PDA

View Full Version : eldar scrolls total war mod idea

Biggles
04-05-2005, 17:40
I have had this idea for a while and I thought what if I could do it yhis mod would be based of the Eldar scrolls series the races

Dunnmer
bosmer
altmer
imperial
Kahjit
argonaian
nord
Orcs
And rebels beast and outcasts

unit ideas i have had so far for the Imperials are
1)Imperial legion Swordsmen
2)Imperial legion Spearmen
3)Imperial legion Cavalry
4)Imperial legion Archers
5)Imperial legion Knights

some ideas for the Dunnmer are
1)swordsmen
2)spearmen
3)archers
3)Ordinaors
5)beyont armagers
6)Mages

Isaacdaninja
04-23-2005, 15:15
Ok idea. The map and cities are there for you in Morrowind's Map and you could just mod some roman soldier's skins to make the imperials.

But in Elder Scrolls there are no battles and the 1 on 1 combat in rome is better than the 1 on 1 combat in morrowind which is good for rome.

Keep posting your ideas or this topic's dead.

Productivity
04-23-2005, 16:30
No they aren't. He's thinking of making the whole of Tamriel, not just Vvardenfel.

It seems a bit of a strange idea though, given that the whole region is meant to be one empire right?

Dhampir
04-24-2005, 00:04
All these mod ideas based on copyrighted material are skirting a fine line. :duel:

Al Khalifah
04-24-2005, 11:51
I had a similar idea a while ago using M:TW to make a Morrowind mod, but decided not to go ahead. If you base the mod on Morrowind using R:TW, the behavoiur of the three great houses and tribunal could be represented by the three families of Romans and SPQR.

Making a mod with each race as its own faction would be a bit too ambitious. A Vvardenfel or Morrowind mod would be perfect for the Rome engine.

The_Ferret
04-24-2005, 12:12
I'm quite a fan of the Eldar scrolls, especially morrowind

Productivity
04-25-2005, 04:16
I'm still failing to see how you are going to write the story, because everyone is at peace to some degree with each other. Who are you going to have them fight?

Dhampir
04-25-2005, 04:18
I'm still failing to see how you are going to write the story, because everyone is at peace to some degree with each other. Who are you going to have them fight?

He's just basing it in the world of TES. That doesn't mean that he has to follow the storylines from the games exactly.

I for one would enjoy slaughtering short little Britons with my Nord berzerkers. :charge:

Al Khalifah
04-25-2005, 10:08

For Morrowind, Dagoth Ur and the Sixth House. The three great Dunmer Houses would be allied like the Roman factions, the Ashlanders are fair game I suppose though no open hostility would be there to start with. The Sixth House is the enemy of every faction. Diplomatic units should be disabled for them too, because there could be no peace there.

For the large Elder Scrolls world there are no real enemies, but the peace that is in place is an uneven and uneasy one.

The_Ferret
04-25-2005, 16:21
Bah, Dagoth Ur in his blumming Volcano...

Al Khalifah
04-25-2005, 16:57
To make it even more realistic (Morrowindistic) you could add a House Dagoth unit called Cliff Racers and make them really quite weak in attack and HP, but nigh on impossible to hit before you bring out a patch, hence making them really irritating.

Actually... don't do that.

The_Ferret
04-25-2005, 17:18
Cliff racers would need to be airborne

Isaacdaninja
04-25-2005, 18:58
How do you get units airborne? Sounds like a tough job and how would archers fire at them? It would be really wierd unless you do it perfectly.

Myrddraal
04-25-2005, 23:13
Well first of all I think you would need a new skeleton. Is this possible yet?

PROMETHEUS
05-02-2005, 22:18
Well I modded for long time the elder scrolls series , may be in this forum u can get a lot of informations u may need there......

http://forums.tamriel-rebuilt.org/

walt
05-04-2005, 09:26
Wow !
mr Prometeus here!
hmm i think we have'nt any problem with lore
and there'll many many horse - real horse! (not pant ~;) )
ha-ha-ha! ~D
so TES TW!
:charge:

Justiciar
01-24-2006, 04:10
I'd really like to see this. I'm a big fan of The Elder Scrolls, though I've only played Redguard and Morrowind. I agree that it should be focused on one part of Tamriel though; Morrowind would be excellent.

