PDA

View Full Version : germanic faction

Skilfingr
03-03-2005, 12:11
hi,

first I have to say that EB is amazing, but I'm a bit disappointed, because the gaul and the briton faction are getting so much attention while the germanic faction is getting almost none.
if you need more (archaeological) information about germanic tribes, weapons and armor I could try to help out, but currently I'm very busy with my exams so it could take a while.

Nothing_Grows
03-03-2005, 16:28
Yes, i know where you are coming from, i too have a heavy desire to view some parthian and bactrian units. To be fair though, i believe that the EB mod works on units one faction at a time. So the reason that your rival gauls and britons are recieving more notice than your beloved germans (and my beloved parthians) is because they have not opened the package to the germans/parthians yet. Organizational matters probably. Trust me, youve seen what EB is pouring out, you wont be dissapointed (and neither will i, i hope). ~;)

Urnamma
03-03-2005, 17:40
This stuff takes time guys. However, our German team has produced several units so far, and one will probably be shown this week for the news post.

SaFe
03-03-2005, 18:22
Do not worry!
As Urnamma has already said - we are currently working on the germanics with much verve.
I'm sure that in the near future our public relations manager khelvan ~;)
can show you one or two germanic units in the screenshots-news thread.

khelvan
03-03-2005, 19:05
Ja, Herr!

Skilfingr
03-03-2005, 19:15
thank you for your quick reply.

If you have "produced" some units, I would really like to hear which ones, especially because I've no idea what you could use apart from speer warband, framen, light cavalry and maybe some swordsmen and inferior archers
I hope there are no berserkers. and of course no spatha or sax warriors and gothic cavalry.

I've read somewhere that you dropped the screeching woman. It's a pity. The ones in vanilla RTW were very bad - fighting woman ~D . But the idea was good and indeed Tacitus and other say that Germans had (sometimes) woman on the battlefield to encourage the warriors. So I think, it would be good to have a unit of let's say 20 - 40 woman, without weapons (so they can't fight) and very poor moral (so they can't even engage the fight - if they are attacked they flee or better they are constant in skirmish-mode). the only advantage of having these woman on the field would be big moral bonus (and may be an attack and charge bonus) to all germanic warrior near to them (or on the battlefield)

SaFe
03-03-2005, 19:15
Ja, Herr!

your german is perfect, Brian.
B.t.w. Greetings from my girlfriend ~;)

khelvan
03-03-2005, 19:26
I've read somewhere that you dropped the screeching woman. It's a pity. The ones in vanilla RTW were very bad - fighting woman ~D . But the idea was good and indeed Tacitus and other say that Germans had (sometimes) woman on the battlefield to encourage the warriors. So I think, it would be good to have a unit of let's say 20 - 40 woman, without weapons (so they can't fight) and very poor moral (so they can't even engage the fight - if they are attacked they flee or better they are constant in skirmish-mode). the only advantage of having these woman on the field would be big moral bonus (and may be an attack and charge bonus) to all germanic warrior near to them (or on the battlefield)We are making a mod about combat, we generally don't model non-combatants on the battlefield. The Germanic units will have morale bonuses where appropriate. Though this generally applies more to the baritus than adding women on the battlefield.

your german is perfect, Brian.
B.t.w. Greetings from my girlfriend Hah, you are a liar! I don't speak German, I only use phrases from video games, hehe! "Schnell! Los!!" Your English, however, is wonderful.

You should tell your girlfriend that she doesn't have to leave our chats, we don't mind!! Tell her "Guten Tag!" from me!

~:cool: