PDA

View Full Version : Chivalry TW - MP mod released

Lord Adherbal
04-01-2005, 12:22
In case you don't know, Chivalry TW is a mod for RTW that is particulary designed for multiplayer. The mod tries to bring a gameplay closer to that of MTW to the RTW engine. Yesterday the newest version was released, covering all early era units and factions.

For more information, a cool trailer video, screenshots and the download link, visit this page:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=45641

I'll be on in the COMPETITIVE lobby from 18.00 GMT and other players have claimed they will play aswell this evening. If you want a game of ChivTW, feel free to join us.

Alexander the Pretty Good
04-03-2005, 00:32
Hey, these guys got me to play my first [two] Multiplayer games for any Total War game ever.

I lost miserably both times. ~D

Kudos to the makers. ~:cheers:

Nigel
04-03-2005, 11:20
Wellcome to the MP community of the TW games, AlexanderTPG. ~:cheers:

Never mind your defeats. I hope you will enjoy more games in the future - ans victories are sure to follow soon.

I myself can't wait to download the Chivalry mod as soon as I get to my home PC. You'll sure see me online again as soon as I have it.

04-06-2005, 22:24
Woot! First win!

Mostly because one of my allies came around and flank/harassed the guy in front of me, but still!

I need to pay more attention though. :charge:

:duel: ~D

Squirrel_of_hatred
04-07-2005, 07:07
Sure ill play this one i loved MTW ive installed the mod and it seems to work no one on line to play though and the chivilry TW home page listed above has all its menus links broken and they dont work. I need more basic information im guessing the lobby is the same one used by the people in rome total war thats why the games are listed as not compatible im on the 0.27b patch for CTW, do i have to copy my backed up data file to revert back to rome total war??? where do i get the info, thanks...

AquaLurker
04-07-2005, 09:15
I am having difficulty understanding the uses of the units as some of the units have no descrition in them, however having played MTW war(a long long long.......time ago), I was able to figure out their basic uses. But I still find that the battles ends very quickly.

Generally I like it. Can't wait for the completetions. ~:)

Lord Adherbal
04-07-2005, 12:51
Squirrel, our official forum is here: http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/forums/index.php?showforum=40

games listed as "not compatible" are indeed RTW vanilla games (or other mods).

If you have made a copy of your RTW folder then you can still run RTW by doubleclicking the executable (RomeTW.exe) in that folder.

@Alexander the Pretty Good
you did well mate :) A pitty I lost my whole army against a couple of knights from your opponent, but atleast I did him some damage. The end game was pretty hard against those v4 german knights and men at arms :O

04-08-2005, 00:27
Oh - that was why his knights lasted so long...

My general was v3 foot knights - I think I'll stick to them as generals, as they seem hardier if they have some spears to protect against cav.

If I ever stop being lazy, I'll try to write a unit guide or something. :book:

04-08-2005, 00:28
Oh - that was why his knights lasted so long...

My general was v3 foot knights - I think I'll stick to them as generals, as they seem hardier if they have some spears to protect against cav.

If I ever stop being lazy, I'll try to write a unit guide or something. :book:

Thanks Adherbal, I look forward to seeing you on the field of battle again! :charge:

Lord Adherbal
04-10-2005, 14:16
foot knights are not really supposed to be used in normal field battles. They are one of the most powerfull soldiers around but they are too few in numbers compared to other infantry. The point is that knights only dismounted in rare circumstances (their horses were their largest strength after all) such as castle assault and defence, or when the terrain is not suitable for cavalry (forests).