Presuming it would be set before the events Morrowind; I'd suggest the factions...
House Redoran
House Hlaalu
House Telvanni
House Dres
House Indoril
Tribunal Temple
The Ashlanders; Zainab, Urshilaku, Ahemmusa, Erabenimsun
The Cyrodiilic(sp?) Empire
The East Empire Company
The Sixth House (House Dagoth)?
The Skaal
A Skyrim faction (they'd likely be on the map if you were to use all of Morrowind)
The Armigers

The Last three I'm not sure about. The Skaal are sort of pointless, what little there is of Skyrim could be a rebel province or held by the Empire, and the Armigers could be a Temple held mercenary unit.

PS: TAMRIEL REBUILT FTW!

Attrebus
01-30-2006, 22:06
House Redoran
House Hlaalu
House Telvanni
House Dres
House Indoril
Tribunal Temple
The Ashlanders; Zainab, Urshilaku, Ahemmusa, Erabenimsun
The Cyrodiilic(sp?) Empire
The East Empire Company
The Sixth House (House Dagoth)?
The Skaal
A Skyrim faction (they'd likely be on the map if you were to use all of Morrowind)
The Armigers

I actually am one of the many "Lore" people on the TES Forums (no, I am not Attrebus the moderator...I am Attrebus, First Era Cyrodiilic King of Rimmen)

The factions needed would be many fold...if you want to set it in the 3rd Era/early 4th Era.

Factions:

In Morrowind:
House Redoran (NW)
House Dres (SE)
House INdoril(East)
House Hlaalu (SW)
House Telvanni (NE)
Kingdom of Mournhold (as lead by King Hlaalu Helseth and Barenziah, the Queen Mother)
Ashlanders
The New Temple (following in the footsteps of ALMSIVI, yet recognizing their faults...more on that later, maybe)

In Argonia
Argonians (2 tribes, settled and nomad)

In Valenwood
Green Pact Bosmer (anti-tree cutting, cannibals)
Settled Bosmer (tree cutters, non-cannibals)

In Sumerset Isles

Kingdom of Firsthold (led by King Reman, and his Dunmer wife, Morgiah)
County of Cloudrest (vassal of Reman's)
Rest of the Country (led by the Psijiic Order)

In Elswyer
Drug Lords
the Mane

In High Rock (its pretty crowded, same with Hammerfall)
Kingdom of Daggerfall
Kingdom of Wayrest
Kingdom of Anteclaire
Kingdom of Orsinium (land of the Orsimer, Orcs, to the rest of you...)

In Hammerfall
Kingdom of Sentinal
County of Ephesus
Alik'R nomads

In Skyrim
Kingdom of Stormhold
Kingdom of Dawnstar
Kingdom of Solitude
Kingdom of Snowhawk
Kingdom of Falcrenth
Holds of Riften
Region of Windhelm

In Cyrodiil
The Imperial City
Hold of Anvil
Hold of Skingrad
City-State of Bravil
Hold of Cheydinhal
=====
Yep, theres ALOT of factions to cover...if I personally would NOT combine the provinces into one massive map of Tamriel, but instead do as I wish to do with my project (which I just started advertising here): Betony: Total War, and isntead concentrate on a lone province or two (in my case the provinces of High Rock and Hammerfall) and do those in detail, then do the rest of the provinces at a later date.

As for units:

Imperial: Spearmen, Archers, Knights (mounted), Templar (dismounted), Battlemages, lots mercenaries, and variants of those

Nord (Skyrim): Skaal Beserkers, Hold Guards, Huntsmen, Reavers, Sailors

Hammerfall (Redguard): Ansei (Sword Saints), Archers, Swordsmen, Desert Warriors (assorted types), minimal cavalry

Dunmer: Ashland hunters, House swordsmen, House Archers, Temple Ordinators, Temple Bouyant Armigers, Silt Striders (like elephants), NO CAVALRY (due to the Ash Gut), make sure Morrowind has a hidden resource to prevent cavalry training.

