PDA

View Full Version : Byzantine Prince

Hosakawa Tito
02-09-2005, 16:53
Here is the latest example of BP's "efforts" at interpersonal relationships (he received enough warning pts. to enact the 1 day ban). https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=43281 Something that most of us have learned in kindergarten appears to be beyond your grasp. I have asked the admins to make your ban a bit more permanent.

I did not start this thread for the purpose of giving the other members an opportunity to pile on/flame BP, even though he may richly deserve it. I just want the rest of the community to know that this issue is being addressed by staff, and that this aberrant behavior will be stopped one way or another, I have made my choice known.

AggonyKing
02-09-2005, 17:12
he sure is friendly.....sarcastic talk ;)

Templar Knight
02-09-2005, 20:19
hehe ~:)

ah_dut
02-09-2005, 22:06
Nice to see something is being done about flaming

Kaiser of Arabia
02-09-2005, 23:09
*inhales slowly*
Too bad Hosa is a mod, I can get in serious trouble if I say what I am thinking right now.
So I will keep quiet.

Big King Sanctaphrax
02-09-2005, 23:27
Although Hosa did absolutely the correct thing, I can't help but find this whole Byzantine Prince situation rather depressing. He seems to mean well, but is unable to control himself.

Ah well...

Hosakawa Tito
02-10-2005, 00:04
*inhales slowly*
Too bad Hosa is a mod, I can get in serious trouble if I say what I am thinking right now.
So I will keep quiet.

Capo, spare us the theriatrics. If you have a criticism of me then the Watch Tower is the place to express it. That goes for anyone.
My mod powers are checked at the door, and no one shall be sanctioned for what they have to say about me. Personally, I have already made up my mind on the worth of your opinion, but if you wish to share it with others here so they might judge it for themselves then feel free to express it. If not, then pm me, though I believe you prefer an audience.

BKS, the most depressing part is that he doesn't think his way of interacting is wrong, at least, that is what he claims.

Adrian II
02-10-2005, 01:34
BKS, the most depressing part is that he doesn't think his way of interacting is wrong, at least, that is what he claims.Maybe TosaInu could close this thread as well as it already contains all the information we need. It really bothers me that we, including myself, have bothered him with this gentleman's issues for so long whilst TosaInu was working his Honourable backside off in the interest of the entire .org. Sorry, TosaInu.
:stwshame:

Medieval Assassin
02-10-2005, 01:42
Although what he said to that person wasn't right, the guy was trolling probably trying to scam, that in itself I wouldn't see deserving of a ban, but the behavior lately that he has been expressing, and then asking for his Warn Level lowered, twice in a week, I see this fully fitting.

It my be the only way he learns...

Kaiser of Arabia
02-10-2005, 02:01
Capo, spare us the theriatrics. If you have a criticism of me then the Watch Tower is the place to express it. That goes for anyone.
My mod powers are checked at the door, and no one shall be sanctioned for what they have to say about me. Personally, I have already made up my mind on the worth of your opinion, but if you wish to share it with others here so they might judge it for themselves then feel free to express it. If not, then pm me, though I believe you prefer an audience.
Hrm, just like PMs were the place for grievances with mod decisions, but that just degrades to personal insults doesn't it Hosa?
Well, if I can criticize you here, then I will.
I dispise you. With a passion. No matter how hard someone tries to change, you always seem to go down harder on them, no matter what. I can go on, and I will... at a later time. I'm too busy to write out a list of my criticisms as of now.

Big King Sanctaphrax
02-10-2005, 02:38
If I were you, I'd apologise to Hosa, Capo. Saying that you despise somebody-particularly Hosa, who works tirelessly to keep this community a pleasant place-no matter what grievance you may have, is quite simply below the belt. Play the ball, not the man. And take it to PM as hosa suggested, for christ's sake; I don't want to have to read this.

Hosakawa Tito
02-10-2005, 02:39
Just to show that the feeling is not mutual, I urge you to seek out and attend some Anger Management counseling. From what I have observed of your posts on this forum this type of counseling will help you to better deal with and channel your anger issues in such a way that will be more beneficial to your health and happiness.

Medieval Assassin
02-10-2005, 03:19
I love all the mods.
They work hard, and keep this place a nice enviroment.

+10 brownie points.

Medieval Assassin
02-10-2005, 03:21
I hope this doesn't blow up into something huge.
I just want to urge both sides to think twice before you post...

