PDA

View Full Version : Possible expansions

cegorach
03-22-2005, 14:13
In this thread please propose possible expansions fro BOTH RTW and MTW edition.

The most popular ( and the simpliest) will be prepared after RTW edition is playable or even before this time.

I personally believe the simpliest to prepare would be English Civil War
( actually English-Irish-Scottish civil war) using the map from the Viking Invasion campaign, but only if enough data is avaialble to consider this option.

Anyway if an idea is enough popular I will give it a seperate thread.

Regards Cegorach :charge:

Sundjata Keita
03-22-2005, 17:39
I think we should get the RTW version off the gorund before thinking of expansions to it. Also I will still need some help with all the modelling and texturing. You have so many units I can't do them all by myself.

SwordsMaster
03-22-2005, 21:28
Yep my thoughts too.

Anyway, IMO the logical expansion goes into America doesn´t it?

Otherwise we could just start looking into the XVIII century... or any of the big wars of the perio: Thirty years war, etc....

Ranika
03-23-2005, 07:17
I'm behind the English-Scottish-Irish idea, though I'd have the map larger map of Britain than that of Viking Invasion, the wars in the British Isles were over complicated terrain. That and Ireland was more than 5 regions, it was a rather slow complicated fight in a lot of places, because of the complicated division of regions (swamps, hills, thick forests, etc.), so it wasn't as easy as capturing a single fortress to take a capitol. Scotland is likewise, but was better represented, though imperfectly in VI

SwordsMaster
03-23-2005, 12:49
I still think that in the international arena of the time, the english-scottish wars were not as important as the 30 years war, or the push between Sweden, Poland and Russia for the Baltic regions, or even the Wars between Spain and the Dutch rebels.

And besides, how many factions would the "scottish war" have? 4? that takes away some variety don´t you think?

Eastside Character
03-23-2005, 20:32
There are plenty of possibilities with setting expansions, as during P&M era there were like hundreds of wars. At this time tho, I think it's better to focus on making the first RTW version; and/or improving the current 1.0 MTW version which still needs a lot or work IMHO. And then we could make some expansions.

On the other hand, working on the same things for some longer period of time can become quite boring, so developing an expansion on a side may not be a bad idea. That said, I would expect that any expansion would be released after releasing the first RTW version, or the improved MTWv.

As for the ideas for expansions themselves, I'll think later prehaps.

Regards
EC