PDA

View Full Version : Can someone get rid of my warbn level?

Byzantine Prince
02-06-2005, 04:35
Can an Admin out there please lower my warn level. I didn't offend anyone for a long time. I regret it and it would help me a lot to be able to edit my thoughts in my posts.

Devastatin Dave
02-06-2005, 06:22
Man, you have a short memory, thankfully other's don't. Reap what you sew....

Gregoshi
02-06-2005, 06:47
BP, edit your posts before you submit them. Use the preview button as often as necessary and proof-read your post. Once you are satisfied, only then use the submit button.

Also, if you feel your warning level is unjust, it is better to PM the moderators who issued the warnings than it is to beg for a reduction in public.

Byzantine Prince
02-06-2005, 06:59
I can't PM anyone because my message box is overfilled and i can't delete anything. Go figure.

It is unjust. I can't learn anything if you keep me so limited.

Red Harvest
02-06-2005, 07:20
Unjust? Unjust??? You really could use a reality check.

JAG
02-06-2005, 07:58
You have to take responsibility for your choices, you shouldn't have been so repeatedly aggresive and abusive - imo anyway.

Snowhobbit
02-06-2005, 12:46
Can't someone simply lock this threads or delete it? The warn level is there for a reason, and it's counter-productive to simply lower it when it's "a pain".

A.Saturnus
02-06-2005, 16:39
I can't PM anyone because my message box is overfilled and i can't delete anything. Go figure.

I cannot speak for other staff members, but feel free to email me if you need to talk to me.

Gregoshi
02-06-2005, 17:49
I take emails too.

Medieval Assassin
02-06-2005, 18:15
Wasn't it JUST lowered, like a week or two ago!?

Medieval Assassin
02-06-2005, 18:19
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=42144

Um...

:eek3:

TosaInu
02-07-2005, 11:43

That shouldn't be, I'll look at that. Could be that something is hardwired in the board: one restriction also limiting the other.

The removal of the edit function should encourage reviewing the post before submitting it. The way a post is presented is usually the very reason why people receive warnings.

Wasn't it JUST lowered, like a week or two ago!?

Yes, it was. Two points iirc. Only a few days ago it increased again.

TosaInu
02-07-2005, 20:13
Hello Byzantine_Prince,

There's a checkbox next to each PM, select it and go to the bottom of the page Selected Messages: and choose Delete.

There's also the option to delete a PM once you opened it (another checkbox).

Medieval Assassin
02-08-2005, 02:03
I would say don't lower it, many MANY of the users here have a 0 warn level, he had like 5, and then it was lowered to 3, and now it's back up to 4.
For him to learn, he must stay in the red zone...
Ithinkweshouldlockthethread.

Redleg
02-08-2005, 04:33
When you reduce his - you can also reduce mine and let Dave back into the Tavern's Backroom.

~:cheers:

Devastatin Dave
02-08-2005, 04:47
When you reduce his - you can also reduce mine and let Dave back into the Tavern's Backroom.

~:cheers:

Thanks Redleg, I just want the ability to read the Backroom more than anything.... Tosa, I agree with Medieval Assassin, this thread should get locked, it getting old listening to BP whine like a little school girl that just peed her dress.

Redleg
02-08-2005, 17:20
Thanks Redleg, I just want the ability to read the Backroom more than anything.... Tosa, I agree with Medieval Assassin, this thread should get locked, it getting old listening to BP whine like a little school girl that just peed her dress.

Not a problem Dave - if BP wants to attempt to get his status back completely - and if its granted by the moderators - then everyone must be returned to a neutral warning status - and you given access back to the tavern's back room. To do anything else would definetly create hard feelings within the community.

However I agree the thread needs to be closed - and we must suffer our punishment according to what our actions deserve. I don't mind the warn status at all right now - nor the inablity to edit - makes me think and re-read my posts before I submit - (well most of the time anyway).

It would actually be better for Byzantine_Prince to request this by PM then post it here - because its sure to get negative responses from most of the community when its discussed in public.

Kaiser of Arabia
02-08-2005, 22:34
Come on guys knock off a point on BP's warning level.
Add it to mine if yalls want. I don't care anymore anyway

TosaInu
02-08-2005, 23:03
Byzantine_Prince went from 3 to 4 only a week ago. The best way to lose warning points is to improve posting style.

Topic closed.