkers, and fellow citizens. I want to read the backroom just to remind me of why I should be thankful that I live where I live and believe in what I believe. With posts that BP posted, it reassures me on my beliefs. Tosa, sorry that I called BP and asshole, its just hard to keep it civil when you read thigs like that.

I miss my friends back there both on the right and the left. Yes, I'm a political animal and very passionate so it would be best that I'm not allowed to post, but I still would like to read my old posts and the responses as well.

TosaInu
02-03-2005, 20:05
Hello Devastatin Dave,

Do you want to continue this conversation in public or will you send me a PM?

Devastatin Dave
02-03-2005, 20:33
I don't mind if its public. I'd prefer to have it in public so that everyone can see what actions are taken involving my violations or give others a better understanding on policies within the Org. Again, I'm asking for reading priviladges, if possible. I believe it would be detrimental to the community if you allowed me posting privelages in the backroom with my history of violations. Maybe further down the road but not at this time judging from my reaction to BP posts. But then again, you may not think I deserve read priveladges either. If thats the case I would also like for the reasoning to be public as a inside look on the administration of this forum. Thanks for your responses.

TosaInu
02-10-2005, 12:27
Hello Devastatin Dave,

Sorry it took so long to repond to you here.

Your suggestion of limited access to the Tavern Backroom has merit, so Org staff and I looked into ways to accomplish it, but found none that do exactly what you request.

You and I and staff agree that our primary focus must be the overall good of these forums. So we conclude that, at this time, things must stay as they are. I hope you are not too disappointed in this result.

Please note that I appreciate your candour in your posts above and the good interaction you display in the discussions.

Devastatin Dave
02-10-2005, 15:33
Hello Devastatin Dave,

Sorry it took so long to repond to you here.

Your suggestion of limited access to the Tavern Backroom has merit, so Org staff and I looked into ways to accomplish it, but found none that do exactly what you request.

You and I and staff agree that our primary focus must be the overall good of these forums. So we conclude that, at this time, things must stay as they are. I hope you are not too disappointed in this result.

Please note that I appreciate your candour in your posts above and the good interaction you display in the discussions.

Thank you Tosa for your consideration and those of the mods. I would have liked to have been able to read the Backroom, but if it meant giving back posting privilidges, then my situation should stay the same. I'm out of the Air Force at the end of April, maybe then I will be more removed from and less abrassive when it come to my posting style. I too believe in the good of the forums and the professional manner in which they are run. I'll do my best to eventually earn my way back into the good graces of those appointed by being a good citizen in this community. Thank you for the time spent discussing my issue.

Dave

~:)

Mount Suribachi
02-10-2005, 16:48
I'm out of the Air Force at the end of April,

Say it ain't so Dave? I was really hoping you'd get yourself a posting to the UK so I could take you to a game of cricket ~:cheers:

Anyway, I would like to just applaud you for your attitude, you kinda remind me of an alcoholic who knows he must never again step foot in a pub because, well y'know....

And you've always accepted your bans and acknowledged that you deserved them, as well as giving advice to others who have got themselves on the wrong side of the law. Too bad its not possible to give yourself viewing rights in the backroom. Kinda ironic as I've been mulling over asking the mods to give me a ban from there as I find it hard to keep out, but the place winds me up no end. Its kinda like a car wreck to me, horrible to look at, but I can't avert my gaze ~D

Devastatin Dave
02-10-2005, 17:26
Say it ain't so Dave? I was really hoping you'd get yourself a posting to the UK so I could take you to a game of cricket ~:cheers:

Anyway, I would like to just applaud you for your attitude, you kinda remind me of an alcoholic who knows he must never again step foot in a pub because, well y'know....

And you've always accepted your bans and acknowledged that you deserved them, as well as giving advice to others who have got themselves on the wrong side of the law. Too bad its not possible to give yourself viewing rights in the backroom. Kinda ironic as I've been mulling over asking the mods to give me a ban from there as I find it hard to keep out, but the place winds me up no end. Its kinda like a car wreck to me, horrible to look at, but I can't avert my gaze ~D

Thanks. Maybe one day the wife, kids, and i can take a family vacation. I've always wanted to visit England and other parts of the UK. Also I'd love to meet all of the Org members over there. The Backroom, even though many times a "car wreck" does have its uses, I just get too passionate and angry in it. I wouldn't ask for a ban MT, just take some time off. I wish that I had just taken a couple of breathers now and then when things would get hot in there. But one thing I'm thankful for is having my bans and warnings issued openly by the mods and from Tosa and the fact they give us this forum to discuss them. The fact that the mods here allow members to openly criticize them at times without perminant bannings is non existant in other forums. I'm starting to realize it more and more. With that said, there is particular mod that I've been very unpleasant too. I will send him a PM within the next few days requesting his forgiveness for being over the line for some of my criticisms even though I feel that some of my criticisms were just. But I'm sure that the person in question and i can find some common ground. Recently i decided that I would try to understand people and respect thier beliefs. Life is just too short to constantly fight over mondane issues that most have no control over.

