PDA

View Full Version : Sounds Editor

HenryLet
02-16-2005, 21:57
I have just succeeded in decoding the RTW sound files from DAT file format into mp3 using a program by Vercingetorix. This executer allows you to decode these DAT files and put all the sounds file into the correct folders planned by the game developers. For instance the Several SOngs in the game are all put into the Music folder whereas the Voice sounds are in divided in two main folders: Human (voices) and Animal (voices) inside the Voice folder.

I tried to launch the game removing the DAT files and leaving in the sound folder only the sound files decoded by the Vercigetorix program. I thought the game would have worked out the same because if you open Export sound files txts, inside data folder, you can see that sound files are classified according to the folders created by the Vercigetorix program.
So for instance the path for a General's speech sound is: data/sound/Voice/Human/General_Speech etc.

But Unfortunately the game crashed!!!
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING MORE ABOUT SOUND FILES, IN ORDER TO MODIFING THEM AFTER?tHANKS A LOT!! :help: