PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to The Wheel of Time - Total War Forums

Myrddraal
03-05-2005, 14:32
Welcome to the WoT - TW mod forum.

The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth,

and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of

Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet

fall under the Shadow.

WoT - TW is an adaptation of the strategy game: "Rome - Totalwar", changing the subject of the game to the setting of the world of "The Wheel of Time", a series of books written by Robert Jordan.

As most of you will know, this mod was previously discussed in the Forge. This is our new sub-forum so please feel free to post your questions / suggestions / and support is always welcome.

Current Team members:
Myrddraal
Praetor
CrownOfSwords
Sephriel
Orb
NaeBlis
Black_Draen
TheDevil003
Andreas

I will be updating this forum soon with individual threads for each aspect of the mod.

Visit our website (http://82.68.81.226/david/WoT%20for%20Rome/)

Uesugi Kenshin
03-06-2005, 04:49
Hi, I am the team leader of Citadel: Total War and I would just like to congratulate you on getting a sub-forum in the hosted mods area. Good Luck on your mod!

Myrddraal
03-06-2005, 09:34
Thanks Uesugi.

Black_Draen
03-06-2005, 17:47
Thanks ~:)

I was quite surprised when I saw we had got our own forum - its really nice, I think I'll celebrate it with doing some balancing of the Battle-Test.

Orb
03-07-2005, 16:15
Myrdraal, please update the old website's Dev area. I just need to look at the other units to balance Andor properly. I don't know how weak or strong the other nations' units are. I have the Two Rivers units and the White Lions export_descr_unit entries done but I am not sure of what to do next.

Idea - White Lions = mercenaries or shadow. Andor's queens should not get them.

aw89
05-17-2005, 17:01
Website is down, fix?

Bar Kochba
05-24-2005, 14:17
these r based on the robert jordon books i read to book 8 and half way through i couldn't read it anymore it got soo boring and repetitive

Ldvs
05-24-2005, 19:44
these r based on the robert jordon books i read to book 8 and half way through i couldn't read it anymore it got soo boring and repetitive
Just skip the passages where he describes clothes (the worst part is in their world of dreams when dresses change all the time and he feels compelled to write a page about it...) and who's best at dealing with women between Rand Perrin and Mat, that's what I do ~D

Renly
05-25-2005, 01:40
Haha that's a good strategy, too bad I've already wasted half my life reading about Nynaeve 'smoothing out her dresses'

aleh
08-15-2005, 12:15
Alright, I've gotten bits and piecs, but there's something that yet escapes me,

Alright, so the game is set post-Shaido defeat at Caemlyn<I think>, but how long does the game last, and what's supposed to happen in it exactly?

Andreas
08-15-2005, 13:23
Well, we will have two eras: PRe-rand, which will start some 100 years before the fall of Malkeir, and will include the nations as they were before senachan and all that, and the rand era which will start with the battle of cairhien and include senchan, shaido instead of aiel and people of the dragon for example, here we will have channeling units.
The senate will be replaced with the Shadow, the roman houses with three trolloc tribes, and the goal for non-trollocs will be to defeat the darkone, and for trollocs to become nae'blis. And the game will last until you win, or lose, and it will be a campain as that in Rome, just a bit more interesting (provinces will have different value depending on you strategy and so on... all that can be read in the demo post.)

4th Dimension
08-16-2005, 21:50
One question

Where do Seanchan start.
Tarabon?
Falme&Toman Head
Those Sea People islands?

Andreas
08-17-2005, 14:28
At Tremlaking. The rand-era starts at the year fo the battle of cairhien, which means after the first senchan assult and before the second.

4th Dimension
08-17-2005, 22:56
Well as I remember they never invaded Telmarking.
They redruped after Falme on those western islands in Aryth Ocean.

aleh
08-17-2005, 23:21
Either Aisle Dashar or Jafar if I remember correctly, but doesn't matter really. :)

Andreas
08-18-2005, 09:10
Ah, yes of course it is Aisle Dahsar... my bad, they will start there... Capital named Cantorin, IIRC.

aleh
08-18-2005, 12:56
There's something I don't get, will 1 nation equal 1 province, or like will it be divided into several cities?

