PDA

View Full Version : Salam

Nothing_Grows
02-17-2005, 01:10
First,i would like to apologize for my english. I just learn english i am pakistani. Sorry also for my putting in the post if i have posted here in the wrong place.

I play Rome total war a lot and its verry good. I heard of this mod and i like it. I have suggestion and comments to make. Sorry again if posted in wrong place or not allowed. You said that you put wonders out of map and stuff, and instead put as buildings. This is ok, but i was wondering 2 things. First, couldn't they get destroyed by stupid computer, and then, wouldn't they then have to appear in the cities. Just some warning for what you do. I like what you do, keep up good work.

sorry for english again i just have learned :embarassed:

Sarcasm
02-17-2005, 01:43
Welcome to the board. Don´t worry about your english. A lot of people here are not native speakers (myself included). Just look at it this way, you can speak english a lot better than most people here can speak Punjabi, Sindhi, Siraiki, Pashtu or whatever is your mother-tongue.

BTW, EB is currently working on Indo-Greek factions....maybe you have some skills they could use?

I think it´s possible to make buildings undistructible, like the governor buildings or the farms, as for making the wonders outside the town, I´m hardly the person to answer.

Keep posting. ~:cheers:

Big_John
02-17-2005, 02:05
you can speak english a lot better than most people here can speak Punjabi, Sindhi, Siraiki, Pashtu or whatever is your mother-tongue.not to mention urdu ~;)

nothing_grows, where in pakistan are you from? just curious, i traveled around your country a few years ago.

Sarcasm
02-17-2005, 02:44
lol.....forgot the official one....but you got the point. ~D

Big_John
02-17-2005, 05:05
lol.....forgot the official one....but you got the point. ~Dactually, most of the pakistanis i met learned english before they learned urdu. they learned their tribal tongue growing up, then english for efficacy, then urdu. so you're more on point.

Sarcasm
02-17-2005, 05:34
Yeah....the most spoken ones were the ones I remembered first...It´s kind of funny to see that the official language is actually one of the least spoken. Most people speak Punjabi and Sindhi right? :book:

Big_John
02-17-2005, 07:02
Yeah....the most spoken ones were the ones I remembered first...It´s kind of funny to see that the official language is actually one of the least spoken. Most people speak Punjabi and Sindhi right? :book:i don't recall the exact demographics, but i'm pretty sure the vast majority of pakistanis are punjabi, followed distantly by the sindhi and pashtun (pattan). there are many other groups of course.

Nothing_Grows
02-17-2005, 16:21
Yes is true most are punjabi people. I myself are pashtun (which is afghani more than pakistani). Also yes we learn english first because of british that controlled pakistan. However, as education is not as advanced, english speaking is not as smooth. I speak pashtu little some, and most are speak punjabi, sindi like you said. If you can put up with english i would be good and like to help history for your guys as well (for ancient central asia and things that you said). I would help with programming, but is worse than my english. So if any of you need my help i will be as generous to you as you were to me. ~:)

also big J, where in pakistan did you go to? i am glad you have the stomach to travell to such a country, it is very brave and good of you to do. Hope you enjoyed where you went. So where and why did you go?

Mouzafphaerre
02-17-2005, 16:47
-
Welcome Nothing Grows! (And upon you Selam. :bow:) My Arabic teacher (don't take it as much as it offers, we never had the time to study throughly) studied in Pakistan for six and half years (mastered in Hadith; proficient in Arabic, Farsi and Urdu).

If you are into history, your contributions will be most welcome at the Monastry. ~:)
-

Big_John
02-18-2005, 00:35
nothing_grows, i was all over the place in pakistan, but only in the northern half really. since you are a pashtun, am i right to assume you live in the NWFP? i spent a good deal of time in peshawar, i stayed in a mansion in hayatabad. i even went to a shadi there. oh, and i ate some afghan food at a restaurant (can't recall the name off the top of my head) with an american consulate official.. it was good, but odd food for me (i prefer pakistani). the guards even drove me into the khyber agency area for a little bit, after i had tea with them for like 2 hours (but we were turned back after 30 minutes by some other guards lol).

i also spent time in lahore, islamabad, rawalpindi, aliabad/karimabad and gilgit. i think the farthest south i went was multan (i didn't go into the sind or baluchistan at all). well, no i landed in karachi, but i didn't stay there at all. it didn't take any courage really, this was pre-9/11 of course. i had a big beard then and wore the appropriate clothing, so i was treated extremely well ~:) (in fact, some of the people were overly polite for my liking, if you know what i mean).

the only thing i did that took any courage was riding in a tiny suzuki up the KKH from abbottabad to karimabad! oh, and there was one creepy dude i met in chilas that tried to convince me that the "american empire" will crumble before 2050 ~:eek:. pakistan is a great country, hopefully, i'll get back there sometime!

oh and, assalam alaikum.

