PDA

View Full Version : Friends list

AggonyKing
02-14-2005, 02:42
How does it work?

and

I can't see any of the smilies.

oh and I like this site in spanish, much easier. *cheers smilie here*

Edit: I found this in the box in the botton left about the what you can and what you can't do

"not puedes agregar archivos adjuntos"

is 'No puedes agregar archivos adjuntos'

Edit 2: Maybe I should to a study and find all the mistakes, it says "Editato por AggonyKing en hoy a las..."
"en" needs to be deleted.

Anyway I'm going to look around and find mistakes then PM them to you. cheers

AggonyKing
02-14-2005, 03:19
under "View forum leaders"

Administrator = "Administradores"

Assistant Moderator = "Moderador Ayudante"

Forums Administrators = "Administradores de el Foro"

that's all I could find.

Edit: In the birthday section, it says “Cumpleaños para hoy” it should be instead of “para” “de” so it reads “Cumpleaños de hoy”

well anyway that's all

therother
02-14-2005, 12:05
Assuming you mean the Buddy List, this is a small but often quite useful feature. In the Currently Active Users box of the Guild homepage and the Who's Online page, users in your buddy list will have a + after their username, which allows you to quickly distinguish them. It also lets you see which of your buddies is online via Open Buddy List quick link. But perhaps its most useful function is that it allows you to quickly Private Message (PM) a number of users at once (the exact number is dependent on your User Level, if I remember correctly).

To use this feature, add a couple of users to your Buddy List: you can do this via the link in their user profiles, or you can add usernames using this page - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/profile.php?do=editlist. Now select Open Buddy List from the Quick Links menu. A small window should pop up, with all the members of your buddy list. It should divide them into online or offline. Check the box beside a couple of them, and then press the PM Users button.

TonyJ
02-14-2005, 12:43
If you can't see smilies, check that you have them enabled in your posts. There's a tickbox at the bottom of the screen when you post to disable them.

~:)

AggonyKing
02-14-2005, 16:41
Assuming you mean the Buddy List, this is a small but often quite useful feature. In the Currently Active Users box of the Guild homepage and the Who's Online page, users in your buddy list will have a + after their username, which allows you to quickly distinguish them. It also lets you see which of your buddies is online via Open Buddy List quick link. But perhaps its most useful function is that it allows you to quickly Private Message (PM) a number of users at once (the exact number is dependent on your User Level, if I remember correctly).

To use this feature, add a couple of users to your Buddy List: you can do this via the link in their user profiles, or you can add usernames using this page - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/profile.php?do=editlist. Now select Open Buddy List from the Quick Links menu. A small window should pop up, with all the members of your buddy list. It should divide them into online or offline. Check the box beside a couple of them, and then press the PM Users button.

thank you

TosaInu
02-14-2005, 18:11
Thank you AggonyKing,

The languages are handy I think. Afaik, English is the only official shipped language and the others are translations by fans. I'm not sure whether Spanish is plain or say from South America (there are differences right?).

Those extra translation modules aren't always complete and hacks (for example to show the awards) add extra sentences too. Those are English only in most, if not all situations. Updating sentences is possible and I'll do when I find them. And that's quite a problem. Not only are there many phrases, at least one module was inserting into others as well.

AggonyKing
02-14-2005, 18:16
Thank you AggonyKing,

The languages are handy I think. Afaik, English is the only official shipped language and the others are translations by fans. I'm not sure whether Spanish is plain or say from South America (there are differences right?).

Those extra translation modules aren't always complete and hacks (for example to show the awards) add extra sentences too. Those are English only in most, if not all situations. Updating sentences is possible and I'll do when I find them. And that's quite a problem. Not only are there many phrases, at least one module was inserting into others as well.

yep there are various differences from the Spanish in Spain, and the spanish in South America, infact there are differences between the spanish in Souht america too, so confusing.

AggonyKing
02-14-2005, 18:24
If you can't see smilies, check that you have them enabled in your posts. There's a tickbox at the bottom of the screen when you post to disable them.

~:)

it says, smilies active, or on, and I still can't see them

AggonyKing
02-14-2005, 18:30
I can only see them when I enter the Shogun board

TosaInu
02-14-2005, 18:42
Smilies are the same for each skin, which one are you using normally?

AggonyKing
02-14-2005, 18:44
Smilies are the same for each skin, which one are you using normally?

experimental

TosaInu
02-14-2005, 18:55
Experimental is originally made to offer extra writing space for writers. The smilies are removed to create that extra space. At the bottom of the post compile page is a link (more) that will show smilies in a new window.

If you're using a modern webbrowser, you can also use the WYSIWYG editor (UserCP/Edit Options/bottom of page). Then you'll get a fancy dropdown menu next to Font, Size, and Color.

AggonyKing
02-14-2005, 19:07
so that was the problem, thanks ~:cheers:

TosaInu
02-14-2005, 19:13
You're welcome.