PDA

View Full Version : buildings

blindfaithnogod
02-10-2005, 23:44
another cry for help. we would like to hear name suggestions for buildings. ie demon barracks level 1: spawning point etc. if you have any post'em. again thanks for the help ahead of time.

blindfaithnogod
02-10-2005, 23:46
also if you have shrine/temple suggestions we'd love to hear them.

DragoonXXIV
02-11-2005, 01:16
It's kinda hard to think of names when we don't know the tech-tree and/or any hierarchy, sure we can guess but the information is lacking. That aside a few generic ideas.

Japan:
Minor Dojo -> Famous Dojo -> Imperial Instructor ...for regular sword infantry
Weapons Cache -> Provincal Armory -> Sohei Compound ...other infantry
Horse Trainer -> Calvery Stables -> Imperial Stables
Local Police -> Provincial Police -> Shinsengumi Office
...maybe get elite samurai from Shinsengumi...
Chinese techniques -> Legendary Rice -> Irrigation

China:
incorporate regular infantry into city expansion
Minor City -> Walled City -> Stronghold -> Banner Stronghold
Minister's Household -> Imperial Household -> Imperial Palace ...for elite troops
Courier Station -> Army Stables -> Imperial Armoury ..for calvery & specials

Demon:
Haunted Battleground -> Ritual Alter -> Necromancer ...for undead infantry
Deep Chasm -> Shadowed Lands -> Planer Rift ...for demon infantry
...just an idea but maybe you can have demons and undead be mutually exclusive...
Bandit Hideout -> Derilict Stables -> House of Nightmares ...for calvery

blindfaithnogod
02-11-2005, 01:19
thats exactlly the kind of stuff i was looking for. as for the tech tree i dont think we will stray much from the pattern of the original game.... that said any ideas on changes to that format would be great aswell.

Darius
02-11-2005, 15:35
One thing that might be good is to have it so walls will have more of a benefit to the builders other than their obvious defensive purposes. Perhaps have them give a certain percentage bonus to public order due to law. I for one know that walls were a very obvious statement of who is in charge and that they plan to stay. Also try and do something to make squalor less of an issue, because as it is it really slows down games. I actually went through my files and increased all of the public health buildings by a half.

Another thing I'd like to see is maybe a "native recruitment building" which would basically allow you to produce troops that are available only in the areas that have their corresponding resource. This of course would be seperate from mercenary units, instead being a place where you could muster up units like Swabian Swordsmen ala MTW, though obviously they would not appear here, but hopefully you get the picture.

Jay Tee
02-12-2005, 15:55
buildings to increase happiness:
- Opium Den (for China)
- Geisha House (for Japan)

Guess it shows I'm from Holland ~;)

dark_shadow89
02-16-2005, 12:02
um...opium didnt arrive in China until the british arrived...i think...

dark_shadow89
02-16-2005, 12:03
i think a better happiness booster could be like a chinese opera theatre or something, as chinese opera was and still is, a big thing in china.

dark_shadow89
02-16-2005, 12:08
ok heres some building names/suggestions:

-buddist temple (china and japan, though both would look different due to the culture differences, obviously)

-daoist temple (china - ying and yang thing)

-confucian temple (china)

-shinto temple (japanese)

Darius
02-16-2005, 15:28
Probably will want to throw in some Demon style Execution squares and such, like Torture chamber's and the like.

DragoonXXIV
02-16-2005, 15:32
For temples:
(China & Korea)
Ancestor's Shrine (increases just happiness)
Korea should also have Buddhist Shrines

(India)
Shrine to Brahma (increased brith rate)
Shrine to Shiva (increased exp. in units)
Shrine to Vishnu (increased order & law)
Shrine to Ganga (increases trade)

(Demon)
Horrific Paintings -> Demonic Statues -> Battlefield of Stone (instead of temples, decreases law but increases happiness and increases birth rate) (note: Battlefield of Stone is supposed to be a gigantic statue that depicts an epic battle)

Other buildings
Common:
Inn -> Brothel -> Red Light district (Increases happiness but decresses law)
Forge -> Weaponsmith -> Legendary Weaponsmith (increases weapons + armor)

Korea:
Martial Arts dojo (nessicary for best units, also +1 to unit exp, not upgradable)
Stone Lions -> Field of 500 heads (increases law)
Local Administrator -> Provincial Administrator (decreases happiness but adds food bonus) (China too)

Japan:
Cherry Blossom Garden -> Cherry Blossom Square -> Cherry Blossom Orcard (increases happiness)
Sake distillery (Increases happiness, decreases law)
Public Baths (increases sanitation and happiness)

China:
Scroll of Epic Loves - Scroll of Epic Deeds - Scroll of Epic Wars (increases happiness, also Loves increases birth, Deeds increases weapon quality, Wars increase unit exp., kinda like second temple, also potential increase Great -> Legendary -> Epic)
Jade Quarry -> Jade Aritsan -> Jade connoisseur (increases happiness)
Imperial Seat -> Imperial Seal -> Imperial Banner (increases law)

blindfaithnogod
02-16-2005, 22:34
great stuff guys