PDA

View Full Version : Teutonic Knights or Not?

Ignoramus
03-04-2005, 05:13
My argument is that it is better to have Saxony than the Teutonic Knights. Saxony was a major German state and the main centre of the Reformation.

Saranalos
03-04-2005, 05:19
Please post in an existing thread. It will get looked at just dont spam the Citadel total war forums. We have a unit list thread and other such stuff I'll pm uesugi and see if he can remove the 2 useless Unit threads. :stop:

caesar44
03-04-2005, 23:00
saxonia !!

cegorach
03-07-2005, 14:30
Your mod starts in 1402 ? Doesn't it ?

The entire XVth century was a struggle between Poland-Lithuania and the Order so they have to be there, unless you want to have Poland as a superpower after few years. ~;)

Lief
03-07-2005, 17:39
Yeah, I agree with cegorach1. Taking out the Teutonic Knights would remove a major player in the area. Not to mention they're units are so awesome looking.

caesar44
03-07-2005, 18:55
but then you have only 1 german kingdom as the hre

Yggdrasill
03-07-2005, 19:57
Jesus man there are still 2 slots free. Do your math before opening yet another thread and debate on the factions. One will most likely go to Scotland and the other will be the second German faction (Saxony). If you insist, although the idea is stupid, have Ireland instead of Scotland. But leave the Teutonic order, don't replace it for anything else since there is no need for that. You can't have both Ireland and Scotland so don't even think about it! Also, replacing one of the existing factions for Wallachia, an idea circulating around here, is also flawed. Wallachia in this period was a divided country, partly under the Hungarian nobles (Zapolya) which were vasslas of the Ottomans, and partly direct under the Ottomans (16th century). It was not independent, and was not a major player on the European stage.

I'm sorry to sound so harsh but on this I really have to voice my opinion and that is NO!

Ignoramus
03-07-2005, 22:02
But that would mean an area from Greece through the Balkans to Poland would all be rebel! Therefore Waltz in Turks, no resistace.

Yggdrasill
03-07-2005, 23:03
well that is how it actually happened. If it haden't been for Tamerlane and the battle of Ankara in 1402, the whole process would have been even faster. And by the way, there's no room for Timur Lenk either...

Uesugi Kenshin
03-08-2005, 04:34
I think we should keep the Tuetonic Knights, they remained a great influence on german society all the way up to World War II and were powerful during this period.
I agree Turkey did not have any trouble with Greece and that area, they controlled it before the fall of Constantinople! Constantinople didn't even help them that much, the main reason for it was to give Mehmet some credibility and prestige.

caesar44
03-08-2005, 19:45
Jesus man there are still 2 slots free. Do your math before opening yet another thread and debate on the factions. One will most likely go to Scotland and the other will be the second German faction (Saxony). If you insist, although the idea is stupid, have Ireland instead of Scotland. But leave the Teutonic order, don't replace it for anything else since there is no need for that. You can't have both Ireland and Scotland so don't even think about it! Also, replacing one of the existing factions for Wallachia, an idea circulating around here, is also flawed. Wallachia in this period was a divided country, partly under the Hungarian nobles (Zapolya) which were vasslas of the Ottomans, and partly direct under the Ottomans (16th century). It was not independent, and was not a major player on the European stage.

I'm sorry to sound so harsh but on this I really have to voice my opinion and that is NO!

hey
what happened ? who is talking here ha ?
silence !!!
i really did not know how many hre factions are on the mod so if you please tell me and add the logic behind the decision
leave jesus alone he is dead for 2005 years

Yggdrasill
03-08-2005, 20:37
Actually Jesus is ndead for 1975, give or take a year ~;)

There are 20 factions available. 18 are decided (including the Teutonic Order), one free will either be Scotland or Ireland (I like Scotland better), and the other can be the second German faction. Thus...I have spoken ~D

caesar44
03-09-2005, 13:51
ye ye ye
it happens...
33 ce some say (some 2,500,000,000)