Elswyer: Skooma fanatics (beserker types high on Skooma), Pahlmar-Raht Cavalry (massive battlecats ridden by the Cathay and Senche-Raht) Dagi and Dagi-raht (mages) Aliiq (small, housecat sized ambushers) Cathay-Raht claw warriors, Suthay-Raht Claw Warriors

High Rock: Knights, Footmen of various types, many mages, sorcerors, nightblades

Valenwood: Bosmer Berserkers (not their name...the ones who go cannibal during the Great Hunts) Rangers, Shortbowmen, Longbowmen, Ambushers

Argonia: Spearmen, Mages, Ambushers

Orsimer (Orcs): Beserkers, Axemen, Horsemen, Shamans, Mages

professorspatula
01-31-2006, 16:24
An Elder Scrolls game is a great idea for a mod. Make sure to make the map as huge as possible and spread the settlements out so it takes about 6 years to reach each place. That way you capture all the excitement of the RPG games.

Attrebus
01-31-2006, 20:57
Actually, settlement size in comparison to the provinces is rather misleading...and it should NOT take 6 years/turns...instead, ONE turn per province (with each turn equalling 1 month).

Also, just curious, but how will the linear timescale be used for the game? especially if the game starts in the year 399 3E (same year Eternal Champion defeats the usurper, Jagar Tharn, with the aid of Ria Silmaen, and the Staff of CHaos) until the year 15 4E? Especially if the timeline goes from 399-433 3E, then goes 1 4E? is it possible to have it work in that order?

Samurai Waki
02-01-2006, 09:13
I actually had a really great idea about this a few days ago. I think it would be cool to have the mod happen right after the death of Dagoth Ur, the Empire is crumbling, and the Emperor has decided to regretfully abandoned the province (Morrowind never really had much economic importance anyways).

With the resignation of the Empire, House Hlaalu loses it's valuable military support from the Empire, The East Empire Company's previous holdings are mostly lost, taken over by vagabonds, or bands of Vampire raiders from the fragmented Sixth House, now the East Empire Company has to rely on Mercenaries, and the Tribunal to protect their last few holdings on the mainland.

The First house to take advantage of the detereorating situation is the Rogue Mages of Telvanni, who want to rule their own lands, by their own laws and costums without intervention from House Indoril, or the Tribunal. And so, House Telvanni resigns it's seat at the Hlaalu Council.

Seeing the departure of House Telvanni, the Hortator of House Redoran decides to resign his seat as well, The first border raidings begin, as a small contingent of Redoran Infantry led by House Venim capture Caldera, thus having complete control of the Ebony trade in Vardenfell.

Mournhold becomes increasingly restless, House Dres and Indoril resign, and prospect of civil war seems imminent. The Tribunal respectfully declares itself neutral, and for the good of all Dunmer shall remain Neutral if Civil War erupts, however, it will continue to fight off the remnants of House Dagoth Ur.

Gameplay: Because Morrowind isn't a very big country, or has a huge populace, I think it would be mostly cool to have Company oriented Armies, between 20 and 60 guys per unit, depending on the unit.

House Telvanni- Strong Magic Users (Representing Hortators, or House Fathers), The Mage units would be small, but effective support to the main force using Fireballs to destroy their enemies. Good Medium Infantry. Fairly Decent Archers. No Heavy Infantry. Telvanni is probably one of the smallest factions in the game, they have very stringent laws and rules that must be adhered to for membership. Heavy Infantry would most likely not be something that Telvanni would use, considering they are one of the magic oriented factions. House Telvanni would probably require expensive upkeep for units, and need some micromanaging on the battlefield to assure victory. I doubt that Telvanni would ever make use of Mercenaries (because they think outsiders are inferior).

House Redoran- Excellent Infantry (Heavy, Medium, Light), Poor Archers/ Missile, No magic users. House Redoran would have the toughest Infantry in the game, being a combat oriented faction. To Augment their forces, they would probably make use of mercenaries, especially Archers. House Redoran would most likely have very high up-keep for their units however, but if they field an Army it would be for the best to be wary about them. House Redoran are the military elite.

House Hlaalu- The Former Puppet rulers of Morrowind, House Hlaalu would probably be the most flexible army, as well as being able to field mercenaries in great number, but not having a great core army (think of the Byzantine Empire). They would need to make great use of Assassins, and diplomats to get their way. Average Infantry, Average Missile, Light Cavalry (the only faction that should get Cavalry).

House Indoril- House Indoril are the spiritual protectors of Morrowind, and would like to bring everyone under their spiritual fold. Excellent Heavy Infantry, fairly poor in everything else... most generals should get a healing bonus.

House Dres- I'm not exactley sure about House Dres.

House Dagoth Ur- at this point they would be remnant forces, but still a threat nevertheless. Strong Magic Users, very poor in everything else (but should be able to field a great number of units).

The Tribunal- I'm not exactley sure about this... perhaps the Tribunal would make a good SPQR at the beginning of the game. The Tribunal is essentially the Papacy, They would field excellent light and medium infantry, as well as decent missile. Their warriors, I believe are the Bouyant Armigers, so it wouldn't be necessary to make two seperate factions, unless Vivec is sacked, but since it is such a holy place, I think Vivec should remain untouchable, considering that it would be a great folly for any faction to attack it, everyone else would declare war upon that faction.

Cyrodiil(sp?) should be repesented on one of the far corners of the Morrowind map, strong legions...heavy and light infantry, and strong cavalry. But plagued by economic troubles, no chance for the AI to be successful at it, but a skilled player, could once again reclaim morrowind for the empire.

The Ashlanders- Very effective Light infantry, and decent maegi, but their provinces would be rather poor. and turning success with them would be quite difficult, however, attacking them and destroying them with a small force could be quite difficult as well. (perhaps Rebels).

East Empire Company- The Very last Imperial Holdouts in Morrowind, most likely Coastal regions on the mainland, the East Empire Companies ambitions are to turn Morrowind in a thriving business. Perhaps, Auxiliary Legions (decent heavy and medium infantry), augmented by various mercenaries, a decent navy, but victory would be difficult, and the use of diplomats and Assassins would me tantamount on their success, being able to choose their battles, whenever and where-ever, very unlikely chance the AI could win as East Empire Company.

Skyrim- If you chose to include Solstheim, Skyrim and the Empire would most likely be allied throughout the game. They would also have a settlement in Northern Vardenfell (the name of the region eludes me). Skyrim warriors would be very tough, but have high upkeep.

Attrebus
02-01-2006, 21:54
Actually, the game lore states the Balmora is supposed to be massive city with about 30k inhabitants, Vivec has 50kish, Firewatch has 25k, Mournhold is 40k, Ebonheart (mainland) is 15k, Blac Light is 45k, Silgrad Tower is massive at almost 100k people, Kragenmoor is 30k, Narsis is 40k, Tear is 15k, Port Telvannis holds just 7500 people, and most other sites in Vvardenfall (the island) have only 2500-5000 people on average...its the mainland where theres most of the stuff.

Also, will one be using the unofficial lore, as in the stuff thats happenign right now regarding the events between 429 3E and 433 3E (between Morrowind and Oblivion)?

If so, I can get you the relevant stuff...VERY important if one is to make a mod in that time period.

If yes, the city of Ald Raathim has a population of 10k or so IIRC.

Justiciar
02-03-2006, 16:02
Do you have any good sources for TES lore, Attrebus?

Attrebus
02-04-2006, 00:58
Admitably, the populations are pure speculation, yet based on the fact that In Game, assuming that the province (as a whole) is running at 1/20 scale for landscape, it means that its running at approximately 1/1000 scale for people.

For those wonderring, it came about like this:

There was a report done some years ago by a person playing Daggerfall who wanted to know the RL area of the region. It came to 311kmx520km or so. From that knowledge, and the continent-wide maps used from Arena, one can figure out that Vvardenfall is approximately the size of the Illiac Bay region (about 210km x 200km). However, in MOrrowind it was scaled down to approximate 12km x 10km...a 1/20th scale. From that, using the in game population density of the cities (averaging one cell...) people figured that the RL population was of those numbers...mainly by multiplying the city's cell size by 10, and multiplying the people IN the cell by 10...per cell, hence the population is about x100 larger than shown.

