PDA

View Full Version : New subfora needed?

Paul Peru
02-16-2005, 12:17
There are examples of mudslinging, automatical gainsaying, trolling, spamming, flaming pigs(baconing), eggsing, etc. all over the place. I think it's OK by me that some people want to have childish TW-related arguments, but it's not of great interest to me in the long run.

Why not create the follwing havens for the so inclined:
Complaints
Arguments
Abuse

I think they should be below the Colosseum, because that's where it's "at". Good imagery as well.

Moderators could move threads there when appropriate, so those who have no yearning for those branches of communication can be spared the pollution?

I'm sorry, but this is abuse. Moved downstairs

I thought about a forum for people who are rude/hostile on odd-numbered postings and polite/friendly on the other half, but it may be to fringy.

I'll go post in the "Silly" forum now.

therother
02-16-2005, 13:17
Hmm, my understanding of the opinions of the staff, and TosaInu in particular, is that they see these forums as a place where people come together and discuss things in a civil and respectful manner, where new members are treated as warmly as old hands, and everyone can have some fun.

IMO, the problem with having a forum (or forums) such as you suggest is the very real possibility of arguments and personal animosities spilling out into the main forums, disrupting the enjoyment for other members. I think none of us would like to see that.

The_Emperor
02-16-2005, 15:06
We do not need another subforum.

Complaints about users should be directed towards the Mods, and of course the Watchtower is certainly the place for board policy discussion.

I am of the opinion that when you create a seperate home for 'abuse' in a subforum you end up encouraging it. Yet we shouldn't need to do so as it is a moderating issue if patrons do become abusive towards each other.

Its up to the patrons to be civil to each other and if that is not enough for some people then the Mods should be notified, and they will take the appropriate action.

King Edward
02-16-2005, 15:25
After the recent issues discussed in the watchtower I agree that we DONT need a forum for abuse, there shouldent be any abuse as The Emperor pointed out. The system works fine as it is thanks to the work of the Mods Here. ~:grouphug:

Gregoshi
02-17-2005, 16:25
The recent addition of Nelson to help Catiline moderate the Colosseum should help with any unruly behaviour in that forum. As has been said by the previous posters, please PM the moderators if you see another patron acting out of line. Sometimes we don't have the time or simply miss these instances of uncivil behaviour, so any assistance you can provide by notifying us of these cases is greatly appreciated.

JAG
02-18-2005, 02:52
More moderators / more active ones, should sort it out, we most definately do not need sub forums like you ask, I think that would be a step back.