PDA

View Full Version : policy notice

A.Saturnus
02-18-2005, 21:17
In my opinion, there are no human races. I don´t want to start a discussion about that. It should suffice that I agree in that aspect with a significant number of biologists and anthropolists.
Human is seperated in ethnic groups, however, even that is rather arbitrary. There´s no secure genetic criterium to distinguish ethnic groups.
Since there are no races, does that mean you can´t actually be racist? No, even if you agree with that fact. Even though ethnic groups are rather a sociocultural construct than a biological characteristic, it is considered inappropriate and offensive to make sweeping statements that classify an entire ethnic group in a negative way. "Ethnic group" can be seen as a broad term here. Any generalizations that blame, degrade or insult people just for participation to a certain group, are considered a violaton of the forum rules and will warrant moderator action.

I do not put that to discussion. I merely want to inform anyone how I´m going to apply the forum rules in the Tavern. Thank you.

Saturnus

Byzantine Prince
02-18-2005, 21:40
The racial theory was created as a way to discriminate and for propagandist ideologies. Nothing good has come of it from the time it was created. We just need to call it for what it is: ignorance.

I do however beleave in ethnic backgrounds. It makes some sense but not in a discrinatory manner. I like having some pride in the place where I come from. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Templar Knight
02-18-2005, 23:18
sounds fair A.Saturnus, just take no bull

ah_dut
02-19-2005, 00:30
sounds fair A.Saturnus, just take no bull
yup...do what you have to...

JAG
02-19-2005, 02:49
Seems very fair to me.

Mouzafphaerre
02-19-2005, 03:54
-
Oh, come on now Sat! We all know that the Elves are the superior race; by genesis and by nature. They are the gifted sons of heavens sent down to earth to civilize the savage Orcs. It's been proven by science as well. Take an Elf and and Orc, place them in a tube with 200 cc...

Hehe... Nice call there. You have my full support for whatever that is worth. ~:)

:medievalcheers:
-

Uesugi Kenshin
02-19-2005, 04:44
Oi!

What aboot the dwarves laddy????

I agree Saturnus, do what you have to do. Oh I don't go to the tavern? Oh well I still support you.....

Kaiser of Arabia
02-19-2005, 05:00
*Salutes Soviet Flag*
I know, that was random but i was listening ot the anthem then...

Seems fair sat, good luck.
(Discusses cause it aint up for discussion ~;) )