PDA

View Full Version : Victoria PBM - setup

ShadesWolf
03-11-2005, 17:57
It is planned that we will play a Victoria PBM tonight to test it out.

Will we attemp to play tonight from 7.30/8.00 Pm GMT.

1. What campaign to play ?
- A house divided (1861)

2. Who will be which faction ?
So far we have:

- Thrashaholic (Britain)
- Stefan the Berserker (Prussia)
- ShadeWolf (Austria)

3. Do we want to use Roger wilco so we can communicate during game

Any suggestions are welcome.

thrashaholic
03-11-2005, 18:11
Stefan and I have been toying with idea of starting at 1861.

I believe this is a very good time to start because many of the European empires are industrialised and on the rise colonially, making for some very interesting European wars (indeed Stefan and I have been planning a "New European Order" with a German{Prussian}, British and, hopefully, Austrian triple alliance- so watch out anyone else who joins as a European country!). Plus the American Civil war adds a dimension to the campaign.

I feel that by 1881 many of the powers have peaked, so there's little room for development. Likewise with 1914. The opposite is true in 1861, very few countries are industrialised making it very difficult for non-industrial countries to compete.

I'd like to play as Britain, and I believe Stefan wants to play as Germany/Prussia.

I think perhaps voluntary write-ups from each countries perspective could add an interesting twist too.

Stefan the Berserker
03-11-2005, 19:33
I need a copy of the Folder db/events send by Email, my attempts to write new events went to chaos.

thrashaholic
03-11-2005, 20:57
Sorry boys,

The Multiplayer channels don't seem to be letting me log on for some reason. It only lets me view channel 1, the 'Common' one. I'll keep trying though.

ShadesWolf
03-11-2005, 21:15
I suggest we all go into common and try to set something up from if there.

I have set the game up under common

thrashaholic
03-11-2005, 21:59
Given all the problems we seem to have been having, I propose week put the campaign back a while (I won't be free next friday btw, sorry about that).

Doing this should give us some more time to get it all organised too. Like a list of rules, playing times etc.

I hope we can resolve this soon, I was really looking forward to playing today...

ShadesWolf
03-11-2005, 22:14
Tonights attempt at playing is now closed......

We will try again week after next as Thrash cannot play next friday.

hopefully by then we can be a little more organized.
I will leave this thread open a few more days and then create a new one.