From all that information, and some RW extrapolation of small villages not shown but under the control of each location vistted, those population sizes came about.

The Imperial Library, Justiciar, is the site I use (til.gamingsource.net) great resource, has all the info you need, Cartography is where to go for maps. For the Daggerfall thing, go the Forum Scholars Guild, and a guy wrote it there.

My secondary source is the official forums (elderscrolls.com/forums) where I am known as FireMaster, and am usuallly found in either Lore or COmmunity Discussion. If in CD, I'm reading, if in Lore, I'm posting in regards to the RP thats ongoing there.

And, feel free to PM me any information you need.

Oh, and one MUST include the Maomer (tropical elves living SW of the Sumerset Isles) and the Igmer (gorrilla-like betmer who try to emulate the Altmer)

Edit: I know it may seem rather arbitrary in the number allocations, but it was the best they could do w/o an actual Morrowind reference to the island's actual size...

RabidGibbon
02-04-2006, 01:03
Posted by professorspatula

An Elder Scrolls game is a great idea for a mod. Make sure to make the map as huge as possible and spread the settlements out so it takes about 6 years to reach each place. That way you capture all the excitement of the RPG games.

:laugh4: Someone couldn't afford the Silt Striders/Mage Guilds/Boat handlers fees eh?

HahnHolio
02-04-2006, 23:10
Whooaaa ... just posted a bug over at TES-Forums and stopped by here, to see if there is nething new up.
what do i find : a morrowind discussion :)
now this would be kewl, to have the dunmers fight the bosmer nad so on ...
great idea, and if needed i could help out with textfile editing(im no artist)!!!

greetz

HahnHolio

hoccalugee
02-06-2006, 15:36
I've had this idea for a while too...
I've even made a rough map of tamriel and a unit of bonemold lawmakers just to get some practice (thx to all for the great tutes)
I kinda thought that it might be a sticky copyright area so I wasn't going to mention it, but I think it could be an awesome mod...
As for the fact that the world has already been conquered by one faction, it could be rebellion time, or as someone else mentioned, the morrowind factions, the houses of the dunmer could quite easily have a war between themselves and usually do covertly anyway, with the imperials watching and waiting to see if they can increase their holdings on the ebony rich vaardenfell.
The last remaining faction might even have the power to challenge the imperials...
i can see so many elements that can fit into RTW from TES especially as the imperials are basically romans with magic...
nords are nords britons are britons redguards are maybe carthaginians?

where to begin though?
just a map of vaardenfell or all of tamriel?
what game? RTW or BI?

hoccalugee
02-06-2006, 15:45
call it Tamriel Reconquered!

Myrddraal
02-06-2006, 15:56
When you start work on this, I'll move it back to the forge, but Mod ideas go in Mod discussion.

Moved

HahnHolio
02-06-2006, 16:26
hm...well
Biggles:whaddup? still thinkin about this?
hoccalugee:kewl, is there a way u could get the map and stuff online to have a glimpse at?

greetz

HahnHolio

hoccalugee
02-06-2006, 19:53
the map was just a version of the flat version by one of the guys here with me pasting a height and regions on that. the map is all tamriel...ummm is nirn the continent or the world? it worked ok but it wasn't big enough for nice details so i tried enlarging it and it became unusable after that. i'll upload it somewhere if i know where to do so...

Justiciar
02-07-2006, 00:22
Nirn is the world. Tamriel is the continent.

TB666
02-07-2006, 00:35
Sounds like a good idea but are you sure about copyright ??
I know that a Warcraft mod got shut down by Blizzard.:wall:

hoccalugee
02-07-2006, 11:41
thx justiciar!

a warcraft mod would be a direct conflict of interest and draw players away from the original game as they are both within the same genre... and of course the rtw warcraft would be far more enjoyable and epic in my mind...

as far as i can tell bethesda aren't going to make an rts for the eldar scrolls anytime soon and if they did it would probably blow away anything we could come up with so it would be a non-event in terms of us taking away from their revenue...

if worse comes to worse i'll make it for my own enjoyment which is what i was doing anyway...

why would anyone make a warcraft mod for rtw? to me warcraft is a walt disney, made for the masses, rts/mmorpg with very little depth, just cliched, good for a little distracted fun... nowhere near as inspiring as rtw or tes.

tes made me interested in making mods and rtw made me interested in history...and making mods!

sorry if that's too off topic...