I.E. Andor: Caemlyn, Baerlon, Whitebridge, Four Kings, Two Rivers, and so on...
Tear: Godan, Maredo<?>, Tear...

But, what about the nations that we don't have much info(city-wise) about like Illian and Arafel, and so on. Will y'all make up some, or limit the number of cities?

Andreas
08-18-2005, 20:59
The game would crash with that few provinces, I think, and it would be very boring... We will have many provinces, names from a list that a Morrowind mod created, IIRC....

4th Dimension
08-18-2005, 22:21
The game would crash with that few provinces, I think, and it would be very boring... We will have many provinces, names from a list that a Morrowind mod created, IIRC....

Morrowind???

Andreas
08-18-2005, 22:33
Yes, the RPG... they make one for oblivion... or made at the new year anyway, don't know now.

cdaulepp
08-31-2005, 21:13
I just wanted to say hello. I came here from a posting I saw on wotmania.com. I loved Medieval Total War so I went out and bought Rome Total War today. It's great.

I have two questions. Did any of you have a problem with the game when you first loaded it. My mouse (only on the menu screens at the beginning of the loadup) leaves a trail everywhere. I don't know why. Once I get into the game this doesn't happen. If you had this problem please let me know if it is fixable or what you did to fix it if you can please.

Also, I am a programmer in real life and used to opening up mods and messing with them some, but I don't see a toolset for Rome Total War. How are you changing the things around?

cdaulepp

4th Dimension
08-31-2005, 23:21
Yes I do know what Morrowind is.
And I know Elder scrols IV Oblivion is beeing made and it will be great (tought judging by sreenshots it will burn my comp to ashes).

But I just do not see a conection or somolarity betwen Morovind names and WoT names.

SMZ
09-01-2005, 02:07
I just wanted to say hello. I came here from a posting I saw on wotmania.com. I loved Medieval Total War so I went out and bought Rome Total War today. It's great.

I have two questions. Did any of you have a problem with the game when you first loaded it. My mouse (only on the menu screens at the beginning of the loadup) leaves a trail everywhere. I don't know why. Once I get into the game this doesn't happen. If you had this problem please let me know if it is fixable or what you did to fix it if you can please.

Also, I am a programmer in real life and used to opening up mods and messing with them some, but I don't see a toolset for Rome Total War. How are you changing the things around?

cdaulepp

Hmm... not quite sure about the mouse issue, there is a 1.2 patch available... I'll see if I can find something on that problem...

There have been a number of user created tools to assist in modding the game. Creative Assembly has stated that these tools are just as good as anything they could give us without spending excessive time and money on making their tools accessible. Some were of course upset by this, but the bottom line is we have the stuff we need to now. There are several help threads around, and if you'd like to help I'm sure one of the more senior team members will be happy to show you the ropes. :) Thnx for coming.

Andreas
09-01-2005, 18:07
Well, to do basic textediting (my area of this mod), you just need a txt editor(I prefer context).

cdaulepp
09-01-2005, 19:45
I figured out what was happening with my mouse. I went to the Activision support website and apparently some people have to uninstall and then reinstall Windows Media Player 10 to correct the problem I had. I did the reinstall and everything is working properly now.

cdaulepp

cdaulepp
09-06-2005, 02:00
Where do you sit at now? I'm curious and I'd like to see what you guys have so far.

cdaulepp

Andreas
09-07-2005, 19:11
Hmmm hmm you mean how far in progress we are? For the demo, or full mod? The demo is very well in reach, and the full mod I won't even comment:P

cdaulepp
09-08-2005, 05:22
For the full mod is what I meant. If you are needing help, please let me know how/what you need done and I will do it.

cdaulepp

Andreas
09-08-2005, 11:10
What we really need is models... If you can do that, it would be greatly app....

cdaulepp
09-08-2005, 20:39
I have not modeled in Rome: Total War. Tell me how and I will do it.

cdaulepp

Myrddraal
09-08-2005, 23:39
Have you modelled at all before or not?

cdaulepp
09-09-2005, 00:35
I have not from scratch. But I have used other game engines to make my own armors and looks, etc.

cdaulepp

Myrddraal
09-10-2005, 11:15
Have you got 3ds max?

