PDA

View Full Version : I can't see my...

AggonyKing
02-05-2005, 18:13
Private messages. It says I have one, but when I enter it it shows me 0 in inbox and 0 outbox. Is this a problem that can be fixed?

TosaInu
02-07-2005, 11:49
Hello AggonyKing,

It's odd. When did it pop-up?

AggonyKing
02-07-2005, 17:14
I noticed it last friday when I made this topic, oh and here's a pic

http://img100.exs.cx/img100/6966/lal0zl.jpg

therother
02-09-2005, 01:22
I think this may have something to do with the board going down last week. I know that I lost two PMs that were sent during that time, and after reading this, I checked the totals reported by my account. The board is reporting that I have 2 more PMs stored in my folders than I actually have. I'm guessing that the two that went missing are the cause of this anomaly, so I think it reasonable to suspect the cause of AggonyKing's problem is similar. I can send you some details of the 2 lost PMs, if that would help find out where they are hiding in the database, assuming they are still there of course.

TosaInu
02-09-2005, 11:42
Hello,

Yes, it's related.

The back-up from a minute before the initial maintenance was put back and after that the newer topics and userinfo was inserted (new members and updated postcounts). The userinfo also stores the total amount of PM's one is supposed to have.

There's a function to restore userprofiles, but I've no idea what it does exactly, it could wreck more than it will fix. Just tell me by how much your box is off and I'll fix the value in your profile (can't do it in advance by hand for 10,000).

AggonyKing
02-09-2005, 16:49
hey Tosa is working fine now thanks *insert cheer smilie here*