PDA

View Full Version : Spring 1530 - Clan Meeting

Shuko
07-28-2001, 06:39
Well it is time for us to decide our plan of attack and some economic issues. Who has a short and long term plan of attack ?

Our campaign shall be run and set up as per our "set-up" post with two changes. Generals who wish to use the camera in batttle can have either setting, though of course the "limited camera" makes it harder to find the cowardly enemy. Those who wish to have more dramatic photos can use the smoke/fauna
(POINTS 4 & 5)options if they wish.

Its over to the clan for comment.

[This message has been edited by Shuko (edited 07-28-2001).]

Maltz
07-28-2001, 06:52
(The sunlight sneaks in the window; birds sing in the background. What a good morning it is.)

Hai!
Happy New Year and good morning, noble lords of Shimazu. This is Shoni Sukemoto reporting.

*bow*

My battle skills have been largely improved under the intense training over the winter. I should be ready to fight for the clan very soon!

Although this is way over my duty, I still wish to suggest the following actions - Declare war with Imagawa to unite the island of Kyushu as soon as possible. Here are my plans:

1. Maximum available forces should be drown to Chikuzen right away, this spring.
If I remember it correctly, we should have a total of around 240 men. The battle should be commanded by Vanya, the first free taisho of our clan.

2. Yari samurai to be trained in Satsuma immediately to compensate the loss expected in the war against Imagawa. If possible, I wish to have my own unit as yari samurai as well.

3. A castle to be built in Nagato for its potential of an armoury.

4. If we obtain victory in Chikuzen, I request the wise daimyo of Shimazu would lower the tax to minimum this year to comfort the previous peasants of Imagawa. Then, we should immediately consider invading Chikugo the river with all available forces in summer, preferable led by the daimyo himself. We should be able to obtain victory if we can make a 3:2 numerical advantage.

6. If we obtain victory in Chikugo as well, we should attack Hizen in Autumn but only if we could gather an army larger than the Imagawa army. Our mighty daimyo should be leading this decisive battle of Kyushu unification, too.

I also suggest that the next clan meeting to be held this winter (1530).

That concludes my report and suggestion. Thank you for your attention, great daimyo and generals of Shimazu.

*bow*

Shuko
07-28-2001, 07:25
Thank you Shoni Sukemoto for attending and your carefully set out plan of action which is set out below.

1. Maximum available forces should be drawn to Chikuzen right away, this spring.
If I remember it correctly, we should have a total of around 240 men. The battle should be commanded by Vanya, the first free taisho of our clan.

2. Yari samurai to be trained in Satsuma immediately to compensate the loss expected in the war against Imagawa. If possible, I wish to have my own unit as yari samurai as well.

3. A castle to be built in Nagato for its potential of an armoury.

4. If we obtain victory in Chikuzen, I request the wise daimyo of Shimazu would lower the tax to minimum this year to comfort the previous peasants of Imagawa. Then, we should immediately consider invading Chikugo the river with all available forces in summer, preferable led by the daimyo himself. We should be able to obtain victory if we can make a 3:2 numerical advantage.

6. If we obtain victory in Chikugo as well, we should attack Hizen in Autumn but only if we could gather an army larger than the Imagawa army. Our mighty daimyo should be leading this decisive battle of Kyushu unification, too.

Whilst my battle skills are a little rusty I offer the following options to consider.

1. move Shimazu Takahisa (I think in future we can simply refer to our great Daimyo as "Shimazu" )to Higo.

2. Have all the units in Nagato move to Buzen, getting ready to attack Chikuzen. VoodooChild is now Akizuki Toshisue in Buzen so he and not Vanya can lead this important attack on the next turn. The Mori clan may take our empty province but that is war.

3. My suggestion is to take all the Imagawa provinces near us as quickly as possible since they are good farm income producing lands. Our total profit for the year is only 774 so we must increase our profit by some 400 koku even if we are temporarily losing a farm income of 139 koku in Nagato.

4.Thus next turn Shimazu will lead the attack against the Imagawa province of Chikugo with troops from Bungo whilst VoodooChild attacks Chickuzen with 180 men.

5. Yes, we need to produce some yari in Satsuma for quite a while. First unit produced is sent to Bungo. Would prefer to uggrade the castle in Satsuma than to try and hold and build in Nagato province (that will happen soon enough).