Mount Suribachi, its good to hear from you my friend and please come visit me in the front room where the beer is just as cold (or warm, YUCK!!!, to suit the Brit's pallet!!!) and company is just as entertaining!!! Thanks again...

Ser Clegane
02-10-2005, 18:49
*bows in Dave's direction* :bow:

You have my deepest respect for the statements you make here, Dave.

The_Emperor
02-10-2005, 20:10
I must admit I echo your sentiments Dave. :bow:

At this moment I am currently trying to take a voluntary break from the Backroom, trying to keep myself from getting drawn into spending too much time in there. It is difficult, but I don't like the way the backroom effects me either.

As MS has said, the Backroom has a tendancy to suck us in, and can wind people up no end... This has been true of me as well in the past and I have made some posts in the heat of the moment that I am not proud of.

Life is just too short to constantly fight over mondane issues that most have no control over.

Very true, and its always the same issues that come back again and again.

Mount Suribachi
02-10-2005, 20:24
where the beer is just as cold (or warm, YUCK!!!, to suit the Brit's pallet!!!) and company is just as entertaining!!!

Listen mate, that whole thing about British beer being warm is a myth propogated by Aussies and Yanks. We like our beer cold, but not the temperature of liquid nitrogen like you guys! I've lived in the states and I've seen how cold you really like your drinks. In Britain, if pouring yourself a glass of pop you might put a couple of ice-cubes in there. You yanks fill the whole damn glass with ice-cubes before theres even any drink in there!

And anyway, to paraphrase Samuel L Jackson, my wifes a teetotaller, which pretty much makes me a teetotaller ~:cheers:

So what are your plans when you get out the USAF? Are you joining the reserve or ANG? If not, can GWB still get his paws on you when you've left and send you somewhere warm and sandy?

Devastatin Dave
02-10-2005, 22:04
So what are your plans when you get out the USAF? Are you joining the reserve or ANG? If not, can GWB still get his paws on you when you've left and send you somewhere warm and sandy?

I'll probably still be working for the Evil Empire in some fashion, you know, stealing oil from distant lands and making sure all third world countries get addicted to McDonald's and stuff!!! ~:cheers:

I'll probably get a job using my clearance and comm skills somewhere in the DOD. I'm not going into the Guard or Reserve, I'm just going to turn the page. In fact, part of my out processing, I have to go see the Guard today in about 30 minutes, so I have to take off here soon.

If i ever get to England, we'll take the Chunnel over to France and get a Royal with cheese just before we get medieval on someone's ass!!!

Mount Suribachi
02-10-2005, 23:29
So's that mean you'll be moving to Washington?

If i ever get to England, we'll take the Chunnel over to France and get a Royal with cheese just before we get medieval on someone's ass!!!

I think its actually Holland - we can get some Mayonaisse on our fries too and get Fragony to show us the sights ~:) As for getting medieval on some asses, I believe there is a torture museum in Amsterdam that has examples of that exactly! ~:eek:

JAG
02-11-2005, 02:57
I'll probably still be working for the Evil Empire in some fashion, you know, stealing oil from distant lands and making sure all third world countries get addicted to McDonald's and stuff!!!

lol, Dave you havent lost you touch. ~D

Keep up the posting and you shall be back with us in no time mate.

~:cheers:

Devastatin Dave
02-11-2005, 03:25
LOL!!! Thanks JAG, Go Sox!!!

Tosa again thank you for your time and a special thank you to the moderators that took the time to consider my situation. This thread has served its purpose I believe, so everyone please join me in the front room for drinks and an in depth discussion on how I plan own earning a degree in engineering through osmossis (inside joke found somewhere in the Frontroom!!!)
~:cheers:

Gawain of Orkeny
02-11-2005, 04:53
Damn I miss you Dave. You were our conservative rock. Never afraid to speak his mind. No one made me laff half as much as you. You are the Don Rickels of conservatism.

LittleGrizzly
02-11-2005, 05:09
One of the funniest of the backroom, hope you can join us in the backroom soon, so behave! ;)

The_Emperor
02-11-2005, 10:44

Ahh yes that great English tradition of chevauchee... Brought into the modern world by our football fans and pub crawls. ~;)

Pindar
02-18-2005, 08:22
"In the bleak midwinter Frosty wind made moan, Earth stood hard as iron, Water like a stone; Snow had fallen, snow on snow, Snow on snow, In the bleak midwinter, Long ago. "

God speed Dave!