PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants A Tournament?

Pages : [1] 2

Shambles
04-20-2005, 07:48
Hello ,

Ive decided to start holding some shogun Total war Tourniments.
Its a prety Simple lay Out really,

I hope to get 8 players,
Then devide them in to four groups of 2
Who will the nplay 2 matches 1 attacking and 1 defending,
With a third Being played as a decider.
Any server can be used,
All participants Must have Log files enabled.
And each battle log file will be E-mailed to The Adress below.

The winner will proceed through to the next round where The same process will happen, Vs the winner from the Next block,

Then we will be left with 2 people who will follow the same rulles,

Hopefully we can do this On a some what regular basis,

if you want to Join Email me,
at
shogun_tourniment@hotmail.com

And you may want to make a Unique Picture for the Tourniment board.
have a look at it so you can get the dimentions of a picture right,
www.shoguntw.2ya.com

(i will make a few my self that people can choose between)
Please feel free to Post your intrest or questions In here,

Thanx for your time.

ShambleS
:bow:

Togakure
04-20-2005, 08:07
What will the koku per player be for each battle?

What map(s) will be used for the first two battles, and the tie-breaker if necessary? Will the same maps be used by all players, for each match on a tier? Will different maps be used for different tiers?

What stat will be used?

Will there be any limitations (e.g. 4 max of a unit type, no ashigaru, etc.)?

How big will unit sizes be?

Will morale on, fatigue on, limited ammo, and restricted camera be required?

TheWingedVictory
04-20-2005, 08:16
i want to join the tournament because although my mtw is not working I am sure my stw will work. Though does anyone know why I can never get connected to a stw server for mp?

Shambles
04-20-2005, 08:25
I will examine the terrains tonight (after i sleep) as they should get progressivley harder For the attacker. and will name them tomorrow,
I think 10k koku should be fine with max of 4 units of same type to be chosen,
And prehaps Only 1 unit of asgaru or ninja guys allowed.

Moral fatigue limited camera and limited ammo will all be in effect,
V1.02b stats should be used,

And we could Use a even terrain ,
We can iron out the details,

The winged victory,

You may need to configure your self for online play,
Tosa has a server and so do i,
I have a program on my web page that allows you to Chose which 1 to use if your not very technical,
Or you can Edit your Internet.cfg file.
There are Details of what to do In STW MP thread

here is a link to the server thingy.
http://shoguntw.2ya.com/ShamblesTW.exe

p.s

Eventhough i prefer playing with 120 men in a unit,
I beleve 60 should be the limit,
this should help Both time and lower end pc users.

Togakure
04-20-2005, 08:58
If the first two games are played on the same map, with both players having to attack and defend on it, then I think the maps used could be of a wide variety. The tiebreaker should be played on the fairest map possible however. In the tournaments I've seen, tiebreakers are played on the Ironing Board (IB, which is completely flat). Maybe a small set of maps could be identified, and the players allowed to choose (consesus required) for the first two battles. Or, you could assign different maps to the different tiers.

My opinion: if 1.02 is used, the 4 max rule and no ashi rules should be used. Armies made up solely of Superashi and musks will dominate otherwise and, imo, ruin the gameplay. Ninja and Kensai are costly and not particularly effective (they don't really unbalance the battles), so I don't think you need to limit them, other than the 4 max rule.

The problem with ashigaru: they are very cheap, and cheap to upgrade. An H9w3a3 ashi kicks serious butt on any other unit in a 10K army, and they shouldn't (unrealistic, etc.). Even one Superashi would be a problem, I think.

Again my opinion: good standard maps for 1v1 are IB, Totomi, Azukizaka, Nagashima, and 4th Kawanakajima (as long as both have to attack one game; 4th is slanted in favor of defense for 1v1 because of the small central hill on the defense side). Yamato is a very odd map, and fun to play because the "normal" army compositions don't work that well there. There are some nice maps in the mappacks, but many do not have them and it would add a requirement to competing that might cause complications, possibly whittling away at an already small pool of interested players.

Things to consider. Based on prior experiences, I think it would be wise to have a concrete structure and set of rules before proceeding.

Togakure
04-20-2005, 09:01
I'm glad you'll go for the 60-man unit. Technical performance aside, I think it allows for a lot more manuevering, which makes for more interesting battles and tactics.

Shambles
04-20-2005, 17:36
If the first two games are played on the same map, with both players having to attack and defend on it, then I think the maps used could be of a wide variety. The tiebreaker should be played on the fairest map possible however. In the tournaments I've seen, tiebreakers are played on the Ironing Board (IB, which is completely flat). Maybe a small set of maps could be identified, and the players allowed to choose (consesus required) for the first two battles. Or, you could assign different maps to the different tiers.

My opinion: if 1.02 is used, the 4 max rule and no ashi rules should be used. Armies made up solely of Superashi and musks will dominate otherwise and, imo, ruin the gameplay. Ninja and Kensai are costly and not particularly effective (they don't really unbalance the battles), so I don't think you need to limit them, other than the 4 max rule.

The problem with ashigaru: they are very cheap, and cheap to upgrade. An H9w3a3 ashi kicks serious butt on any other unit in a 10K army, and they shouldn't (unrealistic, etc.). Even one Superashi would be a problem, I think.

Again my opinion: good standard maps for 1v1 are IB, Totomi, Azukizaka, Nagashima, and 4th Kawanakajima (as long as both have to attack one game; 4th is slanted in favor of defense for 1v1 because of the small central hill on the defense side). Yamato is a very odd map, and fun to play because the "normal" army compositions don't work that well there. There are some nice maps in the mappacks, but many do not have them and it would add a requirement to competing that might cause complications, possibly whittling away at an already small pool of interested players.

Things to consider. Based on prior experiences, I think it would be wise to have a concrete structure and set of rules before proceeding.

The tie breaker board was alredy going to be the ironing board
"for all tie breakers"

Whats a superashi?
Yari ashigaru?
They are no more dangerous than musketeers. and die quite redily under fire.
I do not see the problem with them,
(unless of course you want to dominate using cav.)
"but i have been using v1.0 for a while"
So i will throw This one to the forum,

Who els thinks that the ashi's should not be used,
Please Post

Im going to look at some terrains in a min,
Just need to make a coffe 1st,

So il be back soon

Shambles
04-20-2005, 17:40
I'm glad you'll go for the 60-man unit. Technical performance aside, I think it allows for a lot more manuevering, which makes for more interesting battles and tactics.

I have no difficultys manoovering 120 man units (its what im used to)
Its just technical side and the time span of the battles that had me worried.

Shambles
04-20-2005, 18:07
Ok i think terrains could be

Easiest (the 1st) Bizen
Modorate (second) Awa "this can be debatable"
Hardest (the finals) Awaji

All tie breakers played on The Ironing board,

And weather is the attackers Choice,
(becous its a tactical decision I will not remove it)

Now Please post about These Terrains
I dont think Il change Awaji
but I may change the others upon request,

Id like feed back on the "super ashi" subject,

And all entrants Should send me a email ,
A small Unique sig Like picture Soould be made, To be added to the tourniment board,
Haing your Game/forum name in the Picture woul be a good Idea,
Emailing me these pictures would be Nice,

I will go and try to make some unique pics for those who Would rather chose than make 1,

So,
To recap,

Super ashi.... Need feed back.

Terrains, Awaji Will stay You can debate other 2

And emails to be sent to

Thats... Shogun_Tourniment

Please debate points Here.

Please do not email me with Map requests,
And instead Debate their choice here,

Thank you

ShambleS

Togakure
04-20-2005, 23:19
Probably the best way to illustrate the Ashi problem is to fight a battle against them. I however, have never used a Superashi army, so I wouldn't be the best person to do this. Maybe there is someone here from the old days that knows a 10K 1.02 superashi army and can demonstrate? I can try, but I may not be able to effectively drive the point home.

If someone knowledgeable about this is out there reading this, if you cannot take the time to demonstrate, maybe they could list the makeup of a Superashi army which I could then use to try and demonstrate why they tend to unbalance battles?

Moving large units around the map isn't what I meant m8. Of course that can be done effectively. With smaller units, there is more space on the map, which allows for more flanking and manuevering etc. That was my point.

I'm somewhat familiar with Bizen for MP, but not the other maps you've listed, as they were not used often by players on the official server back in the day. I'll have a look at them and share my opinion later.

RabidGibbon
04-20-2005, 23:28
Hey Shambles,

I've sent in my tournament application but on re-reading Shambles message it occurs to me I sent it to Shoguntourniment rather than shogun_tourniment :embarassed: .

Have you received it or should I resend?

Shambles
04-20-2005, 23:37
Could every 1 interested please Visit
http://shoguntw.2ya.com
And look in the tourniment section please

Ive added some back grounds,
for images for the Tourniment board.

RabidGibbon Could you also check out the site as it has some details you may want.
And btw i did not recve any email sorry,
But that could be my fault as i neglected to finish setting up My hotmail account,
(its done now though)

Thank you for your Intrest.

ShambleS

P.S

Super ashi will be Left out of the tourniment.

Shambles
04-20-2005, 23:46
By the way,
Ive decided entrants will be Given there initial Placing
in accordance with when they joined the tourniment.

I.e 1st person who joins gets 1st space in the 1st block
second person gets 1st space in second Block
and so on,

Any objections and I will gladly rethink the matter,
And use some sort of Random factor, like picking straws :P
Or pick a name out of a hat,

so far 50% of the needed players have expressed an Intrest
and theres still more spaces,

Please Join And we can then Iron out The time's of play,

thanks
ShambleS

Togakure
04-21-2005, 03:21
Here's an idea to consider:

RabidGibbon and I had some more games tonight. In a couple of them, we chose not to use muskets in favor of archers. Though the battles turned out to be ferocious melees because of the starting positions we chose, not having muskets in the mix would change the ranged war aspect of a battle drastically and make for an interesting contrast. Perhaps allowing muskets in some tiers, but not in others?

Man, that huge ridge in the back of the Awaji map is a tremendous challenge for the attacker (a big height advantage plus fatigue, having to march across or around and up while also running the risk of ranged fire from above). Still, I guess if each competitor has to both attack and defend there it should be ok. The challenge would be for an attacker to overcome the significant disadvantage in order to take both the attacking and defending games.

Bizen is nice. Despite the valley in the middle, there are good options open to the attacker, no matter where the defender chooses to set up.

Forgot what the other map was when we were in the foyer. We'll give it a test run tomorrow mostly likely.

Is there any way to get the on-battlefield chat working? It sure is a bummer that we can't communicate on the field. This would be especially true in 2v2 or 3v3 battles (which I'm hoping we can have soon! I've e-mailed my wingm8 Anskar so hopefully he'll bring his purple banner and cheery demeanor, and join us soon).

Shambles
04-21-2005, 03:45
Glad to hear of more people joining :)
Could turn out to be good fun :)
I see me going out 1st round personally lol

as for game chat.
You can use roger wilco as a voice chat i spose, (allows multiple user chat)
But i dont know why battle chat dosent work.

If it works in Tosa's server Then you can easily play there.
Il just need a log file from both competitors.

And toga... Have you chosen a pic or made 1 for the torney board?
Id like to put you in your slot,
(theres more detail of this in the tourniment section of my site)
Also TheWingedVictory...
Could you let me know if you will be involved in this tourniment
thnx,

ShambleS

Togakure
04-21-2005, 03:52
For those interested, I conducted a little test using single units:

Warrior Monk H4, at a cost of 1078 koku, vs.
Yari Ashigaru, H8w3a2, at a cost of 1083 koku.

Weather was a fine day, map was IB, fatigue, morale on etc. I marched to the center of the map to meet the attacking WM so as to incure similar fatigue.

The WMs fought to the last man. I simply attacked (I don't think I allowed much space or time to get much of a charge bonus), and even with the -2 morale penalty inflicted by the monks and charge bonus, the end result was victory for the Yari Ashigaru, having 26 men left.

With the added spear bonus against cav, the SuperYA shreds any cav unit of similar cost with ease and negligible losses.

1000+ for a single unit is high for a 10,000 koku game, but I think the point is clear: if you inexpensively upgrade the inexpensive YA unit, it quickly exceeds the role intended for it and becomes "super," unbalancing an already borderline Rock, Paper, Scissors arrangement in 1.02 (muskets being another culprit, but one that is checked to most players' satisfaction by the 4 max rule).

EDIT: Ran another 1 unit vs. 1 unit test, this time between:

YA H7w3a2 costing 848 koku, vs.
No Dachi H5w1 costing 943 koku

The H5w1 is probably the most common variant used for NDs that I've seen in STW/WE/MI MP.

Same setup as before, flat, fine day, realism on. The No Dachi lost, having 1 man left, which fled. The YA had 15 men left.

These costs are more in line with what you'll typically spend on average for infantry units. Again, the souped-up YA wins in a situation where it really shouldn't when considering the YA role in a medieval Japanese army.

EDIT2:

YA: H7w2a2, costing 790
WM: H3, costing 770 (note the big diff. in cost between H3 and H4 monks)

Same controls in place. WMs fought to the last man; YA won with 33 men left.

Togakure
04-21-2005, 03:59
Shambles m8, I confess I have some issues with participating unless you are unable to get enough players. First off, I tend to shy away from formal competitions. Second, I feel silly competing because so many players are fairly new to Shogun MP, and I would have an unfair advantage given that I've played a bit of MP for a while now. If you end up with 7 peeps, of course I'll play to enable the tourney to proceed. But I think it might be better for me to wait until the next tourney or two in order to allow for the new players to get some games in and get warmed up. I don't want to give anyone the impression that I'm the "bully" or "big fish in a little pond" type (I can't stand folks like that, personally). I would certainly like to observe some of the tourney battles though! ~:)

Togakure
04-21-2005, 07:43
Part of being a successful MP taisho lies in being clever on the battlefield. Part lies in developing good control techniques (how to use the game's controls quickly and effectively in the heat of battle). But a big part of succeeding lies in what units you select for your army, and the honor levels and upgrades applied to them. This depends a lot on what stat is in use, but as this tournament will be using 1.02, I thought it might be helpful to share my observations about units for folks who might be new to STW MP.

Here's a general breakdown of units and honor/upgrades that I've commonly seen over the last year and a half or so, playing 1.02 online:

Naginata Cavalry: H3-H4 (4 being most common; don't see a lot of wep or armor upgrades). Easily the most popular of the assault cav types because of its balanced speed and high base morale.

Heavy Cavalry: H3-H4 (3 being most common; don't see a lot of wep or armor upgrades). Slower and less manueverable in a pinch, they have better defense and armor than the other cav types.

Yari Cavalry: H3-H4 (4 being the most common; don't see a lot of wep or armor upgrades). Fastest, best against other cav types, but lower base morale. Not used nearly as much as Nag cav, but often used well by cav-savvy players as anti-cav units (they get the spear bonus inherent in Yari).

Cav Archers: H0-H1 (0 being the most common; don't see a lot of wep or armor upgrades). Primarily used for harrassing flanks and chasing down routers. High cost precludes upgrading them as it doesn't yield a commensurate gain in (melee) performance. Ranged performance improves only marginally with honor increase. can be used to lower opponent morale by circling to flank or rear after the main line engages.

Yari Ashigaru: not usually allowed because of the "Super" ashi probem described earlier.

Muskets: H1-H3 (2 being the most common). Sometimes an armor upgrade (of 1) is used. Honor beyond H4 doesn't seem to affect musket ranged effectiveness very much. Those who emphasize the ranged war often bring H3 or even H3A1. I don't like spending that much on musks, but that's just me.

Arquebusiers: rarely used because they become useless in rain, unlike muskets (which are significantly less effective, but still fire and inflict a morale penalty on targets).

Samurai Archers: H0-H1. Though they will often outshoot musketeers in the early stages of a ranged exchange, they eventually run out of ammo (while musketeers very rarely do). They melee much better than musketeers, but not when up against most other troop types. Again, ranged ability is not significantly improved with honor upgrades beyond H1, so koku is usually better spent elsewhere.

Yari Samurai: H5-H6 (6 being the most common; often see wep and armor upgrades). A staple in any army for their anti-cav capability. Higher honor is needed because of their low base morale (lower than 5 and they tend to run before doing their duty). Probably the widest variation in commonly used combinations (h5w2, h5w1a1, h6, h6w1, h6w1a1). I even use H7a1 or H7w1 in a very unusual army from time to time (these cost a fortune, so they aren't usually practical).

Warrior Monks: H3-H4 (3 being most common; H4 is expensive; don't often see wep/armor upgrades because of high cost). Monks seem underpowered in 1.02 given their cost. Most players Ive seen use higher honor No Dachi with weapon upgrades instead. Note: monks have been improved and are more commonly used with the 1.03 and 1.05 stats.

No Dachi: H4-H6 (5 being the most common; often see weapon upgrades). No Dachi are the shock troop of choice for most. H5, H5W1, and H5W2 are very common. H4 are used by some, working well as flanking units after the main line has engaged. H6 are expensive so are not seen that often, but I've seen some players use them.

Naginata: H3-H4 (4 being the most common; occasionally see weapon upgrades if H3 is chosen). Naginata infantry are slow, and their base morale is low. Their defense is good, and thus a few players will use them when intending to remain relatively stationary and grouped together, particularly if they are on high ground. Note: the Naginata infantry unit's base morale is doubled in the 1.03 stat, making them much better. They aren't used that often in 1.02.

Kensai: H0-H1 (don't often see upgrades because of high cost, maybe an armor upgrade if being used as a gen; Kensai have great stats anyway so ...). I've seen many veteran players scoff at the Kensai unit, but I've also seen many vets use them as a general to good effect. Some wily coyotes will attempt to hide them amidst their No Dachi units (they are red like the No Dachi). At H0-H1 starting honor, it's not unusual to see them gain 1-3 honor points during the battle, because they kill so rapidly. Kensai do get shot by guns rather easily if targeted.

Battlefield Ninja: rarely used. They can be seen moving, and despite their superior combat ability, that they only have 12 men in a unit usually spells their doom once they're detected. Occasionally used on maps with a large percentage of forested area.

Generals: this is a matter of style really. I would say the the majority bring Nag Cav gens in 1.02. You'll see Heavy Cav gens too. Some bring Yari Samurai gens because it's hard to kill them with cavalry. On rare occasions you'll see a monk or no dachi general, but I love to shoot these ... . Kensai gens are occasionally used. Using musketeers or archers or cav archers as generals doesn't make a lot of sense because the last thing you want is for your general to flee when the going gets rough, and these units have low base morale. Because they are so slow and have low base morale, Naginata infantry are usually used as gens only when defending and fairly stationary (they tire rapidly due to their heavy armor when moving a lot).

What combination of units to use really depends on the map, whether your attacking or defending, and your style. The majority tend to bring balanced armies with at least 4 foot ranged units (muskets in 1.02). With infantry, the ratio between Yari Samurai and shock troops (monks and no dachi) varies greatly from player to player. Usually most bring at least 2 Yari Samurai as anti-cav units, unless they are intending to rush. If rushing, they often use Yari Cav instead. Nag Cav are by far the most popular assault cavalry, but you will see Heavy Cav and Yari Cav too. Cav archers seem popular, but are often poorly used. Usually you will see up to two units in an army. Some don't bring any, and bring a couple of archer units to complement their 4 musketeers instead (a powerful ranged war setup). On rare occasions you'll find players that bring 3 or more cav archer units. Those that are good with cav archers can wreak havoc on an opponent lacking the right counters ... .

Cav dominant or all-cav armies are usually only used by those new to MP. It's rather easy to counter them if you're careful. I've only encountered a couple of people that could control all-cav armies well and win with them with any consistency. If a map is fairly flat and lacks tree cover (IB, Totomi), then having more cav than usual can work well. Overall however, balanced armies, fine-tuned to a map, do best in my experience.

All that being said, experiment and discover what works for you. I just share this information because sometimes it's frustrating when you're new and keep getting defeated time and time again. Knowing the general ranges of honor and upgrades for the troop types can help a lot in designing effective armies, which is the first step to succeeding as an MP taisho.

Drisos
04-21-2005, 09:26
Sound great to me, but I don't know if I stand a single chance against guys like Toga. The reinstallation of my internet at home is slowed down AGAIN, it'll come next week at monday, would that be too late?

Hi Rabidgibbon, welcome to the .org, i see you're still a junior member while you're active for a while, if you'd like to become full member soon, you can try introducing yourself to KukriKhan in the thread: 'Hail New Members (introductions)', which is in the entrance hall. ~:)

Welcome TheWingedVictory! I wish you a nice stay at the .org, for the tech. part, you should ask someone else, I'm a tech. disaster. :embarassed:

Togakure
04-21-2005, 10:31
Drisos m8, do your best to get your STW problem fixed--there are a lot of techies around who love to help people, not just here but elsewhere on the 'net and in your area where you live.

When you do, come and drill with me/us. My guess is, you are better than you think you are. I drilled with other friends last year; at first they could not beat me very often. After a couple of months, I could not beat THEM very often!! And it made me glad, honestly, because it was like the students becoming better than the teacher. I love that.

I think Shambles intends to hold tourneys a lot, so if you don't get your STW working before this one starts, there's always the next one.

Apply your energy and motivation m8, don't let that machine beat you! You are smarter than it is, and you have a lot more resources at your disposal. Good luck, hurry up and get your butt in the STW foyer! ~:)

R'as al Ghul
04-21-2005, 10:35
Fellow Taishos,

I thought it might be nice to look at some Armies I have encountered online:
http://img242.echo.cx/img242/6914/unbenannt13wr.jpg

http://img242.echo.cx/img242/6164/unbenannt7hs.jpg

10.000 Koku is the usual limit.
1.03 stats were used.

R'as

Togakure
04-21-2005, 11:03
Interesting indeed ~:). These demonstrate the wide variety in ratio between ysams and shock troops between players. I am very surprised to see h3 ysams. Perhaps the player was using them strictly to protect flanks against cav? h7w1 No Dachi!!! Sheesh! First time I've ever seen those used. That last army is an interesting one ... very interesting. Reminds me a little of one of Wolf Kansuke's tournament armies, except this one emphasizes strong ysams instead of a balance between both strong ysams and strong ND for infantry. Might have to play with that one a bit. The first one reminds me of an AggonyBetou army, though his armies are quite varied. I seem to remember being rushed by him with an army like this one.

I'm surprised given that 1.03 was used, that Nag Inf and Monks weren't used more. They are so much better in 1.03 than 1.02. Interesting too, that 4 musks are still used despite it being 1.03. Old habits die hard I guess.

These are quite different from the 1.03 armies I saw in Kas' tourney. But his tourney had a 7000 koku limit, so that must be why. If I remember correctly Puzz3D wrote that 1.03 was designed to be best-balanced at 7-8K. But whatever the players like, I say. I like 10K for 1.02, 8K for 1.03, and 9-10K for Mongol 1.05 battles.

R'as al Ghul
04-21-2005, 11:14
Toga,

now that you say it, I'm not sure anymore if we used 1.03.
The games were either played friendly or in the 7Bear7-Tournament.
Players included Shingaijin, Kansuke, Heavysword, Mimesaka and some Aggonys.
The monk army was Kansukes if irc.
Perhaps someone sees this and could clarify.
If our moderator (Mimesaka aka Sasaki) shows up, he could probably tell.
R'as

P.S.: I was instructed by the guys to not use Naginata at all.
~D It went something like this:
"Itto, you're new, mind if i tell you what to buy?"
"Sure, go ahead"
Then followed a long list of cryptic (to me at the time) combinations of "H", numbers and abbreviations for the units. :dizzy2: But I got used to it quite fast.

Togakure
04-21-2005, 11:30
... P.S.: I was instructed by the guys to not use Naginata at all.
~D It went something like this:
"Itto, you're new, mind if i tell you what to bye?"
"Sure, go ahead"
Then followed a long list of cryptic (to me at the time) combinations of "H", numbers and abbreviations for the units. :dizzy2: But I got used to it quite fast.
ROFLMAO! Brings back memories of the private conversations I had with the guys back in the day. Kans would coach me a lot, and I appreciated it because he is a great player. Betou also. He was actually my first trainer, and thanks to him my days as a hapless greenie were shorter than those of most. Now it's my turn to pass on the kindnesses ... . Mimesaka had a different approach to instruction--he just pounded me into the dust again, and again, and again ... GAH!

I am of the school that never uses nag inf also. In my previous post, I tried not to let my personal bias affect my descriptions of what I had observed. Nag inf are just too slow, tire too quickly, and because of their low morale at typical 10K honor levels, will run if even moderately flanked. If you were openly coached not to used them at all however, that would lead me to believe that 1.02 was being used. 1.02 was used for Yogi's Fight Club league.

Shambles
04-21-2005, 19:04
Sound great to me, but I don't know if I stand a single chance against guys like Toga. The reinstallation of my internet at home is slowed down AGAIN, it'll come next week at monday, would that be too late?

Hi Rabidgibbon, welcome to the .org, i see you're still a junior member while you're active for a while, if you'd like to become full member soon, you can try introducing yourself to KukriKhan in the thread: 'Hail New Members (introductions)', which is in the entrance hall. ~:)

Welcome TheWingedVictory! I wish you a nice stay at the .org, for the tech. part, you should ask someone else, I'm a tech. disaster. :embarassed:

so far there are 5 spaces left 4 if winged victory lets me kow hel be playing.

so There could be some time yet

Im leaving out the super ashi
Cos ppl are telling me about them,
So Interested ppl need to check out the tourniment page on my site,
cos you need a picture , (all is explained there)

So its version 1.02.
No super ashi
2 battles 1 attacking 1 defending,
And then a tie breaker on the ironing board if score is 1 each
60 men in a unit,
and Maximum of 4 units of 1 type.
the 1st 2 terrains are yet to be properly decided,
So oppinions would be nice

and the last 1 will be awaji Becous Its a killer.

http://Shoguntw.2ya.com
or go directly here
http://freespace.virgin.net/shambles.instalations/bckGrnd.html

Shambles
04-22-2005, 10:00
Places are starting to fill up now :)

So please come fill up the rest of them
All skill levels are welcome,

Its Just fun :)

And it should help revive The STW multi player Games,

Thank you for your support
ShambleS

Drisos
04-22-2005, 11:20
Maybe we can find enough players for a 16-player-tournament, the forum still got lots of STW players. ~;)

I never played STW MP before, cause when I just thought I was ready for it, the tech. problem started. :embarassed: I could use some help in finding out how to play MP. ~:confused:

:bow: I hope to participate, Toga convinced me! :thumbsup: :bow:

Shambles
04-22-2005, 12:42
:) Good
Just need to fix your game now :)

Shambles
04-23-2005, 18:16
the winged victory,
You seemed to have stoped Expressing a interest in the tourniment m8,

Ive sent you a pm, But i dont know how often you come on to the forum,
Send me a email If you want to join the tourniment please,

I see more people posting in the sword dojo latley :)
I hope that some of you will also join the tourniment,

All skill levels are welcome,
Im not all that good so il probably go out 1st round, lol
But its just a bit of fun,

So please feel free to Join,
Dont think of it as "id just be showing off"
Just think of it as "i should let these people play against me"

Thanx again
ShambleS

Drisos
04-25-2005, 09:29
Toga, if I get to playin' STW again before the tounament starts, would you be up for a few MP battles with me?

please...please...please :bow:

Togakure
04-25-2005, 14:06
Of course m8, I'll play as many as you want ~:). I absolutely love playing (except maybe against Sasaki, lol; he just has me totally psyched out). Just let me know when you're ready and we'll meet and play. I'm in the west USA though so we'll have to work out when. But we will.

Hope to see you soon m8. :bow:

Shambles
04-25-2005, 17:27
are you back online now drisos?

Cha
04-26-2005, 02:28
I would like to join in the tournament. I sent an e-mail message, Shambles.
I have not played STW:WE in a long time. So let me go against an easy player. ~D

Shambles
04-26-2005, 05:24
i receved your email,
was in my junk mail but i found it,
and have replied

thanx
ShambleS

Drisos
04-27-2005, 10:17
are you back online now drisos?

not yet...and as soon as I do, I still have to get STW running again. :embarassed:

Thanks Toga, I live in holland, that's GMT + 01.00 , I don't know which zone you're in? Mostly, I could be online by 13.45-17.30 and 19.00-21.00, that's in GMT, if you translate your times that you're online into GMT too, we'll see if it works out! ~:)

I'm looking forward to the games!(and just the SP games too, it's been MONTHS ago :dizzy2: )

C y'all later! :bow:

Shambles
04-30-2005, 10:26
Bumping this thread as we still need some more entries.
:)
Hope to see some names.

