PDA

View Full Version : Damn The New Patch To Hell!

Wishazu
02-05-2005, 14:04
since downloading this patch i cant play multiplayer, i can hardly connect to any games and if i do somehow manage to i get dropped once the battle starts to load up! same thing if try to host a game!!!!!! any ideas. hundreds of other people seem to be playing perfectly.

Tomisama
02-05-2005, 16:02
Is it possible that variations in Preferences between multiplayers could possibly create connect problems, or eventually cause desync drops?

:worried:

cromwell
02-05-2005, 16:49
I also am having touble all morning. I have hosted twice and both times it's dropping the other player and disconnecting me from GS. I havn't had a successful MP game yet. I did set my preferences to min UI and keep logfiles but thats all. The playabil;ity of the patch seems ok but the MP is suffering again.

Cromwell

CBR
02-05-2005, 17:24
I think most problems are caused by GameSpy and not the patch. I have no idea what they are up to but they definitely need to fix their problems.

CBR

Lonewarrior
02-05-2005, 18:10
I haven't been able to connect to any games at all, but I have yet to try mp with 1.2 patch

cromwell
02-05-2005, 18:15
I wonder if any ports have changed, and they didn't tell us. It would make sense, the way the disconnects seem to be happening. If it is a port issue, could we be more neglected...

Cromwell

CrackedAxe
02-06-2005, 12:45
Hmmm, is it really that bad? I've stayed away from the abysmal MP side of the game and I was hoping the patch would rectify things. So I take it that it aint worth coming back yet? Anybody still playing MTW MP? I might just re-install that if RTW MP is no better.

CBR
02-06-2005, 13:02
There are still lots of people playing MTW. And several of us playing Samurai Wars mod ~:)

CBR

Jochi Khan
02-06-2005, 14:18
Yep

Samurai Wars is even more fun. Nice to see 3v3 and 4v4 battles being played.

Jochi

CrackedAxe
02-06-2005, 15:30
Does any kind soul have a link for the Samurai Wars mod?

Sid_Quibley
02-06-2005, 17:26
You can get samwars mod

HERE (http://www.totalwargames.info/)

Sunday nights usually busy.

anglobro1
02-07-2005, 00:10
i have just loaded the new patch i can cannect but know the game frezes is it the patch or have a problem with my system any help would be greatly recieved

LuminousSun
02-07-2005, 08:13
man grrrrrrrrrr :furious3:
i click to enter name.
a white arrow turns up.
I am stuck in a evil never ending loop of the entry music.
the usual golden arrow is stuck.
But the white arrow can only be seen in the center box.
I have installed it twice now and i am getting rather mad :furious3:

:help: me please :embarassed:

If i can't fix this.
i will burn the CA building to the ground and as the employees flee.
I will attack with my lancers and drive them into the ground. :charge:
Now fix it fast or you all DIE!!!!! ~;) MUAMUAMUAMUAMUA**cough*mua :dizzy2:

p.s. samurai mod players get ready for some lumi loving ~:cool: i will now use my rome disks as ashtrays or novelty earings. ~:)

L'Impresario
02-07-2005, 11:17
That white arrow is the normal windows pointer that you probably have learned to love and appreciate ~;) Meaning that probably you have a firewall and it asks whether you want to allow the program to connect to the internet or not.So you should have been dropped to the windows to configure the firewall, but ,as I have also experienced, this isn't the case...actually you might as well declare the game frozen, as I haven't found yet how to avoid staring at the log-on screen and the white pointer dancing around.
But ofcourse you can configure the firewall before loading the game and save yourself some trouble ~:)

CBR
02-07-2005, 13:06
Yes I experienced the firewall freeze too. There are two things I can do to unfreeze it: either use Rome in window mode (add -ne to shortcut) or hit Alt F4 several times.

CBR

Jochi Khan
02-07-2005, 16:21
Zone Alarm is notorious for causing this to happen.
I have experienced it a few times.
I normally reboot the pc to get it sorted or set ZA to allow it to access the internet.

Jochi

LuminousSun
02-08-2005, 01:54
OK i will try it.
thnx for the help ~:)

I have norton 5.
I have gone to firewall options and then exceptions.
i have added it to programs and ticked it.
so it should be allowed?

I have assembled my archers and 2 onagers (switched to fire on).
lancers are on the way and then.
CHAAAAAAAARGEEE!!!!! :charge: :charge: :duel:
BURN HAHAHAMUAMUMAMUAMUAMUAMUA

Wishazu
02-08-2005, 02:01
ive not been in the multiplay lobbies since my abysmal attempts to play after getting the patch. has anything been done to rectify the problems with this demonic patch yet?

tootee
02-08-2005, 06:00
no problem playing with patch v1.2, game is now more fun.

Boudicca
02-08-2005, 17:49
About Multiplayer: I tried to connect to multiplayer games about 20 times yesterday..it just wouldn`t work. We got through the setup menus, but everytime the battle should have started nothing happend or connection was aborted....very strange though....

