PDA

View Full Version : Tales around a fire built of corpses

master of the puppets
03-21-2005, 22:49
i have been visiting the mead hall a real lot lately and am really beggining to apreciate the writing of my collegues and fellows in arms. most of you may know my work and i likely know yours so true to form i offer a chance in unity. as many cultures did so many years ago we at the mead hall shall share a story, i will start a story, do a paragraph or two, then cut off, i am hoping that you, my fellows, will add a peice to the puzzle. after a day or two we may have a good story going at minimul individual effort. also no mkatter the skill level i want you to write, i will be very disapointed if i see 100,000 views and get 2 posts.... uh crap parents want me off comp someone else start the story, and where, any when, any people it doesnt matter we (i)will add on to it. please write this scheme depends upon you.

AntiochusIII
03-22-2005, 00:37
Okay, as you wish...Master ~D I am just a puppet, after all.

I think...to enhance your point of sharing, we should give out our little background when we put in the story.

My uninteresting background:
-Birth: 20 July 1989 in Bangkok, capital city of Thailand.
-Childhood: In Bangkok, capital city of Thailand.
-Current Location: In Las Vegas, boring city of America.
-Duration in the US: less than one year; before that I was in Bangkok...capital city of Thailand ~D

--Tales around a fire built of corpses--

Once upon a time, there was a group of people sitting around a fire. This fire, the only source of warmness for the people around it, was lit on a corpse of a young, beautiful woman. Those people sat around her corpse, seeking warmness from her burning body. Around them was a world of emptiness; of empty snow and empty sky. Only the stars shone above them; the sun would not rise again for months to come. They were...the survivors. They sat around this fire of their friend waiting for...something.

At last, one of them, a young boy from the continent of Asia, spoke:

"There is no good in sitting idly by waiting for something we do not know. Gaia is not a large person. The substances in her body will not last long, and the fire will be lost. We will die with her, soon enough. So we should share our experiences and tales so that we would at least die with knowledge of who are we going to die with."

He glanced around, waiting for the reaction of his audiences. None. So he continued:

"I will start first. Once upon a time..."

-------------------------------------

My turn is done. Anyone wants to play along?

master of the puppets
03-22-2005, 14:09
once upon a time i killed a man. the people of my country labled me a villian" he fire bobbed of the womans beauty and threw shadow and light over the boys face, playing with his features and darkening his obsidian eyes. "what would you do? to see a man who you knew has commited a thousand wrongs poised of the prone body of a friend, his knife bloody. i have been an outcast all my life, shuned for my 'weird' obsesion with death and the ancient lineage of the warrior. From that same obsesion a clutched fervently to my individuallity that was beaten out of so many of my kind, for that reason i always have a knife." His fellows about the fire stared at this youth, so young, so...so vicios. "it was then i drew this same knife" he continued then reached into the pocket of his jeans and from the side of the pocket drew the blade. double edged it was, finely made, a black softer metal in the center and a white steel outline. "the man saw me then his, smalll switchblade have the lenght of a true combat knife, but still he had his physical strengh" the youth began digging into the frozen glacier with the tip of the molevelent blade. "he charged, but i was no fool, i had studied hundreds of books on fighting of a kinds though only knew them in theory. but my mind traced back to a book on the fighting style of the illustrios thracians" "use there force against them" sad another one beside the fire obviosly captivated by the tale. "exactly" the youth said and proceeded with the story.

ok now someone elses turn, continue the story. oh and to antiochus sorry if i messed up storyline/charechter but thats what doing this story is supposed to be like.

Vlad Tzepes
03-22-2005, 18:45
This is great. Please go on. I would love to be able to write in English - I would love to add something...

master of the puppets
03-24-2005, 02:36
What The Crap!? We Need Other People Lest This Become Just Another One Of My Stories.

master of the puppets
03-29-2005, 18:00
...oh well, eh monk you may get rid of this thread it seems to be a flop. i was really hoping for more participation.

Monk
03-29-2005, 21:57
This is not the only thread of this type i've seen in my time running the Mead hall. Each attempt at making a thread where people post their own short narrative of a tale seems to have failed; i couldn't give a reason as i have no idea why. it could be that most are too busy or that they just don't wish too.

I'll let the thread linger here for a while... if it slips to page 2 i'll close it.

Uesugi Kenshin
03-30-2005, 04:22
"The brute lunged at me, I had no choice." the youth paled, "I stepped aside and thrust my blade into his thick yielding flesh, he gasped, grunted and fell." He began to stare deep into the fire, "I kicked him aside and fell backwards, I could not bear myself, I had killed."

master of the puppets
03-30-2005, 05:02
"my breathing quickened" the boy said his breathing gowing faster as it had so long ago. "blood pumped all over my shoes from the gaping wound" his eyes darkened. "I had killed" he repeated. another man who was sitting next to the boy lay his hand on the boys shoulder and said in his deep voice "it is hard the first time, how did you feel?" the boy looked up into the mans blue eyes then looked away and said shamefully "i threw up"
a small smile crept onto the mans face, "good, then you are human"
the boys obsidian eyes looked at the mans face and whispered "you know the feeling?"
"i know the feeling like a brother" the large man said and began on his tale.