HunkinElvis
04-30-2005, 17:12
Hi.
I'd like to join in the tournament. :bow:

Shambles
04-30-2005, 20:51
Hi elvis You need to visit the tourniment page of my web site please :)
get a picture for the tourniment board..

Just checked my mail,
And i have added you to the tourniment board :)

There are 2 spaces left now,
One is drisos Hopefully when he gets stw fixed and pc back online,
But winged victory hasnt replied or expressed futher interest,
so there is still room for some 1 els to join.

Heres the board so far,
http://shoguntw.2ya.com/stwstats.htm

Thank you
ShambleS

ShakaKahn
05-02-2005, 09:29
Hi people.
I'd like to join.

P.S.- I didn't know an ashigaru would be a problem in MP. I can easily flank an ashigaru.

Togakure
05-02-2005, 11:52
I explained the Superashi in detail further up the thread. I ran some simple tests and posted results as well. It should be plain why they unbalance the game. Outflank or no, superashis will shred other units if used with moderate skill. They shouldn't.

The superashi issue was so prevalent and debated during the first few years of Shogun that a general rule eventually emerged where ashi were not normally permitted in 1.02 games. When I came on board in September of 2003, the rule was firmly in place, and people would get cranky if they saw an ashi--even if it wasn't "supered" up.

Shambles
05-02-2005, 19:20
1 space left,
Drisos..... get fixed :)
and get your self a picture :)

Shambles
05-03-2005, 10:14
Ok one of our contestants droped out.

Reason:
Other interests mean less time to play Stw.

so that means there are 2 spaces left now,

Also the tourniment board had to be re aranged so, peliminary matches ar now difrent to what they were origionaly going to be,

Could all contestants please confirm They are still willing to play. Please leave messages here :)

And all new entries Please visit my web page's Tourniment section.
Thank you

ShambleS

Drisos
05-03-2005, 11:18
I'm working on it, but no results so far . . .

The picture will be later, OK first priority is STW at the moment.

:) where are my smileys?

RabidGibbon
05-03-2005, 23:28
Im still raring to go.

Drisos
05-04-2005, 08:00
STW is working again!!

YES!!!

back online too!!

YES!!!

I want tot join, how can I sign in, Shambles?

Toga, I have all the time in the world from today afternoon til sunday evening, please tell me when and how to start our battles?

I'm so glad shogun has come back to me!

Togakure
05-04-2005, 08:06
I'm glad to hear it Drisos ~:).

What time zone are you in? I am West USA, but I have a pretty flexible schedule, so I'm sure we can arrange some time. I believe GMT is 8 hours ahead of me (Pacific Standard Time, PST), so PM me and let me know when you'd like to meet, GMT time, and I'll do what I can to hook up with you for some games.

Drisos
05-04-2005, 08:11
Thanks Toga, I live in holland, that's GMT + 01.00 , I don't know which zone you're in? Mostly, I could be online by 13.45-17.30 and 19.00-21.00, that's in GMT, if you translate your times that you're online into GMT too, we'll see if it works out! ~:)

I'm looking forward to the games!(and just the SP games too, it's been MONTHS ago :dizzy2: )

C y'all later! :bow:

I posted this a while ago, you probably missed it, never mind. :)

Togakure
05-04-2005, 08:22
Um, ok lol, that's 5:45am to 9:30am and 11:00am to 1:00pm my time I think. Check you PM Box when you come here during these times. If I am available I'll send you a message and we can meet. My MSN addy is funkymonk002@hotmail.com, so if you have MSN Messenger you can add me as a contact. MSN makes it really easy to check to see if someone's available.

Check your PM tomorrow. If you want some tips and training manuevers we don't have a lot of time before the tournament so we better get started soon.

Shambles
05-04-2005, 08:49
Glad to hear it drisos. :)
All i need from you is a picture you want to use for tourniment board.
Send it via email please,

email adress on the site :)

Drisos
05-04-2005, 09:30
OK shambles, I'll do it today!

Shambles, or anyone else, please tell me the e-mail here, I cannot open Shambles's site, my PC starts talking crap about macromedia flash, but when I try installing, it doesn't work, so I don't know the adress yet.

Drisos
05-04-2005, 10:32
Text keeps disappearing in my sig. hows that possible?? :confused:

Cha
05-04-2005, 20:20
Shambles, is your server working?

Shambles
05-05-2005, 00:56
You dont haft to use flash for my site.
I have flash butons and text links.
so you can just tell it not to install,
But email is

Shambles
05-05-2005, 00:57
Yes cha Sorry but it was sposed to be runing on the back up servere whils i optimized mine, Seems like the back up servere failed to work again.
Its back up now,

Edit
I forgot to click start :(
But its REALLY runing now lol.
03.00 GMT 5/5/05

Cha
05-05-2005, 05:13
I met someone named Grey Wolf at MTW and he will join your tournament. I hope he remembered to E-mail you. ~:)

Shambles
05-05-2005, 06:03
Il be needing every 1 involved to come post times when they can play, So we can organize when each game should take place,

Also please make shure that you have Log battle files enabled Before starting a game,
And that you should send me those log files, after the battles are done,

I will run through the rules again soon

Thank you all for your interest :)

ShambleS

Drisos
05-05-2005, 09:44
I sent the e-mail, have you got it?

Shambles
05-05-2005, 10:00
just cehecked and yes i did thanx,
Do u want your name writen on the pic or should i use it as it is?
ShambleS

Drisos
05-05-2005, 11:03
I am sending you a new one, with my name on it, just throw away the old one.

Took me some effort(handmade with paint! ~:)), but I think it's a pic. now!

Just A Girl
05-05-2005, 12:00
Well....we could have a tournament if Someone didnt drop out not to mention ne names but ........hmmmmmmm

Drisos
05-05-2005, 12:30
Well....we could have a tournament if Someone didnt drop out not to mention ne names but ........hmmmmmmm

Hello Just A Girl,

do I understand this quite weird post well: someone wanted to join, but now doesn't want to anymore?

That wouldn't be a problem, we just need to find another player.

Shambles, how about this?

Togakure
05-05-2005, 13:07
I have withdrawn from the competition Drisos, as I am about to be admitted into a rather prestigious VI clan and will be very busy training and getting up to speed. I will, however, work with you as I promised.

The manner of speaking that Just A Girl uses reminds me of Trish, Shambles' wife ... as does the wry, tongue-in-cheek, sassy nature of her comments. I think she is giving me a lighthearted bad time because I withdrew from the tournament. All in good fun though, I'm sure.

No worries .... there will probably end up being more players interested eventually than the tournament can accommodate. It just takes time for word to get around is all.

Drisos
05-05-2005, 14:27
I must say that deep inside I dislike it that you probably won't be playing STW anymore, m8. But I should act as a good friend: I wish you lots of fun and luck in playing VI MP, I hope that you'll get in that clan you're talking of.

Of course you'll be busy with VI a lot, but you won't abandon Sword dojo, would you?

Well, good luck and enjoy! :bow:

Shambles
05-05-2005, 14:31
yeah it was trish.
ive had a word with her she didnt think youd take it to heart so she didnt remove it

Shes just teasing.
She never used to tease people but ive been somewhat of a bad influence on her,

ShambleS

Togakure
05-05-2005, 18:46
Hey Shambles m8, no problem at all. I was grinning when I read it cuz I figured it was her. I understand the frustration--was a tough choice for me but, I am having fun learning vi and I will need to work at it if I am to carry my weight with the clan I'm in the process of joining.

Drisos m8, it doesn't mean I won't be playing STW MP anymore, just not nearly as often for a while until I get my vi skills up. While vi is like STW in some ways, in a lot of ways it's quite different. The guys I'm in the process of hooking up with are very good players so I'll have to work to improve my vi-specific skills. I'll still be able to come online and play STW sometimes.

I'll always keep and eye on the Sword Dojo and help out folks when I can m8. I'm quite fond of the place.

Shambles
05-06-2005, 09:35
Yah id been watching you get more involved with MTW, toga
"lurking in the forum"
guessed it would probably lead to that But its no problem really,
I began playing mtw, Personaly I like the campaign mode in MTW.
But im going to stick with my shogun for multi play.

Hope you have fun :)
==========================================================

So back to the tourniment :bow:

Who's gonna be the last entry :)??

a pic "of anything" and email is all u need :P
1st email that arives will be the one who joins,
so if you want to play but cant be bothered sending an email, You may want to re evaluate your position.

I see more than 8 ppl say they like STW most in a poll i made
So come play,
All skill levels are welcome Personaly I will probably loose in 1st round,
and if any 1 think's they could go on and win it all with ease....
so u dont want to play and embarase us ....
come and play any way,

Its just a bit of fun,

please send a pick 114 x 102 pixels and an email exprsessing Intrest to
If you like you can send any size picture and i will resize it.

==========================================================

EDIT.

Here we go then, In addition to the tourniment I am also going to accept Log files. from any battles,

But not through E-mail, becous it would Take for ever,

Its a simple idea and should work flawlessly,

Heres the plan.

You send me a email and i send you a user name and password,

you can then go to my web page and Upload your log files there.

You should name them like so,
username_date

Id prefer dd/mm/yy becous its an accending logical order
shortest 1st...

But you cand do it any way you like,

So heres an example.

ShambleS_06-05-05 NamE_DD-MM-YY
or
ShambleS_05-06-05 NamE_MM-DD-YY

they would be seen here.

http://shoguntw.no-ip.info
Theres also a Link now on wab page called Battle log files.

Drisos
05-06-2005, 14:54
Drisos m8, it doesn't mean I won't be playing STW MP anymore, just not nearly as often for a while until I get my vi skills up. While vi is like STW in some ways, in a lot of ways it's quite different. The guys I'm in the process of hooking up with are very good players so I'll have to work to improve my vi-specific skills. I'll still be able to come online and play STW sometimes.

I'll always keep and eye on the Sword Dojo and help out folks when I can m8. I'm quite fond of the place.

Glad to hear this Toga, I don't want to miss you. ~;)

Puzz3D
05-06-2005, 18:03
Id like feed back on the "super ashi" subject,

WE/MI v1.02 was designed to play at 7k koku per player. It was tested extensively at 7k, but the guns in those tests were weaker. The guns were increased in power on the last day of the beta test, and there wasn't enough time to test the effect on the overall gameplay of these more powerful guns. The guns in WE/MI v1.02 are 300% more powerful than the guns in original STW v1.12.

Two problems in v1.02 interact to mess up the gameplay. First, the guns were made too powerful. That causes the morale system to get messed up because too many casualties are inflicted per volley. That caused players to raise the koku to 10k/player so they can increase the morale of units with honor upgrades. That causes the second problem to kick in in a big way. The second problem is that the cost of upgrades is not calculated correctly. This error allows lower base cost units to pick up more combat power than higher base cost units for the same upgrade cost. If you play with too much koku, the rock, paper, scissors system is destroyed because lower base cost units become stronger than higher base cost units when both are upgraded to equal cost, and 10k is too much koku.

As far as I'm concerned, v1.02 plays better without guns at 7k. The 7k might be low enough to lift the ban on yari ashi, but I don't remember for sure. If you eliminated weapon and armor upgrades, that would remove the upgrade cost problem, and there would be no need to ban yari ashi or limit units in any way.

Shambles
05-06-2005, 18:20
Cant i just go edit the unit stats and make every 1 use them,
Reduce gun fire power.
it seems to be writen in hex so it should be easy.

and with these asigari creatures,
do they have their own multiplyer that i can change. so they get more expensive as the uprgades get added on, but it dosent afect the other units,
or would their be 1 multiplyer that covers all the uits,

I spose i should just go look lol.
but if otheres have already tried,....

EDIT,

What sets multiplier base value? origional honour level defence and mele
or is it units initial cost?
Becous expermineting now, i notice the ashigari problem is quite severe.
and id like to tweake them a little so people wouldnt really want to use them

Togakure
05-06-2005, 23:57
You can edit stats easily, simply by changing the values in the troopstats.txt and projectiles.txt files. However, balancing them is far from easy. Puzz3D and his crew are experts doing so, with years of experience, and they spend weeks to months editing and testing stats in order to get a balanced set.

AFAIK, base unit, honor, and upgrade costs are hard-coded and cannot be modified.

All players must use the same stat in an MP game or the game will fail as soon as players hit the battlefield. If you were to create a custom set of stats, you'd have to distribute them to all players you wanted to battle with online. Unless you include a statswapper, these stats would have to replace their original stats, and would take affect in every aspect of the game--MP, Single Player, Custom Battles, etc.

If you want to eliminate the 4 max rule and ban on ashi, I'd suggest using the 1.03 stat at 7K-8K koku. It is better balanced over all than the 1.02 stat, and you'd be leveraging the work of some knowledgeable people on the subject. The statswappers available already incorporate it, which would make its distribution and use easier. However, keep in mind that the majority of players who would likely be interested in playing at this late stage might prefer 1.02 with the "standard" limitations, as that is what they are used to. I think your biggest challenge is finding participants, so using the most popular stat set might help with that. Then again, there is a group that likes the 1.03 stat too. The challenge there would be getting them to participate. Good luck.

Shambles
05-07-2005, 13:03
i just want to make ashi's cost more really, But cant find where the unit base cost is hiden.

i tried making them stonger and better at defending But this had no real effect on upgrade costs, so i just changed it back,

for around 1500 koku i was able to make group of ashigari guys will 8h 3 w 3 a.

for roughly same i was able to build a group of warrior monks
2h 2w-1a

the ashigari's slaughtered them 120 kills to 15.

just charged them at the warrior monks,
So i really want to change how much they cost
Becous honestly,
thats quite rediculous,

Also the guns i had to adjust down 11 points,
but then i had to adjust the archers and crossbow men

They lost less points than the gun men.
But now i find the computer Shoots 1 volley and kills 6 of my men,
Where as i only kill 1 of his,
Even though he had to march in to my gun fire.
and was using the same 2 line formation as i was,

This i feel is strange,
As i have been told wepon upgrades do not afect muskets.
So i do not understand how they killed more of my men per volley when we were playing on Ironing board
and i had 3A on my musketeers.

I will continue to experiment though,
and i will see what the difrent stats have projectiles set to,

any help with ashigary base cost would be helpfull,
and if any 1 knows for shure that you can or cant change it Id be happy to hear.

and were still looking for 1 more contestant for the tourniment.

ShambleS

Togakure
05-07-2005, 13:08
IIRC, that's the problem: costs, both base unit and upgrades, are hard-coded and can't be modified. Puzz3D knows this for sure I think, so I'm sure when he sees this he'll set us straight.

Shambles
05-07-2005, 13:27
well if its in tthe exe its self i can just decompile it.
But im not to clever at reading the jiobberish that then appears lol.

"it all looks the same to me"

Togakure
05-07-2005, 14:16
Yes, but reverse engineering of commericial software is illegal so of course you were just kidding ~D. I'm sure the CA staff that patronize these forums understand this ... ~;).

I think your best bet is to play with the stats in the two stat files m8. Many very sharp peeps have done so in the past and have come up with some nice stats. Maybe you too will find a nice combination.

Puzz3D
05-07-2005, 15:36
The units costs and upgrade costs are hardcoded and can't be changed.

I'll try to explain what causes the upgrades to imbalance the units. Even in the original STW which only had honor upgrades, the system allowed cheaper units to close the combat power gap with more expensive units. For instance, an H2 YS costing 200 koku had 6 combat points, but could be upgraded to H5 with 12 combat points and 12 morale, and cost 549 koku. The H2 WM at 500 koku had 11 combat points and 12 morale, so the H5 YS is 20% stronger and retains it's anti-cav bonus for only 50 koku more. The WM retained a speed advantage over the YS. Original STW was played at 5k koku so you couldn't go overboard with upgrading since you only had an average of 312 koku to spend on each unit. The H7 YA cost 538 koku and had 12 combat points and 10 morale. It matched the WM in speed but not in morale. So the original game was on a fine line between balance and imbalance at 5k koku.

In WE/MI, weapon and armor upgrades were introduced at the request of the players. However, Creative Assembly made a mistake when they added the weapon and armor upgrades in WE/MI. The cost of honor, weapon and armor are all figured independently on the base cost of the unit, and then added together. This gives an even bigger cost advantage in upgrading cheaper units because all three categories of upgrades are cheaper for lower cost units. The cheapest unit (yari ashi) gets the biggest benefit from this, but it affects all the units to some degree. Since the guns in WE/MI forced the koku level to go up to 10k, the upgrade problem is very bad for the RPS. Even original STW without weapon and armor upgrades would have a damaged RPS at 10k.

I'd try to handle it with rules. If you got rid of the muskets and played at 7k, you might be able to lift the ban on YA. The arquebusiers are probably ok since they have shorter range, longer reload and don't fire in the rain. However, many players have learned how to exploit the upgrade system in v1.02 with the no-ashi/4 gun rule, and have their armies all worked out through experience. You might loose some of them from the tourney.

I find that 4 muskets is still too many since each 60 man musket can kill 300 men. One 250 koku unit which cannot be successfully charged frontally can kill 5 units. That's Projectile Wars, and I can play a WWII game if I want that.

Togakure
05-07-2005, 16:01
As far as I can tell, all but one of the seven currently signed up for the tourney haven't played much MP, and weren't around for the days of the 4 max/no ashi rules. My guess is they wouldn't know the difference if you ran the tournament as Puzz3D suggests--at 7K with no muskets, but allowing arquebusiers. Might be something to consider, given that your audience isn't attached to the old way of doing things in 1.02. Muskets do pretty much make a big part of a 1.02 battle "Projectile Wars." Personally I enjoyed some recent "no musket" games I had with RabidGibbon--they had a completely different dynamic when only archers and cav archers were the only ranged units used.

Shambles
05-07-2005, 16:07
Yes, but reverse engineering of commericial software is illegal so of course you were just kidding ~D. I'm sure the CA staff that patronize these forums understand this ... ~;).

I think your best bet is to play with the stats in the two stat files m8. Many very sharp peeps have done so in the past and have come up with some nice stats. Maybe you too will find a nice combination.

Its illigal?
well i spose i better not play then .

im going to see what i can do to the musketeers in stats,

and i have the origional cd of stw here cd 2 is scratched but in the past i copyed the 2 cd's to 1 folder, then as it tells me Filename.xxx is broken,
I replace them with a similar file that i renamed.
its only about 5 event anims that are effected by the scratch,
so when i do that i get a Boat landing event anim for ninga assasination and stuff lol. But it will then install.
So i can see what the stats origionaly were. on the 1st un patched version of shogun tw.

I dont want to stick a bunch of rules on people,
But the ashi's are a problem if i cant change their cost.

Drisos
05-07-2005, 20:26
Shambles, can you please give a summarize which players we have now? ~:)

Shambles
05-07-2005, 20:42
Just look at the tourniment page :)....

Ive taken flash butons away now so you dont need flash,
But you can skip the main page and go here

so 1st round is

Me vs hunkin elvis

trish (Just A Girl) vs Shakakahn

rabidgbbon vs Drisos (thats you)

and

Cha vs Next entry (whoever that will be)

And you left a emergency call in apothecary
i have replied.

Drisos
05-07-2005, 20:47
Great!

So I will be playing against rabidgibbon, hmmmm, is he good? ~D

I wish everyone very much luck!

Shambles
05-07-2005, 20:50
Its not my place to judge other peoples abilaties :)
What is good to me may be bad to you and vice versa :)

so just see what happens :)

ShambleS

Drisos
05-08-2005, 10:39
OK shambles, than I'll just find it out in the battle ~D!

I hope it's going to be an exiting tournament, I think so too.

I took a look at your websites tournament page, it's very nice!

Puzz3D
05-08-2005, 14:02
These are the WE/MI v1.02 projectile stats:

Length, Frequency, Range, Speed, Accuracy, Power, Reload, Is a gun?, Is Waterproof?

Longbow
{
25, 11, 5000, 150, 0.6, 0.5, 6, 0, 1
}

Mounted Longbow
{
25, 11, 5000, 150, 0.4, 0.5, 6, 0, 1
}

Arquebus
{
0, 15, 4000, 230, 0.12, 8.0, 33, 1, 0
}

Musket
{
0, 15, 5000, 230, 0.17, 4.0, 24, 1, 1
}

Ninja Star
{
0, 5, 1200, 100, 0.8, 1.0, 3, 0, 1
}

Javelin
{
0, 5, 2000, 90, 0.13, 1.0, 5, 0, 1
}

Grenade
{
0, 5, 1500, 90, 0.03, 6.0, 6, 0, 0
}

Crossbow
{
10, 5, 4000, 250, 0.15, 3.0, 15, 0, 1
}

These are the WE/MI v1.0 Projectile stats:

Length, Frequency, Range, Speed, Accuracy, Power, Reload, Is a gun?, Is Waterproof?

Longbow
{
25, 11, 5000, 150, 0.6, 0.5, 4, 0, 1
}

Mounted Longbow
{
25, 11, 5000, 150, 0.4, 0.5, 4, 0, 1
}

Arquebus
{
0, 15, 4000, 200, 0.07, 16.0, 30, 1, 0
}

Musket
{
0, 15, 5000, 250, 0.12, 16.0, 21, 1, 1
}

Ninja Star
{
0, 5, 1200, 100, 0.5, 1.0, 3, 0, 1
}

Javelin
{
0, 5, 1500, 80, 0.15, 2.0, 3, 0, 1
}

Grenade
{
0, 5, 1300, 80, 0.03, 6.0, 6, 0, 0
}

Crossbow
{
10, 5, 4000, 250, 0.15, 3.0, 15, 0, 1
}

All you have to do is take the guns in the WE/MI v1.0 stat and reduce the power from 16 to 4 on both muskets and arquebus. That will give you the guns as they were in original STW. You're only going to get about 1 kill per 20 gun volley on the target unit with these muskets, but the back kills are greater. Notice the reload on archers is 4 in the v1.0 stat. You may want to use that since the gun reload is also shorter.

However, I think you are better off just restricting the use of guns and yari ashi in v1.02, and playing at lower koku.

Sasaki Kojiro
05-16-2005, 17:16
Fellow Taishos,

I thought it might be nice to look at some Armies I have encountered online:
http://img242.echo.cx/img242/6914/unbenannt13wr.jpg

http://img242.echo.cx/img242/6164/unbenannt7hs.jpg

10.000 Koku is the usual limit.
1.03 stats were used.

R'as

As far as I can recall, the first and fourth are Kansuke's, the second is mine, and the third is ShinGaiJin's. They are 1.02 armies.

interesting indeed . These demonstrate the wide variety in ratio between ysams and shock troops between players. I am very surprised to see h3 ysams. Perhaps the player was using them strictly to protect flanks against cav? h7w1 No Dachi!!! Sheesh! First time I've ever seen those used. That last army is an interesting one ... very interesting. Reminds me a little of one of Wolf Kansuke's tournament armies, except this one emphasizes strong ysams instead of a balance between both strong ysams and strong ND for infantry. Might have to play with that one a bit. The first one reminds me of an AggonyBetou army, though his armies are quite varied. I seem to remember being rushed by him with an army like this one.

Toga,

now that you say it, I'm not sure anymore if we used 1.03.
The games were either played friendly or in the 7Bear7-Tournament.
Players included Shingaijin, Kansuke, Heavysword, Mimesaka and some Aggonys.
The monk army was Kansukes if irc.
Perhaps someone sees this and could clarify.
If our moderator (Mimesaka aka Sasaki) shows up, he could probably tell.

Shambles
05-16-2005, 21:11
All contestants in the tourney need to Please set times for when they can play,

We now have enough entrys to comence,
So Lets sort out the times please :)

Also Please make shure you enable battel log files,
Thanks,
ShambleS

Drisos
05-17-2005, 09:34
I can enable log files in the options menu, huh? ~:)

My schedual is pretty weird at the moment, but it will be like this:

some afternoons: 13.30 to 16.30
some evenings: 18.30 to 21.30

Most days, I cannot play long at all. But in about 4 weeks, school ends, and I will be available all day. ~:) :computer:

Zipper Yamamoto
05-18-2005, 18:18
Hello All Shogites :)

And a special Thank-you for Shambles for hosting the Tournament.

I play under the name:

447RoninZipper

and I can play any of the Tounament Games from 20.00GMT until 00.30GMT to accomodate all the participants.

My first game is with: CHA

So if you could post a time that is good for you I look forward to facing you.

Good Luck and Half Fun All of You!!

47RoninZipper

Togakure
05-18-2005, 18:32
Right on, Zipster--flying the 47Ronin flag m8, you honor us. Good to see the 47s represented in the tourney ( I will continue to use 47Ronin in Shogun also, as the Hunters don't play STW).

Good luck against Cha. He is talented and a wily coyote with his cav so watch out. He also presses center simultaneously with his musks and inf, and times his main charges well. He also dances well (remember the opening moves in the game between Anskar and me that you watched recently?).

Shambles
05-18-2005, 20:52
I can usualy play any time i like :)
so you let me know when to play please hunkin elvis,

Also you all should have receved an email by now with tourniment rules,
Please abide by them,

And here are the initial matches

CONTESTANT | PLAYING TIMES

ShambleS (me) - Any time
v's
Hunkin Elvis 3:30am-4:00am GMT on Fridays and Saturdays.
==========================

Trish (just a girl)- 6am-7pm GMT
vs
ShakaKahn -times not known
===========================

Rabidgibbon- Almost any time
vs
Drisos--some afternoons: 13.30 to 16.30
...........some evenings: 18.30 to 21.30

and
Cha- 3:00pm~4:00pm GMT on Fridays and Saturdays
vs
47RoninZipper - 20.00GMT until 00.30GMT

So work your times out here please :)
But Im updating tourniment page as i get playing times so, Just click on your oponents icon to see when they are most likley to be able to play

Have fun
ShambleS

Heres the leader board

Just A Girl
05-18-2005, 21:20
Looks like it's me n you Shakakahn ~:) i can do the tournament pretty much ne time between 11am and 12am (6-7 GMT) except for tomorrow

RabidGibbon
05-19-2005, 02:34
Hi,

I'm pretty much free anytime, so any preferences Drisos?

Drisos
05-19-2005, 09:01
The best times are wednesday and friday in the afternoon from 13.30 to 14.15. At that times, I will always be available, so please see when you can play at those times. ~:)

Welcome to the .org 47Ronin_zipper!! ~:wave:
Thanks for joining the tourney, now we can finally begin! ~:)

Shambles
05-20-2005, 11:31
Ok,
Im going to add a web page to every little pic in the tourniment board.

So in example.
if you clicked on drisos's pic.

it will open a new html page. That will contain some details like,
When is best to play against him,
His previous battle results,
and which army he has been using,

sorry to pick on you drisos, But your name was right above me:)

Also i will add the map name that needs to be played for each level, on the tourniment leader board.
I know i sent an email with the details already,
but i like to keep a bit busy.

Many thanx to 7bear7.com for their interest by the way,
And i hope to see some replies in here over the week end :)

drisos and gibbon,
remember to email me all 3 log files (if you play 3)
i will need all three from b0th of you, (just to confirm the scores)
Please dont try to upload them directly to web page,
cos thats something els entierly :)

Thanx again

ShambleS

Edit

I left this post and drisos was online.
I made 8 basic html's and uploaded and edited some stuff,
And drisos was gone,
And now rabidgibbon is online,

You Couldnt have missed each other by much lol :)

EDIT AGAIN ..... 6 hours later

If you check the tourniment page and find details for you are incorrect Please inform me so i can correct them,

Thanx again

ShambleS

Cha
05-20-2005, 17:40
I could be here at 3:00pm~4:00pm GMT on Fridays and Saturdays.

Shambles
05-21-2005, 19:12
Just need time's from shakakhan now please,

Ps,
Shakakhan Please dont ask to play today as trish is not well and has gone to bed early,

Drisos
05-22-2005, 12:14
sorry to pick on you drisos, But your name was right above me:)

No problem, but I'll be more exact about the times, sorry for not being exact right away:

Wednesdays and fridays: 13.30 GMT - 16.15 GMT =those are for sure
saturdays: 08.00 GMT - 11.15 GMT = not always, just ask
sundays: 16.00 GMT - 18.00 GMT =not always, just ask

I left this post and drisos was online.
I made 8 basic html's and uploaded and edited some stuff,
And drisos was gone,
And now rabidgibbon is online,

You Couldnt have missed each other by much lol :)

No couldn't have been much, just missed. :dizzy:

I'm sure we will meet soon, though. ~:)

Just A Girl
05-22-2005, 22:01
Sorry Shakakhan, ive decided to drop out of the tournament so i guess you'll have to wait for another player to fill my spot

Drisos
05-23-2005, 09:30

remember this post, Trish?