Justiciar
02-07-2006, 20:22
Have you considered joining Attrebus, hoccalugee? I'm not entirely sure if he's still going on with it, but he intends to make a mod set around the War of Betony, perhaps for M:TW 2.

hoccalugee
02-08-2006, 17:23
M: TW = medieval total war? is that right... but i don't have it... only RTW and BI...

also I haven't played daggerfall, which is where his map is from... so i know nothing about that area of tamriel, i don't have a feel for it...

what is inspiring me is the thought of seeing the morrowind factions, races, arms and armour en masse battling it out in the morrowind evironment...

but i still want to do an entire continent campaign too, maybe start off doing morrowind because that's what i know best then after oblivion is released and more about the cyrodiil province is revealed, expand the map...

i would certainly like to work with attrebus, but i know little about what he wants to work on... and i don't have the game he wants to produce it for, it seems...

anyway, here's the map i made of tamriel, it's the same size as the base rtw map. it's just the shape and the base provinces, for modders interest only...
as you can see the small size of the map makes for a very generalised shape of vaardenfell...

if you want to see it in the game you need duke john's modding campaign template, here - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=50452...

i tried enlarging the map to double size and it didn't work... is there a maximum map size?

https://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4277/mapheights2uf.gif

[IMG]https://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9881/mapregions3mw.gif[/IMG

hoccalugee
02-08-2006, 17:28
so what's the story with "you may not edit your posts"?

https://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9881/mapregions3mw.gif

Lusted
02-08-2006, 19:21
M2:TW is the next TW game that is being developed.

And i believe you can't edit posts because you are a junior member.

Justiciar
02-08-2006, 20:15
What's all this nonsense about spelling it's abbreviation; M2:TW? It's Medieval: Total War 2, incase you've forgotten. It's CA's next game, Hoccalugee, with it's own forum here on .org. Take a look.

I haven't played Daggerfall either, but it's still Tamriel, and has some top notch lore behind it.

ThEWhITeStuFF
02-08-2006, 21:21
This is an interesting idea.

I would set the game post-Elder Scrolls IV though. By then the Empire's holdings have more or less collapsed because of an exhausting war against the Daedra, and we have a more likely set up for the massive wars between the civilizations.

I do not know what is possible with mods and what isn't, so bear with me.

Suggestions:

Imperials -
*Light and Medium Infantry, carrying large shields and spears or broadswords
*both armored Crossbowmen and armored Archers
*minimal cavalry
*superb forts, good trade, skilled diplomats, incorporate the "Voice of the Emperor" ability
*make sure to establish the different sorts of Infantry seen in Morrowind - we had the standard units, the more elite red/gold units which looked Roman, and the highest class of silver wearing guards used to protect the royalty in Ebonheart
*vulnerable to magic

Nords -
*barbarian civilization
*good navy
*next to no Archers/Cavalry/mages
*Nords were immune to Frost damage and resistant to shock damage
*frost bite, a low level close range magic spell could be incorporated
*generally high HP/low armor units which favor 2 handed swords and axes
*armored elite unit
*incorporate the shield ability they had in Morrowind, which significantly reduced damage for a short period of time (something like "Warcry", which instead of boosting morale gives them the statistical equivalent of armor for 30 secs or so)

Orcs
*barbarian civilization
*next to no Archers/Cavalry/mages
*medium/heavy armor infantry
*give them quite a few armor upgrades
*high HP
*axes/blunt weapons
*moderately resistant to magic

Bretons
*magic based civilization
*elite unit is an armored battlemage
*resistant to magic
*Bretons, like the Nords, have a shield ability
*increased ammunition for magic users (if possible)
*low HP units, mostly unarmored

Wood Elves/Bosmer
*archer based civilization with Longbows
*good ambush ability in forests
*fairly swift units/low HP
*light armor
*few mages/cavalry/infantry units
*infantry units should carry mostly short swords
*resistant to disease
*given their ability to communicate with animals, you can either give them animal units or some sort of economic bonus that incorporates this
*weak buildings

