PDA

View Full Version : Orestes' 1 city mod for RTR 5.4

Orestes
04-04-2005, 08:19
This mod makes some changes to RTR, most notably that each faction starts off with 1 city under its control. Most of the rest that i remembered are listed in the readme, though i may have missed one or two. It works with RTR 5.4, havent tried with 5.4.1 though, and it works with the CvP patch as well. Ill go ahead and list the changes I made here so yall dont have to DL it to see what they are ~:) :

Starts each faction with 1 city as follows:

Romans - Roma
Numidia - Tingi
Carthage - Carthago
Ptolemaics - Alexandria
Seleucids - Antioch
Pontus - Sinope
Armenia - Artaxarta
Parthia - Ectabana
Macedonia - Pela
Thrace- Tylis
Germanians - Vicus Gothi
Athenians - Athens
Sarmatians - Campus Sarmatae
Dacians - Porrolissum
Britons - Isca
Iberians - Intercatia
Gauls - Avaricum

Senate removed

Changed the Greek Cities faction to the Athenian faction, and wrote a new desription. Faction symbols etc., werent changed because i suck at doing that kind of thing

Made Cretan Archers, Rhodian Slingers, Balaeric Slingers, and Caledonian Highlanders recruitable by all factions in Crete, Rhodes, Baliares, and Caledonia respectively

Made Amazonian Chariots hireable as Mercenaries in Tribus Gepidae, Locus Gothi, Pripet, and Hyperboria

Changed a few names of some regional rebels

Added unit cards where necessary to avoid the peasant default card popping up

Changed starting denari to around 3000 for each faction

Each faction starts off with 2 family members immediately available and 3 military units, most also start off with a bireme. Most factions start off with a slightly negative income at Normal Tax rate, so taking a new city fast is a priority.

Changed some faction AIs to be more aggressive.

Changed what buildings are in Rebel cities. Removed barracks type structures from many of them, removed walls in Sparta, changed wall types in a few other cities.

Adjusted populations in some cities, most especially by raising them in Vicus Gothi and Avaricum

Put a disproportionetly high number of Rebels on the British Isles in an attempt to slow down the Britons expansion slightly, seeing as how AI factions almost never invade there.
Naturally it doesnt work, but im not gonna let that stop me ;).

Made Egyptian Machimoi stats more inline with Hoplite Militia and Levy Phalanx. Moved Machimoi to first tier barracks. Moved Macedonian mercs to 2nd and Hoplite mercs to 3rd.

There might be a few other changes, but i dont remember what.

The mod can be downloaded [URL=http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/index.php?mod=460]---> here

Orestes
04-04-2005, 08:23
woops, messed up on the linkage, trying again

here (http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/index.php?mod=460)

Orestes
04-04-2005, 08:40
For users with 5.4.1, downloading the following link and installing it in the data/world/maps/campaign/rome_total_realism folder should be enough to make the mod compatible.

Right click and save as download (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=1812040545)

steve
04-04-2005, 15:26
could this be A Perfect Circle reffrence ~:cheers: ? or a referrence to the greek play, or both since the APC song is about the play?

Orestes
04-04-2005, 16:32
Both ;D

Gisela
07-29-2005, 20:07
Hey, great idea. It makes a lot of fun starting with only one city. Remembers to Civ III ~;)

One thing: Gaul seems to have no chance cause there are too much rebels nearby.

Thanks a lot for this mod. It makes the time shorter waiting for RTR 6.0

~:cheers:

Gisela
07-29-2005, 20:14
btw

your mod works also fine with RTR 5.4.1, no probs since now.

but now lets play :duel:

Avicenna
02-28-2006, 17:08
Apart from the two males who are generals there are also the same number of young family members right? Otherwise it would take ages to have enough governors..

Myrddraal
02-28-2006, 20:30
Welcome to the .org Orestes :smile: