PDA

View Full Version : Size of the campaign map

Myrddraal
04-21-2005, 10:42
Should the camp map be bigger?

When working on the camp map I realised that it isn't detailed compared to the books. For EG I'm reading Rands battle with the seanchan, and the whole campaign takes place east of ebou dar. At the mo on the campaign map, this is about 3-4 tiles. Not enough in my opinion, but I'd like urs.

Remember, using the several turns a year script, we can avoid the problem of long distances....

Sephriel
04-21-2005, 12:09
well, i'm for longer marches. so that for example the disciplined band of the red hand(correct me) has a advantadge in movement(and the aiel, of course, too)

UglyandHasty
04-21-2005, 13:28
personnaly i would like a bigger and more detailed map, but only if it come with several turn a year.

Orb
04-25-2005, 15:13
I don't think that it is neccessary.

Ldvs
04-25-2005, 15:59
I suggest you paste the map here because I fear not everyone's remembering it by heart (me, for example ~D ). Before I vote, I'd like to know how many turns will a year be divided into? 4 like the seasons or more?

Myrddraal
04-25-2005, 17:55
Well I assume that the whole thing will be divided into 4 seasons, but it could be more. remember, we can also increase movment per turn, which in effect would simply make it like a higher resolution map...

I'll post some screens of the map soon.

Ldvs
04-25-2005, 18:24
I think we should be able to cross the entire map in half a year (with horses), because if I remember well they would have been able to reach Falme from Cairhien in less time than what it actually took after Rand mishandled the stone portal.

Ldvs
05-01-2005, 14:16
/me looks for the map
/me tells himself : "hmm still not here... I think I'll have to inform on Myrddraal to his master"
~D