6. Our emissary to be moved up with Shimazu.

7. Long term my view is to attack the rebels on the small island via Iyo. Once this is secured we shall only have three defence points and can expand rapidly with a good koku income and regain Nagato.

8. Vanya will be given the first free general battle as he is top of the "Free Member" line.

yours Ijuin Hisanori

I also suggest that the next clan meeting to be held under a new post known as : Winter 1530 Clan Meeting. This Spring meeting will close after 24 hours and instructions sent to the Executor - Shimazu Iehisa.

NARF
07-28-2001, 08:52
I now decree, that taxes should be lowered to minimum. I shall also lead our forces into Chikugo.

VoodooChild
07-28-2001, 08:53
Noble Lords,

I concur with Shoni Sukemoto, the Imagawa dogs must be thrown into the sea. The details of such a campaign I leave to those who are skilled in warfare. An emissary will be dispatched to the region immediately. With his diplomatic protection, he can freely cross the border without molestation. Once in position, he will provide valuable information as to the content and deployment of the Imagawan forces.

I do wish to give a word of caution. With our forces driving into the heart of Imagawa, our border with Mori might be violated. While I believe such aggression will be dealt with in time, I would hate to see our valuable resources laid to waist. I humbly suggest instead of a castle our resources should be put for the training of troops.

Although the lands we invade are bountiful, they will be stained with much blood. Replacements must be issued to maintain our strength. Through strength the will of our Clan will be felt by the populous we liberate and they will see the futility of rebellion as the people of Chukoku are prone to do. Through strength can we maintain our borders from those who wish to see Satsuma sacked. Through strength can we extend our influence into Kyushu and Shikoku. Yes all should know the strength of Shimazu.

Maltz
07-28-2001, 09:05
Yes noble lords, I would like to retrieve my suggestion of building a castle in Nagato in the first year. Please pardon my ignorance! http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Since our clan have 2000 koku to spend at the beginning, and we shall have our first harvest in 3 seasons, how about we start to upgrade the castle of Satsuma? I, Shoni Sukemoto wish to volunteer myself to be responsible for this construction.

I estimate the upgrade will last 8 seasons, with a total budget of 1000 koku spent at the beginning. This way, even if we recruit 60 yari samurai every season, we shall still have 2000 - 1000 - 200x3 = 400 koku left by autumn harvest. I shall leave plenty of space in the castle for the sword dojo in the future!

Just a short question to the great daimyo - how long is this very first meeting going to last?

[This message has been edited by Maltz (edited 07-28-2001).]

Shuko
07-28-2001, 09:22
Quote Originally posted by NARF:
I now decree, that taxes should be lowered to minimum. I shall also lead our forces into Chikugo.[/QUOTE]

Daimyo Shimazu

please allow me to refer you to page two of the "Clan Meeting" post where Shoni Sukemoto and myself thought that such a tax manipulation was beneath our noble clan.Your subjects are all wise like yourself and it would impose a great deal of work for Shimazu Iehisa - our Executor.

May you win Chikugo and then Hizen for the clan.

yours
Ijuin Hisanori

Maltz
07-28-2001, 09:23
Quote Plan of Shuko, the reserve Daimyo of Shimazu:

4.Thus next turn Shimazu will lead the attack against the Imagawa province of Chikugo with troops from Bungo whilst VoodooChild attacks Chickuzen with 180 men.
[/QUOTE]

What general Ijuin-Shuko suggests are very fine, yet our spy master VoodooChild has previously mentioned he wish to be specialized in aspects other than the battlefield. Also, we cannot be sure whether the battle is to be COMMANDED by Akizuki Toshisue the ashigaru leader.

I suggest we should ask general Vanya for his opinion about leading this tough first battle - estimated to be a close match of 240 vs. 180. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Maltz
07-28-2001, 09:27
I now decree, that taxes should be lowered to minimum. I shall also lead our forces into Chikugo.[/QUOTE]

My great lord of Shimazu, please allow me to explain this low tax policy.

The tax is purely for the sake of comforting Imagawa peasants if we wish to conquer the Kyushu island fast enough. We will not have enough garrison for the lands and we have to utilize every men we could afford onto the battlefield.

To the earliest, Lord Shimazu could be on the battlefield of Chikugo in summer. May Budda's compassion be with us!

VoodooChild
07-28-2001, 09:33
2000 koku! I was unaware that our coffers were so full. Since this is the case I would request contruction of a small castle at Bungo. Here I would like to train special forces to express the will of our Clan. With a slight change to the troops that are trained this goal can be met.

Spring
Upgrade to a large castle at Satsuma
Construction of a small castle at Bungo
Commission a unit of Yari Samurai
Summer
Commission a unit of Yari Samurai
Autumn
Commission a unit of Yari Ashigaru

Maltz
07-28-2001, 10:01
Great Lord of Shimazu:

During the lunch break I just had some rehearsal with my own soldiers about the potential battle in Chikuzen right in the first season. I would say the battle might be hard but should be perfectly winable.

If the 240 men of Shimazu could concentrate on one enemy unit, rout it first and immediately and properly pursue, the enemy should collapse under the cascade effect. Also, the enemy might agressively approach us because they are higher honored than us. We might want to pick a windy or slightly rainy day to avoid the arrows from the superior archers of Imagawa. Best luck to general Vanya if he decides to take the task!

Besides, I estimate that my self, Shino Sukemoto, should be able to join the Shimazu force right in the next season. I wish to be responsible for the defense in Bungo with my own, single unit if possible.

I apologize to all of you, the noble lords, for all the troubles I have been causing.

NARF
07-28-2001, 11:22
No trouble I understand your needs.

EuroSan
07-28-2001, 13:23
Chikugo need to be taken fast....but you need the honour bonuse from the Daimyo in the fight(Second(Summer)turn to fight that battle)..and take it easy on the Bridge crossing, send one unit over the bridge to get there units walk in to our Archers range and shoot them to death first http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/tongue.gif

That fight is a easy one http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/tongue.gif (Done Shimatzu campaign 10+ times(Expert))

Leave the land on Mori island with only 1 60 unit defending, when we lose that province we will get a Rebeling vs Mori(our Rebels)..when we get that we should send Back the 60 unit we have moved away earlyer there to command those new Units http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan

[This message has been edited by EuroSan (edited 07-28-2001).]

EuroSan
07-28-2001, 13:28
2000 koku???
Are you playing Easy or normal????
On Expert you have 1000 koku at start if i remember well http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/tongue.gif

So it should be 1 Castle at Bungo
And 1 YS to be built first turn and a second in the 3rd turn = 500+200+200=900 http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif

Ps. i might be wrong on somethings with the units..i never played a 60 unit campaign http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/tongue.gif only 120 ones.D.s
------------------

Maltz
07-28-2001, 19:40
Quote Originally posted by EuroSan:
2000 koku???
Are you playing Easy or normal????
On Expert you have 1000 koku at start if i remember well http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/tongue.gif

So it should be 1 Castle at Bungo
And 1 YS to be built first turn and a second in the 3rd turn = 500+200+200=900 http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif

Ps. i might be wrong on somethings with the units..i never played a 60 unit campaign http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/tongue.gif only 120 ones.D.s[/QUOTE]

Dear Lord Shimazu-EuroSan,

It is 2000 koku in the hard level. Only expert level gives us 1000 koku.

Building a castle in Bungo as the second training center for warriors or shinobi is very well thought, but I wish to point out that we might soon obtain the castle of Hizen (by assault) and Aki (with an armoury).

The enemy ninja will not be bothering us in the first two years, so I would like to suggest the shinobi training center be located in Hizen instead of Bungo, and the second troop training center in Nagato (if we don't lose it) or Aki, both with a potential armoury and Aki even has a port. The long term benefit of having the armoury is huge. And even if we start a castle now in Bungo, we won't have the first troop out until 2 years later, while we should have taken Kyushu from Imagawa if the plan works! http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Shuko
07-28-2001, 20:11
To save everyone reading lots of posts again I will attempt to summarise what I think the clan is wanting to do, please correct me if I have misunderstood anything or have made an error. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

A. we are playing a full campaign at "hard" level with morale,fatigue,limited ammo 'on',other effects are optional.We are having 60 men units and will not replay battles (we may all lose a battle or two but still win the war http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif). We have 2,000 koku and an annual profit of 774 koku. When provinces are captured their tax rate will be reduced to improve morale and thus reduce the risk of rebellion.

