PDA

View Full Version : the kindom of heaven, i go to valhalla

master of the puppets
03-01-2005, 18:12
around a gilded table the greats feast, Julius Caesar chats with Patton, Alexander makes a toast, Hannibal laughs with Scipio Africanus, and Staughenburg drinks deep with Rameses II, Octavios snorts at a joke from Napoleon, and when the reaper comes to me I shall sit beside them. For this is the golden halls of heaven, of Valhalla, of every convention of a beautiful afterlife. here there is no quarrel, in this hall enemies feel no hate for one another, there is only joy and laughter.

Around this table a thousand others spread in all directions, all round to show there equality all shine gold and sport the finest food of any time, and to will a dish is to have it before you. all the royally carved goblets overflow with the most wondrous drink yet not a drop is spilt upon the green marble floor. as these foods are tasted a tingle goes down your spine, these dishes are utter pleasure, fit only for the highest god. rising around these tables the delicately carved walls reach to the sky, gold, diamonds, and pearls embed in the ivory walls. there is no ceiling for there is no rain, nor wind to be protected against. the sky is the most wonderful blue and the occasional drizzle is warm and sweet to the tongue. there the peoples who have died a worthy death or lived the life as a warrior.

all men feast as allies, they laugh together telling tales of there life and there deaths, yet there is no sorrow of dying. they may meet the men who killed them but still there is no hatred, they know there better but call him friend. there is no sorrow about friends lost in life now, for they too sit at this table. about the mens feet there children play and beside them there wives are restored to the perfect beauty. there fathers and grandfathers and great-grandfathers before them going back to the beggining of time,they all sit here too. there are no lackof tales or songs, or a million toungs to speak it, and yet there i only 1 language which all speak.

these men all laugh and sing and feast until they are full and there hearts burst with joy, then the great horn sounds. on this day outside the hall in the plain of eternal combat the armies of old egypt shall face that of the viking lords. every man who loved the combat, who felt joy on the battlefield within these two nations will go out to fight. armies of every warrior who had died for there nations, armies of millions go to fight. each led by a great general the two sides would clash, in the initial charge onehundred thousand men are felled. as a blade passes through there flesh they fall into dust and they reappear in the hall. they laugh nd feast again. after three days of fighting the victorios egyptian march into the hall, hands raised over there heads in triumph. the people of the hall cheer for the victors. even now the greek navy is preparing to fight the japanes fleet upon the great lake where the great warhips are moored. people line the shores and watch the spectacle, as the ships are sunk there crew reappear in the hall andthe ships rise from the sea bed, whole again. there battles are pleasure, for this is my vision of vallhala, where the brave may live forever.

i have no knoledge of where the timid, the cruel, the loving, the peacful go upon there death but this is my idea of valhalla.

ok this is my vision of a cool after life, i mean if thats where we go when we die i'm joinin the army as soon as possible. well its an ok story...right?

The Stranger
03-02-2005, 09:48
i hope i'll meet you there once, after i've send you there.

AntiochusIII
03-02-2005, 23:16
Sounds like an episode of a stupid Cartoon Network show (why did I watch that, then?) ~;)

BUTTTTT.... I like this writing. Just comparing the similarity. DON'T mistake me for trying to insult such a great honorable (not so? ~D ) person ~D

master of the puppets
03-05-2005, 04:06
honor hahahaha

what show was it? i just read a book on all sorts of gods, celtic, norse, and greek (certain cults of Ares) legends of the afterlife are all consistant with endless feastin and combat.

just for the hell of it i decided that i would elaborate on my hope of the afterlife, no real depth to it, just sayin.

Monk
03-10-2005, 03:27
interesting story; i always did find the concept of a warrior's paradise to be quite fascinating. Old enemies could get together and try to best one another once more, and at the end of the day no one really dies because...they're already dead! ~D

Welcome to the Mead Hall master of the puppets. I hope you enjoy the stories here and maybe add a few more. ~:cheers:

master of the puppets
03-14-2005, 14:24
thank you
\
oh and wicked signature

master of the puppets
03-17-2005, 14:27
...you know you may write your own beliefs of the after life

Quietus
03-17-2005, 21:07
Hey Master of the puppets,

You do have a bright and positive imagination ~:) . Perhaps you should write a dialogue between those figures you've mentioned ~;)

master of the puppets
03-20-2005, 21:32
varg deshharg raised the great horn to his chapped lips, the squeeling while still bass flow of sound rushed over the field. he threw down the horn and raised the great bastard sword. the battle that had raged for 5 hours now was about to end. Varg deshharg, who in death would be called hell bringer, called the last group of able norsemen together. there upon the frost covered hill he roared to his battle fatigued men "in your head, you see the english, they who wpould kill you andtake your land. how many have died upon your blades, for every one of us 4 of they lie dead. yet we cannot win" The grand Varg looked down the hill, over the heads of his sobered men, there hundreds of english soldiers charging, there armor swords and halberts glistened. it would take a minute or to for them to get within distance. they norse were outnumbered 30 to one. "Now, the god odin stares down on us. he cries tears of fire for us. now its time to go to vallhalla." he raised the sword once more and screamed a scream of fury. his men roared with him not a hundred left yet they defied the largest army england had now to offer. amid the screaming Varg dismounted his war charger and tured to his beardless son who clutched his longbow. quietly now varg said "boy raise the men of the countryside, tell them we died in honor, and have thinned the ranks of the english. raise them to fight for the land the grew on... i give you my kingdom boy." ther young blond now had tears streaming down his face. Varg effortlessly lifted the boy and saddled him upon the charger. with a slap, varg sent the charger a running down the hill away from the english.

Varg turned and said in a whisper "Odin keep me" the words came out in a spume of misty breath. and with a mad scream he pushed through his own men and when free of the throng Varg hurled himself down the hill, twards the english. his men poured down behind him. Varg was running so fast, he felt his heart beat in his ears, his plate armor jangled upon itself. Varg was far infront of his men, and he was the first to hit.

the two forces charged and varg slammed into the first chain mailed enemy. the momentum plus the downward slope pulled them both to the ground. Varg hit and rolled nonto the ground knocking 4 english to the ground. stopped ontop of one of the english man, Varg was lucky enough to react fast and put a knife into the englishmans throat. blood sprayed vargs face, adding to his already fearsome appearence.

more to come (dont worry this will leadup to a story of heaven)

master of the puppets
03-20-2005, 22:31
Varg pushed himself up. he saw the back of an engishmen. with a slash the englishmen was nearely cut in half. quickly varg killed 5 more and then he` was surrounded. circled by these enlish some did not notice his presence but was merely conviniently placed. with a roar and a crunch the the huge sword of the varg ate through armor and flesh. two enemies dropped screaming as there life-blood poured out of there arteries. an english broadsword swung at the vargs head, it was quickly evaded and countered by a vicios thrust. another sword glanced off the vargs fine armor. the great norse leader swung his sword but the englishmen pulled back, two more attacks fared the same. it was at that time that a spear cut into the vargs arm. he roared in anguish and tried to counter attack. a sword dented the vargs helm but did little more than enrage the warrior. the vargs sword broke the face of a soldier, and huge battle ax dug into a englishmens back as two other norse warriors broke threw to aid there king. with renewed vigor the three norse charged forth and crushed seven englishmen in a howel of furios vengence. the norse numbers began to dwindal as one of the vargs felows fell with a spear in his spine. it was at that time the english cavalry charged. there huge stallions broke into both norse and english. the knights completely disrgarding there lowly footsoldiers. plowing through the infantry the knights attemted to get to the norse, crushing all before them. the varg only first saw a knight when his sword plunged into a norse warrior next to the varg. the sword cut deep into the norses shoulder and with a huge swing the varg struck the knight in the stomech pushing him off the back of the horse and the fall snapped the knights back. with a terrible roar proggressing from the vargs throat he pulled himself up upon the knights horse and spured himself forward. it was far easier to strike down the enemies from the back of a horse like that he had trained upon than on the ground. slashing wildly he brought down many more and then the varg found himself in the midst of 18 norse. all of the norse skitishly looked about twards the fleeing english. hundreds were running from the stationary band of norse before there unbeliving eyes. a few norse let out cheers and worried laughs. but the band roared in fear in as they saw the some sixty longbow archers come into formation. every norse charged but a hail of arrows brought them down. even the varg took two arrows in his chest, and fell off the back of the horse. as he lay he wondered why it did not hurt, the touched the wound and brought his hand away sticky with blood.