Devastatin Dave
02-10-2005, 03:32
Let's drop it down a notch. I believe there should be open dialog and openess when it comes to bannings, warnings, and so forth. If Tito or another Mod just banned BP or uped his warnings we'd have to see mulitple whining threads from BP and empty promises that he'd change his ways. Capo, I think that if you "dispise" Tito with a "passion" maybe you should atleast give some examples or back up evidence about what would make you so passionate about your dislike for him. For example, Saturnas and I have had our differences but I've never said i despised him because I don't know him personally. I don't like the way he mods and some of his views but I'll never win an arguement or make my point with just saying that I "despise" him. I've made a few backhanded comments about Sat but I would never say I "despised" him. I think that's very unfortunate on your part. This is the Watchtower my friend, give some examples of how Tito has wronged you. I have to say, with MUCH personal experience, he is one of the most even handed in here. But when you repeat offend, (which I have done repeatidly ~D ) then sometimes you need a good public flogging. Capo, your a good guy and I like you, but I would hope that you reconsider your greivances with a very distinguished mod, Marine, and all around good citizen that has dedicated his life to the prison system keeping us safe from criminals and attepting to rehabitate those incarserated. He has done more for our country and someone that you should respect and not scorn. not only that, he still continues to provide his service here, free at charge, after a life threatening illness. Capo, be honest with yourself my friend and be honorable and find some common ground with a most honorable man. ~:)

Kaiser of Arabia
02-10-2005, 03:36
Perhaps I did overreact, and I am sorry if I offended Hosa,
and I don't dispise Hosa, however, sometimes, it just pisses me off, in general, that when a guy like Byzantine, or even myself, that for a loss of controll once or twice, dispite a general improvement, can be punished so harshly.
Whatever, I'm not a mod here, my opinion, technically, counts for ****.
EDIT: I didn't know Hosa was an ex-marine, you learn alot about people in these situations.
Hose, for your service to America, I salute you.
EDIT AGAIN: Hrm, I may also take insults from a while back too personally... it was in a PM don't ask to see it I deleted it a while ago.
Anyway, back to the point...

Yun Dog
02-10-2005, 08:25
I dont want to add any fuel here - only to say that at least in this forum you do get to appeal or at least be heard unlike other forums where any posts that criticise the mods get deleted.

Re: BP - well all I can say is after he caused the Women of Soly to get nerfed - I thought public flailing would be too good for him, very hard to come back from that in my books - but as you say everyone deserves at least one chance. The sited post above was abrasive but certainly not the worst flame Ive seen, but clearly theres a history here I have not seen.

BURN HIM

JAG
02-10-2005, 09:16
I think it is right that BP is being dealt with as he has, it has been a long time coming imo.

Capo, why is it you turn a thread about the behavior of someone else, into a thread about your stinking behavior? Do you need the attention? Or I thought of you being the 'bad ass'? Hosa is a great mod, very even handed imo, no need to go off like you did.

The_Emperor
02-10-2005, 10:42
I trust the mods will handle this in their usual manner.

Incidents like this serve as a constant reminder to us all to be very careful about what we post.

Mount Suribachi
02-10-2005, 10:45
the guy was trolling probably trying to scam, that in itself I wouldn't see deserving of a ban,

I agree. With all the talk of BPs insults, the fact that we have someone making 1 post to offer a free ipod has gone un-noticed. I thought new (junior) members were only allowed to post in the EH and game-related forums? And I thought the reason was precisely to prevent this kind of behaviour? I would have expected this guy to get a ban instantly and a thread closed/deleted ~:confused:

As for BP, well his constant whining to get his warn level reduced, combined with repeatedly insulting all and sundry, I see the ban as fully deserved. He should take his punishment like a man.

InsaneApache
02-10-2005, 10:54
Just my 'pennath worth...

I've been following the 'BP' saga and I honestly have to say that the Moderators and Admins have been very, very patient with him.

How hard can it be to behave in a civilized and considerate manner when posting?

Ok, I know that sometimes the blood can get up when reading/replying to a post you feel passionatley about....but thats why I thought the preview button was there.

I've lost count of the number of replies that I deleted rather than post....once I'd thought about them a few times.

Like I said....just my 'pennath worth

Templar Knight
02-10-2005, 11:32
Im lost can someone help me?

The Preview button - your not having a live chat, you take time to type out your message, how the hell can you slip up or say something wrong? Do they not read what they post before hand?

King Edward
02-10-2005, 14:19
This place really can feel like a play ground some times.......

