PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots

Myrddraal
03-05-2005, 14:44
Screenshots from now on will be posted here. For all previous screenshots see the old thread.

Khan48
03-08-2005, 21:55
Any coming soon?

Black_Draen
03-09-2005, 21:00
Have patience :-)

Myrddraal
03-09-2005, 21:28
The first screenie will be of a Shienaran trooper, but not yet... ~;)

Myrddraal
03-14-2005, 17:49
Shienaran House Armsman

Reworked Topknot
Image temporarily unavailiable

Shienaran Royal Lancers and Armsmen

Question, should the Royal Lancer have more/less/the same amount of gold???

Khan48
03-15-2005, 01:51
Great screens but i just want to offer some constructive criticism. The shienaran house armsmen looks a little blocky to me, especially the hands. From the front the forehead seems to be overhanging a bit. Are the armsmen going to be bowmen as well? I thought they would be more like swordsmen or spearmen and have a seperate unit as bowmen. The royal lancers look good as well but i thought they would be armed w/ lances not bows. Thinking they would be a bit more knigt like maybe some armored guantlets and shin armor. Bit more gold. Don't mean to be too picky just sum of my thoughts.

CrownOfSwords
03-15-2005, 05:14
I believe he is just showing off the model, without the weapon, and I agree Armsmen needs to be more detailed in the face and head looks blocky. ~:cheers:

Myrddraal
03-15-2005, 09:20
Yes thats right, the weapons are not necessarily the weapons the unit will have. I agree about the head, it looks a little alien... I think I've made to much colour contrast between eyes and the forehead, because when you see from the side it looks ok.

Andreas
03-15-2005, 18:09
The swords need to be longer, and hold with two hands;) And I can agree with all that about the head, now that you mention it.

CrownOfSwords
03-15-2005, 18:55
Is that the final helmet for the royal lancer? Maybe you should find one without the point, and chainmail that hangs down or something.

CrownOfSwords
03-16-2005, 03:14
Is that the final helmet for the royal lancer? Maybe you should find one without the point, and chainmail that hangs down or something.

Myrddraal
03-20-2005, 02:10
Myrddraal

http://img119.exs.cx/img119/3205/myrddraal8zy.jpg

Fal Daran Cavalry:

Khan48
03-20-2005, 05:21
By Fal Dara do u mean shinear? Both look real nice

Andreas
03-20-2005, 10:32
Fal Daran Cavalry is a shienaran unit, yes...

But I had imgained them with swords;)

Remember one thing... Shienaran soldiers normaly have a sword on their back, would be cool if you coul add that sword, would make them very shienaran fast;)

Shouldn't be to hard with those units having bows on their backs. The Myrddraal looks good, a longer cape maybe? Now he looks like a arcani without two sords and no eyes:P

Myrddraal
03-20-2005, 14:49
Yes I agree about the cloak, though I though I'd done a better job with the texture than that, the Arcani armour is a roman breastplate and hes wearing some kind of mask, also I made the sword much longer and black. Actually I though the Myrddraal looked a bit too much like the druids...

As with the previous models, the weapons are arbatry (sp?) I though we had agreed that Royal Lancers would have lances, Fal Daran Cav would have Maces and Borderguard would have swords/bows.

I think adding weapons to their backs is a great idea, I'll do that

Andreas
03-20-2005, 15:36
Hmm, hmm, i tohught it was lances-maces, swords, and lances for borderguards too... isn't it the Mounted Bows, and royal bows that have bows?~;)

Ldvs
03-20-2005, 20:54
arbatry (sp?)
Arbitrary? ~D

On the blade issue, isn't the Myrddraal's blade one edged and slightly curved? I can't recall it, but Jordan likes curved blades, most of them seem to follow that pattern ~:)
Otherwise, the Shienaran with a sword across his back as suggested Andreas would be fine.

soibean
03-20-2005, 21:55
I don't think the myddraal had curved blades... but I'd say the cloak does need to be alot bigger

Myrddraal
03-20-2005, 22:12
The problem with making the cloaks bigger is I fear it will cause strange effects with the mount...