B. first move is for Shimazu to move up to Higo, one unit to move from Nagato to Buzen, Emissary to move to Higo.

C. All units in Buzen and Bungo to attack Imagawa's province of Chikuzen. Vanya is to lead this attack and it is suggested he try to rout one enemy unit early to make the enemy flee. He can then inform Maltz of which general he has chosen etc.

D. A castle is to be built in Nagato and yari units trained in Satsuma. The first yari unit produced will be sent to defend Bungo.

E. On the second turn (SUMMER), assuming that we have taken Chikuzen, Shimazu will attack Chikugo with all available troops ie. including those in Chikuzen.

F. The one unit in Buzen is to move to Chikuzen,new yari unit moves to Higo (on way to Bungo).Emissary to move to Bungo.

G. If Chikuzen is taken then in AUTUMN all units to attack Hizen, lead by Shimazu. New yari unit moved to Higo. New yari unit already in Higo moved to Bungo. Emissary moved to Chikuzen.

H. WINTER, this will be the next clan meeting. Will be posted as : Winter 1530 - Clan Meeting. You will need to read the map logfile or see if it has been published yet to understand our clan situation BEFORE the meeting please. We need to build ninja, shinobi and emissary units for VoodooChild in a suitable province.

Maltz
07-28-2001, 20:24
Thanks for the effort of general Ijuin-Shuko. Please allow me to say a few more words here:

Originally posted by Shuko:

When provinces are captured their tax rate will be reduced to improve morale and thus reduce the risk of rebellion.

Yes I hope this welfare will apply to the peasants in the first year because we will not have enough garrison.

C. All units in Buzen and Bungo to attack Imagawa's province of Chikuzen. Vanya is to lead this attack and it is suggested he try to rout one enemy unit early to make the enemy flee. He can then inform Maltz of which general he has chosen etc.

Since this battle is not easy and largely depending on luck (of weather and enemy's tactics), I suggest we consult Vanya of his willingness of commanding such attack. If he declines, then we might need another volunteer general. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

D. A castle is to be built in Nagato...

Since many great lords have pointed out that Mori is very likely to invade Nagato as we are busy in Kyushu, I have retrieved my suggestion of building a castle in Nagato. The money can be saved and a castle upgrade of Satsuma can be started.

E. On the second turn (SUMMER), assuming that we have taken Chikuzen, Shimazu will attack Chikugo with all available troops ie. including those in Chikuzen.

We might want to have one small unit attacking Hizen do distract the enemy. This way, Imagawa might leave more garrison in Hizen and the battle in Chikugo will be easier.

G. ... New yari unit already in Higo moved to Bungo.

This unit should be me, Shino Sukemoto's yari samurai! I am honored to take charge of the defense in Bungo. Just 60 men is enough for now.

Maltz
07-28-2001, 20:27
Oh just one thing to add:

The finalized rule (and game settings / features) can all be found in our website now. It is: http://www.totalwar.org/maltz/SP_Campaign/

07-29-2001, 00:51
Noble Lords,

I have a new idea! Why don't we put Maltz as the weird-hairstyled advisor of the throne room? http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif He shall suggest our army movements and unit/building production, as he did in this first topic.

The Executor is waiting impatiently for his necessary information of moves/production and general lists etc. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Terazawa

------------------
Honour to Clan No Fear.

Visit my resource centre here! (http://terazawa.totalwar.org)
Evil is within us... http://terazawa.totalwar.org/emo.gif

VoodooChild
07-29-2001, 01:50
Here are my suggestions for troop movements for the unification of Kyushu. It should cover all contengencies.

