PDA

View Full Version : GUNS for RTW version

Eastside Character
02-28-2005, 20:44
I've been lately wondering quite a bit if anyone , and I don't mean in team but at all, modded in any kids of rifles or artillery? The way I see the RTW version progressing, there are units being made, but I haven't yet seen a single shot from a firle or (better) some big cannon. Prehaps it is possible to make new models for projectile siege weaponry, and use big stones as cannot balls.
Without artillery and other guns it aint Pike&Musket but ... Pike only? Any ideas on how can guns be modded in?

Regards
EC

Lord Havelock Vetinari
02-28-2005, 20:52
Didn't the sengoku Jidai team manage to create a working unit of musketeers with the RTW engine?

Sundjata Keita
02-28-2005, 21:01
Once I have made some animations for the muskets I change the ammo to slingers ammo and then you have to reduce the size I think. Don't know about smoke effects though. I presume this can be done because there are smoke effects off the ground when troops move.

QwertyMIDX
03-15-2005, 10:52
Citadel seems to have gotten it working...
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=718497#post718497

Eastside Character
03-15-2005, 14:06
Yeah, looks promising. Only there's too much smoke I think. I mean I know they could have some poor quality gunpowder, but those clouds on the screens seem just too much. Anyway its a good news that guns work fine.

I'm wondering about artillery tho; will the cannons be like balistas/onagers type of equipment, or what?

Regards
EC

SwordsMaster
03-15-2005, 14:27
I'm wondering about artillery tho; will the cannons be like balistas/onagers type of equipment, or what?

It doesnt seem like we have many alternatives... ~;)

Lord Havelock Vetinari
03-15-2005, 17:10
I think the ammount of smoke is ok, if you look at 17th century battle paintings there is a LOT of it.

Ignoramus
03-16-2005, 10:40
Hey, GodsPetMonkey made the smoke much bigger than it will be in the game, because it looks better in screenshots. We probably can help you in this regard, espically as Renaissance and onwards mods aren't much good without guns.