Meneldil
03-20-2005, 22:18
Yes, longer cloaks should be avoided when it comes to cavalry units...

Black_Draen
03-21-2005, 16:33
Yes, already now it causes part of the cloak to disappear into the horse...

Below a few Darkfriend Riders:

http://img57.exs.cx/img57/3573/screenshot35mq.jpg

Sephriel
03-22-2005, 21:28
i see already....
i will probably only play shienarians.... ^^
they just look cool...

Gurkhal
03-22-2005, 23:31
Hi there. My first post too.

Should the Darkfriend cavallery not loke a little more, evil and darker?

It's a very nice model, but they look more like Masema's followers than Darkfriends to me.

Maybe make them look more traditionel evil, such as darker clothes. And perhaps completly black shields or some sort of symbol on the shields?

Steppe Merc
03-23-2005, 01:57
Rember, Darkfriends aren't necassirily evil looking. Look at the Forsaken.. some of the prettiest women ever are in there.

I would just like to say, good luck on making a mod, on an awesome book. :bow:

Gurkhal
03-23-2005, 06:00
I was more thinking on those Darkfriends that fight on the battlefield togheter with trollocks and the oter shadow spawns. Would they not probably wear something to show their alligence? If only to make the trollocks see the different and don't kill them?

Even if it is true that all the Darkfriends that have been described to fight on the battlefield was looking a bit like the model there.

Myrddraal
03-23-2005, 09:28
Maybe they should be a bit more ragged. The only darkfriends that fight have been gathered in and fight only because the alternative is to be the Trolloc meal for the night...

Gurkhal
03-23-2005, 15:31
I don't think they need to look more ragged. Just something that tells
"This is not any rabble or scum. These are Darkfriends."

Black_Draen
03-23-2005, 16:24
These are just drafted darkfriends (together with other poor people not having any choise) riding as scouts for the Shadow.

The Dreadlords will for example have much more "shadowly" appearance.

soibean
03-23-2005, 22:21
I'd have to say that you should go with some looking of the "normal" darkfriend units looking like every day people, because they had to blend in with everyone or else they'd be killed for being what they were. Then the more upper level dark friends that were still human, make them look more "shadowy"

Gurkhal
03-24-2005, 14:34
I can't say I am convinced that the Darkfriends, when fighting on the battlefield would not carry some sort of mark or symbols.

But most people seems to like the more normal or ragged poor people look, so I give in :bow:

Myrddraal
03-24-2005, 19:47
I can't say I am convinced that the Darkfriends, when fighting on the battlefield would not carry some sort of mark or symbols.

But most people seems to like the more normal or ragged poor people look, so I give in :bow:

Well remember what happens to the people following Fain, even though hes not technically a darkfriend, they are, and as they get taken away from their ordinary lives, under the threat of being food for the trollocs, eventually they end up ragged....

soibean
03-24-2005, 19:56
well I can't say Ive read anything in the books about dark friends and trollocs fighting together in an all out war against the light, but if I find it I'll mention how they're described...

Gurkhal
03-24-2005, 20:19
It's described when the villagers in the Two river valley wants to drive Moiraine from the inn, she talks to them about their ancestors in (whatever that city's name was). In the final battle she talks about the trollocks AND their human allies that marched against the defenders.

When Rand is bringing his aiel warriors after Shaido when they invaded Cairhien. I don't remember when, but they are very close to crossing the mountains when they are attacked by trollocks, and darfriends from Cairhien. And it's not the battle when they send some of those flying things (whose name I always forget) to kill Rand, it's after that.

soibean
03-24-2005, 22:45
I can remember those parts somewhat but not the descriptions that went along with them... if they described the appearance of the darkfriends maybe you could quote that to help everyone out here?

Gurkhal
03-24-2005, 23:57
I have only read the Swedish translation and I only own one book, the rest I borrow from the library.