If so, then check out some of the guides in the Scriptorium under buildings and units.

We certainly need more modellers and so if you can it would be of great help.

cdaulepp
09-10-2005, 16:41
I don't have 3ds max. I'll go download it and mess around with it and read the tutorial on how to model. I'm willing to do whatever you guys want.

cdaulepp

cdaulepp
09-10-2005, 20:49
Okay I have it. What do you want me to make first?

cdaulepp

Andreas
09-11-2005, 10:10
Well, if you want to be a memeber of the team, you could ask for that from Myrddraal and get the team board password and that... much better way to handle it:)

SMZ
09-11-2005, 16:19
Glad to have you on board cdaulepp... did I already say that? oh well - ~:cheers:

cdaulepp
09-12-2005, 16:09
After playing with the 3d modeling tool it looks more difficult than I am wanting to do. It looks beyond my abilities.

I have a question for you. I see that there are tons of other mods that have already been made using the Rome: Total War engine. Do you think you could download some of those mods and take the work that others have already done (the modelling for example) and then just change the skins on those models. It seems like that would be a good way to save you a lot of time. Have you thought about doing this?

cdaulepp

Steppe Merc
09-12-2005, 18:26
As a member of a mod, I really don't think that that would be an option. You would have to get permission from not only the skinners, but also the entire mod team, and it would be unlikely that too many would agree.

TurnLeft
09-13-2005, 01:37
Definately not something I think any mod wants to do or have done to them. It's all about creating your OWN content ~;)

Myrddraal
09-13-2005, 01:43
No!

The WoT will contain only its own models

If you find modelling hard, but you can skin, thats not a problem. I have two unskinned models currently on my list of things to do...

cdaulepp
09-13-2005, 22:48
I know this is a dumb question, but how do I unlock other factions? I've played the Julii and I only have 5 other factions available. What do I do to unlock all of the rest of the factions so I can play the egyptians, for example.

I've never done skins before so I don't know how. The work I did before was much simpler than using 3dmax 7.0.

cdaulepp

Myrddraal
09-14-2005, 00:56
Please, ask questions like this in the General Modding forum...

This is the WoT subforum, see my SIG.

To answer your question though, open up Data/world/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt

Here you'll see a list of playable, non playable and un-lockable factions. Move all the factions except slave and senate to playable.

Hope that helps. :smile:

beaverprophet
09-14-2005, 14:31
Actually, you can move either slave or senate to playable too, or both, but you have to have on non-playable or there will be too many.

Andreas
09-14-2005, 18:38
...and the senates is bugged.

But still, as Myrddraal said, keep this topic about the mod. General questions int he general modding forum, and team memeber stuff in the team member topic.

And welcome, beaverprophet(a bit "eh" about the name though).

4th Dimension
09-17-2005, 20:25
Are there less threads than when I was last here or I'm going nuts from not having demo :D

Myrddraal
09-17-2005, 23:01
At the bottom of the page there is a drop down list

Select the cut off date to the beginning and more will appear.

Sorry about the delay of the Demo, the reason is in the IMPORTANT info thread...

Lord Winter
10-11-2005, 15:37
How are you going to use BI futures in this mod.
For example will you give all factions the ability to fight civil wars (In BI only rome can do this)

A good idea would be to just give the trolocs and the Aeil the abillites to form hordes.

Andreas
10-20-2005, 17:55
Since the civil wars require one more faction as far as I've seen, no.

Wh1teWolf
10-27-2005, 06:49
I was very excited to see this mod in development due to I collect all the Wheel Of Time Hardback books and have red each up to book 10 (I think 10) at least 5 times and with the recent release of the new one this mod is eagerly anticipated by me.

Now my questions are:

I tried to check your website but it is down, do you have another link?

Will some factions be led by forsaken? I would love to play a forsaken or a Chosen.~;)

And do you have any updates or hints on when this could possibly be released?

Thanks for doing this.

Andreas
10-27-2005, 07:30
The Shadow in the rand era willbe led by a chosen yes...

And we will not say any date, as that can change regarding on what we have to do that are more impoartant then this (yes, there is such things:))

cdaulepp
10-28-2005, 21:10
How's the modelling coming along? Have you had time to get some done? Other than modelling is there anything else you have to finish?

cdaulepp

Ashton
10-29-2005, 19:32
A good idea would be to just give the trolocs and the Aeil the abillites to form hordes.

I would add the Melkeri and perhaps the Domini and Tarboners to this as Though their nations are being ripped apart they are holding out.

Andreas
10-29-2005, 19:48
Well, Malkeir apperantly did not hold out, eh? And the other two antions can ahrdly be called that, they are more.... rebels. Borderlands might get it, but no others besides shadow and aiel.

cdaulepp: Most of the models are done, the text files are done. We have some 2D art to do, and some scripting... and models, then.

Myrddraal
10-30-2005, 02:21
its the models which are slowing us, and like I said, I'm finding it hard to get time to do them...

Antagonist
11-10-2005, 21:14
Another long-time observe offering well-wishes ~:)

I've been lurking as a non-member at the Org for several years, and I've been following this mod since it was for MTW. It's very pleasant to see so many people involved in this, as the WoT universe has great potential for Total War and this mod has some excellent ideas ~:cool:

Good luck, and looking forward to the demo,

Antagonist ~:cheers:

Myrddraal
11-10-2005, 21:40
I've been following this mod since it was for MTW

Really? Wow

I really liked the map I made for MTW back in the day. I used to have hours of fun sending my Trolloc hordes (Urban Militia :wink:) south to crush the borderlanders and sweep across the Caralain Grass. I used to get stopped by Andor most of the time, but I usually managed to eliminate the White Tower and the Borderlands. Those were the days.... even though I didn't have any new unit graphics, the map was good. I'll see if I can dig it up from wherever I lost it to show you people some pics.

Right, that's enough reminiscing, we'll endeavor to make the RTW version even better.

Antagonist
11-10-2005, 22:04
Heheh. I was actually quite disappointed when you announced the MTW version was shelved (since I didn't have RTW then) but if the preview materials so far are anything to go by, you guys are definately making the RTW version much better.

Good luck again,

Antagonist

moreb_benhk
11-20-2005, 08:54
Just found out about the mod today. Sounds very exciting. How's it coming along?

4th Dimension
12-27-2005, 14:47
Do you have any banner or logo or something that I can put in my sig on some other sites?

Andreas
12-27-2005, 19:30
There is some work with that... I might be able to give you something if you wait for some days:)

4th Dimension
12-28-2005, 14:29
I have no problem in waiting fiew days as long as I goe it.

Andreas
12-29-2005, 21:12
Ahh, well now I have made one... there is a Supporter version of it too, I will upload that and maybe some more editions this week end, if everything work out as planned....

4th Dimension
12-30-2005, 00:12
Yeah Okay I will wait.

Renly
12-31-2005, 06:57
Made this just cause I was really bored, had nothing to do, and wanted to hone my photoshop skills, which obviously, need honing.

https://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2784/sigcopy2pl.jpg

and a little different version.

https://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3661/sigcopy25nx.jpg

Andreas
12-31-2005, 12:01
Only problem is, that contains art we haven't done and stuff...

What I am thinking of doing is making a set if pics, with different nations and banners, like I am working with a band picture now, and there might be a trolloc one and stuff... You will be able to show your allegiance with your picture:) And they will be a

Clipp
01-21-2006, 13:46
keep up the good work guys :D. I can't wait to see the complete mod :D

4th Dimension
01-21-2006, 23:25
Is there any progres on fan banner.

Andreas
01-23-2006, 12:08
Aha, yes... I have it at home, give it to you real soon.. today

http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload1/bannerlight-support.jpg
http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload1/bandnight-support.jpg

4th Dimension
01-24-2006, 13:02
First is good. But why is the Band connected wit dark. Iand banner is so dark that red hand is ificult to see.

Andreas
01-24-2006, 18:45
Because of the night raids in KOD... And I agree, the first one is better...

4th Dimension
01-24-2006, 21:16
Well if you wanted a darker one you could have made one with shadow symbol. But beter something than nothing.

Andreas
01-25-2006, 08:42
I have another idea for shadow:)

GreyHuntr
01-25-2006, 09:15
Any plans for a Child of the Light banner?

Andreas
01-25-2006, 14:04
No, not right now.. Any suggestion? I have ideas for Shadow, Seanchan and a borderland. Only thing i need is time:)

Lanfire
01-25-2006, 15:17
and time you shall have...

DragonR.
01-25-2006, 16:02
It'd be great if you did the seanchan one...

4th Dimension
01-26-2006, 12:26
It'd be great if you did the seanchan one...

Hm. Why am I not surprised.

DragonR.
01-26-2006, 20:28
Hm. Why am I not surprised.

'cause you know me too well :D

nic_vee
02-14-2006, 10:00
woah WOAH...... Mod coming out about my favorite books. This has made my day. Drinks on the house ~:cheers: ~:cheers:

no1jeebes
03-21-2006, 01:53
Hey everyone, what's going on? I've been watching this mod for a few months and i have a few other posts around here. Im not gonna ask when is the demo coming out cuz yes i know its done when its done lol.

I have a quick quesiton tho for anyone on this forum. My favorite books are the wheel of time series, and someone here also recommended the series A Song of Ice and Fire. Im reading those now and i think they're great. however, does anyone know any other great fantasy series that are like The Wheel of Time and/or A Song of Ice and Fire? can you please message me with some suggestions? thank you very much

sean

DragonR.
03-21-2006, 19:52
Belgariad(sp?) is not bad, but a bit childish...

Lynx321
03-21-2006, 20:05
Belgariad i no the ones u mean theyre pretty good. There is some katherine kerr ones cant remember the names somthin to do with dragons or somthin that r pretty good. and all the ones by raymond feist like magician are all quality.

no1jeebes
03-21-2006, 21:59
hmmm, ok thanx alot ill def check them out...if anyone knows any more please feel free to leave them, thanx
sean

Werthead
03-21-2006, 22:45
I think this is not the best thread for this, but the ones I'd recommend would be:

Malazan Book of the Fallen (10 books, 6 out now) by Steven Erikson - better than Jordan, not as good as Martin and trust me, there will never be a Malazan: Total War. The end of the universe would occur before the mods even got as far as completing the roster list. There are a LOT of cultures, armies, countries, characters and plots in this book and the magic is a lot more powerful and unpredictable than in most books.

The Monarchies of God (5 books, all out now) by Paul Kearney - George R.R. Martin in the gunpowder age is a good description

The Book of Words (3 books, all out now) by JV Jones
Sword of Shadows (3 books, 2 out now) by JV Jones
Crown of Stars (7 books, all out now) by Kate Elliott

I haven't read it but The Prince of Nothing (3 books, all out now) by R. Scott Bakker has been repeatedly very heavily recommended to me.

If epic SF counts as well, then there's the Night's Dawn Trilogy (3 books, 1 companion and 1 short story collection, out now) by Peter F. Hamilton.

I would not touch anything by Terry Brooks, David Eddings or Terry 'Vomitfest' Goodkind with a 90-foot-bargepole.

DragonR.
03-22-2006, 11:56
Yes, I forgot about Feist, serpentwar saga is his best one...

Werthead
03-23-2006, 13:33
Feist's okay, but Serpentwar has a rubbish ending. Shards of a Broken Crown is almost unreadably dull and Rage of a Demon King was divided between some great scenes and some really dull stuff with Pug and Miranda. Feist's best books by far are Magician and Legends of the Riftwar: Honoured Enemy.

DragonR.
03-23-2006, 21:28
Read them both, Magician is fine, but honored enemy is kind of dull, but I like the part where Tinuva and his brother(forgot his name) fight...
We are all kind of off topic, and off subforum...

4th Dimension
03-23-2006, 23:39
And I suspect off forum.

no1jeebes
03-24-2006, 00:51
lol thanx alot everyone i prob have enough to last me a while, plus i dont want this to get all off topic...thanks again :P

sean

lord ad
03-28-2006, 03:31
hi just about to finsh rome well i hope lol any news on mod yet cheers sounds intresting

Werthead
03-28-2006, 19:50
Doesn't sound too hopeful at the moment. Check the 'We're Struggling' link at the bottom of the title page.

4th Dimension
04-01-2006, 09:07
What, where is that link?

Antagonist
04-01-2006, 12:55
From the Mod Discussion forum. (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=62860) I hope someone will be able to pick it up again.

Antagonist

beaverprophet
04-10-2006, 06:38
Hmm, these forums have been inactive for a looong time, just have to ask the obvious question, hate me for it if you wish....

Did the mod die?

I heard you were having problems, and since then, nothing, makes you wonder, you know?

Werthead
04-10-2006, 23:34
What, a week is a loooong time? :)

It looks like the mod is on hold until further notice. The two main guys who were doing it didn't have any free time any more. Whether they get back to it in the future...who knows?

A shame as this mod had a LOT of potential. It did highlight a perennial problem of the mod scene, that you need more than a couple of modellers/skinners if you want the project to proceed rapidly. I think this mod only had a couple. Hopefully the guys will come back to it a few months down the line.

beaverprophet
04-11-2006, 10:31
Hmm, just a week?

Damn, felt like longer :P

BHCWarman88
05-24-2006, 23:29
yea,it sad.. I was really looking forward to it..

Gazi Husrev-Beg
10-02-2006, 22:20
Link doesnt work...

Elgen
10-05-2006, 19:50
Well, I am helping myrddral with some coding...

raikitsune
10-12-2006, 11:54
**twitches** good good coding is good. need mod need mod soon. :sweatdrop:

asininedervish
11-03-2006, 02:23
Hey, was perusing the interweb, and i happened to come across this site. I have to say, anyone that is making an honest effort at incorporating WOT into a game, has my undying respect. Its something i would be more than happy to purchase, since so much effort is put into it.

Here's to hoping that this thing winds up in the laps of us drooling fanatics!

DragonR.
11-06-2006, 02:31
Ya man, go for it.

Sir Dinadan
11-13-2006, 23:05
Don't want to say this But is this dead?:no:
And if it is, can you release anything that can be scrapped up for M2TW?

Elgen
11-16-2006, 14:53
Well, I haven't been able to contact Myrddral for quite some time. Got about four factions, with some units in them (some with many, some with few). I am still waiting for anything from him, but what I have is not really worth releasing (and I wouldn't do it without his agree).

BlackWinged
11-29-2007, 23:03
*knock*

Anyone home?

guess not... Sucks. I really want to play this mod...

If anyone on the dev team still comes here, please, consider finishing this.. With some advertising, I think you could even get some cash from the project... I know I'd pay for it...

I really, really want to play something like this..

Please, think of the children! :help:

Pharnakes
12-01-2007, 02:11
Dead, I'm sorry to say, been dead for nearly a year now.

And money is ilegal.

UltraWar
12-01-2007, 17:23
This modification is as dead as the author who wrote the books for the series this mod is based on, I'm afraid. :shame:

Elgen
12-28-2007, 18:38
Yes, as the last official member of the mod I posted the RIP thread a few months ago. But with a small demo of what I had managed to piece together from the scattered remains I could find on here, plus the models Myrddral sent me.

Jon el' Thror
02-28-2008, 22:46
Hi.
I just thought that I'd give a headsup that someone else is making a The Wheel of Time: Total War mod, except they plan to call it "White Tower: Total War"

Apparently they plan to make a series of campaigns spanning the original War of the Shadow, the Trolloc Wars, the Rise of Artur Hawkwing, etc.
They have the game mechanics done...it's just the modelling and actual codig they seem to be stuck on.

I believe they're planning to actually merge models from Shogun: Total War,
Medieval 2: Total War, and the forthcoming Empires: Total War on the Rome-Total War: Barbarian Invasions platform(with the Trollocs or Aiel as hordes and Darkfriends and False Dragons as Rebels).

I tried to saerch for a link, but I couldn't find the forum I originally saw it on-I just remember it had the paperback cover of Crown of Swords in it's skin...

Anyway, good luck! I look forward to playing this mod when it's complete!

Just as an idea...is a garrison script going to be involved in this mod? It would be very appropriate in the Borderlander provinces where every man and woman is expected to fight-so if a Borderlander province is ever besieged, it would make sense for the population within to arm itself, as seen in the Eye of the World.

Once, again good luck!

4th Dimension
02-29-2008, 17:42
Hi.
I just thought that I'd give a headsup that someone else is making a The Wheel of Time: Total War mod, except they plan to call it "White Tower: Total War"

Apparently they plan to make a series of campaigns spanning the original War of the Shadow, the Trolloc Wars, the Rise of Artur Hawkwing, etc.
They have the game mechanics done...it's just the modelling and actual codig they seem to be stuck on.

I believe they're planning to actually merge models from Shogun: Total War,
Medieval 2: Total War, and the forthcoming Empires: Total War on the Rome-Total War: Barbarian Invasions platform(with the Trollocs or Aiel as hordes and Darkfriends and False Dragons as Rebels).

I tried to saerch for a link, but I couldn't find the forum I originally saw it on-I just remember it had the paperback cover of Crown of Swords in it's skin...

Anyway, good luck! I look forward to playing this mod when it's complete!

Just as an idea...is a garrison script going to be involved in this mod? It would be very appropriate in the Borderlander provinces where every man and woman is expected to fight-so if a Borderlander province is ever besieged, it would make sense for the population within to arm itself, as seen in the Eye of the World.

Once, again good luck!
This mod is D-E-A-D
DEAD

SMZ
11-29-2008, 03:08
Sorry to everyone who was looking forward to this... I know I was too... did quite a lot of writing for this (unit descriptions, traits, etc, etc). But life happens... I got married, joined the army, spent a year in training and am about to go to Iraq... But, I'll be checking this every so often to see if a person with modeling ability ever shows interest in it again... I'd be more than willing to finish the text-based portions

Kylar43
08-20-2011, 21:47
Hi im new the site and i love the book series, i wasn't sure if this mod was dead and i have been dying to download it but haven't found where i can actually download it, can someone please give me a link if possible? thanks :2thumbsup:

Ludens
08-21-2011, 13:13
Hello Kylar43, welcome to the .Org ~:wave: .

I am afraid that the Wheel of Time project has been long abandoned. They never got to the stage where they released their work. You can find alternative mods in the RTW mod (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?76-Forge) and hosted mod sections (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?157-Hosted-mods-for-RTW).

Kylar43
08-22-2011, 04:10
Thanks for the quick reply! and it really is to bad that the mod didn't pull threw :(