PDA

View Full Version : Papal Crusades and Arenas

Ignoramus
03-02-2005, 11:06
How are we going to do the Papal Crusades? Also, what are we going to change the gladitorial games to?

King Clas
03-02-2005, 11:43
How about replacing gladitor games with knight justing (spelling?) and later on these will be uppgraded to theatres and perhaps operas...

Ignoramus
03-02-2005, 11:47
Good idea!

two_Roses
03-02-2005, 18:38
Hypodromes
------------

Changed to Jousting areanas - allows upgrade/availability to lance specific units

Ampthiertheartes
-----------------
Theatres - allows the creation of cannon units - I.E Shakespear's theatre - the cannon would go off to sound for the beginning of a show.

Just an idea.
Tom.

Uesugi Kenshin
03-03-2005, 04:36
Good ideas! I have no idea how we would do the crusades. I do not know if it is possible within the contraints of the game. I know we could make it an event based on a certain year but I do not think it would be binding. The closest I think we will get is having the papacy give the three "roman" factions missions. Make their attitude anti-muslim and such....

Ignoramus
03-03-2005, 05:04
Good ideas! I have no idea how we would do the crusades. I do not know if it is possible within the contraints of the game. I know we could make it an event based on a certain year but I do not think it would be binding. The closest I think we will get is having the papacy give the three "roman" factions missions. Make their attitude anti-muslim and such....

We should focus the arts on Italy. As it was the main centre and start of the renaissance, we should make its cities rich, and the arts reflecting Italian Culture as well as magnificant buildings.........

Eastside Character
03-03-2005, 22:19

Controlling senate missions is very much possible. I've tried it for P&M (to reduce Papal influence) and you can change this or that; like rewards, duration of missions, papal approval for your actions (if roman faction ofcourse) and you can decide if missions are random (so not only conquest missions, or conquest missions of some weird places) or if the missions should be mostly normal campaign choices, etc. etc. etc.. There are probably more options to explore...

Regards
EC

Uesugi Kenshin
03-04-2005, 04:20
That was what I was thinking, thanks for confirming it.