LuminousSun
02-08-2005, 20:20
~:)
I had to allow always not just once ~D
~:cheers: you was right.
CA can live for now.
its time to see if its any good ~:confused:

Wishazu
02-08-2005, 20:56
~:)
I had to allow always not just once ~D
~:cheers: you was right.
CA can live for now.
its time to see if its any good ~:confused:

eh? what the hell you talking about? :dizzy2:

Turbo
02-08-2005, 22:41
I think most problems are caused by GameSpy and not the patch. I have no idea what they are up to but they definitely need to fix their problems.

CBR

CBR,

I regularly play other games on Gamespy and never do I have the problems that I seem to have with Rome Total War. It is an exercise of futility trying to play RTW even with the 1.2 patch.

CBR
02-08-2005, 22:54
Yes I know other games work fine. But the same problems were seen while we tested the patch. Some days it worked fine and other days we simply had to give up.

That of course doesnt mean the patch is free of error but from what I have seen and heard from others, GameSpy seems to be the cause.

CBR

Jochi Khan
02-09-2005, 00:45
eh? what the hell you talking about? :dizzy2:

Setting his firewall to allow RTW access to the internet.

I would advise setting the firewall back as it was when you are not playing online.

Jochi

Puzz3D
02-09-2005, 01:37
MTW multiplayer is a lot more stable for me than RTW, and they both use GameSpy. If RTW is less tolerant of server performance than MTW, CA has to run the game from a better server or make RTW more tolerant of GameSpy's typical performance. Also, RTW should return the players to the foyer if the host drops. That's something RTW has to handle because GameSpy offers no server side support.

strontiumdog
02-10-2005, 02:10
ive been having the same problem since new patch,multiplayer worked fine before ,once i added the correct ports.i get the message gamespy connection lost.i think they must have reconfigured there ports. gamespy are damn incompetent ,wonder how they can run a buissness

LuminousSun
02-10-2005, 10:19
oK jochi
thnx for the help.
I find all the mizu clan as helpfull,polite and can kick ar@e too.
I hope to see you around for a 1v1 sometime. :duel:

Tempiic
02-10-2005, 19:49
hehehe funny how things go sometimes...

With 1.2 I suddenly discovered I could actually host games, something I could not do in MTW (since gaining a router) and 1.1. Not that I am suited for hosting though ;)

Glad things got solved for you Lumi

Wishazu
02-10-2005, 21:05
so has anything been done yet to address this issue. ive not seen anything from the CA guys on these forums about this problem. very frustrating, i have not been able to play a single online game since downloading this new patch last week!!!!!!!

Wishazu
02-10-2005, 22:35
ive tried playing online tonite and was completely unable to play any games in the friendly lobby. however when i tried the competive lobby everything worked fine, this isnt that great as there is hardly ever anyone in the comp lobby to actually play against. im slightly less frustrated now than i was yesterday.

strontiumdog
02-11-2005, 00:44
solved my problem by entering all the correct ports again in xp firewall
6667 irc
3783 voice chat port
27900 master server udp heartbeat
28900 master server list request
29900 gp connection manager
29901 custom udp pings
6515 dplay udp
6500 query port
27750 rome game port udp

dont forget to put udp or tcp when adding ports in your firewall exceptions.this might solve your problem

Puzz3D
02-11-2005, 01:16
GameSpy lists 13139 as the (Custom UDP Pings), and 29901 as the (GP Search Manager). I also have 26220 open, but I don't know it's function.

strontiumdog
02-11-2005, 13:15
your right ,they supplied me with wrong info,idiots

Beefy
02-12-2005, 21:20
Hello ppl! hello wishazu! its ReapeR

anyway, i just bought RTW on Friday and got the new patch that everyone is raving about!

when i try to play MP it just gets stuck on the screen where you confirm your playing name! and the windows arrow is visable , put i cant click or select anything!
whats going on! please help!
PLEASE, Prettty please ~:cheers:

Jochi Khan
02-12-2005, 23:23
Have you got a firewall blocking the game?

If the arrow is stuck, next screen wont load, try allowing the game access through your firewall.

Jochi

Wishazu
02-13-2005, 03:55
hey reaper, welcome to the .org. ive seen your post on the clan forums about your first match so im assuming jochi`s advice worked ~:)

LittleGrizzly
02-13-2005, 04:34
sorry for being very off topic here guys, Wishazu were you MajesticWishazu back in the good ol' days ?

Tomisama
02-13-2005, 16:49
Of the Majestic Ryouko?

Sorry off topic also :book:

Beefy
02-14-2005, 14:15
Yeh i got it working now wishazu. All i had to do was when it got stuck press ALt F4 to close the window, then tell the fire wall to let it connect, then start up the game again! im such a brilliant computer expert! ~D