PDA

View Full Version : Modern: Total War?, Future invasion: total war?

ShadowStriker
02-25-2005, 03:03
i was just wondering if the was ever going to be a future__invasion total war

or modern total war..... i thought i heard somewhere someone was making a halo mod is this true?

Balin son of Fundin
02-26-2005, 22:38
nah, no1 is making a halo mod atm - although i did mention the idea that somebody could - i would make it but i have no modding skills :(

Bwian
02-27-2005, 14:50
The big problem with any kind of 'future' war is down to the basic method of fighting. Lines of troops in regular order went out with the invention of the Machine Gun.

In order to make a workable mod, you would need to change the way missile troops work, so that they don't volley fire, and refuse to engage at close range with missiles.

About the last time period that troops still fought shoulder to shoulder in formation was Napoleonic. Come the end of the 19th Century, weapon technology had made any such formation marching suicidal. Also, with the accuracy of the modern weapons, there was no need for volley fire to achieve any kind of damaging attack. When muskets gave way to repeating rifles, troops started to try and avoid getting shot!!!

Anyway...not wanting to dampen anyones enthusiasm, but realistically, the basic functionality of the game is against any kind of modern warfare. You are going to have to solve a LOT of problems. Making the units will be easy. Makingthem fight convincingly will be a HUGE undertaking and may not be possible at all.

ShadowStriker
03-19-2005, 01:47
shoulda posted this a long time ago: Star Wars Republic: Total War in the making, heres the forum!

http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/forums/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=76