PDA

View Full Version : Chivalry TW - Patch 0.27b released

Lord Adherbal
04-03-2005, 21:38
ok, a couple of hours later then I hoped, but anyway here's the patch (http://users.skynet.be/Carthaginian/RTW/chivpatch027b.rar)

LIST OF CHANGES

Next to some minor balance tweaks and fixes, these are the most important changes since v0.27:

Balance fixes:
-cavalry charge effect increased
-cavalry "bunching up" effect decreased, making cav spam less effective
-archer weap/armour upgrade cost decreased
-brabanconnes phalanx attack effeciency increased
-unit sizes decreased to make 3v3/4v4 games less laggy on Large unit size

New units:
-Bedouin Camel Warriors (Egypt) - Camelriders armed with spear, good VS light to medium cavalry
-Ghazi Infantry (Egypt, Turkish) - Jihad warriors with high morale and attack, but weak defence
-Ghazi Cavalry (Egypt, Turkish) - mounted Jihad warriors with high morale and attack, but weak defence
-Steppe Infantry (Cuman/Mongols) - Dismounted steppe warriors carrying bows and swords
-Crusader Foot Soldiers (Teutonic Order, Crusader States) - Crusading infantry using spears and swords

Also including:
-fixed hastings scenario
-new (improved) kayala river scenario

Tomisama
04-03-2005, 22:11
This mod has provided the most fun I had, since Rome came out!

These guys have done a terrific job with this, and I whole heartedly recommend it to any serious Total War gamer.

Congratulations, and please keep up the good work!

Salute!

:charge:

Nigel
04-04-2005, 00:21
I downloaded the mod this evening and had a quick Custom battle.
Really, this looks great. Seems you guys have done a fantastic job. Cant wait to try it out online.

Just a few question about patch and version number. I downloaded the mod from this thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=45641). I take it that is v0.27, right ? And I just need to install the patch over it ? Or are there more patches which I need in between ?

Again I have to say, great job. This really looks like the game I have waited for.

Nigel

L'Impresario
04-04-2005, 00:38
Well, there are 2 files that need to be installed: a) the beta found in the the thread you link to B) the patch found in this thread.
You just need to extract the beta and the patch in your main rtw folder, replacing the old "data" folder (actually updating it).

Will be nice to see you again in the field of battle Nigel:)