PDA

View Full Version : Demo: The Invasion of Malta 1565

Ignoramus
03-16-2005, 10:47
I asked Uesugi about us creating a short demo to get more modders and to allow us to enjoy some of God'sPetMonkey's and two roses work. It will be on the Turkish invasion of Malta in 1565. This will compensate for the Knight's of St. John being left out of the Mod. We have almost all the Turkish units. We only need a few more European infantry units and European arquebusiers and some canon. I will pm Eastside about making the mini-campaign map, he may be willing to do more with the actual mod itself, because they would like to use our gunpowder infantry in their Mod. Their will be three factions: The Knight's of St. John, the Turks, and the Viceroyalty of Sicily. I'm sure we can organize something.

Ignoramus
03-18-2005, 04:23
Note: It will now be a series of battles.

cegorach
03-18-2005, 11:19
I agree and I think that EC will agree 2. :charge:

Eastside Character
03-24-2005, 22:00
I asked Uesugi about us creating a short demo to get more modders and to allow us to enjoy some of God'sPetMonkey's and two roses work. It will be on the Turkish invasion of Malta in 1565. This will compensate for the Knight's of St. John being left out of the Mod. We have almost all the Turkish units. We only need a few more European infantry units and European arquebusiers and some canon. I will pm Eastside about making the mini-campaign map, he may be willing to do more with the actual mod itself, because they would like to use our gunpowder infantry in their Mod. Their will be three factions: The Knight's of St. John, the Turks, and the Viceroyalty of Sicily. I'm sure we can organize something.

To have a campaign you have to have Senate faction in it, not only Turks and Knights.

The fact you have to have Pope, means map would have to cover territory from Malta to Rome at least.

Regards
EC

Uesugi Kenshin
03-25-2005, 04:34
I think we had decided to make it a series of historical battles instead. This was because:
No SPQR faction
No interface yet
No buildings yet
Not enough units doen for all the sides (including Pope)
Historical battles would be quicker to put together, hopefully

Eastside Character
03-25-2005, 10:10
Good decision. When do you think will it be available?

Regards
EC

Ignoramus
03-25-2005, 10:17
Don't know yet, I'm organizing it. We just need a few canon models, fixing up the battle maps and a few other things. It shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 months or so.

Ignoramus
03-29-2005, 03:16
Note; Senglea is the proper spelling.

Saranalos
03-31-2005, 03:58
http://img185.exs.cx/img185/1690/stjohn1qc.jpg

Is this all you want in this thread?

Ignoramus
03-31-2005, 04:06
Yes, although what I really wanted was it to be posted in the RTW Heavengames thread Malta Demo, but thanks all the same!

Saranalos
03-31-2005, 04:14
Okay, I'll post it there too.

Ignoramus
03-31-2005, 04:25
Okay, I'll post it there too.

Cool! ~:cool:

Saranalos
03-31-2005, 04:31
Tis done in both Citadel Related threads in RTWH

Narayanese
04-14-2005, 00:10
This clud be the picture for the historical battle selection screen, it is a period painting showing knights of st john and turks. Is it a bit blown up however.
http://img182.echo.cx/img182/6443/historicalbattlepiccopy6mb.th.jpg (http://img182.echo.cx/my.php?image=historicalbattlepiccopy6mb.jpg)

Uesugi Kenshin
04-14-2005, 03:24
When was that painted, it looks medieval style so I am guessing around the time of the Ren. We could probably use it if ti was around 1350-1550 or so. I always like looking at old pictures of battle.

Narayanese
04-14-2005, 07:35
It is an engagements between the Knights and Turks outside Rhodes - Caoursin 1480.

Uesugi Kenshin
04-15-2005, 03:38
Sounds good then. IMO we should use it.

two_Roses
04-17-2005, 14:55
Sounds good to me.....I just got me the new photoshop CS swuite so if you guys want any images clearing up or de-pixelated then just ask.

Tom.

chris timbo
04-27-2005, 20:20
hello
i do not know any of you, but i was intrigued to find someone is making some sort of demo about the hospitaller knights.

the picture is by caoursin, 1496, and depicts a skirmish by the knights outside of the city walls. although not visible, in the background are the bodies of mutalated turks (impaled on spikes). there are other pictures more worthy of this demo if any one is interested.

Is this about medieval total war? Are you all gamers? I'm sorry about my vagueness, though i have been typing in related words in google, and this popped up.

chris

Saranalos
04-27-2005, 21:52
Is this about medieval total war?
No, this is about Rome: Total War, we are making a modification for it, transporting it into the Rennaissance.

Are you all gamers?
I assume so.

hello i do not know any of you, but i was intrigued to find someone is making some sort of demo about the hospitaller knights.

We are making a full conversion of Rome: Total War, and the demo will only show a small part of what we are doing. You should look over at the screenshots and Citadel:Total War thread, and get some idea of what we are trying to achieve.

Uesugi Kenshin
05-07-2005, 18:14
Ignoramus could you tell me which battles you have settled on? I know you were thinking of three or four earlier.

Also do you have all the unit models you need.