High Elves/Altmer
*magic based civilization
*greatly increased ammunition for magic users
*most high powered offensive magic
*weakness to fire, frost, shock, and other magical spells
*can summon melee units (mostly Dremoras, a highly armored Infantry unit - I would use them as a 1 turn mercenary unit if possible)

Argonians
*fast moving units
*medium/light armor
*lots of spears
*no cavalry/few archers
*emphasis on guerilla abilities, ambush along coastlines/water areas
*possible for units to swim through lakes instead of circumvent them?
*resistant to disease
*immune to poison, which could be incorporated through poison spells, poison arrows, or just an increased resistance to assassins

Redguards
*wide variety of heavily and medium armored infantry, including exceptional swordsmen and above average axe users/blunt weapon users
*though not fast, faster than average armored units
*Resist poison/disease
*Adrenaline Rush ability work as a souped up Warcry
*few mages/archers/cavalry
*slightly weaker than normal against magic

Dark Elves/Dunmer

This one is a bit hard, as we either come up with an incredibly versatile civilization, or have to break then down into factions - I will go with the former and the suggestion that the choice of "Great House" be like the choice in what Temple to build, each giving a specific unit you can build

*solid generic Dunmer Archer units
*solid generic Dunmer Mage units
*solid generic lightly armored sword using infantry
*minimal cavalry
*House Telvanni - ability to create good offensive mages, possibly summoning ability
*House Redoran - superb heavy infantry units
*House Hlaalu - I would suggest a weak Light Infantry unit to go with above average spies and a trade bonus
*House Dres - farming bonus, reasonably good medium/heavy infantry
*House Indoril - somewhat religion oriented units and a morale bonus to Ordinators
*Ashlander units - good ambushing light infantry and archers
*Ordinators - well armored mace carrying infantry
*Buoyant Armigers - I normally saw them wearing Glass Armor, which suggests Light Infantry - in any case, they should be extremely skilled swordsmen - I thought they were on average the best warriors of any faction in Morrowind

Khajiit
*beast race
*fast, good ambushers, lightly armored
*some units should fight with their claws
*"Eye of Fear" bonus should be incorporated, reducing the morale of their enemies
*no mages/cavalry
*Spies have no upkeep costs when in enemy cities (thieves)

Attrebus
02-08-2006, 21:56
Have you considered joining Attrebus, hoccalugee? I'm not entirely sure if he's still going on with it, but he intends to make a mod set around the War of Betony, perhaps for M:TW 2.

I'll join, yet I'm also trying to find a way to edit the campaign map and such for my Betony: Total War mod set in Hammerfall.

Since I dont have Photoshop or something, and PAINT doesnt want to open the files, I'm pretty screwed as of now with that.

Justiciar
02-09-2006, 02:43
Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to have Races as factions.. setting it after Oblivion could work, but I for one haven't played it, and so I know nothing of the games' events or ending. Aye, I'm a purist. Shock horror. If you do a Tamriel wide map, I'd say start it after Cuhlecain's assassination (2E 855-3E 200, 241 years in total, mebbe). Plenty of conflict.

Attrebus
02-09-2006, 03:00
Thats what I told htem on page one...there are almost a dozen factions per province, and to combine them into one faction per province would be as anachronistic as using one faction for the Barbarians, or 3 Roman factions, etc.

hoccalugee
02-09-2006, 03:14
i'll see if i can knock up a bretony map for you within a couple of days if you want attrebus... i was going to do one anyway as i saw the map you had and it looked like a good one to do, lots of provinces with the outlines clearly marked and named...unless you want to do it yourself of course

hoccalugee
02-09-2006, 03:20
attrebus...does anyone have a more detailed version of that betony map ie higher res?

so i am a junior...wow cool! i feel much younger now!

how do i advance in rank?

and why doesn't the powers that be change the ranking system to something more suitable... add a little more flavour...

like using legionary...decurion...centurion...that kind of stuff...

maybe i should keep the suggestions for until i'm a higher rank...

hoccalugee
02-09-2006, 03:24
hay attrebus this might be useful for you

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/

it's a free graphics editing application called gimp

hoccalugee
02-09-2006, 11:47
here's something else that might be of help:

https://img207.imageshack.us/img207/412/mapheights8tp.gif

https://img207.imageshack.us/img207/429/mapregions5ez.gif

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting (https://imageshack.us)

how do i advance in rank? ...etc

obviously not by asking foolish noob questions...