Nothing_Grows
02-18-2005, 01:18
Walakum Asalam. You are a remarkable man john. If i assume you are american, you know very much about other cultures, people and ways. If all people were as generous and open as you, maybe problems wouldnt be like today. I spent childhood in wazir district, and travelled down into peshawar. I lived there untill maybe 14 and moved to karachi, as my fathers police force transfered. I studied at a catholic bording school there, where i learned english (which is why it is so choppy as i didn't learn it from birth as others did). I go to america recently and am working to recieve master in moghul history at ucla. I desire go later back to pakistan or afghanista (if i dont get sent to guantanemo bay first :embarassed: ) However, i also love ancient history, and if it involves home, i love it twice as much. So if any help is needed on the historical end of my country, please ask.
Apkae dost

Taimour Taswer Khan

Big_John
02-18-2005, 02:09
i'm not so remarkable really, but thanks.
but you are right, more people should be like me! ~D
and yes, i'm american, grew up in oklahoma, live in ohio now.

anyway, i hope you find a place in this EB mod, it sounds like it's going to be great. maybe you can help them with the bactrians, assuming they need any assistance. good luck with the studies, the moghuls were awesome. they had great style too (i spent a good deal of time at the hiran minar and the lahore fort).

aap ka dost,
darius (no, my real name isn't john.. and no, i'm not parsi ~;))

Nothing_Grows
02-18-2005, 03:09
Mouzafphaerre, mey apkae flag boought pasand hey ~;) especially the part with the sword eating the star of david

Mouzafphaerre
02-18-2005, 03:28
-
Hehe, it's my teacher who's poficient in those languages and Hadith not me...

Anyway, I believe I got it. The sword isn't eating the star at all. There's a thread somewhere in the Monastry where I explained the flag in detail. Let me dig it out for you...

Here it is. ~;)
-

Nothing_Grows
02-18-2005, 04:11
Ah, much apologies, i thought i had a brother in language with which to show the secrets of the world to. ~;) where did you get these muslim embelems, i would like one for myself.

Famous quote up in tribal waziristan:

They call us kutchera (trash) because of our apparent lack of wealth and proficiency. No matter. That is only because dead and rotting soviets are not a recognized currency quite yet.

Mouzafphaerre
02-18-2005, 04:26
-
The flag, I made myself mostly. I also made some variations but this one stuck with me. ~;) I found Hayreddin's standard somewhere on the web. Maybe an amateur's site, I don't remember.

What do you have particular in mind? Maybe I can arrange something. ~;)
-

Nothing_Grows
02-21-2005, 03:22
I would like if you could find something that maybe parthia had (since we are in the time frame). If not anything central asian could be nice please. Also, if any of you have connections to those who are in charge of the beta testing, i would like to be allowed to test the beta for you, if any of you would be so kind.

Shookria, or Ghoodaffes.

Taimour

EDIT: Mouzzaphere, where are you from and located at the presentmay i ask?

Mouzafphaerre
02-21-2005, 10:55
-
I'm from Istanbul. ~:)

Sharrukin, Steppe Mercanery and several others will be much more efficient in helping you about anything Parthian. Either they will see this and jump in, or you'll send them PMs. ~;)
-

Nothing_Grows
02-25-2005, 01:16
Been thinking for a while, how about the parthian faction icon that you guys are working on in the EB mod, if you guys have it done i mean. If not, ill wait patiently ~:)

The Wizard
02-26-2005, 03:20
Yeah, add me to that PM list if you please... I am also on the Parthians and am currently finishing my suggestions for the unit list ~;)

~Wiz

Nothing_Grows
02-26-2005, 23:22
:embarassed: umm................i am new though, sorry i dont know how to pm, if someone could tell me how i appreciate it

EDIT: oh never mind, i know how now, thanks i would like to see the parthian unit icon, thanks