PDA

View Full Version : Walls: will they be real?

hellenes
02-11-2005, 21:55
With the UBER alien built walls that CA put in the game making it look rediculusly dump is there a plan to make the walls more realistic as and the city plans unique (if possible) the Athenean Long walls for example were quite distinctive and Romes plan wasnt same as Alexandria's...

Also as the miserable "Egypt" is concerned will they have the Hellenistic Culture and the apropriate building line as also the appropriate temples?

Hellenes

Ferocious_Imbecile
02-12-2005, 23:03
With the UBER alien built walls that CA put in the game making it look rediculusly dump is there a plan to make the walls more realistic as and the city plans unique (if possible) the Athenean Long walls for example were quite distinctive and Romes plan wasnt same as Alexandria's...

Also as the miserable "Egypt" is concerned will they have the Hellenistic Culture and the apropriate building line as also the appropriate temples?

Hellenes
Oh my, you're asking for authentic antique cities! I was so disappointed by the Constantinople of MTW...I wanted the Golden Horn and the Bosphorus in there...

One day we'll have a battle map of cities where the ports will be right there on the battle map and coordinated assaults from land and sea will be possible.

Yes, the Long Walls of Athens would be nice. And an attempt to portray an authentic Alexandria and Ostia would be great too...

*sigh*

Teleklos Archelaou
02-12-2005, 23:28
Also as the miserable "Egypt" is concerned will they have the Hellenistic Culture and the apropriate building line as also the appropriate temples?The temples will be appropriate for Ptolemaic Egypt. Which statement, of course, is itself still extremely vague as there was a wide mixture of them. See Gunther Holbl's 2001 A History of the Ptolemaic Empire with sections on Egyptian priests and temples as well as on Greek cults of the Ptolemies and dynastic gods.

Proper Gander
02-16-2005, 14:18
i would like to see smaller walls myself.
i think the normal stone walls are fine, but even large walls are a bit to big in my opinion.
i think it would be enough to let the player advance the towers and gatehouse, for less money and building time ofcourse.

oooh, every line starts with "I", thank god i'm not applying for a job here. ~;)

Sarcasm
02-16-2005, 16:22
Agreed. The upgrades should be more of a question of number of towers, siege engines, fortified battlements.....not making the walls higher and higher until it´s ridiculous.