PDA

View Full Version : How to create larger units

The Stranger
03-22-2005, 16:05
i know it can be done, and EB has done it.

i've changed at preferences.txt the 160 to 480, but when i play it's put back to 160 but not when i try to choose them. do i have to change sumthing else except that thing at preferences.txt

Aymar de Bois Mauri
03-22-2005, 16:54
i know it can be done, and EB has done it.

i've changed at preferences.txt the 160 to 480, but when i play it's put back to 160 but not when i try to choose them. do i have to change sumthing else except that thing at preferences.txtEB has not done anything that surpasses hard-codded issues. Max unit size for RTW is 240men for each unit.

To get max number of soldiers in any unit you must modify export_descr_unit.txt. Inside you must modify this number to 60 (normal unit size) if you want to have 240 (huge unit size) men in each unit:

; soldier Name of the soldier model to use (from descr_models_battle.txt)
; followed by the number of ordinary soldiers in the unit
; followed by the number of extras (pigs dogs, elephants, chariots artillery pieces etc attached to the unit)
; followed by the collision mass of the men. 1.0 is normal. Only applies to infantry

Check this thread for information regarding export_descr_unit.txt

export_descr_unit.txt (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=39320)

DemonArchangel
03-22-2005, 20:44
What if your computer sucks major *censored for language*?

The Stranger
03-22-2005, 20:59
i know how to mod unit sizes but in preferences.txt you see *unit_number=160*
if i change that to *unit_number=480* and go to custum battle it shows that each unit wich has 40 in the desc_export_unit has 480 men (is x12). but when i fight i don't see more than 160 in the unit (with a unit of 40 men on normal settings)