1530 Spring
Move SA from Nagato to Buzen
Attack Chikuzen with forces from Buzen and Bungo (SA, 2 YS, YA)
Move YS from Higo to Bungo
Attack Chikugo with SA from Higo
Move Daimyo and Emissary to Higo
Upgrade Castle at Satsuma to large
Commission 3 units of YS at Satsuma

Scenario 1 - Imagawa responds by fortifying Chikuzen with a total of 240, and Chikugo with 60
Response - Call off both attacks at Chikuzen and Chikugo

1530 Summer
Attack Chikuzen with YS and SA from Buzen
Move YA from Buzen to Bungo
Attack Chikugo with forces from Higo and Bungo (D, 2 SA, 2 YS)
Emissary to Chikugo, Shoni Sukemoto to Higo

Scenario A -
Response - No matter how Imagawa deploys, fight both battles

Result A1 - Victories at Chikugo and Chikuzen
1530 Autumn
Lower Taxes, Attack Hizen with everything from Chikugo and Chikuzen
Move YA from Bungo to Chikuzen, Shoni to Bungo, YS to Higo, Em to Hizen, new YS to Higo

Result A2 - Victory at Chikugo, Defeat at Chikuzen
Lower Taxes
Attack Hizen with all forces from Chikugo, Attack Chikuzen with all forces from Buzen and Bungo
Move Shoni to Bungo, YS to Higo, Em to Hizen

Result A3 - Defeat at Chikugo, Defeat at Chikuzen
Lower Taxes
Attack Hizen with all forces from Chikuzen, Attack Chikugo with all forces except YA at Bungo

Result A4 - Defeat at Chikugo and Chikuzen
Seppuku

Scenario 2 - Imagawa leaves Chikuzen defenses at 180
Response - Fight battle at Chikuzen, call off attack at Chikugo

Result 1 - Defeat at Chikuzen
Follow Scenario 1 with adjustments made for additional troops.

Result 2 - Victory at Chikuzen
1530 Summer
Attack Higo with r1YS and SA from Chikuzen
Move SA from Buzen to Bungo
Attack Chikugo with all forces from Bungo, Higo, and Chikuzen
Move Em to Chikugo, Shoni to Higo

Scenario B - Imagawa fortifies Chikugo with more than 180 troops
Response - Call off attack at Chikugo, Hizen defenses will retreat

1530 Autumn
Move SA from Bungo to Chikuzen, YA from Chikuzen to Bungo
Attack Chikugo with all forces from Bungo and Higo
Move YS from Satsuma to Higo

Scenario B1 - Imagawa will attack Hizen with all forces
Result - Retreat from Hizen, take Chikugo without a fight

Scenario C - Imagawa fortifies Chikugo with 180 troops or less
Response - Fight battle at Chikugo, call off the attack at Hizen

Result C1 - Victory at Chikugo
1530 Autumn
Attack Hizen with all forces from Chikuzen and Chikugo
Move SA from Bungo to Chikuzen
Move Shoni from Higo to Bungo, Em to Hizen

Result C2 - Defeat at Chikugo
1530 Autumn
Attack Hizen with r1 YS & SA
Move YA from Chikuzen to Bungo
Attack Chikugo with all forces from Bungo and Higo.

Shuko
07-29-2001, 08:30
Vanya, if you are willing to lead the 240 strong army against Imagawa in Chikuzen then please advise the clan. Assuming that you are willing then I believe our plan is:

Spring 1530.
Attack Chikugo with all from Higo
Commence to upgrade Castle at Satsuma

Scenario 1 - Imagawa responds by fortifying Chikuzen with a total of 240, and Chikugo with 60
Response - Call off attack at Chikuzen.
(if 180 or less Imagawa men in Chikuzen then attack with 240 men but don't attack Chikigo if there are 120 or more Imagawa men).

Summer 1530.
assuming we have captured Chikuzen
Move YA from Buzen to Chikuzen
Attack Chikugo with all forces from Higo and Chikuzen (except the smallest Chikuzen unit which is to do a feint attack on Hizen)
Emissary to Bungo, Shoni Sukemoto to Higo

Autumn 1530.
depending on above, assuming we have held Chikuzon and taken Chikugo after heavy losses
Move Shoni YA from Higo to Bungo for defence
Move Emissary to Chikugo
Move YA from Satsuma to Higo
Attack Imagawa in Hizen with all troops from Chikugo and Chikuzen (but leave smallest unit there to stop rebellions). If his army is too large then call off the attack, will depend on how many losses we have taken in the previous two successful battles.

Winter 1530.
Clan meeting in new post.

Executor, please proceed as above unless Shimazu or EuroSan want to change things. If Vanya declines to lead the troops then Dongal is invited to do so.

ps: there are an incredible number of AI moves and options, I don't think we do an answer to all the variables especially when we expand and have many battles.If we suffer a defeat then obviously the Executor shall use common sense.

