PDA

View Full Version : Challenge

Squirrel_of_hatred
04-09-2005, 08:59
Bet that title got your attention Lads, no body plays the gauls and for good reason its bloody hard that didnt stop me from getting a couple of online heroic victorys flatland 1v1 10k vs rome. So can anybody else do this if so do they have a replay? If not are you up to the task to 1) shut me up and 2) prove your a worthy general by winning against the odds with an inferior army.

If not then i say those of you (non beginners) who play with stronger factions are COWARDS :furious3:

NihilisticCow
04-09-2005, 11:05
I do have replays of me as Gaul beating romans, but I'm not sure it's fair to post them as I don't think the roman players concerned were very good... well they lost to gaul...
Having fun with Numidia at the moment ~:) I think they're definitely under rated for low denarii games (6k)

Craterus
04-09-2005, 12:49
I've only had MP 3 days and I've already had a couple of heroic victoies but I've mainly played down the list e.g. Julii, Brutii, Scipii, S.P.Q.R, Macedon, Egypt, Carthage and Seleucid.. But I had a go with Scythia and I won. When I get to the Gaul, I'll take on the Romans

Squirrel_of_hatred
04-09-2005, 16:30
Thats the spirit lads beat the romans against the odds think of it as william wallace and his rag tag warriors defeating the english and nihilist if the romans yoiu beat as gaul used normal roman units/a sensible army then sure post the replay id like to have a look, here if you can or i have a thread in 1g forums / Rome total war / replays / barbarians strike back. Cheers...

NihilisticCow
04-09-2005, 18:20
As an englishman, I'm not sure I want to think of Gaul vs Rome as Wallace vs England.... it might intice me to lose and then get annoyed at Mel Gibson and co for rewriting history ~;)
But anyway........... I have posted a replay at the 1g forums... I don't seem to have saved many Gaul games - I go through phases of saving and not saving... So I think this is quite an early game for me (and not too good)... But the choice versus Rome was of either this game or one where I defeated an all army consisting entirely of praetorian cavalry which I justed enjoyed :charge:

Squirrel_of_hatred
04-11-2005, 03:04
I got that nihilist thank you kindly quite a decisive win i agree the barbs ability to hide should be used to full effect if you have any more you know what to do. and fair play for completing the CHALLENGE.

AquaLurker
04-11-2005, 10:48
Done that been there, but not with gauls. It is more of a joint effort. Barbs aganist romans and their allies, not sure if I still have the replay, 12.5k 3v3 Barb alliance consist of Numidians(me ~D)with no ele, Brits and Spain, aganist an army of 2 Romans and a Dacian. All good players which make the victory even sweeter.

It was a supprising victory for us. ~D

Squirrel_of_hatred
04-11-2005, 12:16
Glad to hear it got the replay? im trying to learn as much as i can from the barbarians and i have a game plan for all but the gauls which i have a good idea but have not finalised yet if you can throw the replay to the address mentioned somewhere above that'd be cool.