:thumbsdown: Why, oh why? ~D

now we have to wait again . . . :(

never mind ~D, i'm sure there's a good reason(just like toga)

:dizzy2:

Just A Girl
05-23-2005, 18:06
OK im 1ce again in the tournament im feeling much better now so i feel able to play

RabidGibbon
05-23-2005, 19:59
Hi all, sorry about the delay.

How about half 1 on wendesday for our match Drisos?

Drisos
05-24-2005, 09:16
Half one GMT would be too early, sorry.

I'm at school until 13.10 GMT, and should be able to be in shambles foyer at 13.30 GMT.

I hope we can play then. Good luck and have fun! ~:)

EDIT: Glad to have you back 'just aa girl'! no more waiting ~:)

Shambles
05-26-2005, 02:01
Shakakhan,
I have sent you emails and left messages here,
Please inform us of the times you are able to play,

If you have not done so by the time all other maches have been played I am afraid i will haft to remove you from the tourniment and your opponent will win by default.
Thank you

Drisos
05-26-2005, 08:46
I am afraid I will haft to remove you from the tourniment

Don't be too soon with that, m8. The reason that Shakakhan isn't responding might be just that he has some tech. trouble and cannot check e-mail or the .org. I hope we comes back soon too us and can still continue in the tourniment. It wouldn't be nice for Trish either if she couldn't play the first round.

IMPORTANT:

RabidGibbon and me met at your server yesterday, but something went wrong. We could chat and host games, but when someone hosted a game, the other couldn't see it. We have the same version (1.02), logged in and out several times. Both of us tried hosting, also with different options, but still the other couldn't see the hosted game. After this dissappointment we went checking on Tosa's server, but that the server was off at that moment.

We met again in your foyer, and tried again, but nothing seemed to work.

I hope you can solve this soon, shambles. RabidGibbon and I set a new date for our match: Friday in the afternoon: at 13.30 GMT. We were lookin forward to the match, and then it didn't work . . . :embarassed:

Never mind shambles, it's not your fault. It's probably hard running a server. I just hope you fix whatever was wrong before friday.

Thanks again for the tourniment. :bow: :help:

Shambles
05-26-2005, 13:50
Hello,
Sounds like your not receving udp's
I will check my fier wall configuration right now,

i advise fore every 1 to do so as well

if you have a router or a fire wall You need to open port's
Pleae consult your software/router documentation on how to do this,

Port 18321 Is where udps come in to and exit shogun total war,
This Port MUST be opend on your routers and/or fierwall.

and you need to allow udp's to shogun

If you have difficulties Prehaps youd wish to diable fire wall . just For the games,

I have now opend UDP's for fake server,
and also forced that port open on my fire wall, when its needed for Fakeserer,

I dont think there should be any problems with hosting now,

Also Please make shure you Update the game to v1.02 using the official patch .

http://download.activision.com/activision/totalwar/shogunpatch/ShogunWv1.02_Euro.exe

The statswapper needs the official patch to be fully installed.
so simply using v1.0 shogun and then using statswaper to change stats to v1.02 will not work.
You MUST have the official 1.02 patch installed 1st,

I will be in the foyer tomorrow asHunkin elvis and I are sceduled to have our match then,
I could probably drop the fier wall,
and if that dose not work i will switch over to the Back up server,

If all els fails i will host the game for you and you both can join that,
Then il rout my army and let you 2 get on with it.

Thank you,

ShambleS.

P.s
Shakakhan has plenty of time really.

All the games must be played, And then times for second games to be set,
And only then if we have not heard from him,
and every 1 els is ready to continue to the second stage would I be forced to drop him.

EDIT

I have checked server configuration and had people Join a hosted game of mine, And ive been able to join there hosted games.
The server Works 100% and there is now nothing wrong at this end.
Your game should be fine,

!EDIT!

I think I Get To play today or tomorrow,
Its now 7 am Lol Ive been up since 2am.
And I game was seceduled for 3-4am Gmt,
So i guess i haft to wait till tomorrow,

I hope you meant Pm hunkin elvis lol.
Also Could you let me know which server were going to be playing on .

Lol I do hope you ment PM, cos that would mean I may get to Play today,
Howwever,
I guess you could have ment,
3-4am on saturday or sunday gmt,
Lol.
So please let me know when to be at the foyer and which one :)
Im quite eager to loose in battle to you lol.
Thanks

ShambleS

Shambles
05-27-2005, 13:12
Ok its 13:10 Gmt.
And im now siting in the foyer,
If you are unable to opent the ports needed for hosting,
I will host the game and will rout my army. when your ready to begin battle :)

Togakure
05-27-2005, 20:18
Here are some suggestions for when a spectator hosts:

1. Spectator chooses Uesugi Mon, so as not to take center position
2. Spectator takes one fast unit, not an army.
3. Spectator sets unit in corner of circle closest to the map edge, facing edge.
4. Spectator uses WITHDRAW (Control+W), not ROUTE (CONTROL+O) to move his unit off the field, so as not to affect the morale of his ally. Withdraw vs. Route does make a difference--especially if the spectator brings a whole army.

Yari Cav flee the field fastest for obvious reasons. Once the unit completely disappears, the "Please wait while this conflict is resolved" message comes up and the spectator can roam the entire field with the camera and enjoy the show.

The player who is not on the spectator's side is on their honor not to spend more than the allowed amount of koku. The log file provides a check for this, though keep in mind that the log will show more koku than was actually spent initially if units gain honor in battle (particularly low-starting-honor Kensais).

EDIT:

Drisos has described his tourney battles to me in a PM (Congrats on your 2-0 victory m8; no, my coaching has nothing to do with your success--your openmindedness and diligence in improving your play has everything to do with it). Both Trish and Shambles had units on the field? During the whole battles?? The presence of additional units affects the morale of both sides. In a game with heavy fog, if a spectating unit can be seen, it is in range of musket and archer fire and can draw fire away from the competitor army, wasting a unit's ranged effort and ammunition. If you want to promote fair battles, you really should use the methods I've described above to spectate. You can have two spectators--just choose the flags furthest down the list and both take one unit and withdraw immediately at start. As soon as your units clear the field, you can view the entire map and battle without your units affecting the morale or ranged behavior of the competitors. Not to mention being a visual distraction to the players ... .

Shambles
05-28-2005, 09:54
Congratulations drisos,
You are the first to proceed to next round,

Comiserations to rabid gibbon,
who fought valiantly.

p.s
My units were instantly remooved from battle when it began,
I had 1 kenzai unit.

Drisos
05-28-2005, 11:01
Thanks Shambles! ~:) I very happy now!

Will you tell Trish I didn't mind her little mistake during the second batlle for me? I don't want her to feel bad, because it didn't really matter.

RabidGibbon fought very good. He routed 75% of my army and killed my gen. in the first battle. In the second battle, he surprised me with a sneak attack in the fog.

Rabid, I hope we meet again soon, and god luck in the next touniment!

EDIT: Shambles, are the results your site? I can't enter the tourniment part today, but that's just my computer.

Shambles
05-28-2005, 11:19
Yes in deed drisos,
Page has been updated fully.
With your stats and log files,

I know you were ment to send me your log files,
But trish explained about the 1st battle,

And seeing as I was in the 1st battle,
I already had the log file i needed,
and trish gavve me the second from her pc.

Here are some direct links to the htmls

http://shoguntw.2ya.com/stwstats.htm Leader Board

http://shoguntw.2ya.com/drisos.htm Drisos's stats

http://shoguntw.2ya.com/rabidgibbon.htm RabidGibbon's stats

There seems to be a slight over spending on one of the logs,
This is more tan likley down to Units gaining honour during the game.

P.s
As i tend to make pages open in new windows, Some popup blockers may Prevent them opening,
Try holding down ctrl to open them
Also If the pages dont seem to be updated Hold down shift and click refresh,

Thank you
ShambleS

p.p.s
Im sorry i had to run yesterday,
I ended up getting kidnapped, by some friends. And did not get home till around 8am this morning,

Shaka_Khan
05-28-2005, 16:14
Hi, I had a busy week. sleeping:
I forgot my ID name so I made a new one.
Anyway, I have time now for 1 hour. I can't enter your server, Shambles. I have the chatserver port open to 8793.

Togakure
05-28-2005, 18:16
...My units were instantly remooved from battle when it began,
I had 1 kenzai unit.
Oh ok, my misunderstanding then. He did say Trish's units were still on the field, and didn't mention yours. He wasn't complaining at all about it, just telling me the story about what happened during the battles. My statement about units on the field were completely my opinion, not Drisos'.

I tend to be a fanatic about fairness. But it's your tourney, so if I get annoying just tell me to shut up (via PM would be nice). I'm never sure if newer folks know about the stuff I mentioned so I just put it out there.

Shambles
05-28-2005, 20:49
Hi, I had a busy week. sleeping:
I forgot my ID name so I made a new one.
Anyway, I have time now for 1 hour. I can't enter your server, Shambles. I have the chatserver port open to 8793.

Welcome back Shaka_Khan
Ive been busy sleeping to.

Glad to hear from you :)

plz change the 1st 2 lines in your internet.cfg file to

ChatserverIPAddress = ShogunTW.no-ip.info
ChatserverPort = 8793

then when in shogun click on use existing internet connection
then click on play on ea play.
a few attempts may be needed to join server,

p.s
you can also download shamblestw.exe from my web page
this lets you switch between servers easily.

Edit.
And is there a general time and day you can usualy play at?

also if you need to you can just email me,
thats
shogun_tourniment

Shaka_Khan
05-28-2005, 22:29
Actually, I was busy from work. I meant to put a sleeping emoticon to show that I was tired from work. :laugh4:
I changed my internet file the way you told us to but I couldn't get in the server. I'll try again.

Shaka_Khan
05-28-2005, 22:36
It works now. ~:cheers:

Shambles
05-28-2005, 22:53
Is that you in the foyer?
If you have time you can kick trishe's ass now for the tourniment.
Umm i mean play in the game
For the tourniment

Shambles
05-29-2005, 00:41
Congratulations to shaka khan Who proceeds to the next round.

Comiserations to trish "maby next time hun"

Shaka_Khan
05-29-2005, 03:01
Thanks for the games, Trish. You had me worried when you routed all my cavalry. I hope you play here often. We need more players like you at the server.

And thanks to Toga for beating me and giving me tips. I had to write them down to remember them. :yes:

HunkinElvis
05-29-2005, 07:20
I'm here! :charge:

Shambles
05-29-2005, 07:22
Lets play

I will go to my server

Im on my serever now so are you
But you dont seem to reply I will go wait there a while

HunkinElvis
05-29-2005, 08:12
Thanks for hosting the tournament for us, Shambles. I had fun. ~:cheers:

Shambles
05-29-2005, 08:34
Congratulations to HunkingElvis

You proceed to next round, AND record 2 of the quickest victorys so far,

(personal note)

I really think i could have done lots better,
expeshialy in the 1st one,
And in second I could not find heavy rain and ended up with Fine day,

Even though this is true,
I still beleve i would have had my ass whooped :)

~:cheers:

Just need CHA and 47Roninzipper
to manage to find a time sutable for both of them now.

Looking at the Times you both have Stated to be availabe to you,
Its going to be tough Geting you both online at the same time.

Lets hope you find a compromize :)

ShambleS

Zipper Yamamoto
05-29-2005, 21:28
Hello Cha :)

There is no way I can make your Friday time as I am at work..

Is there any way you could make your Saturday time 6pm GMT???????
I don't know how that translates to your local time........I'm in the U.K....
If that time is totaly unacceptable to you eg. it translates to some ungodly hour in your country let me know. In that case I will try and re-arrange next Saturday to get near your time.

Good Luck Have Fun!! :)

47RoninZipper

Just A Girl
05-30-2005, 02:11
Congratulations on your victory Hunkin Elvis :smile: Good luck in the next phase of the tournament :smile:

sorry hun better luck next time :kiss2:

Shambles
05-30-2005, 03:26
:) I told you i would loose

Drisos
05-30-2005, 09:20
Congatulations to HunikinElvis and ShakaKhan!! :thumbsup:

Too bad for the ones that are out of the competition now. But I'm sure they'll do great next time! ~:)

@Shaka Khan: Try clicking 'forgot password', that way you'll get your old account back. In case that fails, contact TosaInu via PM. He can probably give you your password if you explain him the situation.

Shambles
05-30-2005, 13:06
Too bad for the ones that are out of the competition now. But I'm sure they'll do great next time! ~:) :

There will be No Next Time!!!
I LOST AND DONT WANT TO PLAY ANY MORE!
Im CLOSING THE SERVERE AND THATS THAT!!!!

Lol ~:)
You Just Haft to know, Im only kidding :smile:

The next tourniment l try to face my People Towards the opponent,
And il remember that On the other side of the equator The rainy season isnt in the winter ~:shock: :stwshame:

ShambleS

Drisos
05-30-2005, 13:09
There will be No Next Time!!!
I LOST AND DONT WANT TO PLAY ANY MORE!
Im CLOSING THE SERVERE AND THATS THAT!!!!!!!!

You Just Haft to know, Im only kidding !!!!

Lucky us. You got me scared. ~:eek:

And il remember that On the other side of the equator The rainy season isnt in the winter

Then when is the rainy season? I never get rain when I want to ! :dizzy2:

2ddragon
06-02-2005, 19:14
always rains autumn/spring (or it seems like it does)
-2ddragon-

Shambles
06-03-2005, 16:17
I find i get alot of rain in spring/summer.
which would make sence as that would be the opposit of what happens on this side of the equater.

Winter i just keep getting nice crisp sunny days
where as over here it would be 100mph winds sleat snow "we dont get that much snow" and rain.

ShambleS

Ps.

Were still wating on the final match to be played,
could you confirm your interest in the tourniment cha,
or must you withdraw for some reason?

Thank you

Shambles

2ddragon
06-04-2005, 12:53
next tournament you set up - let me know - i'll see what I can do...

Shambles
06-04-2005, 15:29
Shure will 2ddraggon,
At the moment were wating on 1 more matche And then on to the second phaze,

So it could be some time yet :)
But When the next tourniment is about to begin,

Il be shure to be posting here,
as I will be wanting Input on the maps people would wish to play,
and prehaps if we get enough interest We can start a 2v2 tourniment :)

But lets wait till the curent one is over before we get ahead of our selfs :)

Ps
Web page works again now

ShambleS

2ddragon
06-04-2005, 16:51
OK... - I have been on the web page a few times and yes i can affirm that the page now works

Shambles
06-04-2005, 17:05
By the way 2d,
Ive edited the How to host shogun MP games post,
I think Its finished now and has all the details you would need,
heres the link.
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=48438

2ddragon
06-04-2005, 17:06
i read it and have sorted it - im gonna log in now-ish...

Cha
06-04-2005, 22:46
Hi Shambles.
I still can't get in your server. I have time to play now.

Shambles
06-05-2005, 04:00
HELLO CHA!!!!

Great to hear from you my freind,
You need to work out your times with zipper,

and if you can get on any server,
play there,

But if you just need details on conecting to my server
have a look in the How to host a Shogun multi player game

The back up server may have had probelms but Ive changed back now .
Any way heres the link to the thread i mentioned,

oh yeah...

Please remember to enable logfiles,
and that you need to send them to me once your done playing so i can update web page,

Again its good to hear from you :)

ShambleS

Ps.

the ip address to the server is

Shoguntw.no-ip.info

ShambleS

Cha
06-10-2005, 04:26
Is the server on for 24 hours? Sometimes I can't get in. I'll be trying today.

Shambles
06-10-2005, 04:29
Yes server is always running cha.
Some times you haft to try lots,

if it dosent connect straight away, 2-3 seconds
Press escape and try again

It will connect in the end :)

Cha
06-10-2005, 04:34
Is ShogunTW.no-ip.info case sensitive or does it matter? I tried it before and it worked. Now it doesn't. I'll keep trying to get it to work.

This is what I have at my file:

ChatserverIPAddress = ShogunTW.no-ip.info
ChatserverPort = 8793

Shambles
06-10-2005, 04:51
thats fine cha,
i see you attempting to log on, so your settings are fine,

It can just take many tries

Ive made a how to host shogun Mp games thread in the sword dojo,
it may help, but i think everythings ok and you just haft to try lots.

Cha
06-10-2005, 05:23
I'm in.
I see two identical names that are mine. :help:

edit: I think I'm alone. I see someone with no name who is quiet.

edit: I got disconnected from the server. I'll try a little more.

HunkinElvis
06-10-2005, 06:00
I can't get in most of the time too. It just says "Logging on..."

I'm probably having the same problem as stated here, https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=36736&page=13&pp=30

Drisos
06-10-2005, 11:32
@ Cha: If you see your own name or just text you typed appearing as a player, that means someone is trying to log in, I thought. Just wait and the next time he might succeed logging in.

Hope to you see sometime in the foyer. ~:)

Shambles
06-10-2005, 13:52
The loging on problem affects every 1,
If it dosent say loged on within 2 or 3 seconds, You need to try again,
I wouldnt sit and wait whilst it says looging on.

Please note,
Logging on and loged on are diferent.

When you see It saying loging on
Press escape
and try to connect again,
Eventualy It will say Loged on, within 2-3 seconds of attempting to connect, I WOuld Not wait any longer than 2-3 seconsd between trying again,

It takes a few attempts to conect.
Even i haft to clcik play on ea play,
then press escape and do it again usualy 2-3 times.
Till it say Loged on, sometimes it takes many more attempts than that.

Ive looked and looked and Ive opend all ports shogun could possibly want to use,

Ive writen a thread called how to host shogun Mp games, That adresses routers,
and stated which ports the game wants to use,

Having said all this at the end of the day theres only one reply i can give you...
And thats
"Im afraid it just takes Multiple attemps."

Sorry
ShambleS

Drisos
06-10-2005, 14:08
I just wanted to say I rarely have problems logging in, so you might solve it.

A few times connecting... failed, but those times, others couldn't either. When I lost connection (that happens every single time a battle of me ends) I couldn't log in under the same name, but that's normal too. Very, very rarely, it gets stuck in the logged in phase. Then I try again and it works.

in short: I think I fail to log in about 1 out of 4 times. So it can be better then it's now for you, keep up the hope!

shambles, could you find anything on my router? or haven't you had time yet?
~:confused:

Shaka_Khan
06-12-2005, 09:25
I tried many times and I couldn't get in.
I don't have problems now. I'll be at the server for 30 minutes.

Cha
06-12-2005, 11:38
The loging on problem affects every 1,
If it dosent say loged on within 2 or 3 seconds, You need to try again,
I wouldnt sit and wait whilst it says looging on.

Please note,
Logging on and loged on are diferent.

When you see It saying loging on
Press escape
and try to connect again,
Eventualy It will say Loged on, within 2-3 seconds of attempting to connect, I WOuld Not wait any longer than 2-3 seconsd between trying again,

It takes a few attempts to conect.
Even i haft to clcik play on ea play,
then press escape and do it again usualy 2-3 times.
Till it say Loged on, sometimes it takes many more attempts than that.

Ive looked and looked and Ive opend all ports shogun could possibly want to use,

Ive writen a thread called how to host shogun Mp games, That adresses routers,
and stated which ports the game wants to use,

Having said all this at the end of the day theres only one reply i can give you...
And thats
"Im afraid it just takes Multiple attemps."

Sorry
ShambleS
I know. I tried over 50 times.
I hope I could get in this time. I'll be there for an hour if I can.

Do I need to type in my cd serial code?

-edit: OK, I'm on the server. I think someone is trying to log on because I see someone with no name. There is another name that appears as what I type.

Shaka_Khan
06-12-2005, 13:19
I see a C in the server. Is that you, Cha? I think you got disconnected. That happened to me before. I couldn't get back in the server for a week. Now I can get in fine. I even can go in on the first attempt! ~:cheers:

Shambles
06-12-2005, 13:53
Do I need to type in my cd serial code?

-edit: OK, I'm on the server. I think someone is trying to log on because I see someone with no name. There is another name that appears as what I type.

you dont need a cd code,
and yes thats probably some 1 els loging in

Oh and sometimes you need to change your name if you get dissconected from the server

Shambles
06-12-2005, 13:56
I just wanted to say I rarely have problems logging in, so you might solve it.

A few times connecting... failed, but those times, others couldn't either. When I lost connection (that happens every single time a battle of me ends) I couldn't log in under the same name, but that's normal too. Very, very rarely, it gets stuck in the logged in phase. Then I try again and it works.

in short: I think I fail to log in about 1 out of 4 times. So it can be better then it's now for you, keep up the hope!

shambles, could you find anything on my router? or haven't you had time yet?
~:confused:

i addded to the how to host mp games thread.
I think thats your router,
If its not could you try and find out the moddel humber for me,

Thanx

ShambleS

Cha
06-13-2005, 14:46
The server is working fine for me. I'm in business! I'll stay there for an hour or two. :charge:
After that, I might be back tomorrow and Saturday at the same hour.

Cha
06-13-2005, 17:37
Hello Cha :)

There is no way I can make your Friday time as I am at work..

Is there any way you could make your Saturday time 6pm GMT???????
I don't know how that translates to your local time........I'm in the U.K....
If that time is totaly unacceptable to you eg. it translates to some ungodly hour in your country let me know. In that case I will try and re-arrange next Saturday to get near your time.

Good Luck Have Fun!! :)

47RoninZipper
I could be there on Saturday 12:00pm-4:00pm GMT and Sunday 1:00am-5:00am GMT.

Zipper Yamamoto
06-15-2005, 17:38
Hello CHA

Thanks for the update.......
Saturdays r a little busy around that time (main shopping day for my family) but I will try too meet u in the foyer between those times..........if not I will try the Sunday time u have given....
also if u leave your MSN tag here I will add u to my MSN.......and if we see each other we can battle :)

Hope all is well :)

47RoninZipper

Zipper Yamamoto
06-18-2005, 11:33
Message For Shambles:

It is 11.30AM GMT and I am trying to log onto your Server, but cannot do so for some reason..possibly it is of-line.

What I wanted to do was get on early into the Lobby/Foyer so that CHA may see me even if I am away from the keyboard. That way hopefully we will meet either between 4.00 & 6.00 pm or later at 00.00 2.00 AM....and we will get this one out of the way :)

Another important thing is that I cannot host (I have a router & no one sees my game when I host) so hopefully CHA or a spectator can host for us.....

See you all there :)
47RoninZipper

Zipper Yamamoto
06-18-2005, 11:43
I am now in the Foyer:

It was not letting me in with my name 47Roninzipper.........So I logged in with:

47RoninZipper2........

I hope to see you all there :)

Take care

47RoninZipper

Zipper Yamamoto
06-19-2005, 03:23
Well CHA

1.30pm GMT to 3.15AM GMT no show.....

Best if Shambles does a lucky dip ~:) or Shambles set a time date place and we both try to get there 1 hour/2hour max....no show forfeits next time....
Only a suggestion ~:)

47roninZipper :)

Cha
06-19-2005, 08:58
Sorry. I entered the server last night after you left and I went to church today. I can meet you now for 3 hours. If I see your message here then I'll go to the server. ~:grouphug:

Zipper Yamamoto
06-19-2005, 10:58
Hello CHA

It is 10.55 GMT and I am waiting there now....
I will try to wait untill 12.00 pm or 12.30pm.....hard to say.....it's Fathers Day and we are going to have some family fun today ~:)

47RoninZipper ~:)

Cha
06-19-2005, 11:59
Thanks for the games, Zipper.
Sorry to the other players. I fooled around too much. :oops:

Zipper Yamamoto
06-19-2005, 12:01
Shambles The Last result is in ~:)

CHA (BooBoo Amari) 2 47RoninZipper - 0

First Battle close.....but the second a total massacre........but good fun ~:)

Good Luck With The Tourney hope u all have fun....
don't forget to let me know when the next one starts....jejeje ~;)

All the Best

47RoninZipper

PS Log Files sent by e-mail....interesting stats ~:cheers:

Shambles
06-19-2005, 15:53
Congratulations to CHA.
Who makes it through to the next round,

Comizerations to 47zipper, :bow:

:) Competitors should try to work out a time for their next match,

The semi finals will be,

Hunkin Elvis vs ShakaKhan

And

Drisos vs Cha.

Please arange your times accordingly

ShambleS

Cha
06-19-2005, 23:22
The next map looks very difficult.

Just A Girl
06-20-2005, 05:51
Congratulations Cha :smile: and good luck in the next leg of the tournament. Better luck to you in next tournament 47RoninZipper.

Drisos
06-20-2005, 10:30
The next map looks very difficult.

It sure is. I think semi finals will be 2-1 both. (not in any order)

We will be facing each other in the semi-final. Good luck!

I think Friday might be the time we can play. I don't think I have time every friday, but it might work out sometime. (I am not in a rush, but let's not let the tourney last too long)

Zipper m8, good luck for the next tourney, sadly you're out already of this one.

Cha
06-23-2005, 18:00
Thanks Trish. And thanks to Shambles for hosting the tournament. I hope to see you both at the server soon.

@Drisos,
I hope to see you soon too.

Shambles
07-19-2005, 09:21
Congratulations to Hunking Elvis.
The first contestant to seal his place in the final With a definative 2 clear wins at Awa.

Conratulations.

Comiserations to shakakhan.
Hope to see you in the next Tourniment :)

ShambleS

Drisos
07-22-2005, 11:25
Congratulations to HunkinElvis!!! :bow: 2-0 at a river is impressive and promising for the final. ~:cool:

Conmiserations to Shakakhan. losing is never fun, but especially not after you did such a good first round. hope to see you in the next tourney or just in the foyer somtime. ~:cheers:

Wingman
07-25-2005, 23:23
I sent an email a while ago about wanting to participate in a tournament, and thus far have recieved no reply back. What's going on?

Drisos
07-26-2005, 10:04
Maybe shambles didn't receive it by some sort of error, or maybe the adress was incorrect. have you tried:

?
that's the correct adress. anyway, now you posted here shambles will sure react and you'll participate in his 2nd tourney. ~:) welcome and good luck! :bow:

Shambles
08-14-2005, 21:25
Any details on when the next battle comences?

Drisos
08-19-2005, 21:07
sorry we are being so slow. :embarassed: I hope we meet soon, Cha. I'm just back from holiday and have quite some time next week.

Drisos
08-29-2005, 09:30
Shambles, sorry again for being a turtle.

Cha, we should now really hurry up things. I hope you can be there soon when I'm there too.

Cha
08-29-2005, 09:48
I'm there.

Cha
08-29-2005, 10:02
I'm still there.

Cha
08-29-2005, 10:26
I have to leave soon. I'll be back about 6 hours later.

Drisos
08-29-2005, 10:27
awww. I could've played but now you have to leave... well I'll try to come in 6 hours.

Cha
08-29-2005, 10:30
I'm still at the foyer, and not leaving yet.

Are you too busy right now? Tell me when you could get there.
I have to eat soon.

Drisos
08-29-2005, 10:41
Well I'm not sure when I have time today.

I now must go walk with the dog, be back in 20 min.

I'll go to the foyer then.

Cha
08-29-2005, 12:57
Drisos, I see that the server has kicked you out. Is the server letting you in?

Drisos
08-29-2005, 20:16
I replyed to this q via pm.

shambles, after the Awa battles it is 1-1 between me and Cha. exciting ~:)

Shambles
09-01-2005, 07:46
Congratulations To Cha :) Who proceeds to The finals where he will be Facing
Hunkin Elvis.

Good Luck to you both :)

And also Congratulations to drisos And every one who Fought valiantly In the tourniment.

ShambleS

Wingman
09-01-2005, 09:53
Excuse me! Far be it from me to complain and make a big fuss of things, but the lack of a response to my request to participate in the ongoing tournaments strikes me as strange. I have mentioned my desire to participate on this forum and I have emailed Shambles on two occasions requesting to participate, all to no avail. Why am I being ignored? Do I smell like fish or something? It seems to defy reason that someone who enthusiastically wants to participate in the community starved for members be turned away without a good reason. Sorry for making a fuss, but playing Shogun is something that I really want to do. Let me into the tree fort!

Drisos
09-01-2005, 13:43
Excuse me! Far be it from me to complain and make a big fuss of things, but the lack of a response to my request to participate in the ongoing tournaments strikes me as strange. I have mentioned my desire to participate on this forum and I have emailed Shambles on two occasions requesting to participate, all to no avail. Why am I being ignored? Do I smell like fish or something? It seems to defy reason that someone who enthusiastically wants to participate in the community starved for members be turned away without a good reason. Sorry for making a fuss, but playing Shogun is something that I really want to do. Let me into the tree fort!

have you sent shambles an email with a pic? If not I think he wants you to do the official way of getting in the tourney. maybe he hasn't seen your mail yet or just didn't think it was necessary to reply. shambles himself is the best to answer here.

Congratulations to Cha, who fought well and very honourable.

Thanks shambles! congrats is better then conmis. I did my best and in honour. sadly it wasn't good enough. well I'm going to practice some and then cooporate in the next tourney as well. thanks for hosting them. ~:)

Good luck to both HunkinElvis and Cha. It's a korean final ~D

Cha
09-02-2005, 09:05
Thanks for the games, Drisos. I hope to see you in the next tournament.
And to Shambles, thanks for hosting these games for us. :bow:

Shambles
09-02-2005, 11:54
Ive been looking through entries that Did not relply when asked to veryfi interests and Ive found.

the winged victory,
You seemed to have stoped Expressing a interest in the tourniment m8,

Ive sent you a pm, But i dont know how often you come on to the forum,
Send me a email If you want to join the tourniment please.....

I have replied to ALL emails that made it to me, Also I sent pms and stuff to the winged vitcory With no reply, So was nevver added to the tourniment,

I cannot see any one els who this happend to,
And as far as i can see every 1 who aplied was able to join,.

Im sorry If i missed you.

Please make shure that mails are sent to Shogun_Tourniment@hotmail.com thats Shogun_Tourniment

I will soon be accepting Applications for the second tourney.

Prehaps exepctions could be made for an early E-mailer or 2

So please watch this space.

ShambleS

HunkinElvis
09-06-2005, 05:43
Congratulations Cha. ~:cheers:

Since we live in the same time zone, we can meet at the tournament soon.

Shambles
09-10-2005, 12:40
WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

COngratulations first of all to both Hunking elvis and Cha For Reaching the finals,

Even More Congratulations To huning elvis.
Who Wins the tourniment with an Impressive 0 Losses,
"Even when attacking a bridge crossing He came out Victorious"

Congratulations Hunking elvs,
Quite Impresive.

Verry well done.

ShambleS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on a secondary note

I am Now updating web page,
And Taking Applications for the next tourniment.

Disscusions About which Terains/Maps to use are now open.

Please feel free to Enter your input.

WINGMAN.
if you wish to join this tourniment could you please PM me with your email, So i ca send you the correct email addessThe email is.
SHOGUN_Tourniment@hotmail.com
thats
Shogun_topurniment

Hope to recev more applications soon.
And This time I hope i dont face Hunking elvis in the 1st round :)

ShambleS

Shambles
09-10-2005, 13:07
Heres a Prt screen of tourny board.
Visit my web page if you wish to interact with it.

P.S

If any one visits other Shogun related forums,
Could you try to inform people of the org and These little tourniments,

Prehaps if we get enough players we can have 2v2 tournie as well as a 1v1 tourny.

Thank you all for your interest,

ShambleS

Oh yah heres the board.
http://freespace.virgin.net/shambles.instalations/TOURNY.jpg

Just A Girl
09-10-2005, 20:37
Congratulations HunkinElvis very well done

Congratulations to Cha also for making it to the finals better luck in the next tournament

Shin-GaiJin
09-11-2005, 10:31
Congrats..did anyone save the game replays?Id like to see them if any are available.

ShinGaiJin

Drisos
09-11-2005, 15:52
Bow at Hunkinelvis for impressive stats... :bow:

Congratulations to both who reached the final. ~:)

Glad to see you two worked it out so soon, now the second tourney will start I cannot wait :duel:

conmiserations to Cha... but well fought! :bow:

Shambles
09-11-2005, 19:12
Remember to Sign up :).
Beginer or veteran, All are welcome,

HunkinElvis
09-12-2005, 00:44
Good game, Cha. That was a hard game. ~:thumb: :balloon2: :balloon: :balloon3:

Cha
09-12-2005, 13:57
Congratulations Elvis!
You deserve 1st place.

Drisos
09-13-2005, 09:05
shambles if you don't mind having 16 players I'd love to help. Í have several boards on which some people might be intrested...

about terrain:

maybe you again wish to have a hard final terrain, but I'd say include totomi(maybe first round) then 4th K or nagashima as second round. then maybe a more hilly map for the final. azukizaka and aki are also welcome of course. ~:)

rules of the last tourney were totally fine IMO.

Shambles
09-13-2005, 10:51
we will see how many people apply,
It was pretty tough getting 8 last time if i recall.
maybe More know this time round,

theres 5 appliccation's so far
So we shall see :)

As for the maps,

My personal opinion is when your going to war You Tend to find the Defending hostiles Have heard you were coming And have decided to use some sort of terrain advantage.
I.e A bridge, or a cliff edge.

Id like the map progression to at least slightly reflect the above statement.
I.E

Easy maps 1st When you caught the defenders unnaware on almost even ground.
Lie 4th / totomi "or similar"
Now the news of 1st victory would spread In real life, so knowing that the victor is now coming for them the defenders would chose a better place to defend them selfs,

I used AWA last time a bridge crossing, Dosent need to be a bridge or anything to serious but id like it to be harder to attack on than the previous map.

Again word would spread of the victor. And the next army of defenders would chose a Better place to defend Yet again,
I chose awaji last time.
Big ass cliff. usualy With Good weather options.
"provided attacker choses season"

And so on.

Im shure we can get a balance of terrains that works for every one.
also the more players we can find the more maps we can use.

id also like to discuss Using no musketeers, As an option,
Perhaps it could coax some of the players who used to play but stoped because of musketeers in to joining us.

ShambleS

Drisos
09-13-2005, 12:07
id also like to discuss Using no musketeers, As an option,
Perhaps it could coax some of the players who used to play but stoped because of musketeers in to joining us.

hmmm. I prefer using them, but the rule wouldn't make me step out of the tourney.

shambles, can you please give tell who already signed up? then I know who has already made the decision and who I still need to convince ~D (because the tourney page is at the 1st tourney)

toga would be intrested but has no connection atm. I'm sure anskar is intrested, and perhaps Ishida, Methos or E-menel too, but they have been away for a while and I'm not sure they'll read about the tourney in time.

Shambles
09-13-2005, 13:56
Cha
Drisos
ShambleS
ShinGaiJin
YoJimbO

are the names so far.
I left a message Teling people about the tournie at the 7bear7 forum But i dont visit any other STW sites,

Regarding th muskets..

Muskets dont bother me either, but some people may prefer playing without.
If people were to request Musket free tourniment, then we could concider it.

Drisos
09-14-2005, 08:22
Ah I see.

Well I'm a bit surprised by the list there is now. mmmmm this is 5. maybe Rabid, hunkinelvis,shakakhan and wingman will join too. that's more then 8... but not even close to 16..

have you tried to convince trish again? ~D

Togakure
09-17-2005, 18:28
Toga here, checking in for the first time in a few months. Since I was last here I've moved to the other side of the United States and am now in charge of three children under 5 years old while their mother recovers from major surgery (her husband, a close friend of mine for years, is a very hard-working attorney). My computer went tits up just before I left the West, so I'm using my bro's laptop to send this. Needless to say, I won't be playing any games online for quite a while, given my circumstances. I will be able to pop in now and then on the forums though.

Interesting--Cha and Elvis both from Korea, both finalists ... . Congrats to you both. I hope everyone who participated had fun.

Nice to see you are representing the 47s Drisos. Keep up the good work. I won't be doing any gaming soon, but I'll see if I can light a fire under the other 47s' butts. My buddy here has a vacation home in Tampa, which is only 100 miles or so from where Methos lives in Orlando, so I'm hoping to actually meet and harass Methos in person soon :P. I'll get in touch with him and the others and pitch the tourney to them--the more the merrier etc.

(6 month old baby boy hollers in background) .... duty calls, see ya'll later :).

Mr. Mom Toga

Shambles
09-19-2005, 00:20
Glad to see you again toga :)
dont be a stranger my friend

Drisos
09-19-2005, 08:40
Toga here, checking in for the first time in a few months. Since I was last here I've moved to the other side of the United States and am now in charge of three children under 5 years old while their mother recovers from major surgery (her husband, a close friend of mine for years, is a very hard-working attorney). My computer went tits up just before I left the West, so I'm using my bro's laptop to send this. Needless to say, I won't be playing any games online for quite a while, given my circumstances. I will be able to pop in now and then on the forums though.

Interesting--Cha and Elvis both from Korea, both finalists ... . Congrats to you both. I hope everyone who participated had fun.

Nice to see you are representing the 47s Drisos. Keep up the good work. I won't be doing any gaming soon, but I'll see if I can light a fire under the other 47s' butts. My buddy here has a vacation home in Tampa, which is only 100 miles or so from where Methos lives in Orlando, so I'm hoping to actually meet and harass Methos in person soon :P. I'll get in touch with him and the others and pitch the tourney to them--the more the merrier etc.

(6 month old baby boy hollers in background) .... duty calls, see ya'll later :).

Mr. Mom Toga

Hello toga my friend,

Good to see you here again!! I missed you! ~:) we'll still miss you in the foyer but it's nice hairing from you here again ~:) Good luck in being a mother ~D You're doing admirable work now. :bow: I might post in rtw mp section asking for cxtopherus, peepee and methos perhaps in combination with '47Ronin' hope someone sees them then and gets them back in the village... it's way too quiet there. I might post a link to my nearly finished guide here too someday. Cool you might meet methos in real sometime ~D tell him to drop by. ~:)

Take care.

Shambles
09-22-2005, 02:03
Response is prety slow, So im just Bumping this thread ,

Hopefully More will join the tourniment :)
Then we can begin :)

ShambleS

Cha
09-22-2005, 07:22
My playing time has changed. My possible playing times are:

11:00 am - 1:00 pm GMT; Mon-Thurs
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm GMT; Fri
5:00 am - 7:00 am GMT; Sat, Sun (maybe)

Trajanus
09-22-2005, 10:53
I'm always interested so long as it finishes before November or starts after November. I'm on the road for that month.

Drisos
09-22-2005, 12:36
well I hope we either start soon... we must get a few more players or we try to find 16 and start later... but I'd rather finish before november ~:)

Drisos
11-09-2005, 12:38
Shambles, Here's somethign on the maps for the next tourney~:)

- Totomi (the fairest map aside from IB)
- Azukizaka (Tokugawa) a nice map with challenges for both sides
- Aki (hilly and forested; favors the defender, very much so if they camp in the corner)
- 4th Kawanakajima (small hills, hard to attack, but it can be done)
- Nagashima (the standard one, not "Nobunaga"; small rises and forests, hard to attack and to defend--beware any Aggonies on this map--they know it well).
- Buzen (Hill for defender with a forest on it, harder to attack)
- Owari (double bridges, a bit harder for defender)
- Tajima (attacker starts on beach, Defender on rise, but it can be successfully attacked with the right, slow approach)

For a dramatic change, try Yamato. It is covered with small hills and patches of forest. It requires an untypical army to be successful here. Small hills for the defender, but it can definitely be attacked successfully with a creative approach. Ninja, Kensai, and shock infantry do particularly well on this map ... . Take fewer cav on this one, definitely (do take at least a couple though ...).

:bow: hope we can start soon!

Just A Girl
11-09-2005, 12:47
still 1 player short my freind.

I am going to update tourny page tomorrow though So people can see who is playing,

And then il be asking people to post there avialable playing days and times,
Like the last tourny These times will be displayed with the playerts stats on the tourny board

the maps Will neede to be tested for fairness, But again if we play the best of 3, 1 attack 1 defend 1 on ib (if needed)
it will even them selfs out,
Again id like for the terrains to become progressivley more difficult for the attacker,

And we can see which maps are best,

We can even hold a vote on the matter.

P.S
" If we sucessfully host and play this tourny, Maby next time I will find some cheap and tacky oriental dolls or sumthing, And we may even get prizes (Dont hold your breath though) as i do have a daughter that will always come before any Buying of prizes,
But Its a thought on how to get people, back playing,
THIS WILL DEFINATLY NOT BE IMPLIMENTED THIS TOURNY"

Also if you browse the forum for a post about "whats 1.03 stats about" (or something like that)
I am trying to find out which stats would Entice the veterans back to playing.

And prehaps more stats can be made and tested Untill every 1 is happy.

Drisos
11-09-2005, 12:57
still 1 player short my freind.

I am going to update tourny page tomorrow though So people can see who is playing,

I know.... I'll try to get Methos or Asnkar in~;) thanks for editing that page, so I can see how my pic looks ~:)

Again id like for the terrains to become progressivley more difficult for the attacker,

Well, for instance:

1st Round: Totomi/Azukizaka/Aki/Nagashima/4th K (these are the fairest maps around)

2nd round: Buzen/Tajima/Suruga/Hitachi/Chikuezen (just a few examples of harder maps)

3rd round: Owari/Yamato/Mutsu/Nagashino/Kozuke (just a few examples of very hard, and various types of maps)

Just A Girl
11-10-2005, 10:55
hello.

Concerning the Tourniment.
Were still 1 player short,

But could all contestants Please confirm their interest in the Tournie, Also Could al entrants Send me their Little pictures for the tournament Board,

And also Post their available Playing times/Days.

-----------------------------------------

Also if every contestant could possibly Come up with a list of terrain names that could be apropriate.
or prehaps just name some of your faves So we can produce a short list and find some terrains Every 1 would be happy with,

We can iron out the terain details later.

-------------------

We also need to decide on the rules of this tourniment,

We played the last one at,

10k koku,
maximum 4 of 1 unit allowed,
no yari ashigaru (super yari)
v1.02
in a best of 3 format 1 as defender 1 as attacker, 1 on ironing board.
It was 1v1 8 player tournament,
which consisted of 4 blocks of 2 player,
With 1 person proceeding from each block

We could discuss the posibilaty of using a v1.03 patch to help eliviate the need for the max of 4 1 unit type rule,

A nother idea that was posted is that we use v1.02 and ban Muskets all together and use arbusqiters, at 7k koku. and allow yari ashigaru's

Or have a max 2 muskets rule. 7k koku and yari ashigaru,
Again arbusqiters would be ok.

more ideas Are welcome,
And hopefully we can iron out a set of solid rules that even the veterans will enjoy playing,

Thank you for your time,

P.S

I was going to update the tourniment board today but I need pictures, :)
I have sent requests to all who have requested to join,

I Think I already have your picture drisos....
is it the same as your msn pic?