Shuko
07-29-2001, 08:43
Quote Originally posted by Terazawa Tokugawa:
Noble Lords,

I have a new idea! Why don't we put Maltz as the weird-hairstyled advisor of the throne room? http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif He shall suggest our army movements and unit/building production, as he did in this first topic.

The Executor is waiting impatiently for his necessary information of moves/production and general lists etc. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Terazawa

[/QUOTE]

I believe that Maltz will be busy enough but of couse he and all clan members can suggest our course of military and economic action. Our Daimyo Shimazu and Shimazu Yoshihisa can help control and add more input to the next meeting in Winter but Shimazu might be too busy fighting battles.

Honourable Shimazu Iehisa has a significant degree of flexability in carrying out his duties. If there is an oversight or error in the plans then please use your judgement to ensure the clan is kept on the road to victory.

Maltz
07-29-2001, 09:36
Dear noble lords:

I just received a email message from Vanya. My excitement prevent me from asking Vanya's permission of publishing his words first. To avoid embarassment I shall rephrase his words below.

On the forum I saw I was to asked to lead the first attack on Chikugo! That's wonderful!
However, I might be busy over the weekends. May I fight it on Monday (just not on weekend...)?
http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

I suggest we should appreciate Vanya's great enthusiasm and approve his request. Best luck to Vanya and may Budda's compassion be with him!! http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

VoodooChild
07-29-2001, 09:49
Shuko,

slight variation to your list. Move the YS from Higo to Bungo in the Spring to protect Bungo from attack from the Ronin (which they will automaticly do if left ungarrisoned. The SA attack from Higo is just to try and keep Chikuzen defenses at 180 and not 240.

Maltz
07-29-2001, 09:51
Quote Originally posted by VoodooChild:
Here are my suggestions for troop movements for the unification of Kyushu. It should cover all contengencies.
[/QUOTE]

http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/rolleyes.gif
I am amzed by the effort spent by our spymaster. Great work!

However, I suggest in the future (even starting in this very meeting) we don't have to give so detailed instructions (although they are really really well thought) to the executor. I believe most of the time we only need to figure out a rough outline of directions, and the executor will handle the rest with his own great judgements http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif

If we get into this much detail everytime, it will be really a heavy duty for both the planner and the executor (to read). I guess that's not the thing we really want to see because the campaign still has a long way to go http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif

Still want to say great work to Voodoochild (and Shuko below)! However, we shall forgive Tera if he does not follow our very detailed plan one-hundred percent. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

Maltz
07-29-2001, 10:02
And about the advisor thing... how about we let our great reserve clan daimyo Shuko do it because:

1) We all can see that Shuko is definitely skillful and fair in hosting meetings. We can create the advisor position who is responsible for chairing meetings. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

2) Shuko signs up as the daimyo first (while he was humble enough to become the reserve). It will be great if we can offer Shuko a special position to continue his great work.

3) Shuko's general won't show up in 30 years (or 40 years? http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/tongue.gif) anyways.

4) From the previous age census, we learned that Shuko's wisdom shall be the greatest among us. (But I am sure Shuko is still way younger than the weird hair-styled advisor http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/tongue.gif).

---

Therefore, I wish to nominate Shuko to become the advisor who is responsible in chairing the meetings. (I shall modify the rules section and let everyone take a look). How does everyone think?

Please allow me to stay as Shoni Sukemoto as he is the main character in my own little war story 7.

Also... who wants to play the Geisha in the background? http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

Maltz
07-29-2001, 10:27
Great daimyo, advisor, executor, and noble lords:

I guess I've asked this before but didn't got an answer. What is the meeting going to last? We started at 07-28-2001 00:39 AM GMT (Saturday). I think we are just awaiting the clan's decision of allowing Vanya to postpone his battle in Chikuzen to Monday. If the answer is a GO, then we can finish our meetings right at this point as we have pretty much reached a concensus. If the answer is a NO, then we need to make some new suggestions. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Maltz (edited 07-29-2001).]

NARF
07-29-2001, 10:53
I have recently foudn out that I am going on vacation and will not have access to a computer for a month. I sign my position as daimyo to Shuko. *bows to Shuko and lays his legendary katana into shukos hands* I hope you can fulfill this position with much honor, and lead our clan to a swift victory.
SHUKO SHUKO SHUKO SHUKO SHUKO

vangersonm
07-29-2001, 10:58
So were going to meet every winter........right

What day would that be?