As the varg lay spread eagle upon the ground dying he prayed not for life, but for remembrance. he prayed that he would go to valhalla. and slowly he pulled the sword to him and layed it upon his chest. and with one more prayer he closed his eyes and embraced the coldness of death.

ok so i don't like this bit very much (not because of his death but how poorly its written) but it may get better.

master of the puppets
03-20-2005, 23:44
The varg heard a womans chittering laugh and felt a brisk air upon him. he could not feel the ground beneath them. he felt warm on the inside, and could not feel the heavy armor upon him, but he could still feel his sword griped tightly in his fists. the beautifully voice said "arise little brother," The varg could not tell wheather your voice was from within his head or outside "come warrior, your path has come to the final light. and for you no more pain shall exist" a light hand layed itself upon the vargs cheek. he grudgingly opened his eyes and all to be seen was blue of the sky permeated by swirling clouds. before him the most lovely women to ever seen giggled at his shocked looks. she was tall and thin, her thin blue eyes were lined with dark make-up that made them radiant. her hair shiny, and brown bounced loosely under the wing flanked helm. her pale skin was smooth and rosy at the cheeks. "you may rise, warrior" Varg realised that he was still laying back, with no more than a whim he was upright. "Fair Valkary, tell me what has became of my forces" asked the varg urgently. the valkary giggled again and said "there is no need for formalities warrior, your friends have all been taken from there bodies, they are meeting with others like me."

"what is to become of my family and land valkary?" "have i died in vain?" varg asked. the valkary floated forward and laid her hand on my cheek once more "you, legendary Varg, have brought upon the most deaths in any english battle than any before you. your lands are made safe by your fury, they shall prosper long after the death of your grandsons son." the varg digested this imformation and finnaly he asked the all important question. "and...where to now valkary?" he was awaiting to know if he would go vahalla and was highly surprised by the valkaries answer "and now varg, with me... we go to bed" she proceeded to press her womanly self against the muscular varg, only the vargs almighty will made him able to resist this heavanly onslaught. he was just able to stutter "but vvvalkary i remain loyal to my life WIFE, i mean wife" the valkary pulled herself away and let out a wild laugh "fair enough varg, by the way i was merely toying with you, you would have recieved nothing" a sly smile lined her face. next she said "in reality varg you go now to valhalla where you may live forever." she took his hand and through a pink and white wall of clouds she led him to valhalla.

LOL poor poor varg...i am quite pleased about this segment. well anyway i think i'm done writing for tonight, i am awaiting comments.

Quietus
03-22-2005, 00:48
Hey Master of the Puppets,

(Can I call you MOP for short?). I've read the first part last night. Initial comments:

Break down the larger paragraphs and separate the "dialogue" or "monologue" portions if possible. The readers will be confused taking this in huge chunks.

Think of a paragraph break as a pause. Readers need to pause too.
Also, look back at some words. There = location. Their = possessive. Try to write this off-line and use spellcheck.

I will have wait for more updates for comments on the story. Fine job and imaginative so far.

~:)

master of the puppets
03-22-2005, 14:14
thank you for the input quietus. that was always my problem spacing and tenses. lol one of my major ones when writing long stories (current best 175 pgs then got bored with story and stopped) is i switch from 1st to 3rd person. thanks again i'll write soon but i am writing this in school when my teacher isn't looking.

master of the puppets
03-24-2005, 03:45
i think the story is going to end here, i just don't care anymore

Arrowhead
03-24-2005, 09:31
Ok mop haha mop, hello mop. Where's your broom? Anyway great story.

P.S your teachers behind you. ~D

The Stranger
03-24-2005, 10:02
only AW89 and the old enemies are reunited on this forum but not as foes but as friends.

Emperor Umeu I
Master of the Puppets
Arrowhead
Uesugi Kenshin
Aw89 (he's not here)

master of the puppets
03-24-2005, 14:52
hey i'm all for a alliance

i was once enemies with you emporer but am now accepting you as an allie in the mead hall. a fellow writer. arrowhead i can live withfor a time

master of the puppets
03-24-2005, 15:10
since they are now friends i beseech you go to the post "stories around a fire built of corpses" and write a peice.