PDA

View Full Version : RTW Wiki - a tool for modders?

khelvan
02-07-2005, 06:43
Greetings!

If we contribute regularly to this Wiki, it can become an incredible place for modders to get information. Let's try to do so. I know I haven't been contributing as much as I can so I will try to make an effort in the future:

Edit: Link removed, as it has been hacked and links only to rape sites now. So much for a good thing.

Duke John
02-07-2005, 07:03
Looks good, but I find it a bit worrying that everybody can edit a page (or so it seems). It only takes one idiot to delete all content or transform an otherwise great guide to garbage. Perhaps only a selection of experienced modders?

QwertyMIDX
02-07-2005, 07:08
The point of a Wiki is that it's open, or least has an open registration for memebership. Wikipedia seems to work well, I don't think RomeWiki has much to worry about on that front. Although perhaps administrative back ups would be wise (I assume they're standard practice).

khelvan
02-07-2005, 07:09
Well, on the bright side, there is a restore function to remove just such vandalism.

This is the cost and benefit of the Wiki. It is open to everyone. I have seen BF1942's modding Wiki become an incredibly useful resource, much moreso than the official modding support site (which is saying a lot, because EA/Dice support modders very well, by doing such things as releasing constantly updated mod development kits, modding tutorials, and on and on), and that Wiki was open to all.

Kurtisb
02-07-2005, 23:06
I posted a page about the basic gaul units at Rome Wiki.

....Man I love playing the barbarians

Cheers!
-Kurts

Kekvit Irae
03-29-2005, 08:53
Made a correction on bribing in the Diplomacy>CommonQuestions area

Suraknar
04-05-2005, 04:46
Hello,

I maybe speaking from experience when I say that the Wiki concept does not sit well to the Traditionsl/Old School modder's mind at first.

However, a Wiki need to be given time and it just evolves by itself after that, and it can be a great Tool for Modding indeed!

In larger Modding Communities such as this one a few Guidelines maybe required but it is more than possible to make this happen, and it can surprise too :)

Live example here:

POTC Wiki (http://robotsdontbleed.com/wacko/wakka.php?wakka=POTCwiki)

Btw, the link does not seem to work for me....

~:cheers:

TheTank
04-17-2005, 19:10
A bunch of script kiddie losers has altered the RTW Wiki with crap.
http://www.kanwei.com/romewiki/

losers...............

Simetrical
04-18-2005, 03:19
Well, we can fix it now, can't we? That's the whole point of a wiki. Vandalism reverted.

-Simetrical

caesar44
07-18-2005, 20:12
I have read Ido's words , he gave you such a compliment... ~D ~D ~D ~;)