Sat 0:00 GMT....... is Fri 4:00 pm .......... correct?

------------------
http://www.plauder-smilies.de/person/ninja.gif If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them.

Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

VoodooChild
07-29-2001, 11:18
One this was just a one time thing.

Since the opening gambit is so important to our Clans success, it had to be well thought out. With only three seasons and a limited number of varibles, it wasn't that hard. The next meeting will have none of these.

Maltz
07-29-2001, 11:25
Have a nice vacation, NARF the great daimyo!

Wish you join us again in the next month. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif Chooose whatever general available at that time!

[This message has been edited by Maltz (edited 07-29-2001).]

Shuko
07-29-2001, 12:08
I have recently foudn out that I am going on vacation and will not have access to a computer for a month. I sign my position as daimyo to Shuko. *bows to Shuko and lays his legendary katana into shukos hands* I hope you can fulfill this position with much honor, and lead our clan to a swift victory.
SHUKO SHUKO SHUKO SHUKO SHUKO[/QUOTE]

thanks for your advice to the clan Daimyo Shimazu.I believe it is my job to continue to be the the Advisor and help arrange meetings and calculate clan decisions rather than be the Daimyo,and I am not exactly your heir.

I think the clan rules may help here and if I am not mistaken the rightful heir is Shimazu Yoshihisa - EuroSan. Thus his old general position will become vacant if he accepts being Shimazu Takahisa. Eurosan ?

May I suggest NARF that in the next coop campaign you put your name in the ring again and try for Daimyo etc. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Maltz
07-29-2001, 12:34
Since Shuko hopes to stay as the advisor, how about I also nominate EuroSan to be the new daimyo, playing as Shimazu Takahisa and writing up the story for the Shimazu lord. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif What is the opinion of everyone?

This way, Shuko can concentrate on meeting chairing and don't have to be too busy fighting battles and writing up stories. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

Shuko
07-29-2001, 12:42
FINAL CLAN PLAN
Vanya please fight you battle on Monday,all the clan is wishing you luck. I am honoured to become the Advisor for the clan and ask that my general be changed from Ijuin Hisanori to Shimazu Yoshihiro.

Spring 1530.
Move Yari from Higo to Bungo
Attack Chikugo with SA from Higo, this is intended to be a feint attack
Commence to upgrade Castle at Satsuma

Response - Call off attack at Chikuzen.
(if 180 or less Imagawa men in Chikuzen then attack with 240 men but don't attack Chikigo if there are 120 or more Imagawa men).

Summer 1530.
assuming we have captured Chikuzen
Move YA from Buzen to Chikuzen
Attack Chikugo with all forces from Higo and Chikuzen (except the smallest Chikuzen unit which is to do a feint attack on Hizen)
Emissary to Bungo, Shoni Sukemoto to Higo

Autumn 1530.
depending on above, assuming we have held Chikuzon and taken Chikugo after heavy losses
Move Shoni YA from Higo to Bungo for defence
Move Emissary to Chikugo
Move YA from Satsuma to Higo
Attack Imagawa in Hizen with all troops from Chikugo and Chikuzen (but leave smallest unit there to stop rebellions). If his army is too large then call off the attack, will depend on how many losses we have taken in the previous two successful battles.

Executor, please proceed as above. If EuroSan declines to become Daimyo Shimazu Takahisa then Dongal is invited to do so.

There are an incredible number of AI moves and options and as Maltz explained, I don't think we can do an answer to all the variables especially when we expand and have many battles.If we suffer a defeat then obviously the Executor shall use his common sense and resourcefulness.

This meeting is now closed. Next meeting is at 00.00am GMT on Saturday 08/04/2001, look out for the new post ie."Winter 1530 - Clan Meeting".

Clan members can still suggest improvements to our revised rules on the other post. I am now off for one full days zen meditation to prepare for the coming battles. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif

EuroSan
07-29-2001, 15:36
Am here and can fill in as Daimyo untill Our Daimyo is back http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/tongue.gif

------------------

Maltz
07-29-2001, 19:25
Hail to the Daimyo! http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif