PDA

View Full Version : wonders

blindfaithnogod
02-10-2005, 23:34
:help: if you guys have anything related to wonders or ideas for fantasy wonders post in here. here are the wonder ideas guys had ( i have forgotten who they were, but thanks guys). i would like to hear about some other ideas you all may have. pictures would be great. links are also welcome. basically anything that will get the imgination ball rolling. thanks ahead of time.

Some wonder ideas:
Teracota Army
Goldan Pavilion
Gates of the Underworld
Forbidden City
Tokugawa Shrine
Buddha at Bangkok (largest reclining buddha)

- Great Wall of China: could give some defensive bonus, for example a +1 for defense for all units trained in the province with the wall. Should extent over more than one province but I don't think that will be possible? Not sure either what you should do if different parts of the wall are owned by different factions.
- Taj Mahal: so beautiful that it will attract people from all over the world to see it. Province in which it is situated has a +1 growth bonus
- Tripitaka Koreana: Housed in the halls of Haein Temple, the Koryo Tripitaka (Taejang'kyong) is the most highly regarded woodblock edition among the thirty or so Tripitaka canons existing in the world today because of its enormous size of 80,000 wooden printing blocks and for its accuracy. It is Korean Buddhism's most sacred treasure. It is from the 13th(?) century. See this link for more info: http://www.sutra.re.kr/english/default.asp
- Borobudur: Hugh and beautifully decorated piramid like Budhist temple from the 8-9th century in Indonesia. Makes building temples cheaper? Could be situated on the Monk Island? I think there sould be some kind off temple Wonder on the Monk Island anywayz.
- Angkor Wat: Temple/Mausoleum for Khmer ruler Suryavarman II, situated in Cambodia. 65 meter high piramid with an area of 1 square kilometer. Possible bonus: gives access to a special type of ancilliary if this province is owned

Jay Tee
02-12-2005, 12:43
Temple of Doom ~D ~D
In the Demon territory, could give:
- income bonus (Demon Horde will probably need a boost for economy)
- population growth bonus (also needed)
- experience bonus for troops (more in character)

Jay Tee
02-12-2005, 12:54
Burial place of the Great Ghengis Khan

Somewhere in Mongolia. Gives some sort of combat bonus, e.g. increases attack of cavalry.

Al Khalifah
03-04-2005, 14:03
Wonder effects are saddly very hard coded at least for the time being anyway. Perhaps in the expansion we will see some new wonders (especially if the rumours are true that its going to be a Hellenic based game) to compensate but again, these might be hardcoded too.
It is possible to retexture and rename existing wonders however. Therefore if we could produce wonders that mimick the effects of the originals, but in a different context.

Original wonders and their effects:

Hanging Gardens: +20% on farming income in all settlements.
Statue of Zeus: +4 loyalty in all settlements. (+2 post 1.2 patch)
Colossos of Rhodes: +40% naval trade.
Pharos at Alexandria: halves the chance of nearby ships at sea sinking and increases naval movement allowances.
The Great Pyramid at Giza: cancel out any culture penalties when taking over Egyptian cities.
Mausoleum at Halicarnassus: reduces building construction times by 20%. This has no effect on buildings that take less than 5 turns to complete.
Temple of Artemis at Ephesus: reduces the cost of new religious buildings by 30% in all settlements.
ALL WONDERS: give a stacked +20% order bonus to all settlements in your empire, which diminishes by 4% each turn afterwards, presumably to represent the temporary public pride following the capture of such a site.

These could be replaced by:
Chaos Sanctuary: This giant fortress situated in the heart of the demon realm represents the heart of demonic power on Earth and contains a direct gate into the underworld. Its owner will therefore wield great influence over the demonic creatures in the overworld, whether the owner is demonic or not. Cancel out any culture penalties when taking over Demonic cities.
Buddha at Bangkok: the largest reclining buddha in the world is a great source of inspiration to all true believers and the desire of the people who posses this wonder to construct further epic religious monuments is greatly increased. Reduces the cost of new religious buildings by 30% in all settlements.
Forbidden City: the awesome architectural prowess shown in the construction of the forbidden city is of great inspiration to architects in the empire that contains it, but even more impressive was the speed of its completion. The secrets of the rapid construction methods used here will be of great use in future large building projects. Reduces building construction times by 20%. This has no effect on buildings that take less than 5 turns to complete.
Great Wall of China: the Great Wall was not only succesful in terms of keeping out foreign invaders, but also in keeping the indigenous populace in. The sense of national unification created amongst the people and their gratitude towards their protector serves to strengthen the loyalty of all peoples under the owner's command. +2 loyalty in all settlements.
Tokugawa Shrine: the Tokugawa were succesful in battle because they were the masters of Sun Tzu's Art of War. They paid special attention to protecting their supply lines and ensuring that farm production was always great enough to meet the demands of the army, especially during times of war when many of the peasants would be expected to perform military service. +20% on farming income in all settlements.

The naval bonuses I cannot think of. My knowledge of sea warfare tactics during this period is limitted to say the least - I was always more of a land conflict man myself - strange considering my Britishness.

Gubook Janggoon
06-12-2005, 03:47
What about the King Gwanggato Stele?
http://www.mygoguryeo.com/history_img/history04_right_pic00.gif

And the General's Tomb

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-07/02/xin_560701020015417585311.jpg

Greek_fire19
06-13-2005, 21:43
Well....I dunno if this should be a wonder or an indian epic temple, but a gigantic buddha statue should be in there. I think so anyway.

shifty157
06-13-2005, 22:39
Will you try to divide the wonders evenly between the factions?

blindfaithnogod
06-14-2005, 03:34
in a way. they will atleast be in places where they can be fought over......

Nightbringer.woc
06-14-2005, 09:12
Hove you thought about doing wonders the same way the EB team are? Although their effectiveness is reduced it does mean that they make their own wonders, rather than adhere to the hardcoded elements.

Doctor_OCTAGON
06-14-2005, 23:24
i have been following the development of this mod, and i must say that it looks awsome! a good idea for a wonder is the shaolin temple, this could be located in the monk faction's terretory. this wonder should be able to let the faction thats in control of it train shaolin monks, or monks or whatever; ot just give a bonus - Cause those shaolin warriors are damn nice, i have a friend who takes shaolin, and he can kick serious ass and he is only 14!