So I frankly can't make a quote right now, or anyday before Tusday at the earliest :embarassed: .This because the library is closed during ester :furious3:

soibean
03-25-2005, 00:56
It's probably the 1st book then... I'm working on the 10th book now but I'll check out to see if there is a description of the dark friend armies... but I think all it says is that they were there, not their battle attire

Andreas
03-25-2005, 09:05
Seriously guys, don't you have a stack of books at your computer?

Anyway, from the battle in the Stone:
"Not only did they fight Trollocs and Myrddraals. Men fougth men; there were Darkfriends siding the Shadowspawn, roughly dressed fellows who looked like former soldiers and tavern brawlers. They seamed as fearful of the Trollocs as the Tairen did, but they killed as indiscriminately, where they could"
You see, no makrs, barley more then thugs. The descritpion we have from Mat from the battle in the Jangai Pass is in the same lines. No armor, special clothes or anything. Can we settle this matter now, then~;)

Cronos Impera
03-25-2005, 09:12
Great work ! Is it possible to give Darkfriend riders a warcry as a special ability. A cav. unit with good morale and different hair-styles, just like as the Naked Fanatics Unit in RTW, only a fraction darker

Gurkhal
03-25-2005, 09:45
Ok, if the books say, then that's how it should be done. ~:confused: :furious3: :duel: :book: ~:cheers: and the matter is now settled.

But the reson that I was suggesting that the Darkfriends would have some sort of symbols or special clothes was also to avoid unites looking the same.

If the Darkfriends look like beggers, the peasent will probably look quite like it. And if we include Masema and his followers then we might end up with alot of unites that look pretty much the same.

But I am sure that we can come up with some sort of idea to handle it as well.

Andreas
03-26-2005, 10:20
They are about the same thing, but for example the normal peasants do not have shields, and maybe we will arm them differently and so on. If the units(~;)) look the same, it is because they are described in similar ways in the books.

Myrddraal
03-26-2005, 19:25
They will of course have banners.

Myrddraal
03-27-2005, 01:14
I've seen some growing interest in this mod. People have posted for the first time who I didn't know supported us. This is great, your support is always welcome as it gives us a purpose. But if you want to see this mod accomplish its potential, then we need some help here. My modelling abilities aren't great, my work is done mainly through the skins. You don't need to commit yourself to the mod, but if you have some free time, just consider doing one model or even two. You'll get the privilege of having the unit as you imagined it :wink: . Please....:sick:

And if any of you know of anyone, see if you can woo them to the cause.

Andreas
03-27-2005, 01:25
Hmm, I think I have told you before but I have got 3ds max now, but i will have to train a bit befire beeing able to do anything useful... But still, it's better then nothing:) The first thing I will do is OP though...

And I think ur models are great. ~:)

Black_Draen
03-27-2005, 21:31
Just about the darkfriend carrying marks - their officers have the Clan-sign on their armour. Bad thing is that I didn't catch them on the screenshot.

Your the best modeller we've got Myrddraal, and your Shienarans look really good ~:)

Myrddraal
04-01-2005, 11:23
I'm not happy with the Shienarans, so I'm going to rework them...

I will give them a more destinctive helmet, less pointy with a crown-like ridge across the top. I will also give them proper gauntlets and make them more heavily armoured. Untill then, I've taken down the existing screens of the Shienarans....

Myrddraal
05-09-2005, 19:10
You've waited long enough

I'll thow you a bone: Tairen Defenders of the Stone

http://img115.echo.cx/img115/8572/tairen18oi.jpg

Renly
05-09-2005, 21:47
Mmmmmm, nice work

CrownOfSwords
05-09-2005, 22:15
What made you change the old one you had in the dev section? I like somethings on that one better, the striped sleeves look better and the breastplate which only needed alittle work. The shoulder armor looks better on the old one also..

Myrddraal
05-10-2005, 08:52
You think so?

Hm, I'll play around with it some more

Gurkhal
05-11-2005, 19:25
~;) I think it looks superb.

Keep up the good work boys.

Andreas
06-02-2005, 08:27
Yes, I agree... also, shouldn't they have puffed arms?

