PDA

View Full Version : Sans of Bitchu Clan...a clan for newbies.

Mudge
08-21-2001, 00:13
It's all very well for you Xperts with your Shogun Warlord and the like but there are still those in the community who want to get to grips with original STW.

Now, I need some help from those in the know. I would like to set up a clan specifically for newbies who want to get to grips with what the online community is about, including myself, and then when they feel they are able they can go off and join another clan and mix it with the big boys and girls.

So how to I go about setting up the clan?

If I get the relevant info then I'll register online and set it up, assuming there are fellow newbies that are interested. As you may have gathered, I'm not interested in so called competitive play, it will be strictly for "friendlies."

Any fellow newbies who would be interested in joining the clan would you please post your interest here so I can assess whether it is worthwhile setting it up.

Cheers,

Mudge,

Heir apparent to the....

Sans of Bitchu Clan.

Swoosh So
08-21-2001, 01:08
I think you have good idea there , and it will help newbies learn the experience of team play which will also boost them somewhat in the clan players eyes, too often do we play 4 newbies who havent had the chance to work as a team, i think your idea will improve these players alot as they can learn from each other in the games they lose and the games they win...... also i think a website is essential if the idea takes off as it gives the clan a stong sense of identity and a forum where u can communicate with the other members while not online at the same time.

Swoosh of Grey Wolves

HoooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwll

[This message has been edited by Swoosh So (edited 08-20-2001).]

monkeydan
08-21-2001, 01:17
Hey Mudge - great idea! As a fellow newbie (especially to MP), I absolutely understand wanting to have some way of training/learning the ropes. I hope your clan takes off.

Shiro
08-21-2001, 05:39
This needs to be in the Clan (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=4&SUBMIT=Go) forum. See it there.

Satake
08-21-2001, 06:07
Sans of bitchu? hehehe

Good luck on this clan idea!
Try making a website , recruit some players on EA and here. Good luck again http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Polar
08-21-2001, 06:09
LOL@Satake http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

Mudge
08-21-2001, 15:44
The Sans of Bitchu is formally registered. If you are a newbie and would like to join then post here or e-mail me and I will be in touch when the clan is up and running. A web site is in the pipeline, I will provide details in due course.

I hope the STW community will support this initiative, it is hoped it will give all newbies an opportunity to be amongst fellow beginners so experiences and problems can be shared. If all goes to plan, Clan members will be encouraged to look to join other clans when they have "graduated." It is hoped the community will come to recognize the Sans of Bitchu Clan members will have attained a degree of competance to compete freely against other clan members and they will have decent opposition. You never know, the so called Xperts could be in for a surprise, this old fox has a few tricks up his sleeve!

So, if Shinobi from other clans what to seek out emerging talent in Sans of B1tchu Clan they are most welcome! I would be grateful however if there are some die hard members remain to help mentor "new" newbies.

Please give this clan your support, it is good for the prestige of the clan and it is good for the game.

Mudgesan,

Diamyo, Sans of Bitchu Clan.

Mudge
08-21-2001, 15:50
Please note...Sans of Bitchu is registered as Sans of B1tchu. This is because "Bitchu" was considered a swear word rather than a province in Japan!!1

In the States the term "Bitch" is considered to be a more potent swear word than in Britain where it is a bit "camp," or a phrase used by Blacks for their womenfolk where is is not considered to be vulgar or rude.

Ah well...there you go.

Mudgesan,

Diamyo, Sans of Bitchu Clan.

monkeydan
08-23-2001, 01:36
Mudge-sama,

Post here when the site goes active - I'd like to see it soon!

P.S. - Your sig says "Diamyo" instead of "Daimyo" (just a friendly heads-up)

monkeydan
08-23-2001, 02:13
Hey Mudge -

Why don't you pop into the Clan Profiles thread and post a description of the clan? It would let people who are looking for a clan know what the Sans are about.