ThEWhITeStuFF
02-09-2006, 15:29
Thats what I told htem on page one...there are almost a dozen factions per province, and to combine them into one faction per province would be as anachronistic as using one faction for the Barbarians, or 3 Roman factions, etc.

Well you wouldn't make 1 faction per province.

I would split up Vvardenfell, for instance, into the Ascadian Isles, Bitter Coast, West Gash, Ashlands, Sheogorad, etc. The Empire has withdrawn from Vvardenfell, so they wouldn't be there. Neither would anyone but the Nords in the North.

Post Morrowind, most Dunmer groups have been united AFAIK. Even the Temple is supposed to be reaching out to the Dissidents. I don't think it's a huge stretch to have one faction represent them. The replacement of Temples with the choice of a House reflects the divisions within the society.

I don't think we even have enough information on the warriors of each House to create seperate civs for them anyway. Just a couple generic Bonemold units for the 3 Houses in Vvardenfell and the armors we see in the expansion.

hoccalugee
02-10-2006, 03:38
https://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4343/mapregions8re.gif

any comments to improve the map are appreciated...
borders...city locations...port locations, wasn't sure about some...

i'm picturing a lot of standard units from all over tamriel, so that people will be able to create most of the campaigns they are thinking of...technology doesn't seem to advance much in fantasy worlds so bonemold armour 200 years before will be pretty similar to bonemold armour 200 years later, the exception being maybe the imperials, as they may have improved units and tactics to have conquered tamriel...

my campaign map of tamriel wasn't meant to suggest that i thought the game should have these races and provinces, it's just as far as i got before i thought it needed to be bigger and more detailed to fit in the morrowind factions/sub provinces and also i didn't know how and where the other major provinces would be split into sub provinces...

there's a map of morrowind that shows the factions and their borders that was on a number of the tamriel lore sites and i had started making that one too...i would like the mod to remain as close to the original elder scrolls games as much as possible so really if that is going to happen we can only make a playable game from the betony/daggerfall or morrowind maps atm as these are the only detailed province maps i have found...

Attrebus
02-10-2006, 04:04
Great map, and thanks for the program link. Maybe now I can finally get to work on it in earnest with those maps as a base, if you dont mind, of course.

hoccalugee
02-10-2006, 05:04
that's why i posted them, so they can be of use to others as well, if you need the .tga files let me know...

i'm about half way through the height map, and if you like i'll leave it with you after that and start on the morrowind/vaardenfell map...

kburkert
02-18-2006, 15:07
I like morrowind im sure i can help in some way.

hoccalugee
02-20-2006, 15:57
cool kburket, what can you do?

i doubt this mod will ever get off the ground but i'm gonna keep posting stuff like this:

https://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8436/bm6wq.jpg

https://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6707/ss69vm.jpg

https://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1465/ss79lk.jpg

any constructive criticism?

there seems to be some difference between how the texture looks in max and in RTW... most noticeably the side of the head, some areas on the upper front torso, the upper arms and the texture of the left pauldron seems to be upside down...are these things normal?

still have some un-alpha-ed fringes around the shield to improve and horns have to be attached to the groin area (ahem)...

a bit over 800 polys.

i don't think this mod should get too serious...

Scorp
03-03-2006, 16:19
Very nice screens !
This are Redoran City Guards,aren't they ;) ?
We're makeing the morrowind total war mod too !
Maybe we can cooperate :D

Link
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=1081609#post1081609

Btw.
Map is sweet ! GJ !

Scorp
03-03-2006, 16:29
No "Edit" option here?
Well...
Sorry, i haven't known that you are the person who comment our screens :D

hoccalugee
03-04-2006, 04:05
hi scorp!

these guys are the hlaalu city guards called lawmakers i think...

or maybe that's just their rank in house hlaalu...

won't take much effort to make them redoran though.

yes, lets work together and continue discussion in the forge forum and by email.