PDA

View Full Version : Play Rome total war without GamespY

iostrym
03-16-2005, 16:49
Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to play Rome Total war in multiplayer without be connected to the gamespy server. I met "shambles" on another forum who told me that it was possible (with an IP connection). Thank you in advance for your answer !

[seminoles]shadow
03-16-2005, 22:35
other than the ip adress i dont think you can do it without GS. :stupid:

iostrym
03-17-2005, 13:07
but someone told me he succed by using VPN, GIT (game internet tunnel) or something like that... any idea ?

Dutch_guy
03-18-2005, 16:32
you can play it without game spy arcade , if that;s what you mea

CBR
03-18-2005, 17:56
Hm I guess itssomething like this: http://non-standard.net/freebsd/game-vpn/vpnfaq.html

CBR

iostrym
03-20-2005, 11:48
yes exactly it's something like that. the problem is that i have already try this system (VPN) but i didn't succed. maybe I don't have made the right configuration. So that's why I'm posting in this forum, to know if people have already do it for rome total war. (because vpn work with some games and don't work with others..)

is there a VPN configurator here ? :-)

Craterus
03-20-2005, 14:54
where do u download the programs needed to play rtw online :afro:

Shambles
03-20-2005, 19:49
lol i didnt say you CAN do it,
:) i said i couldnt get shogun to work over a vpn becous vpn wont send udp.

i did mention GIT may be able to forward the udp's to a vpn adress as if its a part of a real network, But i couldnt help with that

i also said i didnt try with rome total war :) and dint think i would whilst there is still a server,

Looks like your getting help her though, so i guess alls well that ends well :)

Shambles
03-20-2005, 19:54
oh and if any 1 dosent understand what hes after...

he wants to play MP rome total war games without using game spy,

But using a VPN didnt work for him, (probably becous no udp updates sent over vpn)
he would probably be happy if any 1 can tell him how to Tunnel UDP through his Vpn,

But would be even more happy if he could just type in a ip adress,

I cant help him really so told him to ask here