Mudge
08-23-2001, 16:10
Daimyo...of course...OOOps...that's cut and paste for you *lol*, thanks for that.

Mudge
08-23-2001, 17:33
Hey Monkeydan,

I've posted details in the Clan thread as suggested, thank you for your help.

Mudgesan.

[Won-Ton] Atlus
08-24-2001, 01:54
hmmm... i think you guys are on to something that could increase the abilities of all the players in shogun... say that there was a training clan such as yours developed, or perhaps a couple (healthy competition), and you had the "students" learn by fighting eachother and their clan leaders... Im not quite sure if it would work the same with the "newbies teaching newbies" approach, but it could lead to producing some top notch players....

DarthGuru
08-24-2001, 04:07
Yes I agree,
Great idea http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif .. Somewhat like a training school. If you would like any help you can contact me at KenchiDarthGuru. I'd be glad to help any newbies find his head http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/tongue.gif

Yagyu Emissary Kensen
08-24-2001, 07:21
Quote Originally posted by [Won-Ton] Atlus:
hmmm... i think you guys are on to something that could increase the abilities of all the players in shogun... say that there was a training clan such as yours developed, or perhaps a couple (healthy competition), and you had the "students" learn by fighting eachother and their clan leaders... Im not quite sure if it would work the same with the "newbies teaching newbies" approach, but it could lead to producing some top notch players....[/QUOTE]

Wontons new name FearofNewbies.

NoFearWonton
08-24-2001, 10:10
i told you man, people with the prefix "fear of" are in the Fear clan. I am a NoFear. my name would be NoFearNewbies

08-24-2001, 23:28
Fearof****** Mori are of clan Fearful Ways.

NoFear******* Ito are of clan No Fear.

Terazawa
Daimyo of Clan No Fear

------------------
Honour to Clan No Fear.

Visit my resource centre here! (http://terazawa.totalwar.org)
Evil is within us... http://terazawa.totalwar.org/emo.gif

NoFearWonton
08-25-2001, 02:21
so HA!

tungstenca
08-27-2001, 13:41
Mudgesan,

I'd be interested in more info about the clan as well. Total newbie.

tungstenca

monkeydan
08-28-2001, 20:59
Hey Mudge-sama,

Any luck with slapping together a website? I'm sure that there are many newbies keeping an eye on this thread hoping to get a sense of when they can get in on this training biz.

(I know a website takes time and effort - but my MP status is IMPETUOUS)

Mudge
08-29-2001, 20:05
Thank you all for your posts, most encouraging.

Due to work commitments the web site is delayed but I will get it up and running as soon as I can.

Please register as a clan member and get playing online. I would welcome feedback on your experiences which we can all analyse and look at what was good and what was not so good. I will be kicking off some thoughts on tactics to try out (we all must have some "tricks" we want to try). I hope clan members will try out my ideas and come up with ideas of their own. Don't be afraid of "pinching" other player ideas and letting us know...we are a training clan after all and the more "ideas" that are flying around the better!

So that's the scoop.

I'll put out my usual reminder... that if you register and join the clan on the STW website that the Clan name is Sans of B1tchu using a one not an i.
Look forward to meeting up with you all once I get a chance to go online!

Any problems, comments and ideas then mail me: Gandalf_39a@hotmail.com

Mudgesan,

Daimyo,

Sans of Bitchu Clan.

Mudge
09-17-2001, 21:27
Clan Members and Newbies looking for a clan...

I am hoping to meet up with members online, weekend is best, but I also want to encourage members to meet up according to their time zones, please get in touch E-Mail gandalf_39a@hotmail.com.
and I will distribute updated list of Clan members so you can get in touch with each other..

The web site is on the back burner for a while due to work commitments but I will distribute bulletins by e-mail.

For newbies,please read previous posts to find out what the Sans of Bitchu Clan is all about.

Mudgesan,
Daimyo,
Sans of Bitchu Clan.