Any way thats about it for now,

So

Thanks in advance.

Drisos
11-10-2005, 13:08
10k koku,
maximum 4 of 1 unit allowed,
no yari ashigaru (super yari)
v1.02
in a best of 3 format 1 as defender 1 as attacker, 1 on ironing board.
It was 1v1 8 player tournament,
which consisted of 4 blocks of 2 player,
With 1 person proceeding from each block

I'm ok with that ~:) but as others might be not, I'll accept any rules for the tourney~:)

I indeed sent you a pic already, but I'm a frequent paint user and have a new, better one:

https://img391.imageshack.us/img391/8800/tournamentpicture4mw.jpg

this is the link:

https://img391.imageshack.us/img391/8800/tournamentpicture4mw.jpg

:bow: :charge:

ps: thanks for battles yesterday! ~:) soon again ~:)

Just A Girl
11-12-2005, 16:03
weve lost a player from thr tourniment :(

So theres now 2 spaces left.

Drisos
11-12-2005, 16:37
not again ~:mecry:

can I know who it is? it's not me, you or Ottos I guess. Won't be Trajan either because he's not here to say he doesn't want to stay... that leaves YoJimbo, Cha and GaiJin.

I hope it's not GaiJin, or at least that he's not leaving stw mp but only the tourney... I don't want to miss him...

Mystic
11-18-2005, 23:42
:( Im Still In :D Though I Will Lose :) Doesnt Hurt To Try

Drisos
11-19-2005, 20:47
Don't worry m8! you're not that bad! keep confidence in yourself!! ~:)

in the 'come play shogun multiplayer with us!' thread in sword dojo is a link to a mp guide at my 'clan's' forums. go read there if you wish, and if you have any questions ask me there or here... preferably there as I can't be at the .org long anymore sadly ~;)

Mystic
11-19-2005, 21:33
I Was Over There Seen A Very Detailed post by You Quite Interesting ^.^ Good Work But I May Hafta Drop From The tournament If The problem With Shogun Persists :(
Until Next Time :bow:

Ottos
11-23-2005, 08:30
Mystic, I think u could use a lesson shogun, you'll improve a lot, just some positioning, timing etc. Not that I should teach it to u caus I'm not that good neither. But drisos teached me some things which did help me improve.

btw pherhaps my brother could join the tourni, he just began playing stw and I made him play stw mp. So pherhaps I can convince him.

Drisos
11-23-2005, 08:48
I Was Over There Seen A Very Detailed post by You Quite Interesting

Thanks... I hope it will help you ~:cheers:

Ottos, please go read over there as well... and ask me if you don't understand something.(you probably will) you know most basic things in multiplayer, so I guess it's a matter of knowing the rest of them, gaining experience by battling very often and evaluate what went well and what went wrong, in the foyer. Try to use many different armies, formations and strategies. fight at different maps and fight different opponents. and do this all.. a lot! ~:)

Mystic, I think u could use a lesson shogun, you'll improve a lot, just some positioning, timing etc.

Though I guess you didn't mean to, this sounds a bit rude... Don't worry Mystic, as time comes, skill will come back too. ~:)

Ottos
11-23-2005, 13:17
Though I guess you didn't mean to, this sounds a bit rude... Don't worry Mystic, as time comes, skill will come back too. ~:)

Haha I see now too, "u could use a lesson", hmm didnt meant to be rude at all. I just think it would be usefull to improve, it was for me.

edit: btw drisos, where can I read it, I don't see where I could find it right now.

Drisos
11-23-2005, 16:51
at the Chushingura forums... in Ashigaru Dojo. (that's logic, ~;))

Ottos
11-23-2005, 23:07
Ah, I see, ok, it is logic but wasn't it written somewhere here, or a link or so, I cannot see one.

Just A Girl
11-29-2005, 18:24
Ok weve had a nother resignation from the tournament,
Im going to wait a week and then if no more entrys arive I will be canceling this tourny.

I will Re open it again When we are giving away prizes 2

Drisos
11-30-2005, 15:53
Oh no... :no:

How many players are there left? perhaps I can resign and let you guys have a 4 player tournament. If there stil lare 4... Cha and YoJimbo haven't been here in ages. Trajan is not yet able to play. Who's left? GaiJin, Ottos, Shambles and me? In that case we can have a 4 player tourney right now ~:) (if you don't mind having only 4)

Just A Girl
12-01-2005, 12:46
Im afraid Ottos Is the one who resigned yesterday for reasonsd I shall not disclose,

Trajanus
12-09-2005, 12:56
Sorry guys, I wish I could compete but I just haven't got the spare cash to get my internet connection up and running yet. Plus its flipping hard trying to explain to a chinese guy inn sign language what connection type you want...etc!

Give me a week or 2 and hopefully I will be up and running. Then I can get back into the swing of things.

Shaka_Khan
12-10-2005, 07:33
I'll join in the tournament. :charge:

Just A Girl
12-10-2005, 07:48
well If we can all get to gether Mid to late january, I should have some prizes ready.

maby in the mean time People who would want to play.. Could set Up "PO Box accounts."
So nobody has to submit there home address.

Il probably add text that tells you to type
"I dont want a prize"
in the address box for people who dont have a po box and dont wish to disclose there address.

And btw I decided,
The bokken Is from an "ornimental weapon" web page,
There allowed to distribute it as a "decoritive Item"
So I should be able to do the same,

Which means that its a 99% chance that the prize will be a 40 inch bokken.

The previous tourny has now been cancelled unfortunatly.
But atleast there is something for us to look forward to in the new year.

Drisos
12-10-2005, 09:06
I'll join in the tournament. :charge:

yes!!!!! thanks! ~:) one more.. how many now?~:)

Trajanus
12-10-2005, 15:43
If its in mid to late January I will be there. Although sorry to other combatants that my time zone makes it difficult to play.

Advanced warning.

Just A Girl
12-15-2005, 18:19
well it seems wel be able to pull 8 players out of the hat in january,
So It looks like were gonna have a tourny :)

I think this time we will be playing on diferent terrains,

Hows about this lay out ....

1st battle at Ironing board.
whoever looses Falls back To There Province (chosen before they begin.)
If they win. They then moove to the other players Home province Also chosen b4 the tourny began,.

I.e

Lets say I was given Totomi as my home province.

And lets say Toga "just using your name m8 dont worry"
Had been asigned 4thK as his province,

If toga defeated me on the ironing board He would have Pushed me back to my home province, "totomi"
And there for the next battle would be there.

And if i won the 1st battle toga would be forced to his home province, "4thk"

Aditionaly,

If toga won the 1st Battle, And i successsfully defended the second,
Toga would then haft to defend his home province,

To make this fair I would select 8 terains that are of similar dificulty to defend. And then randomly asign one to each contestant as they join the tourny,

Any 1 see probs with this Other than There being a Luck of the draw factor?

Sasaki Kojiro
12-15-2005, 21:26
It sounds cool.

I think you may have a problem finding maps.

Totomi-azukizaka
4th-nagashima

those would work I think. But totomi-4th would be uneven. Maybe assign one map pairing to each round of the tournament.

Just A Girl
12-15-2005, 22:00
Well the dificultys Just need to be The same.

They dont haft to be Fair maps for the defender or the attacker,
Aslong as All the maps asigned are Similar in difficulty,

They could all be Horrible terrains to attack on.
So long as they are all just as bad as eachother it should be fair,
This should Bring in a greater diversety of terrains that Could be played on,

Although the wining competitor would still only play on
5 diferent maps provided they also had to defend there own home province, Thats still 1 more terain than the last tourny.

id love to have it so the 1st match on each tier was a diferent terrain.
And then you have your home provinces 2.

However this would be un fair with attack/defend
So I beleve the 1st would need to be the ironing board,

In the previous tourny,
Hunkin elvis won
He never played on the Ironing board,
And wone every fight,
He saw
Bizen, Awa, And Awaji.

With the proposed format,
he would have Seen
IB. And 3 aditional terrains Of his opponents, (there home province)
And also if he had been defeated 1ce he would have fought on his province.

Also if you win a battle you may have more interest in the outcome of the next group to you,
As you may prefer attacking 1 terrain over a nother.

We could Even Compile A group of maps,
New or old, Home made, exetera.
And release a Small map pack for the tourny,

I could send the pack to all entrants via email And have it on my web page,

this could fix the terrain problems.

Also All entrants Are WELCOME to make a terrain They would like to be there home province,

1 word of warning though,
Just cos you made the terrain would Not mean that you get asigned that terrain as your home province,

so if you do make a super Cool defendable terrain.
bear in mind you may end up being the 1 trying to attack it,

Hows that for an idea then ?

Trajanus
12-16-2005, 14:33
I'm up for that. Maybe I will do a little terrain making myself. Always wanted to do that, but my old computer didn't have a good enough GFX card for it.

Drisos
12-16-2005, 16:26
Overall a cool idea, I think. :san_cool:

only it is a bit less fair then the system we had the previous tourney, unless both parties get the same 'home region'. but having the same 'home region' cuts off most of the fun part of this idea I guess. we should try to establish combinations of two maps who have almost the same advantage for the defender. also, in this system hard-attacking maps like river crossings or mountain can't be allowed. because if is a close match it will never end..:san_grin:

Just A Girl
12-17-2005, 12:06
Well the dificultys Just need to be The same.

They dont haft to be Fair maps for the defender or the attacker,
Aslong as All the maps asigned are Similar in difficulty,

They could all be Horrible terrains to attack on.
So long as they are all just as bad as eachother it should be fair,

Every 1 will have a diferent home province

Drisos
12-17-2005, 12:14
so... we need to find 8 nice flat maps? :san_cheesy:

hmmmmm. might be hard without mappack.. I have it but not everyone does.

Just A Girl
12-17-2005, 19:58
so... we need to find 8 nice flat maps? :san_cheesy:

hmmmmm. might be hard without mappack.. I have it but not everyone does.

Who said they had to be flat?

Trajanus
12-18-2005, 11:13
We don't need 8 flat maps. We need 8 maps of equal difficulty.

Drisos
12-18-2005, 16:34
I did... for the reason I said earlier:

also, in this system hard-attacking maps like river crossings or mountain can't be allowed. because if is a close match it will never end..

I mean, when both players are the same skill, and the map is hard to attack (=not flat) the match will never end because the defender always wins.

or do I misunderstand the system you proposed, Shambles?:san_huh:

Just A Girl
12-18-2005, 17:14
yes drisos u seem to miss the point,

The 1st battle of every group will be on the ironing board,
so thats 1 loss for some 1 there.
1-0
Then you moove to the home province of who ever lost,
You say defender will win,
1-1
Now becous the other player lost a game we now play on his Home province,
2-1

We have A winner!
And we can possibly play on 2 seperat terrains in each group and the Ironing board.
as aposed to playing 1 terain per group and Maby the ironing board whic is how the last 1 was played.

so no matter how difficult it is for you to attack the home provinces, As long as there all of similar dificulty It will be fair,

Drisos
12-18-2005, 18:44
yes drisos u seem to miss the point,

The 1st battle of every group will be on the ironing board,
so thats 1 loss for some 1 there.
1-0
Then you moove to the home province of who ever lost,
You say defender will win,
1-1
Now becous the other player lost a game we now play on his Home province,
2-1

We have A winner!

I still do... ~:mecry:

hmmmm. perhaps you mean that the battle ends in all cases after three battles? then it would mean that you have to win both attacking and defending when you loose on IB?

I guess that's what you meant, then. but I understood something else from your initial post on this matter.. well np.

one bad thing about this, is the battle on IB. who will defend it? you might think it does not mean much, but if both players decide to be defensive the battle doesn't end, so the defender has an advantage. another advantage for the defender is the larger deploy zone. so what will decide who plays defender on IB?

Just A Girl
12-19-2005, 00:11
we could do it with the 1st person in each group is defender.
The attacker still gets weather n season choice.

And we can also draw names randomly to see who gets which spot.

If there were more players.
we could construct a play off then the 4 best qualifiers "seeded" would be given the opertunaty to defend 1st.
Then the rest would fall in to line in acordance
But we dont have enough players, So theres no point in discussing that option :)

Just A Girl
12-25-2005, 17:22
Just to let people know,
Applicatios will soon be accepted for the next tourny,
This time we have A prize for the winner as well.
(No entry fee or postage payments needed its 100% free to join and to win)
I will accept postal adresses.
or PO box adresses for people who wish to win the prize,
For people who dont wish to disclose there adress, and or Cant get a PO box address.
But still wish to play But not be sent a prize...
There is the simple option of Entering "NO PRIZE" as there postal address

We still need to iron out the Rules of engagement.
So if were hoping for a mid to late january start. We need to get these things sorted out,

Applications will be accepted from the 26th or the 27 of december.
Please use the application form on my web page.
Its in the tourny page,
Again i will be requesting people supply a picture that can be easily used on the tourny board.

Thanx again.

Hope to see you on the battle field.

Trajanus
12-26-2005, 07:24
Hey can you sign me up for the tournament please. I'm still having issues connecting to your site.

I'm not worried about a prize (I wont get that far anyway :p) I will have a picture to you soon.

47Ronin Trajan
NO PRIZE

Cheers!

Just A Girl
01-01-2006, 11:26
Np Trajan.
I will fill the form out for you.
Email it to my self.
Send you a copy.
And then you can verify the details are correct.
Otherwize you wont have agreed to the rules and other disclaimers like every 1 has to.

Trajanus
01-03-2006, 09:30
Ok sounds good to me.

arcade81
01-07-2006, 15:22
Is it too late to sign up for the tournament? I hope not..

Arcade81
NO PRIZE

Drisos
01-07-2006, 16:17
Not too late... lets hope your approach gets things rolling.

but(a big but), I might not be able to log in soon.. in that case I cannot participate in the tourney sadly... gah I don't want to think of that.. it's scary:skull: :sweatdrop:

Trajanus
01-09-2006, 06:08
When are we thinking of a start date for the tourney.

Still haven't got STW or an internet connection at home. These are musts to compete so when are we thinking of starting so I have a deadline to work towards.

Just A Girl
01-09-2006, 13:27
Were ok for a while there dosent seem to be many applications.
So you have time to fix the problem drisos.

Reading posts here it seems like people are applying here
So Im going to add a link to the Application form

http://shoguntw.2ya.com/app.htm

You should have plenty of time yet trajan.
And you can sign up ok arcade.
If you can. please try to use the application form.
Link is above.

Thanx