PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding broken download links

Fritz
04-05-2005, 10:15
Dear Zimoa (or any other moderator),
I would very much like to download the Hellenic mod but the links to the nevacious website are not working and the site itself appears suspended. I next went to the 3ddownloads site for the Hellenic Total War v3.01 mod but after reading a thread of Zimoa's regarding multiple changes to v3.01 I wanted to ensure that I am downloading the correct version over my measly 56K modem.

It appears from that thread at least 4 different versions of Hellenic Total War v3.01 have been made available for installation on/around these dates:

06-27-2004
07-01-2004
08-06-2004
08-21-2004 (the final version?)

The following files are available at the 3d site:

Hellenic Total War.exe 97.80 mb August 22, 2004
Hellenic Total Warv1.exe 97.77 mb August 10, 2004
HTW Music pack v1.0.rar 138.92 mb July 9, 2004
HTW v2.1 Beta.exe 64.38 mb June 5, 2004
HTW v3.1 Beta.exe 97.47 mb July 9, 2004

Based upon the dates it appears to me that the version of the mod labeled "HTW v3.1 Beta.exe" on the 3d site is not the correct one to download and that Hellenic Total War.exe dated Aug 22 2004 is the correct (most current) version to download.

Can you please confirm this or clarify which file at 3d is the correct one?

Also, is it possible for you to upload the HTW patch to the 3d site since it appears to be unavailable anywhere else at the present?

Thank you very very much in advance for answering my questions (and your patience).

Cheers.

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
04-05-2005, 22:13
The Nevacious files are always the most recent ones, various versions were made, but that are the ones you need, the 3D downloads are not uploaded by myself so I frankly do not know about them.
The only problem is that the Nevacious server is very unstable and can be offline without notification,I even lost ALL files TWICE.
I only discovered this evening that the server is off AGAIN.
I try to contact customer service and see what is going on, I have other servers so be a little patient.Sometimes it is only for a short period.
If it lasts longer I will move all files and cancel the account again my apologies for this inconvenience.

LZoF

hellas1
04-07-2005, 02:02
Hey dude, what's up

Listen I tried installing this for ever man, I mean 12 times!!!!

Listen, Lord Zimoa game me this order to install HTW in O.K.?
Clean Install of MTW, remove existing MTW files and registry crap too and VTW (Viking Total War: i.e. Viking Invasion files and registry crap too)
You gotta do this first.

THEN DO THE BELOW:
1.Install Med. TW (don't install version patch 1.1, forget it)
2.Install MTW: Viking Expansion (This includes V.I. patch 2.01 in it)
3.Install MTW: V.I. patch version 1.2 (trust me it is 1.2, tried it 12 times) from here:
http://download.activision.com/act...ion201patch.exe
4.Install HTW beta 3.01 only, not 2.01 (Forget the Hellenic Total Warv, and the other one man, only the HTW v3[1].1 is cool, which was made in june/july I think. This is located at the website below, look at it.
5.Install the music rar, the 1.0 one which is located at: www.3ddownloads.com/strategy-gaming/totalwar/MTW/patches then click on patches
When you download that you have to convert the mp3 files to wav files using the WinRAR program you can get if you do a search on the net, very easy.
Then convert the files, o.k. The WinRAR website will show you how if you click on the rar hyperlink
5.Install HTW Total Patch, when site is up.

Later man, good luck!!!!!!! It was a bitch for me to get this done.

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
04-08-2005, 15:00
Server is offline waiting for an answer of Nevacious customer service, sorry you will have to wait.

LZoF

BaRtMaN_SLO
04-10-2005, 13:04
Hi! It seems the account on the Nevacious server has been deleted/disabled.
When trying to download the music pack it says that the file was not found but it still gives the error, so it means that the server is online.

The i tried going to the root folder, http://htw.nevacious.com/ and this message appeared: 'This Account is suspend at the moment. Please contact the webmaster of this website.'

I hope that the hosting problems will be sorted out, if not if the files aren't too big, I might be able to host them myself.

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
04-10-2005, 14:23
Read above.Patience please, the server had some problems and is out due to maintenance.I expect it will be online again next week.

LZoF

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
04-13-2005, 07:09
Links work again.

LZoF

Fritz
04-14-2005, 19:38
Thank you!

BaRtMaN_SLO
04-17-2005, 01:55
I'm sorry to report the links are dead.

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
04-17-2005, 10:24
No the files are moved to a higher bandwidth server.Will let you know when they will be back online.

LZoF

Lord Zimoa of Flanders
04-20-2005, 07:16
Move complete all are online again.

LZoF

macsen rufus
04-20-2005, 16:37
I just managed to download the Total Patch, no problems - so now I'll (finally...) try a whole new install and check all of my stuff in there is up to date, like I promised a few weeks ago! ~:cheers:

Ivar the Terrible
04-22-2005, 10:24
Links aren't working again.

Why don't you just put the patch on 3D donwloads?

Ivar the Terrible
04-23-2005, 11:02
Links working now.

Music sounds great!