BP deserves what he is getting, i've seen some of his comments and reactions, but I question the need to have a whole thread about one guy being an arse.

I'm not questioning Hosa's modding, i think he is a great mod and based on his other comments in threads i have read or posted in a nice guy, But this seems to be turning into a bit of a witch hunt.

If the Guy deserves a ban, ban him, no need to draw extra attention to one fool makeing the place less pleasant for the rest of us.

just my 2 cents

Accounting Troll
02-10-2005, 14:26
I have to say that I think the .Org moderators are pretty relaxed - it takes a lot of provocation before they will start thinking about banning somebody. Several months ago I had a right go at Gawain of Orkney (to his credit he didn't flame me back) and a lot of forums would have banned me for what I called him. KukriKhan stopped the row quietly and without fuss.

Templar Knight
02-10-2005, 14:40
I must say that Hosakawa Tito moderating is fair and laid back, compared to other forums

Give BP another chance after his temporary ban, if he continues with his rubbish then ban him for life

Rosacrux redux
02-10-2005, 14:46
I think in general mods are doing a great job around here - and sometimes when they are in error (errare humanum est) they do discuss what is conceived by members as error, or even take advice. That is much more than mods in most forums are keen on taking (usually a PM questioning a mods decision or protesting against some action/wording/whatever costs you a ban in most forums - not here). I think BP has gone far out and away too many times. I've seen how Gregoshi handled him over at the Monastery and although he got all kinds of good advice, patience and smooth talk, no improvment was visible.

TosaInu
02-10-2005, 15:18
...the fact that we have someone making 1 post to offer a free ipod has gone un-noticed. I thought new (junior) members were only allowed to post in the EH and game-related forums? And I thought the reason was precisely to prevent this kind of behaviour? I would have expected this guy to get a ban instantly and a thread closed/deleted ~:confused:

Hello Mount Suribachi,

That was the case, but things changed over time. I'm sure the request is still in some topic here.

I'm not sure whether this was just advertising, we're on the watch. The topic developed to a normal discussion between members about music hardware, I don't feel it should be closed.

Mouzafphaerre
02-10-2005, 15:30
-
With all due respect, may I suggest some extra precautions to prevent trolls and spambots (which are abundantly roaming many forums I've been frequenting) from polluting/exploiting the ORG and its members? (DOH! I should run for a parliament, any one! :charge:)

First of all, do we have a registration ensuring system, like image texts and email verifications?

Then, could we restrict access to the tavern by not only member status but also by postcount, preferably in the game related boards?
-

Accounting Troll
02-10-2005, 16:02
With all due respect, may I suggest some extra precautions to prevent trolls and spambots (which are abundantly roaming many forums I've been frequenting) from polluting/exploiting the ORG and its members?
As an accounting troll, I can't help feeling rejected ~;)

Devastatin Dave
02-10-2005, 16:13
Lol AT!!!

Productivity
02-10-2005, 16:25
I agree. With all the talk of BPs insults, the fact that we have someone making 1 post to offer a free ipod has gone un-noticed. I thought new (junior) members were only allowed to post in the EH and game-related forums? And I thought the reason was precisely to prevent this kind of behaviour? I would have expected this guy to get a ban instantly and a thread closed/deleted ~:confused:

It's legitimate, as far as can be told.

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2004Aug/gee20040819026544.htm
http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

Mount Suribachi
02-10-2005, 16:41
I'm not sure whether this was just advertising, we're on the watch. The topic developed to a normal discussion between members about music hardware, I don't feel it should be closed.

Fair enough ~:)

TosaInu
02-10-2005, 17:22
First of all, do we have a registration ensuring system, like image texts and email verifications?

We do. I'm aware of the running contest between order and chaos and the current registration ensuring system may prove to be too weak tomorrow. Policy will be set tighter then.

Then, could we restrict access to the tavern by not only member status but also by postcount, preferably in the game related boards?

A lot is possible, and when the situation arises that the board or certain forums can't be used normally then it's time to review policies.

Byzantine Prince
02-11-2005, 01:13
I wanna thank all the people who supported me. If you guys give me another chance you'll see how I can be really nice and understanding. I love posting here especially now that Im on my gap year and have lots of free time. Mornings can be very boring.

Anyways the only reason I wanted my warn level lowered was to update my Avatar. It's ok if you want to keep it high for a little while though. I understand.

TosaInu
02-11-2005, 01:35
Topic is closed now.