The Stranger
06-19-2005, 14:34
~;) I think it looks superb.

Keep up the good work boys.

i think it died

Andreas
06-19-2005, 16:20
No, we are still working... actually alot of things is going on right now, but i do not know if i have permission to tell you... You probably will find out soon enough:)

Myrddraal
06-20-2005, 08:48
This mod is not dead, but we are keeping most of our work back. I know you want screens to gobble, but were going to release a demo soon... Maybe I'll show you a pic also :smile:

The_678
06-23-2005, 03:16
I've been extremely excited about this mod since day one but I haven't really posted anything. I am glad to see it is not dead since I had a great fear that this mod would die. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to try it.

Out of curiosity what do you have planned for the demo? I few historical battles and custom battles? Or an early version of the SP campaign?

Black_Draen
06-23-2005, 14:26
Check out the demo-thread - I believe Myrddraal will answer most of your questions in his post ~;)

Lews Therin Telamon
06-27-2005, 23:17
Well this looks like some pretty good skinners and modellers are t work lpol! Cant wait to try this demo out.

4th Dimension
08-05-2005, 00:21
My only problem with that Tairen is that they are dark skined like mediteranian people but not black. They are suposed to look like Spainards.

Myrddraal
08-05-2005, 00:43
Hes not black...

That model is slightly out of date, Tairen units will look more spanish don't worry.

Alexanderofmacedon
09-04-2005, 21:03
Of all of those I saw two of them...

cdaulepp
10-04-2005, 00:40
Yeah I couldn't see some of them either. I'm not sure why... Are there any new screenshots you want to give us?

cdaulepp

Myrddraal
10-04-2005, 03:24
There are, they are comming...

I've finished all the units of Illian, so I'll post you some of the models in nice poses :smile:

Lanfire
10-04-2005, 12:51
yippie!!:balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2: ~:cheers: ~:cheers: ~:cheers:

Can not wait!!

Geoffrey S
10-04-2005, 13:26
Same here.

SMZ
10-07-2005, 05:45
Let me just asure you all that the units look very purtyful... ~:) and as soon as mister myrddraal is able to put them in their nice poses, well I think you'll be very satisfied ~:cheers:

al'Callaendor
10-08-2005, 15:00
there are no new screenshots?

al'Callaendor
10-08-2005, 15:32
and many screens are "Image temporarily unavailiable"

Andreas
10-08-2005, 17:28
There will be new soon... the old are out of date...

al'Callaendor
10-08-2005, 18:04
"there will be"...it is for when?

Myrddraal
10-08-2005, 18:16
Listen guys, my time is very limited right now.

Would you rather I sat down for an hour and positioned the models into poses and posted them, or would you rather I got on and did the models I haven't done yet?

See this thread

Myrddraal
10-08-2005, 18:19
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=55246

al'Callaendor
10-08-2005, 18:28
and your web site is unvailable.

cdaulepp
11-18-2005, 04:39
Could you throw up screenshots showing what you have of the campaign map so far? I'd love to see however many screenshots it takes to see the entire map. I love WoT and I can't get enough of it.

cdaulepp

Andreas
11-18-2005, 19:20
I'm currently converting the map for BI, I might give you some posts of it when I have done that.

Ilsamir Lord
11-29-2005, 06:59
Best of luck with this, I got one of the books for my birthday years ago, never really got into it, but it does look good so far!

RemusAvenged
01-18-2006, 22:44
More Pictures!!

That FADE kicks ass.
What's the fear causing/enspiring bonuses on that one?

:shame:
(bowing)

Aves
12-11-2006, 21:07
cant wait for this mod... well i guess i can, since i am, but still... very cool

ole-warhammer
07-15-2007, 19:11
I can't see the pictures (only some few)

But about what I have seen, EXTREME COOL!!!
Loved the Myrddraal unit :P

Elgen
07-16-2007, 00:36
You might think of reading the latest posts first. We've released something, an early alpha, and we won't be continuing this mod.