PDA

View Full Version : Should we have Scotland?

Ignoramus
03-02-2005, 03:37
General opinion is divided over this issue. Ranika and I think we should have Scotland.

Saranalos
03-02-2005, 03:48
No Ireland is the best choice imagine finally beating the english oppressors!(nah I'm just kidding) but Ireland would be the most fun to have I think.

Ignoramus
03-02-2005, 04:27
No Ireland is the best choice imagine finally beating the english oppressors!(nah I'm just kidding) but Ireland would be the most fun to have I think.

I think that you'll enjoy it more if we decide to do Feudal. There, Ireland will have 5 provinces!

Edit: I mean Ireland the Island will have 5 provinces. Ireland the faction would have two of those.

Saranalos
03-02-2005, 21:21
Yes but think of this. If we have scotland and The English one of them is going to be wiped out at a very early stage when the AI are controlling them, most likely its always going to be scotland. But if we have the Irish then they dont have to attack the british because they dont share borders with them. And the Irish will have a chance and If you vote you should also post and say why Scotland because otherwise there is no popular opinion just statistics and statistics are most often wrong.

two_Roses
03-02-2005, 22:06
Yes but think of this. If we have scotland and The English one of them is going to be wiped out at a very early stage when the AI are controlling them, most likely its always going to be scotland. But if we have the Irish then they dont have to attack the british because they dont share borders with them. And the Irish will have a chance and If you vote you should also post and say why Scotland because otherwise there is no popular opinion just statistics and statistics are most often wrong.

This isnt always the case, especially if we put England and Scotland as allies to start with (Like the Roman Factions), at least that way we could portray a peaceful period.........and we must not forget that at the end of the day, its a game and we cant make it 100% realistic because overall the factions are controled by AI and statistics of which are often wrong. ~;)

caesar44
03-04-2005, 23:16
way are you so sure that scotland will conq' england at all and if so why so fast ?
~:confused:

Saranalos
03-05-2005, 02:42
I'm sure that England will conquer scotland not Scotland conquer england

Uesugi Kenshin
03-05-2005, 04:57
It sounds like Scotland should have a decided disadvantage, but Thrace can become a major power in RTW.... The Seluecids can hold off the Egyptians for a long time while making a large empire, I do not trust RTW to behave in a reasonible manner when left to the AI. I am leaning towards Ireland for gameplay reasons, does anyone think we should use Ireland? (aka the majority)

If not we will put in Scotland and I will do my best to help with that, this is after all a mod for all of us.

Saranalos
03-05-2005, 06:43
Thrace become a major power? I never had in one of my games.

Uesugi Kenshin
03-06-2005, 04:43
Yeah, I think it happened because I took down the Brutii, which allowed Macedon and Greece to beat each other up without bothering Thrace and then I went on a Barbarian killing spree after taking Greece and finishing both Greek and Macedonian intervention into Thracian matters. They then expanded into the rebel states near them and took a couple of provinces from Dacia. I was the SPQR by the way.

Saranalos
03-06-2005, 11:23
Oh spqr... I dont like them its too buggy. And we should have only one thread to vote for Ireland or scotland otherwise its confusing maybe you can soft delete this one because it has too many options?

Uesugi Kenshin
03-07-2005, 04:31
I think this thread has served a purpose and we can all just let it die...

I hate ties.